[Drama 2018] My Mister, 나의 아저씨 - Best Drama at 2019 (55th) BaekSang Arts Awards

Go Seung Ji

I hope everyone here will stop assuming those "age gap controversies" in this drama are from IU fans. Many of you here may be new to IU and do not know her fandom or her status in SK. You also may not know what she have been through to get to where she is today. So please stop assuming Uaenas are the one causing the "age gap controversies" in this drama.

1st of all you need to understand IU status in SK. This links will help you.

https://www.soompi.com/2017/12/19/koreans-choose-top-singers-songs-idols-2017/

https://www.soompi.com/2018/04/05/forbes-korea-announces-top-40-power-celebrities-2018/

https://www.soompi.com/2018/02/15/february-female-advertisement-model-brand-reputation-rankings-revealed/

Next you need to understand IU have been through many "controversies" in her career. The media love to create "controversies" at any opportunities cause IU status will draw lots of attention and traffic to their sites. The worst "controversy" IU went through was during 2015. Many ever say her career was over. This was the darkest year for IU and Uaenas.

Why the "age gap controversies" are going on now is cause haters can't attack IU acting like they did with her previous drama. Also they are trying to open old wound from previous "controversy".

Lastly fans don't create "controversies" for their idol! Only haters who are jealous of IU success and want to bring her down so their fave can shine. We Uaenas love and support our queen in everything she does and every choice she made.

Here is a video that capture the bond between IU and Uaenas during our darkest period.

Spoiler

At the end of the video where Uaenas begin to sing Heart.

Heart is a song IU wrote using the purest part of herself. After this concert, IU always sing Heart together with Uaenas in her concerts.

I hope everyone here will stop generalizing "IU fans" cause I do not want to go off topic again to defend IU or Uaenas.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, arsdf said:

Dear friend sorry but please dont generalize it as if all those 'negative reactions' are coming from IU's fans. There's a lot of haters pretending to be IU's fans and some immature fans who just new into IU world. It's not only LSK who got negative reactions, even IU too she got so many critics and negative comments from haters and some immature 'fans' in her Instagram even when the news is just about her considering the offer. It was also hard for us (true IU's fans) to deal with those immature people. The true IU's fans never did those stupid things like talking bad about LSK or compared him to another hot actor. We were proud and happy bcs IU finally able to work together with great actor like LSK and others senior actors and ofc with the great production team. Thank you. :)

Yes, I apologize, and to @Joseph Lim too. I did not mean to generalize.  I know there are true fans who support her decision and immature "fans" who want to control her and whatnot.  Obviously those who are enjoying the show here are true fans. :-)

• Like 5

Hi friends :)

I've been a lurker on this thread and just wanted to say I enjoy reading all of your commentary on the drama! 

I mainly decided to un-lurk because I saw that some users here were assuming that the hate towards Lee Sun Gyun are from IU fans when this is not the case. I am a long-time IU fan who follows various forums and I can say confidently that her fans (both Korean and International) are not responsible for those malicious comments. In fact, I've seen many fans praising Lee Sun Gyun and being thankful for his kindness and support towards IU as a huge senior in the industry. 

Most of these comments are coming from a mixture of K-feminists who continue to insist that there is a romance aspect to this drama because of the title "My Ahjussi" + IU antis (she has a lot, which is expected of female idols in general). This is especially prevalent on twitter, Nate, and Pann. The timing of this drama's airing has been unfortunate as well since the #MeToo campaign has been relevant these past few months with several ahjussi celebs being outed for sexual harassment, including the original actor of Sang Hoon, Oh Dal Su. I believe this is why Park Hosan emphasized during the V Live that the term "ahjussi" has had a negative connotation to it as of late, but it was his hope that through this drama, this would change/people would not generalize.

There will always be that loud minority who spread rumors about the drama's storyline (without even having watched it lol) and post malicious comments, but the majority who actually follow the drama have nothing but positive things to say about the directing, writing, and acting of the cast. I would't pay much attention to them as they are just keyboard warriors who have nothing to do but jump on the hate bandwagon. 

• Like 21

4 hours ago, Joseph Lim said:

I hope everyone here will stop assuming those "age gap controversies" in this drama are from IU fans. Many of you here may be new to IU and do not know her fandom or her status in SK. You also may not know what she have been through to get to where she is today. So please stop assuming Uaenas are the one causing the "age gap controversies" in this drama.

1st of all you need to understand IU status in SK. This links will help you.

https://www.soompi.com/2017/12/19/koreans-choose-top-singers-songs-idols-2017/

https://www.soompi.com/2018/04/05/forbes-korea-announces-top-40-power-celebrities-2018/

https://www.soompi.com/2018/02/15/february-female-advertisement-model-brand-reputation-rankings-revealed/

Next you need to understand IU have been through many "controversies" in her career. The media love to create "controversies" at any opportunities cause IU status will draw lots of attention and traffic to their sites. The worst "controversy" IU went through was during 2015. Many ever say her career was over. This was the darkest year for IU and Uaenas.

Why the "age gap controversies" are going on now is cause haters can't attack IU acting like they did with her previous drama. Also they are trying to open old wound from previous "controversy".

Lastly fans don't create "controversies" for their idol! Only haters who are jealous of IU success and want to bring her down so their fave can shine. We Uaenas love and support our queen in everything she does and every choice she made.

Here is a video that capture the bond between IU and Uaenas during our darkest period.

Reveal hidden contents

At the end of the video where Uaenas begin to sing Heart.

Heart is a song IU wrote using the purest part of herself. After this concert, IU always sing Heart together with Uaenas in her concerts.

I hope everyone here will stop generalizing "IU fans" cause I do not want to go off topic again to defend IU or Uaenas.

Let me clarify just in case of misunderstanding. The fans I pointed out in my post earlier are not pertaining to all UAENAS out there which I know are legitimate IU supporters. The frustration in my posts are  directed towards the small fraction of immature fans and haters who keep on badgering a respected actor like LSG and posting negativity in SNS. We don't like it but those people are out there causing unnecessary hate, writing letters, and even complaining to the Korean censorship board about this show. 

I agree these trolls cannot criticize IU's acting performance any longer so they will spread hate in other ways, shape, and form. I apologize if some of the UAENAs are offended but in no way there is insinuation that the age gap controversy is coming from  your camp. 

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote videos! Thanks! :)
  • Like 10

1 hour ago, KevinD said:

Hi friends :)

I've been a lurker on this thread and just wanted to say I enjoy reading all of your commentary on the drama! 

I mainly decided to un-lurk because I saw that some users here were assuming that the hate towards Lee Sun Gyun are from IU fans when this is not the case. I am a long-time IU fan who follows various forums and I can say confidently that her fans (both Korean and International) are not responsible for those malicious comments. In fact, I've seen many fans praising Lee Sun Gyun and being thankful for his kindness and support towards IU as a huge senior in the industry. 

Most of these comments are coming from a mixture of K-feminists who continue to insist that there is a romance aspect to this drama because of the title "My Ahjussi" + IU antis (she has a lot, which is expected of female idols in general). This is especially prevalent on twitter, Nate, and Pann. The timing of this drama's airing has been unfortunate as well since the #MeToo campaign has been relevant these past few months with several ahjussi celebs being outed for sexual harassment, including the original actor of Sang Hoon, Oh Dal Su. I believe this is why Park Hosan emphasized during the V Live that the term "ahjussi" has had a negative connotation to it as of late, but it was his hope that through this drama, this would change/people would not generalize.

There will always be that loud minority who spread rumors about the drama's storyline (without even having watched it lol) and post malicious comments, but the majority who actually follow the drama have nothing but positive things to say about the directing, writing, and acting of the cast. I would't pay much attention to them as they are just keyboard warriors who have nothing to do but jump on the hate bandwagon. 

I wonder what happened to those K-feminists when Goblin was garnering ratings last year? There is really nothing wrong if devoted fans of My Ajusshi will insist on the romance aspect between DH and Jian because of the title. That right is reserved within the viewers prerogative. We can all come up with our own conclusion based on the story telling and direction of the show. I don't want somebody telling me what to think or another clarification press release stating "this is not a love story".  The problem is all the spoilers from the news are tainting the viewing pleasure of many fans like myself who are obviously invested and loved the show for what it is. We are all fans too. I am actually supposed to be having a time of my life because I am a big fan of three;  Kim Won Suk, LSG, and IU. But all these spoilers being released is quite frankly turning me off. 

Obviously the hate bandwagon was already there from the beginning. I usually don't pay them no mind but the harassment must be really bad when the close friend of LSK have to do another news clarification and give spoilers 3 weeks into the drama. What a freaking mess.. I am sad because IU is probably having the greatest acting performance of her career right now and I cannot even fully enjoy it because of all the spoilers. 

• Like 13

Cr: to Popgasa
JUNG SEUNG HWAN – ORDINARY DAY (보통의 날) MY MISTER OST PART 3

I think
I’m breaking down
All the times I barely got through
I’m afraid it’ll disappear

Drip drip
I’m trying to stop my falling tears
As I pretend nothing is wrong

I say hello to you
And I start my day like that again

I’m alright
Telling myself it’ll pass

As I cover up the past

As it builds up, I get used to it
Days I can’t turn back easily

I forgot about the beginning
And I kept getting farther away
That’s why I couldn’t tell you
So another ordinary day passes

You
I know you’re sad and crying
Though you act like nothing’s wrong

You say hello to me
And start your day like that again

Are you alright?
Telling yourself it’ll pass

As you cover up the past?

As it builds up, you get used to it
Days you can’t turn back easily

You forget about the beginning
And you keep getting farther away
That’s why you couldn’t tell me

As if nothing is wrong today
Another ordinary day passes

Cr to CJ &EM Music

• Like 7
  • Sad 2

13 hours ago, timidjock0819 said:

The hypocrisy regarding this issue is really astounding. If age gap is bothersome, then why not hate on all the dramas  like Mr. Sunshine, Goblin, and Pretty Noona who also have veteran actors starring with much younger partners . LSK is handsome and sexy as hell but all these immature haters are upset because it is not their usual kdrama oppas. I just hope the writers didn't change the story the way it was written just to appease all the haters and trolls. It is like allowing them to dictate the plot and controlling the overall creative process of the show.  If I am writer Park & PD KIm, I will just savagely write and add subtle romantic scenes between Jian and Dong Hoon in the upcoming episodes. I have one suggestion: please lock them in an enclosed space together like in a closet or something. Let's see how far that spark of electricity between IU and LSK will go and intentionally give all the haters a heart attack.  And I agree @mintea18 from now on I will ship hard for Jian and Dong Hoon just because I don't want to conform to this hypocrisy and immaturity .. 

To the amazing cast and crew,  fighting! you guys are doing a good job. Please tell the beautiful story of My Ajusshi the way it is suppose to be told and don't let the artistry be influenced and dictated by haters that don't even watch the show. 

Love your post, poor me who lost in the Jian and DH world not notice out side there have many people make ruckus and try to change the story on their own imagination make judgment and predictmen might ruin our enthuasme to waiting how the story unfold, did they denied how subtle their relathionship till now, how jian disbelief that Ahjussi waiting them at mid night just to help her grandma upstair? How to explaine the scene when she mad with photocopy machine after last night she eardrop DH told his office team the reason he pity her? Many more subtle moving scene made our heart ache yet sweet in their interaction why should denied when there so much emotion untold made you shivering and in love..goodness the writer and the pdnim do very well to told the meaning finding your soul,they make every scene tell story itself.this drama is not average drama this is an art and healing drama.

Let's support the story flow and their chimestry till the end avoid to judge and make bad assumption.

My Ahjussi team faighting.:blush:

• Like 7

my-ahjussi-ep-4-memorale-line-my-mister-

K-DRAMA REACTION: MY AHJUSSI | EPISODE 4

Earnestness is like life imprisonment…You’re struggling through your life sentence of earnestness." ~ Lee Ji-an

Poignant, simple and horribly real. These are the three things that make My Ahjussi a wonderful drama. It started dark and lethargic yet it slowly and unknowingly draws you in. My Ahjussi Episode 4 has been my favorite chapter to date as the characters start to slowly peel off another layer of their skin.

The Earnest Ahjussi

It’s hard not to adore Park Dong-hoon’s traits. Yes, he is far from being perfect but you can’t deny how good of a man he is. This is what Lee Ji-an is slowly finding out as she continues to listen to his conversations.

Dong-hoon’s colleagues are starting to get curious as to why he wanted to fire Ji-an. One of them even called out her bad behavior but Dong-hoon dismissed them by saying that “four men shouldn’t sit around badmouthing a girl.” Dong-hoon’s subordinates kept prodding him about Ji-an and his response was powerful enough to break through the Stoic Agassi’s wall.

FULL: https://ahjummamshies.com/2018/04/08/41169/

• Like 7

"How can I play if they don't pass me the ball?" A seemingly simple statement that speaks of so much more than just a simple game - that his whole life has been one where he never had the upper hand, never been given the chance to grasp the reins. From his family, to his marriage, his work - he had been stamped underfoot all this while, and it is high time that he finally wrests the ball from those who are determined to keep it from him.

In Ep6, we are given insight into the gradual deterioration of his marriage - her dissatisfaction that he would not prioritise their nuclear family over his mother and siblings, her achievement which made his lack of advancement all the more disparate. Their marriage is one of literally no communication - he chooses to numb himself and shut himself down without ever opening up to her, and she finally ends up not caring anymore either. It is obvious that their marital problems stem far back to the early years of their marriage even to when their son was still a baby, and that they were merely going through the motions, her (and most probably even his) perception of his inferiority in the face of her success, and his refusal to set aside the well-being of his family pushing them further and further apart. As such, I have to wonder whether there is even love any more between them, long before she begun her affair, or had everything between them corroded the love that was once there. 

The dynamics between PDH and LJA have at last begun to change, but at present, it is still a lopsided relationship. Previously, she always had the upper hand, with her insights into the deepest recesses of his life, particularly those which he holds tightly to his chest, allowing no one to see; as well as her dispassionate, consistent inroads into ensuring his downfall, backed by his powerful rival. He was always at a disadvantage, with only his innate decency saving him thus far from being irrevocably trapped. This time though, their places are reversed.

He now holds the upper hand, even though he does not even know it. He has become her lifeline, the one she runs to, for him as well as for herself. Unexpectedly, without either of them realising it, he has crept in and taken a foothold in her life, becoming the one ray of light in the midst of her existence, the sliver of hope she looks to from within the deep dark well that life has thrown her into. Bound by fear, desperation, unable to move forward and outrun her past, her fear of judgment the moment anyone she meets finds out about her past, she had built up well-nigh insurmountable walls to protect herself, letting no one in. How ironic then, that this stick-in-the-mud she once despised, this man whom she began listening in to plot his downfall, is now the presence that she reaches for, drawing solace, even in just the sound of his breathing, the quiet timbre of his voice. It is telling that she has become so immersed in his world, that she, who has always been on the alert, would have been caught unawares by LGI breaking into her home. It is heartbreaking, that she, having suffered at LGI's hands, could only derive comfort from the bleakness of her life in his words of acknowledgment, which she played over and over and over again, reminding herself once more that she matters. Nonetheless, while my heart aches for her, I am glad that, after so long, she has something she could turn to, to cling to, to make her life that much more bearable. As such, I really hope that one day, she who has been fighting the world alone for so long, would at last gain an extended family - one that is quirky, but full of warmth and unconditional support - with whom she could let down her defenses and feel safe, secure and protected, just as she has been protecting her only family all this time.

On his part, his instincts tell her that she knows so much about him, and he is afraid of being laid bare for all to see, vulnerable in the eyes of the world. In the exact same metaphor as the expensive underwear, he somehow knows that she sees his pain, his suffering, his humiliation, and since he has no control over how she knows it, he only asks that she feigns ignorance. What a truly truly desolate request from the man who has suffered so much, currently even living through the hell of realising his wife was having an affair with the man he hates most, to ask only that she helps him maintain his final vestiges of dignity in that way. For now, he sees her as someone who is an enigma, prickly yet unexpectedly standing up for him when he was put down, and he trusts her enough to be able to make that achingly honest appeal. As such, I already hurt for him, knowing that down the road, he would be hurt yet again, when he finds out her initial duplicity, simply because I can't bear for him to be hurt any more. Nonetheless, if the preview is anything to go by, he finally snaps, and I can't wait to see that happen, and for him to at last fight for himself, refusing to be downtrodden and played for a fool anymore.

• Like 20
  • Thanks 4

It's upsetting to see this beautiful show gets a lot of backlash from some insensitive people who only think about what they want or not want to see in a show. I know we can't please everyone, and there's bound to be a group of people who doesn't like a particular trope, in this drama's case, huge age gap between the main characters. Some people find it disturbing, and it's within their rights to convey their thoughts, but I really can't stand people who attack the actors and/or the production team just for doing their jobs. I really hope the whole My Mister team can still go ahead with their planned story, and just focus on the positive feedback from fans who really enjoy the show.

Now, I do admit that I actually want Donghoon and Jian to be together in the end, because that's the impression I get from watching it since ep 1. They are portrayed as two lonely souls whose worlds are so bleak and gloomy and they can't help but be drawn to each other. It's like they recognize their counterpart, their kindred in each other. Both Donghoon and Jian may find each other's presence crippling at first as each found out the other's weaknesses and saw them in their most vulnerable state, but I think they're starting to trust each other. They both seem more emotive in regards to each other, like Jian who slapped that deputy for badmouthing Donghoon, or Donghoon who show his concern because Jian wore short socks during winter. It's like they bring colors back to each other's worlds and it's so beautiful to see. They are becoming, let's say.. a better version of themselves ever since they met. Jian shows more emotion and concern for people (well, only with her ajusshi lol) other than her grandmother, and Donghoon starts to stand up for himself. It would be weird for me to see if they go on separate ways at the end. So far, the PD team managed to portray their relationship in a beautifully nuanced way, the chemistry is so palpable (i mean did you see that train scene?? i could cut the tension like a hot knife through butter lol) it would be a waste if Jian doesn't end up with her ajusshi.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 3

49 minutes ago, tsukiazura said:

It's upsetting to see this beautiful show gets a lot of backlash from some insensitive people who only think about what they want or not want to see in a show. I know we can't please everyone, and there's bound to be a group of people who doesn't like a particular trope, in this drama's case, huge age gap between the main characters. Some people find it disturbing, and it's within their rights to convey their thoughts, but I really can't stand people who attack the actors and/or the production team just for doing their jobs. I really hope the whole My Mister team can still go ahead with their planned story, and just focus on the positive feedback from fans who really enjoy the show.

Now, I do admit that I actually want Donghoon and Jian to be together in the end, because that's the impression I get from watching it since ep 1. They are portrayed as two lonely souls whose worlds are so bleak and gloomy and they can't help but be drawn to each other. It's like they recognize their counterpart, their kindred in each other. Both Donghoon and Jian may find each other's presence crippling at first as each found out the other's weaknesses and saw them in their most vulnerable state, but I think they're starting to trust each other. They both seem more emotive in regards to each other, like Jian who slapped that deputy for badmouthing Donghoon, or Donghoon who show his concern because Jian wore short socks during winter. It's like they bring colors back to each other's worlds and it's so beautiful to see. They are becoming, let's say.. a better version of themselves ever since they met. Jian shows more emotion and concern for people (well, only with her ajusshi lol) other than her grandmother, and Donghoon starts to stand up for himself. It would be weird for me to see if they go on separate ways at the end. So far, the PD team managed to portray their relationship in a beautifully nuanced way, the chemistry is so palpable (i mean did you see that train scene?? i could cut the tension like a hot knife through butter lol) it would be a waste if Jian doesn't end up with her ajusshi.

So beautifully written,you see posts like yours one gives me the confidence that it's okay to go ahead with what you feel lol. I don't know how it's gonna end but I'm very curious of what Ji An feels about Dong Hoon though. Both times when she ran fearing about his safety has so much feels that I couldn't help  wanting them to be each other's support system, damage control. Cause right now no matter what public might say, neither Yoon hee or Jung hee understands Dong Hoon as much Ji An does. I don't know what the writer thinks, but I can't see anyone but Ji An who can help him to discover his own trueself once again. 

Here's to hoping more interaction between Ji An and Dong Hoon , ( I just love the dialogues between these too, like the one where she says he's living a life sentence of earnestness) and less vomit close-ups. :/

• Like 14

I just start to watch this drama up until episode 4, and gosh I love it. To be honest, this drama is such a gem. I did not expect this drama to be so good, its truly one depressing drama but yet so addicting. A lot of people might already said it but, I do love IU character here and her acting really do improve a lot. It's nice to see IU playing a character that out of her 'usual' self (the cute and pretty one, who do an ordinary things and eventually attract a lot of boys/mens, and her eyes wide open in every zoom in shot you know what I mean), for me I think she play the character Ji An pretty well, she have that emotion that makes you the viewer feel her sorrow, her sadness and also her desperation despite all the bad things that she do to other people including LSK's character. 

And I do love the brotherhood of these ahjushi, and their own life story. It's hard not to share some emotion and connection to all this character, at least we all feel a little bit depressed in life and we could connect a lit bit from this character, Park Dong Hoon is one of frustrating and lonely man. There are not much lines in this drama, sometimes the character just sit in silents without uttering a word, BUT thats the good part. Even-though we did not hear any word, but their action speak louder and has a lot of meaning. 

And PDH's wife, she do act like a richard simmons  mean lady by cheating from her husband with his junior slash boss. But if you see from her point of view,  its not really entirely her fault. All this time the only interaction that I see from this married couple is just so minimalist, if you ask me it isn't an ideal for marriage life. And every time the wife ask something to her husband, her husband just give her a short answer. Any woman can get lonely with a husband like that, that is why she is seeking an affection and attention from another man, I know its wrong but try see it from her shoes. 

People shouldn't be so sceptical at first and really do give this drama a chance. 

And can someone tell me, will there be or not a possible romantic relationship between LJA and PDH? Because I don't want to start shipping them in romantic way only end up with a broken heart. (yeah, thats how I ship my drama couple)

• Like 15

I notice the atmosphere in this forum is getting sour and filled with tension because of that actor's statement.. Cheer up guys! Romance or no romance, let's see this drama 'til the end, i'm sure it will be a healing experience (as what the director and writer promised) for all of us. :D

To brighten the forum's mood a little bit.. Let me ask you guys a question.. 

I find it interesting how some of you guys were saying that the writer was trolling / baiting us with the attempted kiss and almost skinship on the train.. So I was wondering if there's any scene that you guys wish could happen between our main leads, JA and DH?

As for me, i wish there could be a hug scene between the two. Doesn't have to be romantic (in case it might uproar the k-feminazis). I'm talking about a consoling and platonic kind of hug scene.. Where JA / DH could just cry to their fullest and let it all out. Also, I want to see DH attend to JA's wounds.. Aside from that, I agree with @jgsiu a cohabitation scene where we get to see JA stay with DH and his brothers will be fun to watch as well. 

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, mushroomsoupie said:

I notice the atmosphere in this forum is getting sour and filled with tension because of that actor's statement.. Cheer up guys! Romance or no romance, let's see this drama 'til the end, i'm sure it will be a healing experience (as what the director and writer promised) for all of us. :D

I find it interesting how some of you guys were saying that the writer was trolling / baiting us with the attempted kiss and almost skinship on the train.. So I was wondering if there's any scene that you guys wish could happen between our main leads, JA and DH?

As for me, i wish there could be a hug scene between the two. Doesn't have to be romantic (in case it might uproar the k-feminazis). I'm talking about a consoling and platonic kind of hug scene.. Where JA / DH could just cry to their fullest and let it all out. Also, I want to see DH attend to JA's wounds.. Aside from that, I agree with @jgsiu a cohabitation scene where we get to see JA stay with DH and his brothers will be fun to watch as well. 

What to say?

How about DH running madly to rescue Jian from abhusing gay  hug her and says you are okey now, it's okey to cried out load pat her back :blush: ,  since till now only Jian who's run worrying DH:tongue:.

2 moore days to episode 7

• Like 7
  • LOL 1

3 hours ago, mushroomsoupie said:

I loved how some of you guys were saying that the writer was trolling / baiting us with the attempted kiss and almost skinship on the train.. So I was wondering if there's any scene that you guys wish could happen between our main leads, JA and DH?

I was hoping that the writer would continue along that line, giving us more of that uncomfortable-ness. The attempted kiss had me gasping FOR REAL!!. The scene on the train was SOOOOO HOOOOTTTTT!! So uncomfortable!  I have accepted that there may not be a loveline, as badly as I want one, but my hopes rose on that train ride. I found myself reconfirming that hey, JA is 20, so she is legal!!:D

If the writer is true to the story, I believe a loveline can happen. DH will definitely be shafted in the gut when he discovers that JA was one of the people who set him up. She needs to be the one to tell him what she did. He'll be furious, but I think he feels something, whatever that thing is, that is enough to bring him back to her.

As others have alluded, there may be a cohabitation scene. Cohabitation takes the pressure off the whole "performance" we give when dating. I think that's the best place for their relationship to grow, egged on by those naughty brothers of his. If his brothers don't push him, I fear he may do nothing. And they'll be honest enough to point out issues. Even if their relatinship doesn't become a marriage, they need to give themselves a chance to test it, answer the question, what if?

Of course, I want this to happen after he divorces Judith Iscariot.

However, there is  an alternative here, that DH and JA can have a healing relationship that would draw him back to his wife. I wouldn't have a problem if the two got back together, obviously after working out their lack of communication issues. JA can come out of it with the ability to relate with other people, and form her own relationship, maybe in a university.

Also, in inasmuch as I didn't like how the actress gloated at the director's downfall, THEY NEED TO GET TOGETHER!!! OMG!! :grin: They'd be totally cute, and I bet it's been a minute since the director had a woman, being broke and all. Maybe they can comeback into the movie industry with the film of a lifetime. That is, if she can redeem her acting. lol.

The loser brother needs to get back on his feet, stop feeling sorry for himself, sleeping in his mother house, and get back to his wife! ASAPest!! Yesterday even.I'm a sucker for stories where married couples get back together. As a side note, I think the woman who plays his wife is absolutely beautiful!!

• Like 11
  • LOL 1

2 hours ago, mushroomsoupie said:

What a great question.  Thank you for starting this.  Let's see if I can keep this from going into romantic territory.  I want to see Dong Hoon beat the crap out of Kwang Il.  I want to see them trapped again in a small space and experience that delicious awkward tension.  And yes, an engulfing hug that lasts a long time.  I want them to talk about a potential romantic relationship.  I even want her to attempt another kiss.  

We already got a hint of Jung Hee's longing for a man, and I believe that person is Dong Hoon.  If that is true, I can't wait for Jung Hee to confess to him and make a romantic move (kiss).  I don't even mind having DH return the favor (perhaps in a drunken state), and have Ji An witness it and despair.  I guess if I can't have romantic skinships between DH and JA, I'll settle for ones with Jung Hee.  But a soul-deep connection, one that completely breaks before healing, between JA and DH has to happen, even if it remains platonic, even if it crushes my own soul.  I just think this is more illogical than logical.

• Like 8
  • LOL 2

6 hours ago, Kimchi Sweet Potato said:

It appears this will be the next OST release. I was inspired by a few people in this forum to upload this.

If this is true, it will be another great addition to this drama ost collection!!! :wub::heart::blush:

• Like 2

Hi guys, I am delurking.  This drama so far is excellent.  I'm a fan of Misaeng and Signal, finally caught up with episode 6 but have not read your comments so will soon.  I just want to share some screencaps from episode 6 which I think delivered beautifully in dialogues and shots.

Beautiful work here to evoke the feelings of our main characters.

Dong Hoon's realization of his wife infidelity, face obscured, how alone and devastated he must have felt in the relationship.  I love how quiet the whole scene was.

IMG_0007

Spoiler

IMG_0008

His dejected walk across river, second in the series of head shots.

IMG_0011

Standing in a city that he feels excluded as an outsider

IMG_0012

Ji-An rushing to her ajusshi's rescue.  Love the GPS special effect editing at the bottom right corner. How they will always find each other in the lowest point in their life, when they needed someone.

IMG_0013

These two provided the needed comedic relief.  The most creative use of down filling in history of Kdrama.  I love how lovely the "snow is" as they cross the street.

IMG_0010

IMG_0015

Their conversation at the bar.  No matter how hard life is, it's worth living for the fun of alcohol.

IMG_0016

This scene tears me up, she keeps replaying his compliment.

IMG_0020

Spoiler

IMG_0019

It's her turn for the back shot. Beautiful transition from him to her.  They're both good people despite the world not treating them so kind.

IMG_0021

• Like 17