[Drama 2017] Because This Is My First Life 이번 생은 처음이라

Go Seung Ji

Mental illness is not a taboo subject or a disgraceful condition. I do not think my comment about the possibility that SH might be somewhat autistic was wrong or disrespectful. It was merely a query based upon observed behavior.  From  the website, The National Autism Association.Org : "Because autism is a spectrum disorder, it can range from very mild to very severe and occur in all ethnic, socioeconomic and age groups. Males are four times more likely to have autism than females."  The website makes clear that there is an extensive range of possible behaviors, not all of which need be exhibited. These are two of the possible behaviors described in that website that might apply to SH: A person with autism spectrum disorder might:  "(h)ave difficulty understanding, or showing understanding,  (of) other people’s feelings..." and,  might "have obsessive interests".

• Like 7

@camichi If my post seems insensitive and hurtful, I truly apologize as that was not my intention.  Thanks for posting and sharing your view on autism.

@kokodus @Lmangla lol.  Don't forget the cat, Kitty, Us needs to be fed.  Doesn't SeeHee know?  Happy wife happy life.  Ohhhhh he is in trouble :tongue::lol:  

@triplem at least each have her/his own bedroom, otherwise, that sofa doesn't look too comfortable. :)

• Like 6
  • LOL 3

5 hours ago, Carmarie said:
16 hours ago, lclarakl said:

I don’t think SeHee will be jealous, but with a logical person like him, Bok Nam will be considered as a threat to his 2 years plan of marriage.

Oh, I think he is jealous.  He might not recognize the feeling; however, he is jealous.  He is logical; however, he still wants his cake and eat it too, as the saying goes. He does not want to be burdened with a relationship; however, he wants the perks of a relationship i.e. breakfast in the morning.  I think SH will find out soon; that he has grown use to JH's presence and want her in his life; however, it will be harder now to make that transition since he has made an richard simmons of himself.  

@Carmarie, I'm not sure how you got @libra83, comment that I responded to in my post to appear as if it is mine.  Just for the record, I'm neck deep in my belief that SH is most definitely jealous.....:lol: and I can't wait to watch the episodes to prove it.

I can understand why some think he will not get jealous due to his personality. However, I see a man already tethering. He feels uncomfortable with her meeting his friends and naming his cat because it's causing him to have some type of emotions, I'm sure it's not a comfortable emotion for a man who doesn't really have any. Reminds me of the Taiwanese drama "They Kissed Again"--poor man didn't even realize that the anger and irritation he felt towards his wife was because he was jealous. He didn't even know how to recognize the emotion.

I think we may see something similar her.

• Like 9

wow finally i'm out from my cave.. just like some chingus here, this drama is beyond what i expected.. i thought at first this drama is just a so-so... but its really a gem!!!  rather than "I hate monday" to become "Please let it be Monday already". 

As the drama introduce the new guy, i love that how opposite Se Hee and Boknam in terms in physical looks its like which do you prefer of a guy looks... a CAT FACED guy look or a DOG FACED guy look? 

CAT FACED guy look -It is said that those who have cat-faces have sharp and edgy lines on their faces. Their eyes are narrow and slanted. They also have sharp noses. Due to their clean-cut features, they tend to have a strong, aura. Sometimes they are misunderstood that they are cold and lofty. which really suit for Se Hee's description.

DOG FACED guy look-

Two big features of the puppy-face are round big eyes and soft facial lines. Sometimes people with puppy-faces have drooping eyes, making them look cute and friendly. which really suit for Boknam description.

• Like 6
  • LOL 6

3 minutes ago, bedifferent said:

@camichi If my post seems insensitive and hurtful, I truly apologize as that was not my intention.  Thanks for posting and sharing your view on autism.

@kokodus @Lmangla lol.  Don't forget the cat, Kitty, Us needs to be fed.  Doesn't SeeHee know?  Happy wife happy life.  Ohhhhh he is in trouble :tongue::lol:  

@triplem at least each have her/his own bedroom, otherwise, that sofa doesn't look too comfortable. :)

I know there isn’t  bad intention in your comment . Don’t worry. 
I am not hurt but we never know who is reading ours posts and could be hurt by them. 

Thanks for your apology  :blush:

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, lclarakl said:

He feels uncomfortable with her meeting his friends and naming his cat because it's causing him to have some type of emotions, I'm sure it's not a comfortable emotion for a man who doesn't really have any. Reminds of the Taiwanese drama "They Kissed Again"--poor man didn't even realize that the anger and irritation he felt towards his wife was because he was jealous. He didn't even know how to recognize the emotion.

Bingo.  I agree. :)

When SeeHee said he is "uncomfortable", I think it is because the emotion is something new that he has not experienced before cooping up in his apartment.  He denied out loud to JiHo's question whether he dislikes the name she gave the cat.  Look at his facial and body expression, it's different than when he was annoyed with his father.  Also the next morning, he forgot about the incident at the table, sitting down acting like nothing significant happened.  It reminds me of times when my guy friends totally didn't get why I am mad at what they did.  

So yes, I agree that the feelings are unsettling for him.  Not that he doesn't like what she did.

• Like 12

2 hours ago, camichi said:

I have read here some of you talk about autistic people or autism when describing SH personality. I think we have to be careful when we make any reference abut people that have special mental condition because it could seem that we are talking about then in a wrong or disrespectful way. It could be seem like we are talking about autism in a frivolous way.

I have a niece that is autistic. Autistic people are full of emotions, they are sensitive and more and we have no idea what a difficult life they have to endure.  My intention is no give you and explanation or lessons about, but and I want ask to everybody not to use that definition easily.

I am sorry  but i have to say it. 

balloons smiley

glad you said that.. and SH shows no autism.. i hve a child at home with that condition.. and it is ludicruous to see people talking like experts here

• Like 5

I don't usually follow on going drama unless I am really attached to it. Why? "Because it costs energy and money." Like se hee said :lol:

Now every morning I open this forum to read comments. Then in monday evening I'll wait tvn upload their clips while waiting for some of you give translations. Reading your comments. Sleep. Wake up. Download the episodes with subs. Work.

Tuesday evening is the same with monday evening. Open this forum, waiting the clips, read the comments, sleep, wake up, download the eps, watch, work

Then I spend my wednesday and thursday by waiting for the recaps from dramabeans. Read the comments.

Friday until sunday, I don't know what to do  Lol. Sometimes I just search lee min ki previous projects :blush:

This drama does break my algorithm! :D

The last time I've been like this was  when Reply 1988 & tomorrow with you. I love this show sooo much..:heart:

Ps. I also love lee minki eyess!!

• Like 14
  • LOL 5

12 hours ago, kokodus said:

@Lmangla That would be sooo like married couples bickering... you know how when wives are upset they dont cook, clean and basically dont do anything. Thats exactly what is going to happen i guess.. And he might end up pulling his hair out on why she is being like this. But i think he is kinda perceptive, so he might catch up on her feelings sooner rather than later..

I like how unconventional the whole setup is but they end up doing the most conventional things anyway...hahahaha

Hahaha...spot on girl! Just ask my Husband. He has been the receiving end of my silent treatment. :ph34r: But after being married for a while , you will know better that it is best to try & talk things out , though not always easy . @Lmangla it’s true a man’s heart is through his stomach. I’m not a great cook or more like the kind of food I like is different fr what my hubs does, but I mAke sure I know where to buy it #improvise. :lol:

@bedifferent What I appreciate very much about this drama is that it highlights the issue of Unmatched Expectations. This  swoony moment brought about a change in expectations for our girl. Blame those damn pronouns - we, ours , us! 

pXbdeLh.jpg

Unmatched expectations is the number one reason why marriages breakdown. And expectations is not static - changing as a relationship progresses which is why a relationship ‘’contract’ has to be constantly renegotiated no matter how foolproof the contract was at the start. Even in the second couple, the girl’s idea of marriage/love  is not the same as the guy’s. That’s the fundamental problem. 

By the way, I love the 3rd couple - they will have the best relationship once they get together, they are more similar then they realise .

Holding hand scene, this is my scenario :

SH go to cafe where JH is working and then tell BN.. I will take my wife back home.. then he tell JH to go outside then grab her hand... :D 

I am sure SH say something surprising when we see mr.ma's expression. 

• Like 12

7 minutes ago, valentvcd said:

Holding hand scene, this is my scenario :

SH go to cafe where JH is working and then tell BN.. I will take my wife back home.. then he tell JH to go outside then grab her hand... :D 

I am sure SH say something surprising when we see mr.ma's expression. 

We have to wait 2 days to reach next Monday, I feel the time is so long for me to bear :bawling:

Holding hand scene will happen next week, right? If yes, I can stand the wait.

• Like 6

41 minutes ago, lilipedmarsh said:

I don't usually follow on going drama unless I am really attached to it. Why? "Because it costs energy and money." Like se hee said :lol:

Now every morning I open this forum to read comments. Then in monday evening I'll wait tvn upload their clips while waiting for some of you give translations. Reading your comments. Sleep. Wake up. Download the episodes with subs. Work.

Tuesday evening is the same with monday evening. Open this forum, waiting the clips, read the comments, sleep, wake up, download the eps, watch, work

Then I spend my wednesday and thursday by waiting for the recaps from dramabeans. Read the comments.

Friday until sunday, I don't know what to do  Lol. Sometimes I just search lee min ki previous projects :blush:

This drama does break my algorithm! :D

The last time I've been like this was  when Reply 1988 & tomorrow with you. I love this show sooo much..:heart:

Ps. I also love lee minki eyess!!

Me too!! My last obsession was Reply1988, I am super picky about shows and I pray this will last good til the end, cos I've lost count of the number of shows I've gotten excited about and lost interest halfway for the past 2 years. 

If this stays good all the way, it will definitely be my top 3 all time fav, next to R1988 and Misaeng. 

Oh, your new weekly algorithm sounds just like mine too haha! So obsessed I'm embarassed, so it feels so good to come to this forum and feel NORMAL! 

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

25 minutes ago, triplem said:

Unmatched expectations is the number one reason why marriages breakdown. And expectations is not static - changing as a relationship progresses which is why a relationship ‘’contract’ has to be constantly renegotiated no matter how foolproof the contract was at the start. Even in the second couple, the girl’s idea of marriage/love  is not the same as the guy’s. That’s the fundamental problem. 

By the way, I love the 3rd couple - they will have the best relationship once they get together, they are more similar then they realise .

Yes ma’am.  Remember the night before the wedding, SeeHee and JiHo sat down going over their wedding plans at the dining room table?  I thought it was the cutest thing.  They were level headed working together as a team agreeing over the details and budget.  Their expectations  of the wedding matched and guess what, no wedding drama and headaches on the big day. :)

The third couple Sang Gu and Soo Ji? Is there anything you like about their relationship?  

• Like 6

while waiting for a new episode, found this movie review of lee minki's movie with son ye-jin :)

Movie Review: The Spell That Made Us All Fall for Spellbound (2011)

spellbound-featured.jpg?w=678

Date: October 27, 2017 Author: unicaahjumma
spellbound-poster.jpg?w=550&h=781Spellbound a.k.a. Chilling Romance movie poster

Having the ability to see what normal people don’t like ghosts and other unworldly things, is it a curse or a gift? Well, it depends on how you look at it. If you’d consider this as something that could save lives or bring justice to restless souls, then it’s a gift. But if you’d see this as something that could ruin your peace and sanity, then it’s definitely a curse. For me, if this would lead me to my one true love (just like the heroine in this feature), then I would embrace this ability with arms wide open as if it’s a blessing from up above. ㅋㅋㅋ. So without much further ado, let me present to you K-Movie Corner‘s Halloween special, Spellbound!

This 2011 horror romcom movie centers on the love story of a street magician (Lee Min-ki) and a ghost-seeing girl (Son Ye-jin), which reminds me so much of the K-Dramas Master’s Sun (2013) and Oh My Ghostess (2015). They all delivered a perfect combination of almost all the feels—spooky, romantic, comedic, and dramatic, making them the top favorites in their genre. But I will be honest here, unlike the two K-Dramas that are filled with lots of twists, Spellbound has a very familiar, if not cliche, movie plot. You know, the guy meets the girl, gets close to her, then discovers her pitiful situation but falls in love with her anyway. Nonetheless, I find the movie very entertaining primarily because of its charming leads, who displayed a very strong chemistry on screen.

[SPOILER ALERT!]

Son Ye-jin is one of those actresses that I truly respect because her acting is always on point. I loved her so much in The Classic and Eraser in My Headwherein her dramatic scenes got me crying a river. Here, she proved her versatility by showcasing a lighter side of her acting prowess. In fact, she got a Best Actress nomination at the 48th Baeksang Arts Awards for her performance in this film. Aside from that, her non-aging visuals never fail to mesmerize me. There are flashback scenes in this movie wherein she’s shown as high school student and girl, she could really pass as one!

spellbound-lee-min-ki.jpg?w=1024&h=550Lee Min-ki in character as Ma Jo-goo in the movie Spellbound 

spellbound-lee-min-ki2.jpg?w=900&h=600

Look at that handsome face! 

Lee Min-ki, on the other hand, is a new discovery to me. It’s my first time seeing his acting, and it made me want to go on some serious binge-watching of all his past projects. His cute and funny portrayal in this movie totally won me over. Plus, he’s a master kisser! Omo. And though he’s not the type of oppa whose visuals are strikingly perfect, he will grow on you the more you look at him and will kill you with his oozing sex appeal. Makes me wonder what in the world am I doing all this time to discover him this late?

Read the full review here:

https://ahjummamshies.wordpress.com/2017/10/27/movie-review-the-spell-that-made-us-all-fall-for-spellbound-2011/

Edited by Chellsee
Only 3 images/gifs per post, please put the rest under spoiler tag. Thanks.
  • Like 8

7 minutes ago, bedifferent said:

The third couple Sang Gu and Soo Ji? Is there anything you like about their relationship?  

They see through each other immediately. She asked him not to pay for the drinks - why is he letting others take advantage of him. He asked her why she’s willing to take the trash talk just to be accepted like one of the boys  ( dang it is hard break the glass ceiling for us here in Asia when u are a woman) . They are refreshingly honest towards each other. I like it!! 

Any thoughts on the 2nd & 3rd Couple? 

@mxxella I rewatched this movie some days ago. I laughed so hard when lee min ki imagines he was being kissed by seon ye jin :lol: his character in that movie is so different with se hee. Now I wonder.. how lee min ki as se hee will kiss ji hoo :rolleyes::wub:

@rembrandtz_5e20 I hope so. I hope this show stay gold until the last episode :blush:

• Like 7