[Drama 2017] Untouchable 언터처블

larus

Watch: Jin Goo Doesn’t Hold Back To Create The Perfect Action Scenes For JTBC’s “Untouchable”

Untouchable.jpg

JTBC’s Friday-Saturday dram “Untouchable” has shared a new making video that shows just how hard Jin Goo works to make his action scenes shine.

The new video was shared by JTBC Drama’s YouTube channel on December 3 and shows Jin Goo and a supporting actor running through the streets in an action-packed chase. The actors don’t hold back as they complete all of their stunts by themselves. Jin Goo jumps over objects, get hit on the head with a glass bottle, and hangs from the side of the building while being supported by wires. He even jumps out of a building window at one point and falls into a pile of cardboard boxes below.

Despite the strenuous nature of the scenes, Jin Goo never loses his smile during breaks and gives his acting counterparts words of encouragement. The cast and crew can be seen working hard to create thrilling action scenes while staying safe at all times.

https://www.soompi.com/2017/12/03/watch-jin-goo-doesnt-hold-back-create-perfect-action-scenes-jtbcs-untouchable/

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

December 5, 2017

Go Joon-hee is more than her hair:

Through ‘Untouchable,’ the actor wants to prove that she is not only a trendsetter

Source: INSIDE Korea JoongAng Daily

04215855.jpg

[JOONGANG ILBO]

For many, actor Go Joon-hee is known just as well for being a fashionista as she is for her roles in front of the camera. While she is flattered to be known for her sense of style, Go wants her legacy to be as an accomplished actor, and hopes to be remembered for her acting career. In an interview with Ilgan Sports, an affiliate of the Korea JoongAng Daily, she reveals how she feels to be back on screen after a long hiatus. In her role on the JTBC drama “Untouchable,” she plays the daughter of a former president.

Q. You’ve returned to television with “Untouchable.” Is there any special reason why you chose this show?

A. One day, Cho Nam-gook, the director called me and asked, “Are you now a model?” I was sad to be asked such a question because although I haven’t done much in Korea lately, I have been quite active in China. He then sent me a script to read. It was really interesting that I had no reason to not do it. Also, knowing that Kim Sung-kyun was joining, I couldn’t hesitate because I have always wanted to work with him.

Why did you want to work with Kim?

I always wanted to work with him because I have hoped to work with a skilled actor, and to me that was Kim. 

What was it like meeting him? Did he know that you were a big fan of his?

No, he doesn’t know I like him very much. I didn’t tell him because he might be too confident if he knows that (laughs). Maybe he needs to maintain his balance and keep calm.

Are you satisfied with the show’s performance? The ratings have been higher than your previous dramas like “The Chaser” on SBS (2012) and MBC’s “She Was Pretty” (2015).

I think it has been good so far, but we will see, because only the first few episodes have aired. I think I have been lucky to be a part of such good shows.

This is your first time playing a married woman. Does this feel like a new direction in your career?

Yes, it is my first time playing a married woman and I think it is really unique because it is an opportunity to widen my spectrum of roles. I thought it was quite cool when Son Ye-jin played a married woman in her 20s. After this drama, I just hope that I won’t have caused any trouble [while shooting] for other, more senior actors.

Your short hair really suits you well.

Thank you, I was letting it to grow, but I cut it for my role.

Because of your short hair, you look very tough and masculine.

I have heard that often, but I don’t really want to change my image. I don’t think I need to, because there are many people who like my look. And to be honest, no one can guarantee that people will like me more if I were to switch to a more feminine look. Maybe I will grow out my hair when I get tired of the short hair, but not because I want to change my image.

You’re quite well-known for your style, such as your hair and your outfits. 

While I am working on something, my style is not my priority, but when I am taking a break, I’m more focused on my look. I used to think that it’s good to be known as a “fashionista,” but my thoughts have changed. I am an actor, so I want people to spend more time thinking, “What project is she working on next?”

Are you planning to be more active next year?

I want to work hard when projects are presented to me. This year I was busy in both China and Korea, actually. When I got a break from China, I came to Korea and shot several advertisements. So when I returned to China, the production staff I was working with there said, “Why do you look even more tired after coming from a break?”

BY KIM JIN-SEOK [hong.youkyoung@joongang.co.kr]

I am more and more convinced that GJK is somehow involved in YJH's death. By killing her, she could achieve three goals:

- she knew that JJS would try to discover the truth about his wife's death

- JJS would be willing to fight against his brother if necessary. She knows that only JJS can defeat his brother. She wants to free herself from GS and her father. This time, her frustation and misery were visible.  

- JJS would get so upset and feel betrayed that his wife had lied to him. She wanted to destroy his love for his wife.

GJK is in fact jealous. When she asked to meet Seo Ii Ra, she wanted to know her as she saw her as potential rival. JJS would never show any interest to any girl but with Seo Ii Ra, he made an exception. 

@UnniSarahThank for sub updates. I watched the raw already it's like I know what's happening but not what's going on .. because I didn't understand any of the dialogues.  Still waiting for full sub.  

Something to ponder. I realize  I think I've never seen any dramas of the four main leads so I'm not familiar with any of them. I guess the dramas they starred in wasn't to my liking?  @rubie- thanks for the article about Go Joon Hee. So she's more of model. She gives that elegant aura in the drama.

@bebebisous33 ya think GJK ordered  to kill the wife? Perhaps she wanted to scare, but things out out of control? She did that to the wife knowing JJS would be affected and that trust issues will happen. Wait, Does she have feelings for JJS?  She's miserable with GS.  It's like rebelling in bad, bad way.  Is she with GS for marriage of convenience?  Of course the father is powerful so..... 

If GS doesn't know anything about  the incident, then find out GJK involvement.  It's gonna be hell for all of them.  I wonder if he'll cover for her. Which will then have the conflict with GS. JJS willing to fight GS but to what extent?

I have a lot of question and what ifs. I think  better watch again. When  I watched ep 1 and 2 last week, there were scenes w/o a subs of the dialogues.  I'm going to watch 3 &4 afterwards.  I'm intrigued by GJK

@jongski GJK doesn't love her husband and that's quite certain. GJK acts like JJS's jealous girlfriend. Once she noticed that JJS was in contact with a woman, she wanted to meet her immediately.  The way she looked at SIR was really telling.

SIR found out that YJH, JJS's wife, had the phone number of GJK.

We saw that YJH wanted to leave her husband but she couldn't... so in my opinion, there could be another reason why GJK got rid of her. It could have been GJK's plan all along. She might have tricked her into thinking that if they work together, than she can uncover the truth about her father. From my point of view, GJK wanted YJH to hurt JJS by crushing his heart so that once it had happened, JJS might come home and turn to her.

@bebebisous33 So she used  the wife  YJH.  Tricked her as you said. What kind of help would she have given her uncovering the truth about the father. When I watched raw, the scene  when she wasn't happy about JJS. So will she put the blame on GS if JJS find out the truth.  I think she also she want to drive a wedge between the brothers.  I have episode 3 on the other tab. About to watch.

1 hour ago, jongski said:

@bebebisous33 So she used  the wife  YJH.  Tricked her as you said. What kind of help would she have given her uncovering the truth about the father. When I watched raw, the scene  when she wasn't happy about JJS. So will she put the blame on GS if JJS find out the truth.  I think she also she want to drive a wedge between the brothers.  I have episode 3 on the other tab. About to watch.

I saw the preview for the next episodes and it seems that GJK is trying to use the same trick on SIR. We see SIR getting a new car aso, in my opinion she wants to gain her trust and use SIR in her attempt to get rid of GS. Actually, SIR bothers me because she is too blind and too stupid to notice that the family Jang is rotten. She is not observant enough and has no idea what is going on. I wished, she was more down to earth. 

In Ep 3 there's a scene GS was reminiscing  to JJS  of their younger days,  older brother hiding behind younger brother,  using him as shield when GS got scolded by the father.. then JJS cutting him saying he has to work over time. That teeny weeny tinge of  disappointed look on GS face. I was like.. you could have stayed and listen, JJS.

GS  was amused by SIR she came with the bottle of wine w/c looked like an act of bribery - w/c could be that.  She  was reminded by GS that  as a prosecutor she should know that. Yay.

6 hours ago, jongski said:

In Ep 3 there's a scene GS was reminiscing  to JJS  of their younger days,  older brother hiding behind younger brother,  using him as shield when GS got scolded by the father.. then JJS cutting him saying he has to work over time. That teeny weeny tinge of  disappointed look on GS face. I was like.. you could have stayed and listen, JJS.

GS  was amused by SIR she came with the bottle of wine w/c looked like an act of bribery - w/c could be that.  She  was reminded by GS that  as a prosecutor she should know that. Yay.

@jongski   I loved that line of GS. I think SIR might hinder her mom's case because she seems to be so immature. I wonder what is the writer trying to show us viewers with this character. I was hoping what we have seen of her so far was a front but now I am quite disappointed. I wonder why she turned out like that, why does all she care about is success and not doing a good job.

17 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

@jongski   I loved that line of GS. I think SIR might hinder her mom's case because she seems to be so immature. I wonder what is the writer trying to show us viewers with this character. I was hoping what we have seen of her so far was a front but now I am quite disappointed. I wonder why she turned out like that, why does all she care about is success and not doing a good job.

I am also disappointed in SIR who seems to be so superficial. I had thought, the death of her friend would change her but she hasn't really. Where was she, when her friend lost her father? SIR had not kept in touch with her friend... She doesn't even suspect why JJS had cut ties with his family.

3 Reasons Why More People Are Tuning Into “Untouchable”

Jung-Eun-Ji-Jin-Goo-Kim-Sung-Kyoon-Go-Ju

TBC’s new drama “Untouchable” has shown a surprisingly high increase in viewership ratings in just four episodes. The record for the December 3 episode of the drama was 4.3 percent, meaning that almost twice as more people tuned in compared to its first episode which recorded 2.4 percent.

This soaring popularity of “Untouchable” is very similar to “Woman of Dignity,” which became the most-watched JTBC drama after its ratings sharply increased at a surprising rate. Because the new drama’s viewership rating is growing at a much faster rate than “Woman of Dignity,” attention has spiked on whether it will be able to set new records for JTBC.

These are the three reasons why more and more people are tuning into “Untouchable.”

read more https://www.soompi.com/2017/12/07/3-reasons-people-tuning-untouchable/

Gotcha! GJK!  I just finished episode 4. Oh boy that was good episode.  Theories abound  in my head.

SIR checking credit cards and phone call list  from the dead wife YJS/JMJ   and  checked each one of them and hit jackpot.  She dialed  a number on the list  whaddaya know GJK phone rang. So now we know,  the wife either receive the call or  she called GJK. But what for and why. That is the question.

In this episode, believe it or not, I felt sorry for  GS.

- I felt they were looking down on him.  Like he's an easy thing.  the ones from Gongnim Party.  The uncle, the assemblyman, the father in law. They actually don't like him. The father in law is up to something that is bad. He said,  to not worry, the assemblyman Kim used to work for him.  The scene when he smashed the face of assemblyman- that was predictable. I half knew he was gonna do something nasty.

-  He knows GJK did something ( I get that feeling). That he's trying to gauge her with maybe catch her off guard.  And base from their scenes, he knows  GJK  has feelings or likes JSS but she got stuck with him (because JJS left).  According to GS.  the two lived together during high school ( like a dorm or their house?) and so he asked her how's JJS back in high school. With slight amused expression.

- JJS continues to bait GS to the point where GS got mad and smashed the wine glass.  He admitted he wanted to kill YJS/JMJ but after seeing  JS from afar, smiling and comfortable with her, he left. 

So now my theories.

- from flashback scene, we saw tattoo on the wife's back, w/c also confirmed by  the truck driver ( the one he's running after)

- since GJK seem to know that GS likes to leave tattoo on women's back, she could have asked someone to do  that on her

- GJK  knows that YJS, and just like with SIR, she did something. Perhaos... she got...jealous?

- the spy is the police is KMS, and in the prosecutors office is the boss of  of SIR who dangled that offer big prosecutor dream  in Seoul  as ordered by GJK.

Right now it seems to be pointing at her as the suspects but I still also consider GS because, lets face that violent tendency of his.  I read this was preproduced ( is it?) so script won't and cannot be changed. I guess it's either or. GJK GS

I was slight confused by yong Ajusshi. The part where he was testing JJS. so  GS knew about the money?  After that scene, cut to  different one and back to yong ajusshi who was telling him what happened. Testing loyalty? JJS refused the money and the will of  the father to use it and be head. GS knows the father favor JJS.

What I like about this drama. It's good. The story, the actors, the acting, overall production.

As mentioned, I 'm not familiar with the actors but I like that they're not the typical glossed hallyu stars. They are what they look like.  and it's good to the eyes. Jin Goo as the lead,  is not the typical you would see in kdrama.  He doesn't have that I'm-so-good-looking face but he brings good action, good acting. Nothing over the top.  Female lead looks like the youngest of the actors ( excluding child actors in flashbacks).  I also like the actor playing GS.  And the Tunnel guy ( the other detective)

Good cinematography as well.  Of course the story setting is in a Maritime industry, there's the port. Drone camera panning  the Buckheon ( is that real or fictional)  city with the seas, and the bridge.  There's this scene  when JJS  alone and brood over the dead wife. It was like San Fran backdrop.  lovely shot I was looking screen cap of that, actually. 

The preview for  Ep 5. got me excited!  See if I can ls raw tomorrow/ or later which ever part of the globe you are.

Jin Goo Is In A Murderous Rage In New “Untouchable” Stills

Jin-Goo-1.jpg

On December 8, JTBC drama “Untouchable” released stills of Jin Goo furious and in handcuffs.

In the last few episodes, Jang Jun Seo (played by Jin Goo) began his investigation into his wife Yoon Jung Hye’s (played by Kyung Soo Jin) death. He found the driver Kang Moon Shik (played by Kim Ji Hoon), who hit Jung Hye’s car with his own, causing her death. Jun Seo eventually chased him down and questioned him. To provoke Jun Seo, Kang Moon Shik stated that he had been in a common-law marriage with Jung Hye, and Jun Seo began to beat him up in a furious fit of rage. The police arrived on the scene, and an ambulance rushed Kang Moon Shik to the hospital. However, he did not survive the ride, implicating Jun Seo as a murderer.

In the stills revealed, Jin Goo sits alone, handcuffed in an interrogation room. He is unable to repress his anger, his furious gaze bringing out a murderous aura. In another scene, Park Won Sang holds him back and attempts to calm him but even afterwards, Jin Goo can be seen in a white-hot rage.

https://www.soompi.com/2017/12/07/jin-goo-murderous-rage-new-untouchable-stills/

Episode started already. JJS handcuffed and in the interrogation room. he's having flashback and in doing so. banging his head on the desk he's enrage of course, remembering how his wife died and  why his wife died and the person suspected was freed due to lack of evidence so he did something that landed him in prison.

Sorry my attempt doing live stream raw is crappy so maybe Just going mention main scenes.

Edit to add:

SIR going to the house of the Jang meeting GKY.  Being miserable in loveless marriage? and having feelings  for JJS ( w/c GS actually knows,  that's how I see it) JGK is becoming more.. a villain. Well, classy one.  She wants SIR dispatched to Seoul.. but maybe more than being jealous or acting like one.. she's hiding something like involvement with the death if JJS wife?

GKY..  I dunno what's going on right now with their scenes but looks like she's manipulating SIR. Becoming friends you know like being phony. Grrr I'd like to wring SIR neck.  As as prosecutor, shouldn't she be more perceptive and gauge things and what's happening? Though I like how when she dialed the number on the phone call records of the dead wife, and GJK answered, she didn't  mentioned anything about  what she was doing. But really... why are there young prosecutors on kdrama. It's like shes straight out of college kinda prosecutor. 

I like  Shin Hye Sun prosecutor character in  Secret Forest. One that's smart and and forceful but sill with a lot to learn but not a pushover. 

However the prosecutor in this drama seems.. baby prosecutor.  I'm sorry I don't know what term to use.  I mean be more authoritative. I suppose because  one handles cases and legal matters .

@jongski About SIR, I agree with you. That's maybe my only complain about this drama. SIR is turned into a blind and stupid prosecutor. She saw that YJH's phone had JGK's phone number and she knows that YJH died in a car accident. Moreover, her father died under suspicious circumstances. Why is she not suspicious enough?

On 12/5/2017 at 7:07 AM, bebebisous33 said:

I am more and more convinced that GJK is somehow involved in YJH's death. By killing her, she could achieve three goals:

- she knew that JJS would try to discover the truth about his wife's death

- JJS would be willing to fight against his brother if necessary. She knows that only JJS can defeat his brother. She wants to free herself from GS and her father. This time, her frustation and misery were visible.  

- JJS would get so upset and feel betrayed that his wife had lied to him. She wanted to destroy his love for his wife.

GJK is in fact jealous. When she asked to meet Seo Ii Ra, she wanted to know her as she saw her as potential rival. JJS would never show any interest to any girl but with Seo Ii Ra, he made an exception. 

Hello Everyone, Glad I'm with good company with this drama.. @bebebisous33 @jongski @UnniSarah @larus And all others I failed to mentioned.. I'm suprised that theres hardly any activity in this thread but it's all good leave this drama for the more serious drama watchers who don't need actors from idol groups.. We really appreciate each actors role in the drama and how well they act in there character..

@bebebisous33  I agree with you I think she's involved in YJ death also..  I somehow believe she agreed to marrying into that family thinking she would be marrying to JJs her onesided crush.. After learning of his uninterest in her nor did he kick up any kind of fuss about her marrying his brother which he could have served as his brothers best man maybe would have walk her down the isle if need be send her into revenge mode against him.. Especially learning that he really loed someone else and showered that love with attention and affection she always craved for..

I feel with her it don't matter if he finds out she did it.. It's he way of getting back at him for rejecting her after all her advances towards him was all for naught.. She hates he still treats her with that nonchalant attitude.. One or Two words and off he goes.. She gave me chills sitting in his room watching him sleep..

Now Lil Miss Prosecutor has fallen into a trap with her ambition greed.. Is there no ends to success at any cost for her she dosen't have a clue nor is she trying to figure out why she keeps questioning her about JJs or why the all of a sudden attention..  I hope she's kick out of the prosecutors office.. She should no better then anyone that car will come at a heavy price to payback being the police chief daughter nothing comes easy it's going to come down to her career or moms and I bet she'll throw her mom under the bus in a heart beat thinking she's doing whats best for the both of them.. She'll look at it has her success is moms success and she can retire and take a back seat for her to succeed..   

On 12/5/2017 at 8:56 AM, jongski said:

Of course the father is powerful so..... 

@jongski  Yes her father is powerful but not as powerful as JJs father was.. JJs is the clean one out of all of them he set it up to maje it look like he murder someone only to try and control JJs and GS. While he takes a back seat to try to have it all.. Her dad is really trying to get the read on JJs to make him his puppet knowing that Gs would do anything for his brother he wants to JJs as GS weakness..  I think the ol man might get away wuth it for a short while until JJs flip the script on them all.. I think he's going to end up stepping in his fathers shoes but less dirty then them all.     

On 12/5/2017 at 9:17 AM, bebebisous33 said:

She might have tricked her into thinking that if they work together, than she can uncover the truth about her father. From my point of view, GJK wanted YJH to hurt JJS by crushing his heart so that once it had happened, JJS might come home and turn to her.

Well @bebebisous33 Well if she was wishing for him to turn to her that was very stupid of her..  After all he never ince paid any attention to her.. I think what will hip JJs to her is when she tries to hurt the prosecutor because the attention JJs shows to her..

On 12/6/2017 at 11:32 AM, bebebisous33 said:

I am also disappointed in SIR who seems to be so superficial. I had thought, the death of her friend would change her but she hasn't really. Where was she, when her friend lost her father? SIR had not kept in touch with her friend... She doesn't even suspect why JJS had cut ties with his family.

SIR is driven by power and greed she wants to play in the big league.. She wants to start at the top so she's going to fall and when she do it's going to be a hard fall for her one that she probably can't bounce back from.. 

@sava2sava Yes, this is a really small community here! But I guess, one explanation is that it takes a long time before getting the subtitled version. 

On the other hand, I hope, SIR wakes up before it is too late. JJS needs someone on his side. Her mother and her close colleague don't trust JJS entirely because her view about the Jang family is biased. SIR has been able to see JJS's genuine feelings that's why her belief that his family is good was reinforced. Nevertheless, JGK's move will have her eyes opened to the truth. 

Archived