[Drama 2017] Untouchable 언터처블

larus

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Apink’s Jung Eun Ji Explains Why She Chose “Untouchable” As First Drama In 2 Years

Apink-Jung-Eun-Ji-XPN.jpg

During a press conference held on November 21 for JTBC’s upcoming Friday-Saturday drama, “Untouchable,” Apink’s Jung Eun Ji shared her thoughts on her small screen comeback and her role.

“Untouchable” is about one man (Jin Goo) who will do anything to expose his family’s dark secrets after losing his wife, while his brother (Kim Sung Kyun) has an equally-as-strong conviction to protect those secrets. Jung Eun Ji will be playing the role of Seo Yi Ra, a rookie prosecutor who finds herself swept up in the Jang family affairs.

“I think I was very cautious since this would mark my [drama] comeback after two years. I wondered about how I would portray myself, and I was a little fearful about how I would be able to prepare for the role of a prosecutor,” the singer explained. “However, I came to the conclusion that I could showcase a new aspect of myself [so I chose this drama].”

Jung Eun Ji also talked about what it’s like filming with actors like Jin Goo and Kim Sung Kyun, saying, “I’m having a lot of fun just by watching my seniors act on set. I’m also excited to see how the drama will turn out.” She added, “Something to focus on is how [my character] chases after the truth. I hope that many people who also want to know the truth will watch [this drama].”

Producing director Jo Nam Gook commented, “I like [Jung Eun Ji] just the way she is. I believe her strength is how she doesn’t overly embellish things and expresses everything the way she wants to.”

https://www.soompi.com/2017/11/21/apinks-jung-eun-ji-explains-chose-untouchable-first-drama-2-years/

November 22, 2017

‘Untouchable’ cast, producer discuss wealth, power

Next up on cable channel JTBC is a bleak drama series that centers on three generations of a wealthy and powerful family.

“Untouchable,” set to begin airing Friday, stars Jin Goo as Jang Joon-seo, a police detective seeking revenge on his wife’s murderer.

After witnessing his father engaging in ruthless murder, Joon-seo comes to despise the immoral upper class and severs ties with his family. 

“He loses his wife and becomes lost in life. I’m working hard to express agony and conflict,” said Jin at a press conference for the show in Gangnam, Seoul, on Tuesday. “He has a complicated relationship with all the characters in this show, and I’ve been conversing a lot with our director to make him as interesting as possible.” 

(From left) Jin Goo, Jung Eun-ji, Go Joon-hee and Kim Sung-kyun pose for a photo at a press conference for upcoming JTBC drama “Untouchable” at the Imperial Palace Hotel in Seoul on Tuesday. (Herald Pop)

According to the show’s producer Jo Nam-guk, known for helming dark dramas such as “King of Ambition” (2013), “Untouchable” is about “the things that happen in our world which we cannot touch.”

“There are things that we dare not open, but this is a show that bravely tackles those subjects,” said Jo. 

Kim Sung-kyun is to play Jang Ki-seo, Joon-seo’s brother who at once fears his cruel father and increasingly becomes similar to him in order to survive. 

“I tried not only to portray a man who is evil, but to explain why he turned out this way,” Kim said.

Jin Goo stars in “Untouchable.” (JTBC)

Go Joon-hee plays Ki-seo’s ambitious wife Koo Ja-kyung, who feels trapped and underestimated because she is a woman. 

“I felt I needed to show more charisma than I possess,” Ko said. “I cut my hair shorter a few days before shooting began. I thought that would portray the character better.” 

K-pop singer and actress Jung Eun-ji plays Seo I-ra, a prosecutor who becomes entangled in the affairs of the Jang family and begins to doubt the nature of power. 

Jung Eun-ji stars in “Untouchable.” (JTBC)

Prior to the press event, a bomb threat was made to the Imperial Palace Hotel, the press conference venue, by an anonymous caller. Police suspect it is the same person who in the past had issued bomb threats against Jung’s K-pop group Apink. Police searched the hotel and did not discover any suspected explosives.

“I hope this criminal who continues to inflict harm will be caught soon and be met with forceful measures,” Jung wrote via social media after the event. 

By Rumy Doo (doo@heraldcorp.com

“Untouchable” Provides Further Insight Into Kim Sung Kyun And Go Jun Hee’s Characters With New Stills

Kim-Sung-Kyun-Go-Jun-Hee.jpg

Upcoming drama “Untouchable” has released stills of Kim Sung Kyun and Go Jun Hee, providing further insight into their characters.

JTBC’s new Friday-Saturday drama “Untouchable” released stills showing Kim Sung Kyun full of passionate affection. The images preview Kim Sung Kyun’s extreme acting transformation, raising expectations.

In the drama, Kim Sung Kyun plays the eldest son of the Jang family, Jang Ki Seo, who is tainted by his father’s darkness. Jang Ki Seo is afraid of his evil father (played by Park Geun Hyung), but ultimately becomes an evil power like his father in order to live. He is a dynamic character who struggles in particular with power and status with his younger brother Jang Joon Seo (played by Jin Goo). Kim Sung Kyun is expected to show his acting prowess through his portrayal of Jang Ki Seo.

Kim-Sung-Kyun1.jpg

In the released stills, Kim Sung Kyun is seen embracing a beautiful woman in a luxurious hotel. The woman in question is Jang Ki Seo’s secret mistress, Yoo Na Na (played by Ji Yoon Ha). Yoo Na Na knows Jang Ki Seo’s true evil nature, but is entangled in complex emotions and cannot bring herself to leave him.

Most notable are Kim Sung Kyun’s expressions. His gaze gleams with madness, and many are curious to see what type of character Kim Sung Kyun will show as Jang Ki Seo.

The stills were revealed to have been taken during filming at a hotel in Busan in mid-September. Kim Sung Kyun captivated the set with his acting. The drama’s staff members were impressed by Kim Sung Kyun’s ability to express strong and powerful emotions after showing such calm and delicate feelings.

The producers of “Untouchable” shared, “While he is originally softhearted, Kim Sung Kyun’s character Jang Ki Seo is a character who loses his self and turns evil due to the influence of his surroundings and his father. Kim Sung Kyun expressed the character Jang Ki Seo perfectly through his wide spectrum of acting. [Kim Sung Kyun] created his own version of Jang Ki Seo through his goosebump-inducing acting each filming, which you can look forward to.”

The drama also released stills of Go Jun Hee, who plays the ambitious Jang family’s daughter-in-law, Goo Ja Kyung. Goo Ja Kyung is a former president’s daughter and the wife of Jang Ki Seo. She is smart and powerful, but is not recognized due to the fact that she is a woman, and consequently harbors anger and resentment behind her fancy daily life. She marries Jang Ki Seo with the interest of his brother Jang Joon Seo’s power in mind.

Go-Jun-Hee2.jpg

In the revealed stills, Go Jun Hee shows off her sleek look and charisma in various locations and situations. She maintains a stylish hairstyle when outside, but shows a more formal hairstyle at home as the Jang family’s daughter-in-law. Go Jun Hee portrays both elegance and grace as Goo Ja Kyung, and many look forward to the various charms the actress will show in “Untouchable.”

The actress revealed at the drama’s press conference on November 21 that she cut her hair shorter for the role. She said, “I was originally growing out my hair, but I cut it short two days before starting [filming for] the drama. It was to show a more charismatic side of Goo Ja Kyung and suit the director’s wishes.”

more https://www.soompi.com/2017/11/22/untouchable-provides-insight-kim-sung-kyun-go-jun-hees-characters-new-stills/

Jin Goo Debates Pulling The Trigger In Dramatic “Untouchable” Stills

Jin-Goo51.jpg

JTBC’s “Untouchable” has released shocking stills of Jin Goo just a day before its premiere on November 24.

Jin Goo plays the role of Jang Jun Seo, the second son of the powerful Jang family. Jang Joon Seo is an investigator who decides to go against his family after realizing they were behind the death of his beloved wife.

In one released still, Jin Goo is looking at himself in the mirror, his determined face dripping wet with water.

Jin-Goo4.jpg

Another shows him pointing a gun at himself with hollow eyes. Jin Goo’s eyes are red as if to suggest that he has been crying.

In the final still, he is shutting his eyes closed, about to pull the trigger. These intense pictures raise the question of why Jin Goo has been driven to make such a drastic decision.

Jin-Goo52.jpg

The stills were filmed in mid-October and are from the scene where Jin Goo puts himself at gunpoint after facing a shocking truth. Even before the cameras began rolling, Jin Goo embodied the intense emotions and remained extremely focused. The production staff on site reportedly held their breaths as Jin Goo acted out the scene.

“Jin Goo’s ability to concentrate surpasses that of anybody’s,” the production staff shared, “Jin Goo has been surprising everyone with his renowned acting skills.” They added that “Untouchable” will feature dramatic events starting from the very first episode.

https://www.soompi.com/2017/11/23/jin-goo-debates-pulling-trigger-dramatic-untouchable-stills/

Daaamn I'm liking the drama! Watching the raw at the moment. Right off the bat JGS (KSK) played by  character is evil! First scene 30. mins ago.Young woman in the hotel room completely out of it. I'm not aure what happened. Wasn't able to start. Godfather.....esque in a way with all those men in suite having meeting, and scene right now  wedding event where an opera singer is doing his piece.. those old men  at the event. The powers that be! the man getting married kneeled down  probably as instructed.  begging to the the girl in the wheelchair. Not yet sure who? The girl in the hotel?

Scene at the moment. The oldies talking right now. The powerful  evil head of the family.

Really, this early. Truck of doom scene.  You know how it is. Oh oo... did the  father ordered it? Whilst that's going on,  powerful father and  JJS scene.  the latter getting a call about  the girlfriend? (I don't know) dead on the spot. JJS at the morgue not taking it well. 

First time watching Jin Goo in  a drama.  Already dramatic scenes from him.  scene few mins ago. Him with the gun pointing at his head.

Edit: Sorry, I don't understand the dialogues so not sure what's really happening. Thanks if you're in this thread  and checking out.

I remember, the old lady. I'm not sure if she's the mother (because didn't understand the dialogue) but the senior actress is the one who played, the mother of  evil character of UKJ in the drama Defendant.  I just remembered.  And now in this drama,  son is evil as well.

dramatic scene of Jin Goo playing the younger brother *JJS to Kim Sung Kyun sinister older bro character GS

1 hour ago, jongski said:

remember, the old lady. I'm not sure if she's the mother (because didn't understand the dialogue) but the senior actress is the one who played, the mother of  evil character of UKJ in the drama Defendant.  I just remembered.  And now in this drama,  son is evil as well.

Yes, she is their mother. We can see that from the character chart.

Okay, wasn't able to start this.  But here I am watching live raw right now.  Oh the father died. older brother JGS will be the head now.  Why am I liking  the evil one?! come on soompier friends lets watch this. Another drama I like.

Edit: After watching with sub, I take back what I said about the older brother GS, . I don't like the older bro but I liker the actor..scary piece of.... the character, that is.  hah.

@lovcom00

I saw one but not 100 % sub yet.  Not sure who's got the rights to sub this fans are probably the one doing the sub for now. I've learned to be patient. Some do it w/o getting paid just out love [for lead stars]

I watched Ep 2 earlier. Live stream raw.   Did not understand the dialogues. There were flashbacks. but I'll watch again and recap how I understood and what's going on.  Once we have the sub, we'll understand the rivalry? of the brothers? Wow, it's so like  the other drama I'm watching.

Kyung Soo Jin Shares Her Thoughts About Making Cameo On “Untouchable”

Kyung-Soo-Jin-11.jpg

Kyung Soo Jin talked about her experience of making a cameo on JTBC’s “Untouchable” as the mysterious wife of Jin Goo.

On the first episode of “Untouchable” that aired on November 24, Kyung Soo Jin played an important role of igniting the conflict between Jang Joon Seo (Jin Goo) and Jang Ki Seo (Kim Sung Kyun). She played the part of Yoon Jung Hye, a surgeon and the wife of Jin Goo who dies unexpectedly.

Kyung-Soo-Jin-3.jpg

“I’m very grateful for the production staff and the director who trusted me in giving me the important role that connects the entire story,” Kyung Soo Jin said. “They cared a lot for Yoon Jung Hye at the filming set as well.”

She continued to show her affection for the character. “I felt sorry for the burden of the secret Yoon Jung Hye holds, and the endless love Jang Joon Seo and Yoon Jung Hye have for each other was both very beautiful and heartbreaking,” she said. Kyung Soo Jin added, “It felt great to act alongside Jin Goo whom I wanted to work together with, and I wish I could meet him in another project if a good opportunity comes up.”

more https://www.soompi.com/2017/11/25/kyung-soo-jin-shares-thoughts-making-cameo-untouchable/

Archived