[Drama 2018] Mr. Sunshine, 미스터 션샤인 - Winner of Critics’ Choice Award for Drama category

Go Seung Ji

Saturday... MR.SUNSHINE Day! mrs.jpg

delivery.gif Our creative twitter artist @ppeanutbutt just received a big surprise and best news from the production of MR.SUNSHINE.  It truly made the #Sunshiners #WeAreFabulousFans so happy as well! :w00t:

DtSnuDPU4AAKcLr.jpg

DtSnuDBVYAAPXf4.jpg

@pearly0910 Can we move on from MR.SUNSHINE? Nah!! Probably never ever. th_no2.gif I've taken up some new Kdramas to watch but could not focus solely on watching, as the episodes were not as exciting nor detailed as MR.SUNSHINE. It is indeed one of a kind and will remain so. Let's hope we will see EuShin reunion in another project. If the assistant writer of MR.SUNSHINE notices the artwork, she/he would know how we felt all along.. about the drama, the ending, the acting. So, this is a very good sign. :)

Who knows LBH and KTR may reunite sometime in the future. The chances are higher because they're both movie actors. There can only be one Kdrama MR.SUNSHINE and there's always a limited boundary for television but the possibilities for movies are endless! yes.gif

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Thanks to Sunshiners (especially @rubie )for updates.  Korea Tourism Organization is organizing a "Sunshine & Love" talk concert on 15 December:

Hoping for a translation in English ... I don't know which cast members will be present but since KMJ is featured on the poster, she will most likely be there. Let's hope so!

Hwang Chi Yeul will sing his own OST for sure but I don't know if any other OST singers will be present.

Edit: Made a mistake in my signature, can someone please advise me how to edit it. Many thanks.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hi @cynkdf, good to see you back! Thanks so much for the great info.. a highly popular Kdrama would not be complete without a Concert after that. Although KMJ is already confirmed, hope there would be other cast who will appear.. even if just dropping by to say 'Hello.'

About the siggy edit, I think you're already able to get to account setting (click under your profile at the top right-hand corner of the page). Then, on the left side menu, click on edit signature. All you have to do is to highlight everything and delete all to start again. But if it's still a problem to do it, it's best to get a Admin/Mod to help you.

Photos: jungdain_1121

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Korean article HERE / Korean Broadcasting Critics Society

th_congrats.gif 

December 4, 2018

TVN’S HIT DRAMA ‘MR. SUNSHINE’ WINS THIS YEAR’S CRITICS’ CHOICE AWARD

Source: KPOPLOVE

The tvN’s drama “Mr. Sunshine” has won this year’s prestigious Critics’ Choice Award for broadcasting.

[ì¬ì§ tvN ì ê³µ]

On Tuesday, the Korea Broadcasting Critics’ Association announced this year’s winners for its Critics’ Choice Award in several different categories. The categories include drama, documentary, current events reporting, mobile content, and entertainment.

For the drama category, the Association selected this year’s hit drama “Mr. Sunshine” as the winner of the coveted award. According to the organization, the show has superior storytelling that the cast effectively told through images (cinematography and direction).

Original article

Translated by O.C

Hopefully the threadstarter @Go Seung Ji or any of the esteemed Kdrama section Moderators could highlight this recognition at the thread description as they see fit & worthy, just like other threads, too. Much appreciation & thank you!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Credit: ePhoenix.13 @BillyRocks_13

Actor Kim Nam Hee won '26th Korea Culture n Entertainment Grand prize' as a best supporting actor for his outstanding performance as Takashi Mori in Mr.Sunshine.

Clip: 날개 @AlatusDeus

Turn up the volume to hear the drama soundtrack being played throughout.. at Sunshine Studios filming set.

A view from Glory Hotel ~

Source: miss chattterbox @Izwyld (photo: Sadgasna)

#MrSunshine the most beautiful awesome independent girls in all of kdrama

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Go Seung Ji changed the title to [Drama 2018] Mr. Sunshine, 미스터 션샤인 - Winner of Critics’ Choice Award for Drama category

Source: MrSunshineBD

Pre-Order for Mr. Sunshine Premium version will be open from Nov. 20th 2 PM to Dec. 19th (Local Korean time GMT+9).
Don’t forget to apply $11 coupon, you can download coupon by clicking on red coupon button.
Please support and promote premium version of Mr. Sunshine Blu-ray.

http://m.cafe.daum.net/MrSunshineBD/kubv/10

DtuDUyFVsAAnDW2.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

From Mr.Sunshine BD team~~!!

To all Mr. Sunshine Fans,

We’re delighted to inform you about the Premium Version* of Blu-ray/DVD set for Mr. Sunshine.

Premium version of Blu-ray/DVD set will include,

12 disks of the original episodes in Blu-ray + 8 disks of extra clips (making, behind the scenes, deleted scenes (EuShin scene at ep 18 etc ), commentaries and interviews) in DVD = $283.30 (USD)

$11 coupon can be downloaded and used from the order form, using red button. That will make the final price to $272.30 + shipping fee.

This set will also have special gifts including

· 100 pages of not-yet released photo album

· 1 episode script

· limited edition serial number card

Extra clips will include commentaries/interviews from writer/director/casts.

You can order from Nov. 20th 2 PM (Local Korean Time, GMT+9) to Dec. 19th.

Premium version is limited to 500 sets, so please hurry before you miss this! Also, if the total number of orders doesn’t meet 500, production will be cancelled. Please support and promote Mr. Sunshine premium version!

Order Link: https://global.yes24.com/Goods/66986691

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

There will be Mr. Sunshine OST Orchestra Concert on Feb. 24th, 2019.(from stomp music blog https://blog.naver.com/stomp442/221415974299)

%EB%AF%B8%EC%8A%A4%ED%84%B0%EC%85%98%EC%

Concert will be held on Feb 24th, 5 PM, 2019 on Lotte Concert Hall in Korea. 

Ticket Sales will be open on Dec 12th (Wednesday), 2018, on Interpark. They're saying there will be music video.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

December 13, 2018

Koreans Vote For Best Drama Stars Of 2018 mrs.jpg

Source: Soompi by J. Lim

Koreans Vote For Best Drama Stars Of 2018

Lee Byung Hun has been voted the drama actor who shined the most in 2018!

Gallup Korea ran a poll from November 7 to 30, asking 1,700 people above the age of 13 from all over South Korea on who they believed was the best drama actor who shined in 2018. People who participated in the survey could state up to two actors they thought were most deserving of the title.

Lee Byung Hun received the most votes of 12.9 percent for his role in tvN’s “Mr. Sunshine.” His decision to appear in the drama was met with high expectations as it was his first drama in nine years since KBS’s “IRIS.” He was praised for his portrayal of Eugene Choi in the drama.

In second place was Lee Byung Hun’s “Mr. Sunshine” co-star Kim Tae Ri, who received 9 percent of the votes. Despite it being her first drama, she impressed with her performance as Go Ae Shin.

In third and fifth place were “Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food” co-stars Jung Hae In and Son Ye Jin respectively. Jung Hae In also appeared in the popular drama “Prison Playbook” and has been making his mark as an actor. Son Ye Jin has been focusing more on her film career in recent years, but she knocked it out of the park with “Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food,” her first drama in five years since KBS’s “Shark.”

Fourth place went to Park Bo Gum, who ranked high in the survey despite “Encounter,” his only drama of 2018, premiering in late November. Though most of his work has been outside of dramas for the past two years, this is the second consecutive year he has ranked in fourth place.

Others who made the top 10 were Jang Mi Hee from “Black Knight” and “Marry Me Now,” Seo Hyun Jin from “Beauty Inside,” Choi Soo Jong from “My Only One,” Yoo Dong Geun from “Marry Me Now,” and Gong Yoo, who’s latest work in dramas was 2017’s “Goblin.”

Source (1)

1. Lee Byung Hun (12.9%)
2. KimTae Ri (9.0%)

3. Jung Hae In (8.7%)
4. Park Bo Gum (6.1%)
5. Son Ye Jin (5.3%)
6. Jang Mi Hee (5.0%)
7. Seo Hyun Jin (4.5%)
8. Choi Soo Jong (4.3%)
9. Yoo Dong Geun (3.9%)
10. Gong Yoo (3.7%)

Credit: MrSunshine @teameushin

Credit: Chungmuro Crumb

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Thanks @rubie, great to see BH and KTR in the first and 2nd spot in Gallup polls for the best drama actor/actress list for 2018. Considering BH in the 3rd spot in the movie actor/actress list for 2018 too.. this year has been another busy and fruitful year for him and KTR!

It's almost at the end of Mr. Sunshine Blu-ray premium version pre-order (Dec 19th Korean time). If we miss this chance, I doubt we'll see another try and all the clips, deleted scenes and makings will be gone forever. I have read the book - the one that was written based on KES's original script, and there are scenes that are different from details and gone from the script. One of the difference is that... in the scene in episode 22, where Aeshin visited room 304 to ask him to bring her to US(only to Japan), Aeshin maintained red-eyed stoic front in drama, but in the book, she dropped a tear...  I know there's a reason director decided to keep the current version of stoic Aeshin, but I want to see more emotional scene. 

Reading the book, I missed a lot of details drama brought and written script doesn't have all the beauty of the what director and casts showed us. But it helped me remembering scenes in the drama when I read the book. How they showed us the character 100%, no 200%. It's really wonderful experience in itself.

So.. all in all, please think of ordering Mr Sunshine blu-ray! :D 

https://global.yes24.com/Goods/66986691 (for English Order Page)

https://cn.yes24.com/Goods/66986691 (for Chinese Order Page)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

At the end of year, newspapers are writing articles about summarizing this year. Another such article from Donga newspaper. They gathered survey results from PDs, Writers, production people and critics, total 24 people. (They has names listed at the end of the article too).

http://news.donga.com/list/3/all/20181214/93284568/1

93284557.1.jpg

tvN 'Mr. Sunshine' topped the drama of the year, writer of the year, actor/actress of the year. And they said this drama was the key for Netflix to get bigger in Korean market.

93284563.1.jpg

This is the poll result. For the best drama of the year, it's

Mr Sunshine - 16 votes

My Ajjussi - 11 votes

Something in the rain - 7 votes

Prison Playbook - 5 votes

For the best drama writer of the year, 

Kim Eunsook - 18 votes

Park Haeyoung - 6 votes

Noh Heekyung - 5 votes

So Hyunkyung - 4 votes

For the best PD of the year

Kim Wonsuk (My Ajjussi) - 10 votes

Lee Eungbok(Mr. Sunshine) - 9 votes

Ahn Pansuk - 5 votes

Shin Wonho - 4 votes

For the best actor of the year

Lee ByungHun - 15 votes

Park Suhjoon - 5 votes

Jung Haein - 4 votes

Jo Seungwoo - 3 votes

For the best actress of the year

Kim Taeri - 10 votes

Han Jimin - 8 votes

Sohn Yejin - 7 votes

Kim Namjoo - 6 votes

For the best new talent in drama

Do Kyungsoo - 9 votes

Kim Taeri - 6 votes

IU - 5 votes

Jang Keeyoung - 4 votes

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Thanks so much @mistymorning for the drama updates, it's always a pleasure reading your thought of highlighted articles. Really hope more MR.SUNSHINE fans will order the premium blu-ray as keepsakes. It's a bit of an uphill task but we'll never stop trying, no matter what while there is time & effort.

And the Donga newspaper survey, that is great news to share! The end of the year is filled with various surveys and polls, not to mention the awards show almost every week! But what distinguishes one survey (or poll  or award show) to the next one is how it's conducted and who participated in it. So, the Donga survey, despite the small number of juries, it comprises of the people who knew what it's all about, and to select those most deserving. Well done MR.SUNSHINE. All those long hours patience of working in biting coldness and extreme heat, endless effort and tireless hard work -- it is all very much appreciated! ' 

Credit: ePhoenix.13 @BillyRocks_13

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 12/11/2018 at 8:09 AM, mistymorning said:

There will be Mr. Sunshine OST Orchestra Concert on Feb. 24th, 2019.(from stomp music blog https://blog.naver.com/stomp442/221415974299)

Concert will be held on Feb 24th, 5 PM, 2019 on Lotte Concert Hall in Korea. 

Ticket Sales will be open on Dec 12th (Wednesday), 2018, on Interpark. They're saying there will be music video.

Thanks for this info - so no OSTs will be sung? Luckily I read your post otherwise I will be wondering if OST singers will appear at this concert as well  as the orchestra :)

The talk concert will be held tomorrow, I haven't seen any details about what  cast members besides Kim Min Jung will appear. HCY will sing at least three songs.

If I may take the liberty of posting this reaction video to "How Can I Forget You" - the reactor is so cute, she says she may watch "Mr Sunshine" partly as a result of HCY's performance of the OST :)

From around 07:15 onwards

Spoiler

• Like 4

Thanks @cynkdf for the Talk Concert update and for always keeping us in the loop. Hope we'll have lots of nice pics and videos from the event tomorrow. Maybe, some cool surprises too! ^_^

That's great sharing, having more fans watching the drama is a wonderful news no matter how or what that got them interested. Various people certainly have interesting catalyst that made them wanted to watch a drama/movie and it's usually the soundtrack or music clips. Good things will always lead to more awesome stuff. :)

Btw, here's the official(?) IG for SUNSHINE Studio.. lots of great photos of the familiar & most memorable drama sets. Plus the highlights of tourists visiting the now famous travel destination in Korea.

https://www.instagram.com/sunshinestudio_kr/

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Naver N Store(selling VODs) summarized the best viewed contents of year 2018(between Jan 1st to Nov 30th). And without a doubt, no question about it... Mr. Sunshine is the #1 Drama of the 2018 (among completed series drama).

https://nstore.naver.com/annualReport2018.nhn?store=broadcasting

viewimage.php?no=24b0d769e1d32ca73cee87f

If you check out the link, completed drama best 10 for 2018 for N store is, 

1. Mr. Sunshine

2. What's wrong with secretary Kim

3. Something in the rain 

4. Beauty Inside

5. My Ajjussi

6. My ID is gangnam beauty

7. Return

8. Live

9. Prison playbook

10. Familiar Wife

This ties nicely with the article from SMR, that #1 clicked online clip is Mr Sunshine. :D

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

December 15, 2018

Lee Byung Hun Thanks “Mr. Sunshine” Co-Star Byun Yo Han For Supporting New Film With Coffee Truck

Source: Soompi by S. Park

The “Mr. Sunshine” bromance continues! cuppa.gif

On December 14, Lee Byung Hun shared photos of a coffee truck sent to him by “Mr. Sunshine” co-star Byun Yo Han. The thoughtful gift was sent to the set of Lee Byung Hun’s latest film “Managers of Namsan” (literal title).

He wrote, “Custom figure mania Byun Yo Han. Are you finally buying coffee?”

On the coffee truck, the banners read, “Good luck ‘Managers of Namsan’!!! From Byun Yo Han.” The banners also have photos of figurines that resemble Lee Byung Hun.

The two actors previously appeared on tvN’s “Mr. Sunshine” together where they appeared as the characters Eugene Choi and Kim Hee Sung.

Source (1)

th_t723mn.gif

Source: olivia.hwa

Pencil sketch by Aummueang Jaikham

• Like 3

16 hours ago, rubie said:

Thanks @cynkdf for the Talk Concert update and for always keeping us in the loop. Hope we'll have lots of nice pics and videos from the event tomorrow. Maybe, some cool surprises too! ^_^

@rubie you are welcome, I am always happy to share about HCY :)  Hopefully fans will be allowed to record what happens during the talk concert. Meanwhile here are pics of fans starting out on the Sunshine Location Tour - thanks to chiyeul_up_family_fancafe for the pics.  All aboard the Sunshine Train! 

• Like 3