[Drama 2018] Mr. Sunshine, 미스터 션샤인 - Winner of Critics’ Choice Award for Drama category

Go Seung Ji

3 hours ago, bedifferent said:

@rubie did I read it right? All episodes are available on first day of release?  I know this applies to UK Netflix, guess will find out come July 7th.

I think it's becoming quite a confusion reading all the articles coming out these days. :sweatingbullets: If not mistaken, the drama is still filming.. at least for the final few episodes.

So far, our solution is to see what happens tonight when and after episode 1 has been aired in Korea. The only way to confirm about the global 7/7 airing.

One thing for sure, getting to feel anxious to find out the first reaction and feedback for MR.SUNSHINE. 

From days.. now counting the hours..

• Like 1

'DOTS' writer Kim Eun Sook's new project 'Mister Sunshine' drops still cuts of cameos Jin Goo & Kim Ji Won for its premiere

Hours ahead of the premiere of tvN's new Saturday-Sunday series 'Mister Sunshine', the staff have dropped some still cuts of a pair of very special cameos - Jin Goo and Kim Ji Won!

'Mister Sunshine' is the newest drama production by script writer Kim Eun Sook and production director Lee Eung Bong, who previously worked together on 'Descendants of the Sun'. The two special cameo actors Jin Goo and Kim Ji Won have been cast as two characters who will play an important role in starting off the drama's high tension. 

'Mister Sunshine' takes place in late 1800s Joseon, where a Korean man who grew up as an American soldier returns to his homeland and faces the troubles caused by Japanese occupation. Composed of a main cast of Lee Byung Hun, Kim Tae Ri, Yoo Yun Suk, Kim Min Jung, Byun Yo Han, and more, it premieres this July 7 at 9 PM KST!

Jin Goo     Kim Ji Won

Dhe23OwU8AEd7Oi.jpg

• Like 3

Kim-Ji-Won-Jin-Goo.jpg

“Mr. Sunshine” Shares Sneak Peek Of Cameos By “Descendants Of The Sun” Co-Stars Kim Ji Won And Jin Goo

tvN’s new weekend drama “Mr. Sunshine” has shared a sneak peek at the special cameo appearances by Kim Ji Won and Jin Goo, who are reuniting on screen again after appearing in “Descendants of the Sun” together!

“Mr. Sunshine” tells the story of a boy who leaves for the U.S. in 1871 on a military ship and returns to his homeland as a soldier. The drama is highly anticipated as it will bring together screenwriter Kim Eun Sook and producing director (PD) Lee Eung Bok, as well as top stars like Lee Byung Hun, Kim Tae Ri, Yoo Yeon Seok, Kim Min Jung, and Byun Yo Han.

It was previously revealed that Jin Goo and Kim Ji Won would be making special appearances in the first episode to bring more tension to the drama. Though their scenes will be short, they will leave a lasting impact as their characters will play an important role in how the story unfolds throughout the series.

Jin-Goo-Kim-Ji-Won.jpg

The two had worked together on “Descendants of the Sun” and received a lot of love from viewers for their chemistry. They both happily agreed to appear in the drama to show their support for Kim Eun Sook and Lee Eung Bok. The production staff stated, “Jin Goo and Kim Ji Won will appear in the first episode and their scenes will leave a lasting impact. We hope that their cameo will help viewers fall deeper into the drama and what it has to offer in the future.”

“Mr. Sunshine” will premiere on July 7 at 9 p.m. KST.

Source (1)https://www.soompi.com/2018/07/07/mr-sunshine-shares-sneak-peek-cameos-descendants-sun-co-stars-kim-ji-won-jin-goo/

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, charray said:

Did you subscribe to Netflix? :)

No, not yet. I want to see how things go this weekend for the first 2 episodes. Hopefully it won't be too complicated from the sound of it all. :lol: Free trial Netflix is still one of the options.

• LOL 1

Unfortunately I'm not fond of Netflix subbing and airing and Korean dramas. I wanted Viki or DF to sub this. But anyway, watching tvN now for this drama for child actress Heo Jung Eun and Yoo Yoon Seok. They're the only ones I'm familiar

Started already. Sorry I'm watching raw so no recap. I can't understand Korean..unless Eng sub. Music box playing

Edit to add: Oh well.. they're speaking in English.beginning scene for few minutes. Oh lovely cinematography. Finally saw the appearance of brilliant child actress and my fav HJE.

• Like 2

US Netflix releases the episode about 1 hour after it finished airing in SK, Eng Subbed.  Think they did the same for Secret Forest and Man x Man.  I can transcribe some scenes once I have watched it.

BTW, it follows tvN schedule.  Shows 10 episodes on queue with release dates same as airing dates so it is not completely ready.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

so what's the verdict?

did the opening scene mesmerize exactly same as Goblin and DOTS.. this director does movie shots really well

and does KES succeed in giving the powerpact episode 1 ( lol..she usually maintains pace till ep 10 .. and then it starts faltering)

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

so what's the verdict?

did the opening scene mesmerize exactly same as Goblin and DOTS.. this director does movie shots really well

and does KES succeed in giving the powerpact episode 1 ( lol..she usually maintains pace till ep 10 .. and then it starts faltering)

Still watching.  Drama is visually beautiful, high quality production.  The landscapes and scenes where the boy ran through days and nights are exquisite.  The dialogues though are sparse and pretty simple.

I’m sorry to ask since I just jumped in.  Do we have a character chart?

Are we in year 1910?  That makes LBH character 48 years old.  He was 9 in 1871.

• Like 1