Quantcast
Go Seung Ji

[Drama 2018] Mr. Sunshine, 미스터 션샤인 - Winner of Critics’ Choice Award for Drama category

8 hours ago, scarletlover1 said:

Does anyone have any info talking about Ae Shin's romances/relationship descriptions with her suitors?

I believe there are detailed info based on character(s) already posted at the actor(s) threads/sites. However, this relationship chart may simply summarize it better.

Thanks to YeoNiverse ~ Yoo Yeon Seok IFC

Clip: @AlatusDeus

• Like 4

Source: tvN @tvndrama.official

Anticipated scene stealers!

July 2, 2018

MR.SUNSHINE's Impressive Line-up of Supporting Stars

Source: SBS

• Like 5

For the first time ever, I will be able to watch a Kdrama on US Netflix in real time.  It said premieres July 7th.

Is it usually released live as it is airing in KST or delayed by a few hrs if it is pre produced like this drama?

7 hours ago, bedifferent said:

For the first time ever, I will be able to watch a Kdrama on US Netflix in real time.  It said premieres July 7th.

Is it usually released live as it is airing in KST or delayed by a few hrs if it is pre produced like this drama?

Is there a way you can check the online schedule guide that stated on what time it'll be aired on Netflix? Then we can see if it matches the tvN airing time in Korea on July 7.

It may be a (bit) delayed airing on the 7th. The Netflix poster didn't say simultaneous airing, just that it'll be on the 7th. However, I might be wrong as I'm not a Netflix user.. who is unsure where to watch the drama. :unsure:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, rubie said:

Is there a way you can check the online schedule guide that stated on what time it'll be aired on Netflix? Then we can see if it matches the tvN airing time in Korea on July 7.

It may be a (bit) delayed airing on the 7th. The Netflix poster didn't say simultaneous airing, just that it'll be on the 7th. However, I might be wrong as I'm not a Netflix user.. who is unsure where to watch the drama. :unsure:

The previous kdrama ‘Man to Man’ that was streamed on Netflix was broadcasted the same time that it was airing in Korea. This should be the same therefore it should be aired on Netflix at 9pm Sat and Sun Korea time. After it was first aired, the episode will be available for rewatching or download.

You can try Netflix free for 1 month as they have this trial first month no need to pay subscription and you can terminate after the free first month so at least you get to watch  the first 8 episodes on Netflix .:D After that you can decide to keep your subscription or not. My experience watching ‘Man to Man’ on Netflix was good although I did not continue after the first month as I had lost interest and dropped that drama subsequently.

And this time I have signed up for Netflix again, all for the sake of watching this drama. :w00t:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@rubie @charray thanks! just realized that we are in a different time zone, 12 hours later, so I won't be able to watch eng sub anyway when tvN airs it live.  Still, great to have eng sub available.

Good luck to the drama.  Beautiful production in the trailer.

• Like 2

@charray What a relief reading the Netflix info. All is not lost, phew! ^_^ Thank you for the good tip, the free trial sure sounds tempting. Plus knowing that the drama will be available for re-watching etc, sounds even better. Definitely feels a lot better anticipating the drama this Saturday. As long as everyone get to watch the episodes, as well.th_celebrate008.gif

@bedifferent True indeed, a readily-available English subs would be great.. a 12-hr time difference will pass quickly. At least it's not a week later, like for some of tvN's variety shows when it airs on tvN Asia, for instance.

Best of luck to MR.SUNSHINE and good luck to all of us, too. :lol:

Premiere Watch: Your House Helper, Mr. Sunshine

http://www.dramabeans.com/2018/07/premiere-watch-your-house-helper-mr-sunshine/

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, rubie said:

@charray What a relief reading the Netflix info. All is not lost, phew! ^_^ Thank you for the good tip, the free trial sure sounds tempting. Plus knowing that the drama will be available for re-watching etc, sounds even better. Definitely feels a lot better anticipating the drama this Saturday. As long as everyone get to watch the episodes, as well.th_celebrate008.gif

@bedifferent True indeed, a readily-available English subs would be great.. a 12-hr time difference will pass quickly. At least it's not a week later, like for some of tvN's variety shows when it airs on tvN Asia, for instance.

Best of luck to MR.SUNSHINE and good luck to all of us, too. :lol:

Premiere Watch: Your House Helper, Mr. Sunshine

http://www.dramabeans.com/2018/07/premiere-watch-your-house-helper-mr-sunshine/

I think it also depends on the country. For US and Asia except Korea and Japan, the drama will be aired on Netflix at the same time as airing by TVN Korea. So great news for Netflix users in Asia and US. 

For Japan, it will be aired on 8 Jul which is 1 day later. Understand for Europe and all other countries, it will be on 19 Jul. 

In SG, we also have a choice of English subs or Chinese subs for  ‘Man to Man’. I think it will also be the same case for Mr Sunshine.....and that is another plus point too.

• Like 2

July 3, 2018

Lee Byung Hun posted the following photos at his Weibo account today with the following message:  "At the production press conference"

20180703_weibo5.jpg

20180703_weibo1.jpg

Source:  LeeByungHun0712@Weibo

• Like 4

@rubie Thank you but I've already seen that. I meant a more detailed version that talks about what her relationships are like with them. Like if she cares for any of them, like any of them, does she hate anyone, etc.

• Like 1

I really was quite hyped for this but this male lead looks to old for me to get behind this "couple" does anyone else feel like this. If they got a younger male or even a younger looking male i would probs be at least more open. 

These two look alot better, i normally watch all TVN drama's but this might be a skip for me i cant get behind this couple.

Also how is he getting paid this much

July 3, 2018

tvN Responds To Report That Lee Byung Hun Is Being Paid 150 Million Won Per Episode Of “Mr. Sunshine”

Source: Soompi by S. Park

Lee-Byung-Hun.jpg
tvN has commented on the reports of Lee Byung Hun’s salary for “Mr. Sunshine.”

In response to a report that Lee Byung Hun is being paid 150 million won (approximately $134,700) per episode, tvN told the Seoul Economic Daily Star, “The payment of the actors is something that we can’t check.”

According to the report, Lee Byung Hun will be receiving a total of 3.6 billion won (approximately $3.2 million) for the 24 episodes of “Mr. Sunshine.”

Even before its premiere, “Mr. Sunshine” has continued to gain a lot of attention for its large-scale production and cast. It was revealed that 40 billion won (approximately $35.9 million) was invested into the project’s production cost.

In addition, the drama is written by Kim Eun Sook with a cast that includes Kim Tae Ri, Yoo Yeon Seok, Kim Min Jung, and Byun Yo Han. After the high production cost of the drama was revealed, many naturally begin to wonder about the payment of the actors.

“Mr. Sunshine” is a historical drama about a Korean man who returns to his homeland as an American soldier after leaving for the United States on a warship in 1871.

The drama will premiere on July 7 at 9 p.m. KST as the follow-up to “Lawless Lawyer.” In the meantime, check out the latest teaser here!

Source (1)

• Like 2