[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Heavy Sweetness Ash-like Frost 香蜜沉沉烬如霜

sugarplum892

yesterday's episode makes me cry in the bucket of tears... today morning .. i have a swollen eyes.. can i blame both Xu Feng and Jin Mi for making my eyes swollen???

it is too hurt to watch it ... but i never regret crying b'cos it is too touching... hope today's episode won't makes me cry again.. i don't want to swollen my eyes even  more....

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

In case anyone is curious this is the short dialogue b/w Fox immortal and XF before the wedding.

(I saw a comment asking for dialogue b/w XF and Fox but don't see it anymore hahaha)  

MoonGod: XF
XF: Uncle
MoonGod: XF. Right now, I’ve thought it through. Even if it SH, I will accept it. As long as you’re happy, then it’s alright. 
XF: Thank you Uncle
MoonGod: *laughs and hug XF* Rotten boy (Not exactly that trans hahaha), full of feather, you even hide it from Uncle. 
XF: It was sudden, Uncle forgive me. 
MoonGod: It’s alright, be at ease and get married. *laughs* 

:joy: Sly fox 

• Like 2
  • LOL 7

After yesterdays epic battle I thought I'd post something funny to cheer you guys up. They are making fun of Deng Lun saying after what happened last night........ saying that he lost everything including his single eyelids (his single eyelids turned into double eyelids in that pix haha). On weibo he became #1 trending on search and Yang Zi made #3.

Yang Zi made #3

Spoiler

Because of Jin Mi's death.

C8vBVER.jpg

I also found a really beautiful pix of Xu Feng reaching for Jim MI in the river of forgetfulness.

Cries :tears:

YZVi7u1.jpg

Credit: Weibo

• Like 8
  • LOL 1

jdnle :

ep 5 when jm dress in girl, jm said she dress in girl to make him happy. XF overjoy when think JM like him. 

Ep 6 when JM feed him ling zi with her mouth to his mouth.. 

Finally ep 7, when XF hurt by qiong qi and before pass out he remember his conversation with his uncle that he already fall in love with JM and will do anything even sacrifice his life for her. 

Phada : she did mention about that pill. I forgot which ep cos still raw. Later will rewatch again..

• Like 4

She told him about it when she meet him in the garden of the Underworld after he proposed to Su Hui. He said he has never heard of it and didn’t believe her.

Later on he puts things together and realizes the agony she has gone through isn’t any less than his.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, baiqian said:

The battle was EPIC! It was everything I could have hoped for! Even better than the big battle at the beginning of "Ten Miles of Peach Blossoms". 

I second this! Phoenix's entrance was also epic! Loved every bit of the battle! It's one of those scenes that could have been done wrong. Gosh was everyone thrilled when he pissed Night off so badly? It was also hilarious!

Spoiler

JM's death wasn't too impactful, but I'm glad it's moving the plot forward. I also find the scene where XF almost immediately forgiving JM to be too fast. I saw the preview and there was no mention about how he tried to hurt JM by calling SH's name. However, in the episode where XF confronts SH--JM stated that what he said was for SH to hear so she can use the liu li jing huo. So I guess that's supposed to "explain it", but wished they kept that confession like the novel.

Can't wait for the final two episodes tomorrow! T_T OHMO!

Even when watching on YT, here are some comments that caught my eye. Translations in red.

qpearl889912 hours ago

鳳凰死了一次,錦覓死了一次,我看完這集也死了一次

XF died once, JM died once, I finished watching this episode and died once

Lily Huang12 hours ago

给月下仙人和彦佑颁一个奥斯卡最佳神助攻奖

An oscar award should be awarded to Moon God and Puchi Jun for the best gods for assisting/attacking (note: reference to the wedding scene).

I'm so glad Moon God, Puchi and other supporting can add some comedy in cases of angst. I feel like viewers need it to prepare. Did you all see the part when Carrot God called the Peony God her full name? XD Reminds me of the scene when Moon god played a prank on him and tied the strings for the two.

• Like 10

19 hours ago, jehnnny99 said:

She really has grown a lot from the initial episodes...

It was also highlighted when Puchi Jun confessed his initial duplicity to Jin Mi. I think this scene was used to point out that Jin Mi has learnt her lesson. Jin Mi chooses to forgive, because after all she has been through, she recognises life is not black and white. The fact that she gains this insight now of all times juxtaposes beautifully with her seeing the world in black and white. I like to think Jin Mi knows to appreciate the nuances in life, even after losing it in the most tangible way.

Hehe...I also think Puchi Jun felt more than a bit guilty in advance, considering he kidnaps Jin Mi right after this scene. Being kidnapped to take part in a bride switch, to marry the love of your life who rejects you. Yep, I understand why the Snake and Moon duo needed to kidnap her. 

The scene where she drops the flower that will cure XF and is about to walk away after asking 'can we go back to the way we were before?' is the peak of her growth, I think.

I thought that entire scene was an example of Jin Mi's new found maturity. She was perceptive enough to realise that the wedding was a performance to force Sui He to reveal herself. And she is respecting Xu Feng's apparent rejection. (Run Yu could learn a few lessons from this). 

Seeing as we are talking about the 'Back Hug' scene, I thought it delicious irony that Jin Mi took the events on face value as a farce, while Xu Feng is grumpy that Jin Mi didn't treat it as the real deal. During the wedding, Xu Feng's interaction with Jin Mi was as fake as the wedding itself. I didn't actually catch on to it until I was translating the scene. Xu Feng's poetic promise comes across staged, but what actually makes it moving is Jin Mi's response. Jin Mi is helplessly moved by the hope that these words are true, despite the awareness this is fake. That's the way I interpret their reactions in this scene anyhow.

I also think Xu Feng was in a bit of a disconnect with Jin Mi in this scene. On one hand, he is resentful that Jin Mi can't wait to drop the bride role, accusing her of not being able to stand the idea of being his wife. On the other hand, he seems to forget the last time they met, he rejected her and threatened death if she ever confessed her feelings to him again. The boy needs to learn sending mixed messages ain't going to give good results. However, Xu Feng might actually be exploring new territory with Jin Mi in terms of their relationship. Bar their traumatic history, this is the first time Xu Feng is interacting with Jin Mi when he is aware that she is aware about the love between them. Xu Feng knows Jin Mi is not clueless in love anymore, and I think this may make him nervous. He has never really wooed her when she has been this aware. I think this is why he is still caught up in his Othello complex - he can't bear the idea that a Jin Mi who understands love now, may not return that precious feeling to him. A silly bird indeed.

I actually thought the saddest thing in this scene was when Xu Feng repeats the poetic promise in his head.

From this day onwards,
I will be as one with you as husband and wife.
Even if time descends into chaos,
Great waves overwhelm the skies,
I will keep on holding your hands tightly.
Never separating, never forsaking
Together, even in death. 

In this moment, it would've helped if he said these words out loud. To let Jin Mi know he means them now without the farce of the wedding. Instead, he continues to maintain a front and distance with Jin Mi, effectively missing a chance to truly mend their relationship. While he does 'keep' her with him, the silly bird really does leave it unto death. 

• Like 11

That battle scene in my opinion was the highlight of the show. It gave us everything and more.

Phoenix became like the real God of War... so arrogant and mighty, yet he's still gentle and soft when he gazed at Jinmi... like a lover.

Run Yu was cold and domineering... but turned lonely and pityful like his past self when Jinmi died.

It was really great. I squealed and cried and then cried all the way to the end.

1 hour ago, dashmount20 said:

Currently i am watching Because of You by deng lun. Not bad his acting so funny..  

jdnle : yea.. XF said he never heard abt that pil. He thought that JM just make excuse. He din believe JM explaination. 

Haha did you get to see all his funky suits yet?! :D

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Nudafu said:

I actually thought the saddest thing in this scene was when Xu Feng repeats the poetic promise in his head.

From this day onwards,
I will be as one with you as husband and wife.
Even if time descends into chaos,
Great waves overwhelm the skies,
I will keep on holding your hands tightly.
Never separating, never forsaking
Together, even in death. 

In this moment, it would've helped if he said these words out loud. To let Jin Mi know he means them now without the farce of the wedding. Instead, he continues to maintain a front and distance with Jin Mi, effectively missing a chance to truly mend their relationship. While he does 'keep' her with him, the silly bird really does leave it unto death. 

@Nudafu

Actually in ep 60 @ 30:59 he does say those words out loud and not in his head. :)

• Like 5

I really loved the war scene, it was so nicely done. And seriously, I can't get over how HANDSOME Xu Feng is as the Demon Lord!!! 

Jin Mi's death was really sad. Like she said, this was a problem between the three of them yet it caused this war. Because the war is over her, she knows only she can end it thus she sacrifices herself. My poor little grape~ 

It was a lovely journey everyone, I loved every part of it, I'll rewatch it all when all the subs are out.  

• Like 7