[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Heavy Sweetness Ash-like Frost 香蜜沉沉烬如霜

sugarplum892

@NudafuHow poetically romantic. Romeo and Juliet have nothin' on what JM and XF sacrificed for each other, they even have the audacity to say 'screw Fate, I'm gonna be with who I love and you can't stop me!'. 

Absolutely loved JM's redemption arc. She was always shown as a loyal friend ( i.e. RouRou ) but now she has upgraded to being a loyal lover as well, without losing that first part about her ( i.e. when she saves PuChi ). She really has grown a lot from the initial episodes and the dedication shown on her journey to save XF just with the knowledge that she loves him ( even still believing him to be her father's killer ) speaks volumes of her love. How many people are still going to be willing to save their 'ex-lover' after knowing they played a part in killing your family? The fact that she hurt herself physically AND emotionally just to revive XF, knowing he will detest her, emphasises her guilt. No wonder she basically had an out-burst after finding out she was used as RY's chess piece and SH's scapegoat - why did her family have to die for her to kill the innocent man she loved? Why did she have to suffer all this pain of killing XF alone? 

She was manipulated and deceived which led her to kill XF, but ultimately it was her choice to do that which only intensifies the guilt, which explains why she was so desperate to save XF. The scene where she drops the flower that will cure XF and is about to walk away after asking 'can we go back to the way we were before?' is the peak of her growth, I think. From the beginning, she did things for her own gain and what she thought would help her increase her lingli so she can break free from Flower Realm imprisonment and save her friend RouRou. In that scene, even after everything has come to light, after everything she has sacrificed to revive XF, but she still decides she's going to save him one more time and walk away after hearing him say 'we can never go back'. Truly my noble little grape!

Keep hydrated guys, we'll be losing a lot of water in today and tomorrow's episodes! :bawling:

• Like 6
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 2

And someone asking about the age... 

I think ep 44 when moon god birth day, kuang lu father sing a song about the 2 sons of heaven. One is 9 year (maybe 9000 years)  and the younger one is 5 year (maybe 5000 years)  then JM is 4 year (=4000 yrs) 

Hahahaha

bluerosear : he know. JM confess that because of the pill,  she doesnt understand what is love..  But XF dun believe. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nudafu said:

Hide contents

Jin Mi doesn't become his tears. A fragment of her shattered soul becomes attached to his tears. She literally gets a bird's eye view from Xu Feng. It's rather funny from Jin Mi's point of view. When Xu Feng later erupts in some serious crying, her soul fragment gets washed away by the tears. Good thing, because she needs to get on with being reincarnated so she can meet Xu Feng again.

Yay, scenes from Xu Feng's redemption. 

Reveal hidden contents

Thank you for the clarification @Nudafu! ^^

• Like 1

Gosh I feel so spoiled seeing these gifs and spoilers haha! Someone commented earlier how it's both the death of XF and JM for them to realize how much they are in love with each other. Instead of thinking who suffered more---in terms of loving someone you don't count who suffered more because you're willing to suffer on their behalf. And hats off to the person who commented that it was the viewers that suffered more haha! Clever!

We only see the back of Night who looks disheveled. I wonder if they'll end up cutting his redemption since we have so little episodes left. And yeah drama Night has gotten more evil that novel night and I think it's kudos to the backstory we got in those fillers which I actually did not mind watching. 

I love this thread. Everyone's posts make my day! Can't wait for the finale. I need all 4 episodes now. And give us all those deleted scenes.

When I read the translation of the novel, I think the translator herself mentioned how things happen in the novel because of the choices and actions the characters choose to do. Here in the drama we see that in form of debt/repayment and revenge. Filial revenge is especially more important because you would put family first before yourself. Trauma is also passed on collectively and not individually. What happened in the previous generation is passed onto our current generation of XF, Night and JM. T_T Which is why they had to deal with all of this. 

For SH, I still believe she has a sliver of good in her. I was watching the interview and the actress who played her said her most memorable scene was when she killed her human father. Even the director mentioned the actress who played SH had a complete opposite personality so it was interesting to see the actress tackle SH. Remember who everyone rooted for her when she protected phoenix and tried to revive him. XD Now everyone is back to hating on her. I seriously think all the villains in this story had redemptive qualities (Emperor/Empress) which the drama fleshed out much better than the novel. I also wish we could get more than SH being imprisoned because I seriously wished all these villains happiness aka get the ending they deserve with some redemption.

• Like 7

SPOILER https://m.weibo.cn/status/4280286784726323 

You know, when I was watching the war scene, all I could think was how could they hear each other talking at a normal tone from that distance? Because they are Gods? Must be nice having super HD hearing.... 

Last two episodes tomorrow, I'm a bit emotional :tears: It was nice going on this wonderful heart-wrenching journey with you guys.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2
  • LOL 3