[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Heavy Sweetness Ash-like Frost 香蜜沉沉烬如霜

sugarplum892

37 minutes ago, BaiZiHua said:

I can't remember him doing that in the novel. And ughh I hated that part where he gave half of his life force too ....... like why did they have to add him into Jim Mi's redemption arc. I was super mad that the writers added him in that segment.

They should had left the entire redemption story to only Jim Mi. I am so annoyed at the writers for adding in a bunch of Cr@p into this drama (it could have been perfect if they didn't stray so much from the novel). I understand the need for filler but at least don't use it in crucial points of the story.

29 minutes ago, paperwishes said:

They changed this part from the book. In the book, JM used half of her Ling li to change for the pill.

In the drama version, they have JM sacrificing her ability to see color + RY sacrificing half of his life span to save JM.

This is the first time since i watch the Drama i wanted to flip tables and feel like screaming out loud - what kind of ... is that... I loved how she did not hesitate for a second and gave up so much for Phönix - not asking for anything she can have anymore - just wishing to give it all to rescue him She would - as I see it even gave up her immortality on that point or 99 % of her power. I hated Night for using such a trap - and still manipulating the pill for the worst case to come. But I started to love JM again for doing anything for her love.

I just read a fiery discussion on the side I watched the Episodes - it was all about how unfair JM is against Night who gave up so much for her and all that an I needed to behave. That is exaclty what must happen with a major change like that.

Making Night the tragic hero now --- he is - in the start - but he oversteped a limit long ago... so what the hell... Oh its been a while since i got so angry becaue of a drama. First time i feel like they ruined a very importend part. I was a bit unhappy before for not giving me a strong War God of Heaven. But i was fine getting the even stronger god of Hell later - but damn...

Yes i know Night loves JM - or maybe have an obsession about her... But what have they done... the biggest difference between Night and Phönix was that Night used each and everybody even the people he said he loves - and calculated everything. He go for his aim - the throne and wanted to have it all - so JM inclusive. Kinda enwinded in his wrong believe that she will love him back and stay on his side how she should do.

Phönix only wanted to be together with her - he would have give up on everything - was not interested in political power - he only selfless and honestly loved JM.

And now they let Night act selfless... thats so stupid... Sorry I will stop here.. so sorry - please bare with me.. I got a bit overboard...

• Like 10

@Mau_Cherry

I completely agree with you on everything you said. I haven't really said that much about Night as I know he has lot of fans and I don't want ppl to attack me. But since you said something about him I want to share how I feel about him too. First of all let me say that I really loved his character at the beginning when he was a sweet untainted person. I had a three way ship going on for a while in the beginning of this drama.

But things really changed for me when he started being manipulative. The point of no return for me was when he repaired the unfeeling pill. By doing that he, just like her mother he has denied her the ability to be in love with whom she chooses. A rational person wouldn't be like....... hmmmm I see that someone has cursed Jin Mi. And now it seems as if the curse is fading/cracking and she's falling in love with someone else. So since she doesn't love me let me repair the pill to continue the curse. So she can't ever love anyone at all.

What kind of loving sane person would do this??!!!?? Basically it's a if I can't have her no one can. How cruel is that ..........so it's okay for him to love her and be obsessed with her. But it's not okay for her to have feelings of love and happiness for herself. How would he feel if someone took away his ability to love Jin Mi?

I know that because his character started out as such a sweet, handsome and kind person and ppl gravitated to him. And ppl started to sympathize with him as I did as well. But there has to be a time where what is wrong is wrong. No matter how sad your arc was it's not okay to imprison others and manipulate them. But it boggles my mind that ppl don't find it strange that he like literally traps/locks her up inside the heavenly realm/palace. No amount of handsome, gentleness & sob story can make me accept this. Also, it was gross when he kissed her without her knowledge. Eww I would be devastated if someone I didn't like took advantage of me while I was asleep.

I think those screenwriters really screwed up when they tried to make his character into a antagonist/tragic hero .That and the draggy demon princess love story is the only thing I really dislike about this drama. If they didn't add the cr@p I think this could have been a classic cdrama. One that ppl would go back and watch it time and time again. Oh well it is what it is I will still stay for the OTP and side character that I feel in love with. Plus the drama isn't that bad only the middle to last part of the drama is draggy because of the fillers. Really sorry for my long rant.

• Like 10

1 hour ago, dramacraze9006 said:

Thank you!

Been going crazy with impatience. Dare we hope they MC before the war...just sayin, they owe us a second one.

Now, I can at least start the work week with some sanity.

My memory of August 2018 will be this drama, HSALF (not sure yet if that is a good or bad thing).

This question has been abused so many times but will this drama end on Monday or Tuesday?

Also, who do you guys think suffered more in this relationship? Jin Mi or Xu Feng?

Will be interested to hear your thoughts and why.

Personally, I used to think they suffered equally. Now, not so sure...

• Like 4

@Mau_Cherry @BaiZiHua I just want to add in my two-cents -- interpretation of each character is different for everyone. Everyone watching the drama will not have the same feelings towards each character; whereas one person may empathise and understand why RY is doing the things he is doing, another will never be able to understand no matter what. I believe that is the beauty of dramas/movies/books - it's the same source but everyone will have different feelings and interpretations for the actions of a character depending on your own experiences and personality. 

Personally, I really do empathise with RY. He's had to grow up watching his younger brother be the favourite all his life. His 'family' ( i.e. the empress ) kills his real mother, his father does nothing, and his younger brother wants to take the only thing given to him ( the marriage contract with JM ). His love for JM then turns obsessive and possessive, because JM is his 'power' and revenge against the family that did him wrong. His actions are cruel and underhanded, but so were the actions done to him. Essentially, it's just payback for what he suffered through, albeit to the wrong person - but even the empress made RY and JM suffer for what their mothers did. This kind of hate is so deep, you've basically got to be Buddha to overcome it. Similar to how people are still mad at certain races/ethnicities for what the past generation did, no? ( ex. White people enslaving Africans ) 

Not saying RY's still not wrong and evil, I'm just saying I can empathise with why he turned out the way he did :phew:

• Like 7

56 minutes ago, dramacraze9006 said:

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy: M. POPULAR !

I was dying when the Demon princess showed up after Sui He crying appearance. Pheonix is just so popular ! It was like a comedy scene (except for the music and when JM's face was revealed).

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Kimchi Sweet Potato said:

Thank you!

Been going crazy with impatience.

Now, I can at least start the work week with some sanity.

My memory of August 2018 will be this drama, HSALF (not sure yet if that is a good or bad thing).

This question has been abused so many times but will this drama end on Monday or Tuesday?

Also, who do you guys think suffered more in this relationship? Jin Mi or Xu Feng?

Will be interested to hear your thoughts and why.

Personally, I used to think they suffered equally.

Tuesday.

This is one of the most 'fair' drama I've seen. Like what people are saying on weibo...

JM admirer drove XF's mom dead. XF admirer kill JM's dad.

Both parents are all dead.
She crushed her Chun hua qiu shi. He burned his Huan di feng ling.
He died because of her and she'll die because of him (and RY).
She revived him and He'll revive her next. :ph34r::ph34r:

Edit: But I feel that the reason why they're able to get back together and forgo all the bygones in the end is because they experienced death.

Like Bai zi hua in Journey of a flower. It's only after Qiangu's death that he realized that all he wanted was her and nothing else mattered. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, paperwishes said:

Tuesday.

This is one of the most 'fair' drama I've seen. Like what people are saying on weibo...

JM admirer drove XF's mom dead. XF admirer kill JM's dad.

Both parents are all dead.
She crushed her Chun hua qiu shi. He burned his Huan di feng ling.
He died because of her and she'll die because of him (and RY).
She revived him and He'll revive her next. :ph34r::ph34r:

Edit: But I feel that the reason why they're able to get back together and forgo all the bygones in the end is because they experienced death.

Like Bai zi hua in Journey of a flower. It's only after Qiangu's death that he realized that all he wanted was her and nothing else mattered. 

Eloquently said. Love it!

I would have to agree. In the drama, it appears she sacrifices herself for both of them.

• Like 2

@BaiZiHua 

@jehnnny99

First of all - don´t get me wrong.. I have a soft spot and sympathy for Night too. I really feel sorry for him. But even if you like someone - you should not oversee his wrongdoings. I see clearly where he came from - how he never really loved or was teached to love and care. I know that he only could find a way to survive becomming smart and calculate his steps. I know all that. I know that he was lonely all his life - and to be honest - it would haven been a piece of cake for a writer to change the loveline from Phönix to Night .

But - Night reached a crucical limit when he restore the pill... and for me - there was a deeper meaning behind. He already planned it all - and he could not use JM to kill Phönix when she open her heart to him. Maybe he believed she would not be hurt too much too - because she could not feel any love. It was okay for him that she can´t love him too because he already understood that her feelings for him and for his brother where different. But he was okay with what he got - she was kind to her and friendly. That is kinda sad... but its still cruel.

For me - i nearly like all side charas - the Demon Princess and Mu Ci too - so that is not my biggest problem. And I could handle the changes before... but this time it is really crucical for the story and the characters.

If someone writes stories - i was told - they should call themself a writer - so even i never published anything - I am a Writer - and i would freak out when a character in such a crucial point would have been changed. and for me it was not needed - they already showed us his tragic past. And i agree - how can it be okay to imprision the person he loves. And he did more.

1 hour ago, Kimchi Sweet Potato said:

Personally, I used to think they suffered equally. Now, not so sure...

If she had to gave up his power i would like it more - on that point it is still Phönix for me - because even she could not controlled it he must felt so wronged by her getting back and forth - but the worst was she killed him - so in the moment she dies for him - for me it will be equal... but it would have been fine withme if she risked her life and he knew it... but she could be rescued. In the end it is him again who has to wait 5000 years for her to come back to him. sob

But okay - they have the eternity together later... Í am happy again.

I don´t need the suffering to be equal - what i see is that there deep and honest love is equal. Even when he tried to hate her - even when he was afraid to trust her again...

even when she was sealed with a magic spell - he managed to damage it - and later broke it

- she still fall for him

- he still for for her.

Thats the kind of equal I need and love so much.

• Like 11

@Mau_Cherry

Actually I liked Demon Princess and Mu Ci characters too. I felt they could have told the story effectively with fewer eps and used the rest of the time to give to the leads. I didn't like how it seems to me almost 50-60% of a bunch of eps was about their story and like 10-15 mins of the ep went to the main leads. I feel so sad for Xu Feng /Jin Mi's character I felt they didn't give them the enough screen time to tell their story. They didn't really get into how he dealt with his scheming mom & dad's death & how he feels about his brother hating him so much. How he feels about losing his identity (his brother erasing him from heavenly realm).They only show how he wants to get back at Jin Mi etc etc.

They had those eps of how Night was dealing with his moms death. And they eps where Night reminisces about his and Xu Feng's memories when they grew up together. I'm sad they can't do the same for the Xu Feng. I don't understand why they wont let the main lead also be able share his struggles and his feelings. They only want to show us how he has his love/hate thing going on with Jin Mi. I mean does he have any feeling for his own battles/struggles in life aside from Jin Mi. We will never know because the writers didn't care to develop his character. I really love the OTP and felt they got robbed of screen time that could have been used to further develop their characters.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Personally, i would said phoenix suffer more than JM.

1. He fall in love first with JM. That time JM dunno what is love.

2. He will do anything to make her safe. He even follow her to mortal world in order to protect her from his mother order to kill JM.

3. XF need to wait 5000 years before JM revive. The longing for love,  desperation of love,waiting for love to come back need to wait for 5000 years. The seperation feeling.. Gosh.... I cant imagine.. Its like torturing... 

Personally, I used to think they suffered equally. Now, not so sure..

• Like 9

Rough Translations of the wedding scene. Sorry some stuff I just really can't think of the words to translate to english hahahaha ^^ Sorry for mistakes! 

Love this scene :wub:

*the bride and groom bow to each other* 

Moon: The ceremony is done!

Guy: Wait. The underworld tradition, when getting married, must do a testing.

Moon: How does the test work?

Guy: Just need the groom and bride to both give a drop of blood to drip down to the stone (whatever you call this stone?) If the two people really love each other, the stone will change color. **While he’s saying this they do just that and the stone change to red**

Moon: Look, did you see. This is definitely a pair made in heaven. 

Guy: It seems like the groom and bride really love each other, meant to be with each other(?) (means something like that)

*Flashback*

XF: We’re lucky that it’s night time. If she didn’t switch (the stone). Tomorrow it will be revealed

Demon Princess: How would you know that we wouldn’t pass the stone test huh? *She said it with a reassuring voice, as in she has a way*

*Back to present*

Guy: Congratulations you two!

SH: This is fake. (Somebody name), this is fake. That testing stone is also fake. 

Moon: Wait a sec, you came here to make a mess

Guy: SH princess, you can’t just say something random (Like don’t say something to cause a problem, without fact)

SH: XF, there’s somebody who wants to ruin our wedding. (? don’t really understand this bit basically trying to reason with XF that someone is behind this and it’s fake)

Demon Princess: How can this be fake?

*XF shock to see Demon princess (believed she was the bride)*

XF: Who is she?

Moon: You haven’t done__?___ how could you remove the veil. (? = when the groom goes into the bride room after the ceremony) 

Demon Princess: This testing stone is actually real. There’s is no doubt that it’s real. 

SH: XF, XF you…

Demon Princess: The testing stone has clearly showed your true heart. Don’t lie to yourself anymore.

*XF removes the veil, and sees JM*

JM: Don’t use puppetry to control me anymore!

SH: How could it be you?

Person: Isn’t this the water god? Why is she here to become the great one bride?

Moon: She is really your savior. (Afterward, basically said that SH is a liar)

SH: You’re lying. XF, please believe me. I did so much, there’s no way you didn’t know that right XF?

Moon: __?____. In order to save you, gave up the colors in her eyes to (the guy with the light, forgot name). From now on she can’t differentiate colors. She the daughter of the late Flower goddess!

SH: XF, don’t believe him. XF, the words they say are lies. Don’t you remember how I treated you from the beginning.

XF: I’m sorry. I misunderstood you. **grabs her hand** If you wish, from now on we will be husband and wife. Even when times change, I will always grab your hand, and never leave you. —?—

*JM hugs XF, SH uses that fire spell, but XF counterattack it*

XF: (Name of spell), it really was you.

SH: Seems like you were suspicious of me from early on. 

JM: SH, things have came to this, you still won’t admit that you’re the murderer that killed my dad and aunt?

SH: So what if it’s true? The things I’ve done, isn’t it for you (XF)?

JM: You’re the person who killed my dad and aunt. You harmed XF. Injured snake god. ? Today, (i think she say she must punish for all SH wrong doing)

SH: What’s so great about you? The person who stab XF, wasn’t that you?

JM: Isn’t that you?!? —?—Don’t think of escaping this punishment.

**JM and SH starts attacking each other** 

-ENDS-

XF you can't lie to yourself now, you love JM and JM loves you!!! The stone said so :wub::wub:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 9

@BaiZiHua Agree - they messed up a few parts but i still love it so much. Extremly the time in human world and now... after he came back.

16 minutes ago, dramacraze9006 said:

XF you can't lie to yourself now, you love JM and JM loves you!!! The stone said so :wub::wub:

Thank you so very much thanks-raccoon-emoticon.gif?1302774079

So the Demon Princess was part of it too - love that.

Funny - that Stone part - the Demon World ask for love. If the heaven would do that history would have been different.

• Like 7
  • LOL 1

@dramacraze9006 Thank you so much for translation, i was so eager to know what they were saying. OMG, I am so excited, waiting for next episodes is a torture and for eng sub is more...

Spoiler

I am wondering what do members here think about what XF said to JM when he told her he misunderstood her... did he told her all this to push SH to use the fire spell or he sincerly told JM all this? 

I didn't understand why JM sacrified herself in the battle was it to stop war or to save XF as he was injured byNight? Did Night gives half of his life to save her soul ? 

In the Novel she said something about the pill? Didn't understand also this part? Anyone can clarify to me about that please, thanks. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Mau_Cherry said:

Phönix only wanted to be together with her - he would have give up on everything - was not interested in political power - he only selfless and honestly loved JM.

And now they let Night act selfless... thats so stupid... Sorry I will stop here.. so sorry - please bare with me.. I got a bit overboard...

To be fair though, Run Yu only started to want political power in order to protect himself and the ones he loved. He tried flying under the radar for millenia and his dearest wish was to be able to marry Jin Mi and live in peace.

But the Empress (and the Emperor with all his scheming) did not allow it. She was constantly after him and definitely crossed the line when she chose to harm Jin Mi and killed his mother. It was kill or be killed and Run Yu chose to fight back. The way he did it is questionable but it sure was effective.

Xu Feng on the other end had no one persecuting him since childhood. He was the golden child of heaven, praised by all. He had the same aspiration as run Yu, which was to marry Jin Mi and leave in peace. 

After the wedding, Xu Feng chose to walk the same path as Run Yu when he realized he needed power to protect himself and get his revenge.

• Like 4