[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Heavy Sweetness Ash-like Frost 香蜜沉沉烬如霜

sugarplum892

2 hours ago, jehnnny99 said:

Hey guys! apparently, YZ and DL might be a couple in another drama! I really could not get the name of the drama even when I google searched the translated title ( I'm guessing it's based on a book? ) 

I found the video on my suggested and was curious as the picture looked very edited, so wondered what the video was about lol. I used the auto-translate button and even though it's horribly translated, I got the gist of it. If it is true that theyre going to become the lead couple for another drama, I'm excited!:lol: Hopefully we'll get to see their usual sweet and teasing chemistry but with less heartbreak and tears ahahah

Yes, update me too, if they will have a new drama, I don't understand Chinese, any help is good!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, vintage_chutzpah said:

Just finished the wedding scene and it is intense! I love it.

I'm sticking to it and finishing it till the end despite all the misgivings.

Not sure if it gets better after the wedding episode.

It will get better...the OTP are the only thing keeping me on board and the HEA spoilers.  Yeah not going to lie,  I have FF all filler scenes from EP 38-47...also because I watched it raw and have no idea what the dialogue is all about....lol.  But definitely once it is fully subbed I shall take my sweet time re-watching.  And yes I am one of the obsessed novel fan who had the love/hate thing with this drama.   But I know my emotional roller coaster was worth it.  Afterall it is only an escape into fantasy world from real life world.  I shall take the good and the bad  or else we do a go fund me page and have fans control script, casting etc....LOL  it has been done with American show/movie. Hehehe.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, vintage_chutzpah said:

Just finished the wedding scene and it is intense! I love it.

I'm sticking to it and finishing it till the end despite all the misgivings.

Not sure if it gets better after the wedding episode.

Hello! Could you please tell me where did you watch the wedding scene? I’ve only managed to watch up until 57 raw. Thanks ;)

2 hours ago, mrsyooknit said:

Today was just the set up for tomorrow. XF was finally investigating stuff. Other pieces are lining up.

I guess tmr JM finds out about RY during the first episode and wedding is during the second episode.

Drama reached 10 billion views for those that keep track.

I agree that today's episodes is just setting up for tomorrow. So from seeing spoilers, I guess Phoenix asks JM for a second chance after her finds out that she was the bride?

Cr to instgram owner: myprince_794lhjae

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

55 minutes ago, turtle0217 said:

I agree that today's episodes is just setting up for tomorrow. So from seeing spoilers, I guess Phoenix asks JM for a second chance after her finds out that she was the bride?

Cr to instgram owner: myprince_794lhjae

From what I see on weibo, phoenix is already suspecting that SH was the murderer of JM's dad/stepmom, cuz he saw the frostbite on her ear, and he went back to Jiuying Cave (where JM confronted SH and phoenix showed up) and saw the blue fire marks on the cave wall (the same fire that killed JM's dad). Phoenix planned to arrange a fake wedding with demon princess as the bride to lure out SH's confession, but then somehow fox immortal and snake immortal swapped out demon princess with JM. That's why in one of the teasers, when phoenix saw demon princess walk in through the door, he was like 'wait if you're there, who tf is the bride?' XD...

But obviously, the show must go on to make SH confess so he says all these cheesy lines to JM and asks for her forgiveness. JM knows that he's saying that to trigger SH, but then who knows maybe he's not faking it ;).

• Like 4
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 2

Hi there! So, from what I have been reading, Xu Feng and Jin Mi will be together before she dies? And they REALLY marry or it's just a fake? I knew that dialogue somewhat between Xu Feng and Jin Mi with the back hug and such but they stay together after that or does Jin Mi returns to the heaven realm?

Thanks for all the spoilers! This is getting to the end and I feel awful for that because I will miss this drama like hell, but I rather know in advance what will happen!

And I liked the other stories too, don't be so bad about it. You know most Chinese dramas are 60 or more episodes, so it's natural that, at some point, the lead characters are left a bit behind. I just saw today's episode raw and felt really sad for Mu Ci and Demon Princess... Though secondary, they could be happy also. But okay, my love goes all to XF and JM!!! I'm already preparing a fan made video because I can't get them out of my mind!

:heart::love: 

• Like 6

Pu Chi Jun's little love story was cute. That I don't mind. I'm glad that Mu Ci killed that bad demon guy but seriously, they prolonged his and the princess's story just for him to die at the end? Like, I expected that but seriously? They could've got that out of the way and done with a long time ago to be honest. Sorry y'all. I just felt cheated today with no OTP scenes. lol I'm only surviving the end of the drama now because of OTP and the HE like some of y'all said. 

I understand why JM will choose to marry XF regardless of the fact that he "hates" her. She still kept sneaking to demon realm and chose to see him even when she knew he was mad at her and "hated" her. She's the persevering type, more now since she will eventually find out that Night was not a "good" person to begin with. She's not going to give up her love for XF even though she's tired out mentally, emotionally and physically. She may agree to marry Night but we all know she still loves and want to be with XF only.

As for tomorrow's episode(s), I'm going to give XF the benefit of doubt for everything he's going to do. Whether he was aware that it was JM who was the bride or not. lol But yassss. Please really be married!

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

4 hours ago, Lilona said:

Such a bummer xD

288ab2a1ac41f307ff146241a3df2a53-full.pn

Awww they should have kept it, was it part of the script? I hope they release cuts. I remember when I was watching Hua Qian Gu they cut out a scene from the ending and it ended up being released afterwards Bc ppl complained lol 

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, rose_loves_ice said:

Pu Chi Jun's little love story was cute. That I don't mind. I'm glad that Mu Ci killed that bad demon guy but seriously, they prolonged his and the princess's story just for him to die at the end? Like, I expected that but seriously? They could've got that out of the way and done with a long time ago to be honest. Sorry y'all. I just felt cheated today with no OTP scenes. lol I'm only surviving the end of the drama now because of OTP and the HE like some of y'all said. 

I understand why JM will choose to marry XF regardless of the fact that he "hates" her. She still kept sneaking to demon realm and chose to see him even when she knew he was mad at her and "hated" her. She's the persevering type, more now since she will eventually find out that Night was not a "good" person to begin with. She's not going to give up her love for XF even though she's tired out mentally, emotionally and physically. She may agree to marry Night but we all know she still loves and want to be with XF only.

As for tomorrow's episode(s), I'm going to give XF the benefit of doubt for everything he's going to do. Whether he was aware that it was JM who was the bride or not. lol But yassss. Please really be married!

I think that they will be legally married but it is in name only.  Just to draw out the confession from SH.  Bird brain is too prideful and stubborn as heck(mind my language) until the very end.  As if he is perfect (well at least he is in my eyes lol), his expectation of love was too high hence his coping mechanism of JM "betrayal" is abysmal.  But hey, it will  add to the 2nd round of angst for when it is his turn to redeem himself to JM.

• Like 3

I teared when Mu Ci died while LY demon princess waited for him. Super duper mad cute when demon father wipes his tears after being a witness to their wedding. 

I feel like so many scenes filmed were cut out at the end of this demon realm. Maybe if they "re-edit" the drama it could've been better by cutting out unnecessary scenes and keeping the important scenes. And thus Night's true face is gonna show. Had to feel bad for the girl who had one-sided feelings for Night.

I wanted more fate and moon god scenes, they're so cute when they banter. I need the remaining episodes now and more BTS.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, bluerosear said:

Can someone summary what Phoenix say to the Demon Princess in today's episode? D

Did he start to think Sui He might be behind Jin Mi dad murder? Thanks much :)

Basically in that scene, the demon princess believes that the Uncle is acting on his own accords to tell XF not to marry SH cause she’s the murderer. B4 this scene the Uncle came to talk to XF about SH, but XF believe that JM is using his Uncle to make him separate from SH, by having the Uncle inform him that SH is the killer. The Demon Princess say something like from this point of view between SH and JM, SH seems to be the person who killed someone. And then comes the part in the preview where Demon princess say “Are you scared that it’s true thatJM really saved you, bc you don’t know how to face her?” XF say that he’s scared that the things JM said to him were true. Demon princess ask what did she say? 

Flashback to the time when JM came and told XF that he didn’t kill her father. It was SH and that she used that special ability. (Also some other stuff but yea) JM also tells XF about the Snake god being injured by the spell as well. Lastly, JM say SH isn’t who you think she is. XF rejects the idea and of course doesn’t believe her.

Back to present: XF say “She said that the person who murdered the water/wind god was SH.” Demon Princess ask How can she use that ability? And XF replies, I don’t even know. But when she saved me, she did used up a lot of her powers/strengths (whatever you call it). From the moment I woke up, she’s been frequently unwell. 

**end of conversation about SH bc a guard interrupts them**

So yup he’s beginning to be suspicious ^^ 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1