[OFFICIAL] Ji Chang Wook and Nam Ji Hyun Couple (JiBong/JiJi Couple)

stucked

11 hours ago, nianderson said:

My heartiest wishes, blessings, prayers and hopes for Ji Hyun yang-ie. Happy returns sweetheart!! May your crops be bountiful, your vine sublime, your dwelling full of love, your soul sparkling through your eyes, your joy through your smile. May loved ones surround you with their favor, may your (future) husband honor and cherish you at all times, may you live to see your children’s children and may your descendants be as countless as the stars. The world needs more of the Hyunnie gene pool. God speed my love to her!

Please do not copy the following content in any manner whatsoever and do not repost on any social media site in any form. It is exclusively intended for JiJi shipper’s soompi thread.

If you wish to read my (or any other member’s) previous posts, you can click on the username displayed on the screen’s left. The profile page will have ‘See their activity’ on the top right. Select it, followed by the ‘Posts’ option in the left tab. All posts would be visible in entirety, so you need not even worry about book marking or forgetting page numbers.

PART 4

Coming in, I didn’t realize I was rooting for a couple of highly shippable artists. My only point of reference for JiJi was JiJi… setting fire on either sides of the screen, the kind of scorching blaze we unconsciously know without knowing how, that it is transcendental, unlike anything else we’ve seen before or likely would ever again.

I didn’t know that I was obliviously boarding a ship that roots for a couple- one half of which is determined to melt hearts and knees of men, women, children, beasts and inanimate objects with gazes so deep, you’d cheerfully line up to sign on as the devil’s attorney for the privilege of receiving them. The other half looks into her co-stars’ eyes and smiles so blindingly you’d think they were the trees on which the fruit of her life hung. You’d willingly lay down your life and consider it well-spent just to see the bow tips of her mouth curving up in adoration.

Those facts had barely gone down the hatch before it struck like a bolt from the heavens that I wasn’t aboard some lone, solitary ship in a vast expanse of ocean. There’s a frickin’ armada all around, armed to the teeth with information, evidences, receipts and testimonies, each one personally convinced that theirs would be the only vessel to reach shore, presenting their signature brand of analysis every time their bias does or does not send out a clue, trying all the while to torpedo the neighbors and swinging cutlasses at every menace in sight. Irrespective of the rights and wrongs, the OTP belongs to a patriarchal society and one now learns that when shipping Ji Chang Wook, you are handed blast suits, explosives, shields, talismans and cardiac medications instead of a golden ticket.

It is not without reason, though. I can only thank my stars that Suspicious Partner is his first work I’ve seen, thus being enabled to build perceptions from the scratch without having to reorient his past with the present. I have to admit that his more active ships weren’t without reason. One of the greatest strengths of a ship is their OTP’s interaction beyond the script and Wook can adapt to anyone given enough time. It is a trade tool and especially needed by someone as inherently shy as him. Besides, he is the genial sort overall and believes in doing what he likes, liking what he does and creating a positive environment to do it. With every passing drama, his interaction techniques improved, comfort level grew, confidence and responsibility as the lead increased until he employed all means at his disposal to portray a character to the hilt. All the while making new friends and memories along the way, not to mention a steadily growing fleet, the latest one always convinced theirs is most unique until dethroned by a new Wook drama, new OTP, new ship.

Ironically, my initial unease with shipping JiJi was the stack of odds in their favor. Regardless of who the female lead was, I am convinced Wook was prepared to go a bit above and beyond his usual interaction MO to generate the rom-com brand of chemistry. His credibility as a versatile actor depended on it. If his heroine turned out to be fresh, charming, experienced and talented, it was a blessing indeed. If she complimented his efforts to mingle with her own amiability, got his playful cues, matched him wit for wit, even outsmarting him more often than not, it was an added grace. The work environment, staff and crew were actively supportive of the leads in creating a romantic atmosphere. Wook was entirely comfortable with a very personable hoobae, constantly immersed in emotional and physical proximity.

He has not done an out-an-out rom-com before, so the level of interaction with previous co-stars isn’t a fair comparison to begin with. Moreover, some of them were his seniors, others enjoyed a fan following that rivalled or surpassed his. The script, the timing, the style of direction or his character’s degree of involvement in the romance- everything was different.

In this regard, his closeness to Hyunnie was unsurprising, even warranted. We witnessed the results of those efforts onscreen. We were driven out of our minds by what transpired offscreen. With such two-pronged, fiery attack of passion, rooting for them became the easiest thing in the world. Perhaps the only thing easier might have been to disregard the other ships because Wook has never been this way ever before. Yet even then, I could rationalize that the reason was because he never before had an experience that is even relatively comparable to SP & Hyunnie. This combo is very different from what he’s used to, so quite understandably, he is different too.

With every passing BTS, I’m more over my head in the waters than the previous week. SP ends and interviews start pouring in, all promising in their answers and statements. No questions explicitly requiring a yes-or-no about their relationship were asked (even Song Joong Ki didn’t escape that). Inquisitions about army visitation were all the more interesting, with him once apparently stating about Hyunnie’s visit making his mates happy.

If the worst came to worst, it could be proved that the interviewer put words in his mouth, or took his words in a context he didn’t intend or maybe asked a point-blank question about will he be happy with the lady’s visit to which he would have obviously answered yes and the written statement might have been blown out of proportion. Which is why, as a shipper, I am wary of written interviews.

But the lesson I took away from that girl group statement is one I will reiterate. Wook is obsessed with not being misunderstood. It does not matter that people are teasing him, laughing at him, making up stories or scenarios, or seeing or hearing things that aren’t there- the fact remains that he will explain his side of things loud and clear, regardless of whether or not those explanations are what people want to hear. So when he says that he is not well acquainted with girl groups, that he thinks the army mates would go nuts if TWICE come to perform, my attention is snagged by his emphasis that he personally doesn’t know them, implying that he answered the question as was asked but it is not an issue he is personally interested in. Perhaps it’s the way the Hyunnie visit statement was written or translated immediately after, because it contextually sounded quite out of the left field while reading, like someone tacked his answer to another question onto this one.

So while I was ostensibly waging a battle of reading between the lines, looking for contingencies, probable causes and rational explanations, eliminating hypothetical analysis and delusional tendencies as much as possible, convinced that I was a couple of bombs away from the nearest loony bin, it seemed like Wook decided to bestow compassion upon me and similarly conflicted shippers by taking matters into his own hands.

Park Seul Gi: Who will be the first to visit you?

Ji Chang Wook: Ji Hyun yang-ie.

Actually, Hyunnie has been addressed thus by her seniors before, including Song Hye Kyo. But to hear it coming from Wook, one can be excused for assuming that it is some kind of intimate endearment that only he is allowed to use. And the expression, the tone, the slight drooping of lips as he answered? They told a story of their own. Of his predicament at the Russian Roulette gone awry- him hinting for her to visit, her promising that she will, him assuming she wasn’t serious and hinting again, the army notice arrival, the wrap up party announcement, everyone offering to visit, their teasing and jabbing getting on his nerves, telling one and all ‘Thanks, but no thanks’, only to realize once the words left his mouth that Hyunnie was in the group as well and considered his retort as applicable to her too. She must have made it rather obvious that she thought so, leaving him no choice but to come clean and state in explicit terms that he did want her to come but misunderstood her wish as mere jest, that his 'Don't come' never ever had anything to do with her.

The moment he said her name, I let go of the precipice I didn’t even realize I was clinging onto with the barest tips of my fingers- for dear life, for shreds of sanity, for my safe harbor of logic and rationality. The man who goes out of his way to avoid trouble, deals with it sincerely should it come his way, is careful of the image and reputation he has painstakingly cultivated over the years, of his responsibilities not only as an influential artist but also as a human being who strives to remain true to his conscience… This man who has always kept his private life sacred, has cut off dating speculations ruthlessly, has himself pointed out the whats and whys of dating this close to MS being a bad idea, here he is, quite willingly and eagerly linking his name to the lady. He would never ever deliberately put anyone in harm’s way, so what does it say about him that even fully conscious of the ramifications, he still chose to answer thus?

He could have stuck to his written interview answers. Could have said he isn’t sure who’ll be the first, all co-stars have promised to visit, so he’ll wait and see who does. But one forgets that those answers were given in a formal setting- him facing a gathering of reporters, in a careful frame of mind, conscious of diplomacy and non-controversial sensibilities. Here, Park Seul Gi had thawed him considerably with her wise-cracks and shock treatments. He is markedly relaxed enough that while answering each passing question, he is allowing more natural responses to come out semi-filtered. And Hyunnie is so steeply immersed in his conscience that only a verbal chastity belt can keep her out of his musings. Or the question should be such that it cannot even remotely be associated in any manner whatsoever to her. For example: What color is a peacock? An innocent query. Then he’d say: "Blue. Ah, by the way, Ji Hyun yang-ie was saying the other day that it's her favorite color." Yeah, we all get the drift.

Wook himself has implied that he is not concerned with the aspects of military service that would help him to ‘endure’ it. He doesn’t envision himself being dragged away against his will, kicking and screaming, going through the motions and counting days until some entertainment will be provided for the troops. This is a life experience and something for him to learn from and enrich himself as a man. He does not expect to be cut more slack than anyone else. So when asking a 30-year old Wook about army visits, people he has been acquainted with in a professional capacity really don’t count in his mind. Yes, he worked with them, those were good times and yes, he’d greet them warmly should they meet again. He is always asked ‘who would come’, not ‘will anyone come’, so the courtesy alone demands he generalize the answer. But this is 2 years of his personal life, a time when he sheds the veneer of his glamourous profession and becomes just another man serving his country. Everything during these 2 years has to do with him and him alone.

He is entering the phase of life where settling with a family more or less becomes one of the top priorities. He is keenly aware of the fact himself. At this juncture, it is all the more imperative that he do nothing to invite rumors. Moreover, he is incapable of deliberately putting anyone in harm’s way. So when he says that he wishes his 22-year old co-star would visit him during his personal time, you better believe this association is here to stay. He isn’t looking for someone to make him forget the harsh realities of military, to ease his sufferings and make him nostalgic about the happy days gone by, he isn’t looking to retain lingering connections to the glitzy world he’s given up for a while. He knows how his answer would be perceived by the world, but he declares anyway, because when he asked her to come, he was inviting her into his life.

He declares anyway because that is his claim. He is so sure of his intentions that he stepped into an irreversible chain of events. The words, the tone, the look- it was out there for all and sundry to witness.

Wow! Beautifully written! You can write very very well 

• Like 17

25 minutes ago, ajmamor1976_30b1 said:

Well really lots of non shipper is stalking our forum. I cannot answer thru gif coz I dont know how to do it. But can somebody answer in this forum my question regarding our guy and girl.

1. Why the sudden change in answer regarding having a girlfriend?In the past interview dont have plans to date coz going in the military, but in the concert ,MS is nothing to do with having a girlfriend?Please explain Non Jiji shipper?

2. In the BTS in their first day of relationship when their rehearsing you see our girl touch the lips of our guy with her finger, for me it is not a natural thing to do and she did it twice (unless you have a more than a friend relationship), like having a signal dont joke on it lots of camera rolling because he is obviously want to hug and kiss her. 

3.  Posting of NJY in instagram the necklace. This 1 is a big revelation that hey we are in a relationship. Then in VLive, fans is asking who give her the necklace and saying it is a gift. Hahaha. Cannot reveal it coz the World will turn upsidedown.

4. In the interview who will first visit you in the MS ? Name dropping NJY will first visit me. To non Jiji shipper if our guy and your girl is really in a relationship why our Girl name is mention first?? Dont you think it is an insult in your girl??Omo omo. 

5.In the instagram post of NJY on the day that JCW enlisted she posted a lonely face bcoz she is really lonely at that time. To non jiji shipper why your girl did not post she is lonely, coz they dont have a relationship. Hahaha. 

6. In the VLive of JCW, his message to the fans. Honey dont cheat. Well do you believe that its for fans? I know he really love his fans but the real message for his fans is I will be back with good project but the dont cheat part is not for ours.

7. The ambulance scene I am the 1 who bring it in this thread, you can clearly see he is affected by a simple touch on his abs. A good guy if he is not really interested even if you touch him there will no effect on him. I dont want to sensionalize again.

8. The army picture JCW is copying the face expression of NJY obviously he is sending a message in our girl. Like he is annoying her. It just a coincidence?

I cannot remember all. If something  pops in my mind I will share it to you. I dont want also a long post. Haay it is gud I am in the house coz I am having an asthma attack. Hahaha. Sick leave. 

Hai ALL ...............A VERY GD MOR 

oh dear well said thru your fact finding & I Really like line # 5 .:wub:

• Like 16
  • LOL 2

1 hour ago, ajmamor1976_30b1 said:

Well really lots of non shipper is stalking our forum. I cannot answer thru gif coz I dont know how to do it. But can somebody answer in this forum my question regarding our guy and girl.

1. Why the sudden change in answer regarding having a girlfriend?In the past interview dont have plans to date coz going in the military, but in the concert ,MS is nothing to do with having a girlfriend?Please explain Non Jiji shipper?

2. In the BTS in their first day of relationship when their rehearsing you see our girl touch the lips of our guy with her finger, for me it is not a natural thing to do and she did it twice (unless you have a more than a friend relationship), like having a signal dont joke on it lots of camera rolling because he is obviously want to hug and kiss her. 

3.  Posting of NJY in instagram the necklace. This 1 is a big revelation that hey we are in a relationship. Then in VLive, fans is asking who give her the necklace and saying it is a gift. Hahaha. Cannot reveal it coz the World will turn upsidedown.

4. In the interview who will first visit you in the MS ? Name dropping NJY will first visit me. To non Jiji shipper if our guy and your girl is really in a relationship why our Girl name is mention first?? Dont you think it is an insult in your girl??Omo omo. 

5.In the instagram post of NJY on the day that JCW enlisted she posted a lonely face bcoz she is really lonely at that time. To non jiji shipper why your girl did not post she is lonely, coz they dont have a relationship. Hahaha. 

6. In the VLive of JCW, his message to the fans. Honey dont cheat. Well do you believe that its for fans? I know he really love his fans but the real message for his fans is I will be back with good project but the dont cheat part is not for ours.

7. The ambulance scene I am the 1 who bring it in this thread, you can clearly see he is affected by a simple touch on his abs. A good guy if he is not really interested even if you touch him there will no effect on him. I dont want to sensionalize again.

8. The army picture JCW is copying the face expression of NJY obviously he is sending a message in our girl. Like he is annoying her. It just a coincidence?

I cannot remember all. If something  pops in my mind I will share it to you. I dont want also a long post. Haay it is gud I am in the house coz I am having an asthma attack. Hahaha. Sick leave. 

the flies keep flying and hovering near our thread because our namji chingus keep this thread on fire and also because their boat is ROCKY!! THEY ARE SCARED OUT OF THEIR MINDS!! otherwise they have no business to stalk our ship. i am so confident in our ship that i could careless what the other forums say but nope, they are scared. terrified. trembling. that's why they keep coming to our thread and copying us (the whole song song comparison), trying to debunk us. yeah, pfft. we dont need any of that debunking because our ship is real straight from the sources (namij)

• Like 22

35 minutes ago, m i s z CHEN said:

the flies keep flying and hovering near our threat because our namji chingus keep this thread on fire and also because their boat is ROCKY!! THEY ARE SCARED OUT OF THEIR MINDS!! otherwise they have no business to stalk our ship. i am so confident in our ship that i could careless what the other forums say but nope, they are scared. terrified. trembling. that's why they keep coming to our thread and copying us (the whole song song comparison), trying to debunk us. yeah, pfft. we dont need any of that debunking because our ship is real straight from the sources (namij)

They have nothing to spazz & thats why they are trying hard to debunk & copycat our theory.Its OK,good effort to make their sinking ship afloat but still useless :D

• Like 19

5 minutes ago, pauliza said:

And this too :D

About the necklace ,haters maybe can debunk our theory by saying that necklace was a drama prop BUT I want to clarify this first .Hyunie NEVER tag any sponsor on her post .If we look at properly on her ig, even its just a nail art ,bag or presents from her fans ,all got tagged from her as a token of appreciation on their gifts /sponsors .Now we are talking about an expensive JEWELRY  ,its suspicious when till now she didn't tag STYLUS on her post .Double suspicious when she said that was a GIFT.hahaha..I think useless to explain this to the haters because no matter what they will twist our words till the end :lol::lol::lol:

Dear Pauliza i'm 100% agree with yr post ............the hater always like 2 twist & turn the fact which can't be deny ..................:D

today's day was boring at office but  at least with this forum i"m feel a bit energetic  

• Like 24

3 minutes ago, m i s z CHEN said:

and don't forget the whole thing about how hyunnie went to vacation with her friends - those places were recommended by wookie.

no bro-sis zoning.t too many coincidences only point to one thing. our ship is real <3 all abroad! ship has sailed.

Other ships also have theory on this .Hahaha..its OK we can let they have them all because we have too many theories then .Poor them just to survive with copycat theory :tongue:

• Like 22

18 minutes ago, miss0115 said:

Uh-oh...... 

What happened with flies? :o

Haven't backread but managed to catch on about the necklace. 

I dunno if its shared before already. I found it from the owner's IG. Please let me share here..... 

Is it true that Hyuni also wore Stylus product during the wrap up party? :o I couldn't find the clear and HD pic focusing on her necklace that day but if its true then...hmm well......not just one but 2 gifts and she wore it 1 day apart just wow hahaha

Ok, anyone wanna give me clarification about this? Bcs i'm so curious about this ><

Nono, she wore tirrlirr during wrap up, what ig poster meant was although stylus was one of SP's sponsors,  only Jihyun wore stylus during it and both were significant items (ring necklace and engagement ring).

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, pauliza said:

Other ships also have theory on this .Hahaha..its OK we can let they have them all because we have too many theories then .Poor them just to survive with copycat theory :tongue:

yeah poor them, they can have all the theories in the world that they want. theory is theory!! our is facts <3 hahahah!

everyday i look forward to hyunnie's IG update and news about her. ah! what has life become? wonderful <3 something to look forward to everyday. 

i wonder when we'll hear news about where wookie will be stationed. should be soon right? ahh!

• Like 21