[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Legend of Fuyao 扶摇

sugarplum892

2 hours ago, poptartz said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Episode 23-24 Spoilers (I didn't fully watch the episodes, but the social media account of FY posted some clips so my summaries are based off them)

Mistress Xian (The girl who was acting cocky in Ep 19 during the selection of Concubines and tried to hit FY, but tripped) accuses Concubine Tang of putting something in her drink, which caused her to accidentally throw the sword at Wuji during her sword dance. She says before the dance Concubine Tang's maid went to find earrings and used money to bribe her own maid in order to put something in her drink. Concubine Tang says that she is innocent and she doesn't know about this. Concubine Tang then tells her personal maid to tell the King the truth. The maid admits that she lost her lady's earring and it is the truth that she asked Mistress Xian's maid to help her. The maid then says while she and the other maid were looking for the earring, she saw FY walking over and putting something in the drink.

Based on Ep 25's preview, I think Wuji sends FY to a 冷宫 to "punish her"

In the same episode, Senior Brother (Yan Jin Chen) discovers that Juwen Zhi is FY since he knows how FY walks and her posture. Pei Yuan also discovers this and she captures FY. She also binds the Senior Brother over so that he can witness her torturing FY. Senior Brother begs Pei Yuan for mercy, but Pei Yuan is enraged. She then forces Senior Brother to either kill FY or destroy FY's face. The Senior Brother swallows a poison powder and then begs Pei Yuan to let FY go, since either FY or him will have to die; however, this further enrages Pei Yuan and she tries to kill FY. Suddenly, PY's maid (the one who scarred her face) stabs PY and confesses to PY that she was the one who scarred her face. She then tells all three of them that she hates them all especially PY since she, despite growing up with PY and treating PY with care, is treated like a dog. The maid then attempts to kill FY, but the Senior Brother uses his body as a shield. While the maid tries to kill FY, PY suddenly stabs the maid. In the end, all PY, Senior Brother, and the maid died. Before Senior Brother dies, he is happy that he can hear FY call him Senior Brother once again. Also, he says that he has made mistakes his entire life. The only thing that isn't a mistake is his love for FY. He then says that it would be great if they could both return to Mount. Xuan Yuan.

For FY and Wuji shippers. Wuji overhears FY's confess to Jian Xue (the concubine that cares for FY). Jian Xue refers to Wuji as young master so she is possibly a servant of Wuji. FY then asks Wuji about his feelings. He says that he became interested in FY because of her intelligence, uniqueness, and her willingness to sacrifice her own life to save her friends; however, as time goes by, he states that he lost interest. He then says that he prefers submissive women over rebellious women like FY. FY thanks Wuji for his confession and how she realized how stupid her feelings for Wuji is. She said that she'll repay her debt before leaving. Wuji tells her that she doesn't need to and the only thing he wants FY to do is disappear.

Spoiler

so she decides to stay then gets punished? i hate this richard simmons from the male leads. 

Im annoyed Senior brother dies i actually liked him. 

Also how many times is she going to get hit on the neck and captured? This show is more like the Legend of Wuji also. 

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

21 minutes ago, Wotad said:
  Hide contents

so she decides to stay then gets punished? i hate this richard simmons from the male leads. 

Im annoyed Senior brother dies i actually liked him. 

Also how many times is she going to get hit on the neck and captured? This show is more like the Legend of Wuji also. 

Spoiler

By sending FY to the 冷宫(the place where concubines who have committed crimes or lost the king’s favor ). Usually, entering that place means that you will never be summoned upon by the King and will have to spend the remaining years of your life alone and locked up. As a result, the other concubines won’t try to plot against FY since they now believe that they have one less competitor for the King’s affection and becoming Queen

3 minutes ago, poptartz said:
  Hide contents

The “punishment” is to protect her. The other concubines won’t plot against FY since she is locked up in the 冷宫 (the place a king sends concubines who lost his favor or committed crimes ). By sending FY to the 冷宫, Wuji ingrains the idea that FY completely lost his favor and therefore won’t be summoned to serve him. The other concubines will then relax knowing that they lost another competitor for the Wuji’s affections. At night, Wuji secretly sneaks to meet up with FY.

Reveal hidden contents

By sending FY to the 冷宫里 (the place where concubines who have committed crimes or lost the king’s favor ). Usually, entering that place means that you will never be summoned upon by the King and will have to spend the remaining years of your life alone and locked up. As a result, the other concubines won’t try to plot against FY since they now believe that they have one less competitor for the King’s affection and becoming Queen

Spoiler

I see thanks for clarifying ;p 

I'm loving the silliness of WJ. Haha. I laughed at his servant when the sword stopped and the servant pretended to say "protect the king." All the guards and the servant got on top of WJ. That was priceless! :lol:

For Wuji and FY Shippers

Spoiler

If you are the type of shippers who think that the characters should save themselves for each other then fear not. So far, we know that Wuji didn’t sleep with Concubine Tang (the one he summons the most). In one of the latest episodes, Concubine Tang states that Wuji only spends time with her. She expressed that she truly wants to “serve” him and tries to seduce him. Wuji, however,  attempts to knocks her out by hitting her pressure point, but YuanBao suddenly appeared and scared her. He then berates YuanBao and when he turns around, Tang was in a provocative position. He tells her to close her eyes and then knocked her out.

Not gonna lie, today was the first time I found myself rolling my eyes at the drama while watching ep.24. I still love it though but that was just comical to me how it went down.

Spoiler

I felt they could’ve written off Pei Yuan’s death better than that.  That was just silly how they just stabbed each other back and forth while this other one takes poison and then all dropped dead together.  I couldn’t take it seriously even though it was supposed to be sad lol.  

Also Fuyao just sat there each time Pei Yuan or the servant came at her with the sword.  She didn’t even attempt to run after Senior broke her rope.  That whole scene was just weird.

26 minutes ago, lan_lan said:

Not gonna lie, today was the first time I found myself rolling my eyes at the drama while watching ep.24. I still love it though but that was just comical to me how it went down.

Reveal hidden contents

I felt they could’ve written off Pei Yuan’s death better than that.  That was just silly how they just stabbed each other back and forth while this other one takes poison and then all dropped dead together.  I couldn’t take it seriously even though it was supposed to be sad lol.  

Also Fuyao just sat there each time Pei Yuan or the servant came at her with the sword.  She didn’t even attempt to run after Senior broke her rope.  That whole scene was just weird.

OMG yes! I thought she seemed quite apathetic despite what was unfolding before her. I don't know if it was in the script for her to react that way because she was drugged? Or was it Yang Mi's acting but I wished there was more emoting since she was watching someone significant in her life die in front of her eyes. :/

31 minutes ago, silfeeah said:

OMG yes! I thought she seemed quite apathetic despite what was unfolding before her. I don't know if it was in the script for her to react that way because she was drugged? Or was it Yang Mi's acting but I wished there was more emoting since she was watching someone significant in her life die in front of her eyes. :/

I think the reason she didn't put much emotion into this scene was because her feelings for him disappeared when she left him in Mt. Xuan. Now her feelings for him isn't as huge as it is for WJ. I mean he did marry someone else and admit she did this and that. 

1 hour ago, lan_lan said:

Hide contents

Spoiler

I was only sad for the Senior dont care for the others. 

26 minutes ago, Liting1 said:

I think the reason she didn't put much emotion into this scene was because her feelings for him disappeared when she left him in Mt. Xuan. Now her feelings for him isn't as huge as it is for WJ. I mean he did marry someone else and admit she did this and that. 

Spoiler

still she loved him and he loved her she should still have some emotion ;p 

@silfeeah  I agree.  I thought everything was so well done up until that whole situation.  

Spoiler

Maybe I missed something when I was watching but I didn’t even know she was drugged.  I thought she was only hit on the back of the head.  But then at the end she joined the party and passed out like the rest of them so maybe she was drugged.

In the grand scheme of things it’s a minor issue to complain about as I didn’t really care about those characters anyway.  But still it throws you off the viewing experience. 

Spoiler

One minor thing i observed and kind of threw me off at the death scene was that the maid died right away after being stabbed by PY. PY got stabbed at just about the same spot as the maid and PY didn't die right away. So weird... Yet a bit silly there

14 minutes ago, lan_lan said:

@silfeeah  I agree.  I thought everything was so well done up until that whole situation.  

Hide contents

Maybe I missed something when I was watching but I didn’t even know she was drugged.  I thought she was only hit on the back of the head.  But then at the end she joined the party and passed out like the rest of them so maybe she was drugged.

In the grand scheme of things it’s a minor issue to complain about as I didn’t really care about those characters anyway.  But still it throws you off the viewing experience. 

Spoiler

Pei Yuan drugged her, which prevented FY from exerting strength. As for fainting maybe there was too much emotional stress? I would’ve said blood loss too but she only had a slice on her arm.

6 minutes ago, Liting1 said:

One minor thing i observed and kind of threw me off at the death scene was that the maid died right away after being stabbed by PY. PY got stabbed at just about the same spot as the maid and PY didn't die right away. So weird... Yet a bit silly there. 

Spoiler

Well, if I remember correctly, the maid doesn’t know martial arts so her endurance is lower ?

4 minutes ago, poptartz said:
  Hide contents

Pei Yuan drugged her, which prevented FY from exerting strength. As for fainting maybe there was too much emotional stress?

Reveal hidden contents

Well, if I remember correctly, the maid doesn’t know martial arts so her endurance is lower ?

Oops accidentally reposted

With regards to episode 24:

Spoiler

Fuyao was drugged hence she couldn't move as the drug was meant to make her lose control of her limbs or muscles or something hence she was resigned to whatever fate awaits.

I was just pissed that she got knocked out way too early.

@Wotad The brothers storyline is just so sad and beautifully written and presented. Hence my love for the new song.

Wait till episode 22? (I cannot remember clearly) When Zong Yue reminded him of what happened in the past.... it was even more heartwrenching.

And the brother's reaction? That helplessness. That torn feeling?

And then cue in the music....

Omg.. it's just so beautiful...

27 minutes ago, mrsj3n said:

With regards to episode 24:

Hide contents

Fuyao was drugged hence she couldn't move as the drug was meant to make her lose control of her limbs or muscles or something hence she was resigned to whatever fate awaits.

I was just pissed that she got knocked out way too early.

@Wotad The brothers storyline is just so sad and beautifully written and presented. Hence my love for the new song.

Wait till episode 22? (I cannot remember clearly) When Zong Yue reminded him of what happened in the past.... it was even more heartwrenching.

And the brother's reaction? That helplessness. That torn feeling?

And then cue in the music....

Omg.. it's just so beautiful...

Spoiler

Fuyao gets knocked out and drugged and beaten all the time. 

Am i the only one thinking this should basically be Legend of Wuji so far? She was supposed to basically get a male harem yet hes the one getting it so far. Shes supposed to have so many guys after her like the two brothers but they added some random girl..

She's also weak and gets her richard simmons beaten all the time or needs help.. where is the legend? 

Hmm, I don't think it that way.

I kind of like the pace now since she just "come out" to see the world. Hence she don't really get into much contact with other men other than Zhan Beiye.

It's impossible for Zong Yue to like her since Zong Yue already know that Wuji has interest in her and they are "buddies". No one touches their buddies' wife unless they didnt know it at first. Based on the way the drama is written, Zong Yue don't know Fuyao until Wuji encountered her. (I assumed yah)

Too many love interest can make it complicated also.

Fans will be torn between the love interests as well. LOL

Archived