[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Legend of Fuyao 扶摇

sugarplum892

@emma333 hmm.. not sure if my phone auto translate or something..

You mean the Taiyuan Kingdom?

Or Wuji as the King?

@cheeriekwan of course girlfriend! Jump right into the wagon. ;)

Unfortunately, I can only stand him in this drama. The rest... I just can't. LOL

In Legend of Fuyao, he appeals to me and I like the chemistry he has with Yang Mi. Hence I was entranced...... 

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, mrsj3n said:

Episode 21 is even better:D

19 hours ago, cheeriekwan said:

I second. I love last night episodes. Lol.

Let me third it. :P Ep 21 gives me goosebumps over and over.

Spoiler

The bath segment is very well-done. How could they 'fly and flip around' like they have the whole football field instead of just a spa area, even an imperial one? And that WJ's tug that disrobes Fuyao's outer coat, and sends her flying... whoa!  I haven't seen any BTS clip or chatter about any 'accident'. Thankfully, and I'm truly amazed!

19 hours ago, mrsj3n said:

Actually Wikipedia previously updated that the 2 of them love Fuyao but it has since been updated that Qi Yun is their love interest.

I believe Qi Yun is just Yun Heng's love interest. Not Zong Yue's.

From Ep 21...

Spoiler

Zong Yue has tried to talk Yun Heng out of his love for Qi Yun, reminding Yun Heng who he really is and what kind of a foster father Qi Zhen really is, and what he had done to their family. From here, I don't think Zong Yue would be hypocritical in doing what he tries to dissuade his brother from doing, and forgetting that he himself is trying to avenge the massacre carried out by Qi Zhen.

I too love the banter between Zong Yue and Fuyao, and since they have quite a number of encounters so far, including Zong Yue almost dying (poisoned arrow) because of Fuyao, I do think there may be more between them, though if it's love, I believe it will be just one-sided love (from Zong Yue).    

10 hours ago, lan_lan said:

Not gonna lie, today was the first time I found myself rolling my eyes at the drama while watching ep.24. I still love it though but that was just comical to me how it went down.

Hide contents   Hide contents

I felt they could’ve written off Pei Yuan’s death better than that.  That was just silly how they just stabbed each other back and forth while this other one takes poison and then all dropped dead together.  I couldn’t take it seriously even though it was supposed to be sad lol.  

Also Fuyao just sat there each time Pei Yuan or the servant came at her with the sword.  She didn’t even attempt to run after Senior broke her rope.  That whole scene was just weird.

10 hours ago, silfeeah said:

OMG yes! I thought she seemed quite apathetic despite what was unfolding before her. I don't know if it was in the script for her to react that way because she was drugged? Or was it Yang Mi's acting but I wished there was more emoting

Having watched Ep 24, that scene is proper. The main understanding needed here, before more folks put down Yang Mi who's putting in an amazing portrayal thus far, is what drug Fuyao was served prior to her regaining consciousness, per evil and avenging Pei Yuan's order.

Spoiler

Pei Yuan did declare having served Fuyao a drink with some 'Shi Hun San' (lit. a drug that causes one to have one's soul be scattered and lost when the drug is in effect). Pei Yuan also did say the drug would cause Fuyao to be too weak to fight her. So, understandably, Pei Yuan did not put in a lethal amount to cause Fuyao's death, since she also did say she wanted Fuyao to die in her hands. So, knowing that, Fuyao is all messed up and weak, mentally and physically, in that scene, whatever is happening is just a blur to her, for the period of time that the 'drug' is in effect. It's a case of knowing what's happening but unable to do much of anything.   

Comparatively, the one that Senior Yan gulps down is a lethal dose which ironically came from his own father, the Master of Yan Sect, and it is 'Lie Hun San' (lit. a drug that splits and breaks one's soul in a lethal way that leads to death).  

Btw, for anyone who seriously think that Yang Mi could not emote if she has to, I suggest watching some of her recent projects. 

Why is this drama so addictive, and such a good destresser from work/daily demands? :crazy:

I can't get enough of it, esp. the push and pull between Wuji and Fuyao. :blush: And I really enjoy the intrigue of the mysteries to be unraveled. 

Spoiler

This scene is so touching, and what a delight to watch.

My heart literally felt the tug when Fuyao did this to Wuji before he leaves to retrieve the bell for her, to save her life. (Ep 22)

qf_Pg_Cx_E.jpg

@emma333 er... I don't have any issues with her acting. But of course.. to each their own.

No worries. :)

I only like her in Ten Miles and this.

The rest I tried to watch but it doesn't interest me. Lol

@cheeriekwan and @yohinata and @jadecloud

Come come. 

Recap our highness sexiness. :glasses:

Spoiler

Isn't there a trend in China whereby brides stand at a distance and wait for the bridal veil to fall on their head? This scene reminds me of that. I can't help laughing while actually being swoon by him. LOL

Edit: found it... lol

You're welcome.

LOL

4 hours ago, mrsj3n said:

Hate it that he has to "reciprocate" the flirting with that Concubine Tang. She's so annoying! OMG. 

I bet Wuji hates it just as much. Haha. But he has to 'reciprocate' because he's trying to make Fuyao jealous. I thought he is very good at that. Perfect portrayal! Hawt teaser! 

2 hours ago, yohinata said:

Ethan's body is freaking HOTTTTT. 

Hawt indeed! If you watch the BTS for his bare-chested scenes, he would do some push-ups (other male actors do this too) right before the filming. WOOT!

Time to screammmmmmmm again :blush::blush: And Yang Mi is the prettiest male attendant I've seen so far. LOL.GIFep17_OTP_FYsees_WJdisrobescene_Pt1.gi

Haha. He thinks he's lovely too :rolleyes:

Spoiler

hj_XP9u7.gif

36 minutes ago, mrsj3n said:

Recap our highness sexiness. :glasses:

I freakingly love this Ep 17 scene. It is amazing! Thanks for the rewatch.  (like I need it after so many, too many.... lol)

1x_HBQhi.jpg

44 minutes ago, CatWhiskers said:

Did anyone LOL at the bath scene where they went under water and it seems so deep to be able to twist and turn and do "other stuff" but when they stood up,  water is barely at waist level. Hahaha. 

Me! Me!

Lol

5 hours ago, yohinata said:

I dont think he blocked her power at all and she was weak from being locked up so couldnt fight but her power was never blocked. I have no issues with pace or how slow/fast the romance is i like it this speed also. 

2 hours ago, emma333 said:

sorry,I mean Yang Mi’s roles in these years are similar, and acting is not good. My phone is automatically translated just now.

i disagree i think her acting is pretty good. 

@mrsj3n @jadecloud Ethan's body is hot! Back in the days it wasn't as muscular but he did some workouts to have abs. :D Loved him in Green Forest My Home, though he played 2nd lead. I'm glad he's working with one of the most talented beautiful chinese actress, Yang Mi. I don't hate her but have watched some of her dramas and her role here is way better. Love her makeup, hairdos, and clothes! 

I love all of our couple's scene! My favorite scene is the bed and underwater kiss scene. My heart died! Love the background music when it comes to their scenes. Can't wait for the full album. 

11 minutes ago, Liting1 said:

@mrsj3n @jadecloud Ethan's body is hot! Back in the days it wasn't as muscular but he did some workouts to have abs. :D Loved him in Green Forest My Home, though he played 2nd lead. I'm glad he's working with one of the most talented beautiful chinese actress, Yang Mi. I don't hate her but have watched some of her dramas and her role here is way better. Love her makeup, hairdos, and clothes! 

I love all of our couple's scene! My favorite scene is the bed and underwater kiss scene. My heart died! Love the background music when it comes to their scenes. Can't wait for the full album. 

Agree, really don't matter if her acting is the same. The thing is she knows what her audience like so she tend to act the same. I thought her role in Ten Mile and Legend of Fuyao is just perfect. I would not change a thing. Everyone have their own preferences. 

Just now, yohinata said:

Agree, really don't matter if her acting is the same. The thing is she knows what her audience like so she tend to act the same. I thought her role in Ten Mile and Legend of Fuyao is just perfect. I would not change a thing. Everyone have their own preferences. 

Yes I literally died a little watching that scene. So beautiful. 

14 minutes ago, yohinata said:

Yes I literally died a little watching that scene. So beautiful. 

I haven't watch Ten Miles but have seen a bit of the cut scenes. I like Mark Chao but him with the long hair just threw me off. Haha. YM looks beautiful as always and her acting looks good in there even watching a bit of it. 

2 hours ago, CatWhiskers said:

@mrsj3n We noticed too much. LOL!!! 

There are also other fails in the scene such as FYs hair being dry after the bath scene and when the assassins came in you can see Ethan's body double when he spins FY around and they both start kicking the assassins.

3 hours ago, Liting1 said:

The background music that occurs during those two scenes is called 一愛難求 by 徐佳瑩. You can find the video on Youtube.

Love it 

Spoiler

Ep 26, fuyao knew she killed the imposter but still when she saw wuji in front of her she's so happy and keep touching his face, cute, she even said "I killed you once, now seeing you, I like it" (sorry if wrong I just understand a bits here and there)

Ok, the ship's sailing now, Fuyao definitely love wuji now. no turning back...I just wished the crazy lady didn't interrupt the kiss though.

5 minutes ago, poptartz said:

There are also other fails in the scene such as FYs hair being dry after the bath scene and when the assassins came in you can see Ethan's body double when he spins FY around and they both start kicking the assassins.

I know right, many2 fails from the start but since I love the story especially Fuyao and Wuji's love story, I just ignore it and enjoying it....hope that in later eps they can do better

11 minutes ago, lonelysnowflake05 said:

Love it 

Hide contents

Ep 26, fuyao knew she killed the imposter but still when she saw wuji in front of her she's so happy and keep touching his face, cute, she even said "I killed you once, now seeing you, I like it" (sorry if wrong I just understand a bits here and there)

Ok, the ship's sailing now, Fuyao definitely love wuji now. no turning back...I just wished the crazy lady didn't interrupt the kiss though.

Aww... I love their interactions! So sweet. I wonder where he went and then he just appear. Will have to wait for raw version. Here's that scene you mentioned! I kept replaying it because I just love these two lovebirds. :)

Can someone still translate this whole scene just in case? Thanks!

Spoiler

@poptartz Thanks for the info. I'm actually wanting that specific instrumental music in the background. That piano and humming version. 

Does anyone have a picture of the embrace between wuji and FY from episode 22? It's the scene where he is wearing a black robe and holding her in bed and she is clamoring onto him tightly because of the pain from her injuries during a fight.  I love the way he tightly holds her in that scene, :wub:you can see the tension in his arms and the anger and fear on his face, then he couldn't take her suffering anymore than turned her around and gave her some of his internal energy.

Archived