Quantcast
angelangie

[Current Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] The Story of Ming Lan 庶女明兰传 / 知否?知否?应是绿肥红瘦

Rewatching ep11 and loved the debate scene and Molan’s reaction to GH’s view about concubine born knowing their place and supporting the main line. They also did a good job showing the difference between GH and GTY on their understanding of the Sheng sibling dynamics and ML.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, gleek49 said:

@dito @Wotad

Sheng Wei is Sheng Hong's older cousin, Sheng Wei is the one who inherit the Main Sheng household, living in Sheng family's hometown. Grandma took Ming Lan there to visit them a couple of times in the novel. His youngest daughter, Pin Lan, was really close with Ming Lan.

Actually, earlier today, the production team posted the family tree on weibo, Sheng Wei's family is on there, with actors' pictures, so they probably will show up at some point.

Sadly, Changdong and his mother was cut, his relationship with ML was so cute! But I get it, there are already SO many characters in this drama, someone needed to go or the audience head might explode from information overload =)))

Sorry for cutting your post.

Thats great....they included that branch. From what I remember they were all nice people. I also remember....ML and PL hiding secretly listening to adults talking about how to refuse GTY's proposal/engagement?.....after his concubine came and made a fuss at their door....Not sure if it was at their door or someone close to them.

Yes ....I loved changdong and his relationship with ML too. Such a pity I was looking forward to see little CD waking up his Liu JieJie at dawn to give him lessons before she went for her class......I think that was the reason ML was always dozing off in the class....that and boring subjects.:lol:

He Hongwen is here...in TV version epi 14. I watch both versions as TV version is one epi further along in the story.

I thought with almost 80 episodes...the narrative will be very slow....but its actually moving along quite nicely.

• Like 4

@dito Actually, Pin Lan and Ming Lan were eavesdropping on the elders of the branch discussing a

Spoiler

divorce for Pin Lan's older sister, Shu Lan. 

The GTY proposal event was at Ming Lan other friend's house, Yanran (she appeared in Ep 5, during the handkerchief debacle)

Spoiler

GTY proposed to Yanran, since he heard that Yanran had a pleasant personality, she being the main wife would not be hard on Man Niang. But his reputation was not good so Yanran's grandparents didn't want to accept it. Man Niang tried to sabotage the proposal by bringing her daughter to Yanran's house. Yanran was fragile so she couldn't handle MN, Ming Lan had to step forward and dealt with MN for her friend.

I'm glad that they keep He Hongwen in the drama, we've got some juicy drama coming =))

• Like 3

1 hour ago, gleek49 said:

@dito @Wotad

Sheng Wei is Sheng Hong's older cousin, Sheng Wei is the one who inherit the Main Sheng household, living in Sheng family's hometown. Grandma took Ming Lan there to visit them a couple of times in the novel. His youngest daughter, Pin Lan, was really close with Ming Lan.

Actually, earlier today, the production team posted the family tree on weibo, Sheng Wei's family is on there, with actors' pictures, so they probably will show up at some point.

Changbai was the golden son, his career went very well, bringing even more honor and riches to the family than his father. His wife (Hai Shi) was selected carefully, so she performed excellently as a eldest daughter in law (good relationship with siblings, elders; supporting her husband; taking care of the household...). Changbai in the novel didn't talk or express much, but it seemed like he did loved his wife, he even taught her how to deal with Big Madam (poor Big Madam, her daughter-in-law was so much smarter than her, she almost never had a chance to scold her =))). Changbai was also very self-disciplined so he didn't take many women; I think he only kept 1 maid who followed him since they were small, plus she was timid so she never caused him and his wife any trouble. Hai Shi really liked Ming Lan a lot, but then again, everyone likes Ming Lan a lot. Even Changbai liked her better than his own blood sister Ru Lan.

Sadly, Changdong and his mother was cut, his relationship with ML was so cute! But I get it, there are already SO many characters in this drama, someone needed to go or the audience head might explode from information overload =)))

This family tree does not have Sheng Wei maybe this was a early one ,i liked the story around Sheng Wei though so good if its added.

The Story of MingLan China Drama

38 minutes ago, dito said:

Sorry for cutting your post.

Thats great....they included that branch. From what I remember they were all nice people. I also remember....ML and PL hiding secretly listening to adults talking about how to refuse GTY's proposal/engagement?.....after his concubine came and made a fuss at their door....Not sure if it was at their door or someone close to them.

Yes ....I loved changdong and his relationship with ML too. Such a pity I was looking forward to see little CD waking up his Liu JieJie at dawn to give him lessons before she went for her class......I think that was the reason ML was always dozing off in the class....that and boring subjects.:lol:

He Hongwen is here...in TV version epi 14. I watch both versions as TV version is one epi further along in the story.

I thought with almost 80 episodes...the narrative will be very slow....but its actually moving along quite nicely.

Changdong story sounds nice as well sad that is not added but not everything can be or 90 episode drama over 73 ;p

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, gleek49 said:

@dito Actually, Pin Lan and Ming Lan were eavesdropping on the elders of the branch discussing a

Reveal hidden contents

divorce for Pin Lan's older sister, Shu Lan. 

The GTY proposal event was at Ming Lan other friend's house, Yanran (she appeared in Ep 5, during the handkerchief debacle)

Reveal hidden contents

GTY proposed to Yanran, since he heard that Yanran had a pleasant personality, she being the main wife would not be hard on Man Niang. But his reputation was not good so Yanran's grandparents didn't want to accept it. Man Niang tried to sabotage the proposal by bringing her daughter to Yanran's house. Yanran was fragile so she couldn't handle MN, Ming Lan had to step forward and dealt with MN for her friend.

I'm glad that they keep He Hongwen in the drama, we've got some juicy drama coming =))

Lol.. thanks.Both got mixed up in my head.

I think GTY proposal for Yanran will be coming up soon..they are going to meet at the polo match in episode 16

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, dito said:

Lol.. thanks.Both got mixed up in my head.

I think GTY proposal for Yanran will be coming up soon..they are going to meet at the polo match in episode 16

Looks like in ep 16 we’re going to get to see a repeat of the pitch-pot interaction between our two leads but in polo instead...can’t wait. The BTS was funny because they were poking fun of LY’s horse being bigger than ZYL’s horse.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Wotad said:

ML smarts revealed in episode 11 yay shes so damn clever .

And 3rd Sheng brother is so arrogant, it’s no wonder he didn’t pass. They are so ungrateful for what they’ve already gotten from Sheng Hong and are so greedy...shows in their reaction to ML’s gift.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, hello210 said:

And 3rd Sheng brother is so arrogant, it’s no wonder he didn’t pass. They are so ungrateful for what they’ve already gotten from Sheng Hong and are so greedy...shows in their reaction to ML’s gift.

I like her brother Sheng Changbai he seems to know what shes about i would love to see some nice development between these two. 

• Like 3

GTY’s stepmom and his mistress have the same tone of voice when they talk which for me is really annoying but it is also representative of their fake gentleness.

• Like 2

I'm sad that GTY will not pass the exam because of his family. I kinda want people to know that he passed but failed because of his family... :( ... but of course that is just a fan girl fanning lol. But it does looks like he has the smart... but does anyone know if he is just as intelligent as Second brother or more intelligent but just rebellious? 

Anyone mind spoiling how GTY will get his heart breaken? By two girls before ML? 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, JoycceeDreamer said:

I'm sad that GTY will not pass the exam because of his family. I kinda want people to know that he passed but failed because of his family... :( ... but of course that is just a fan girl fanning lol. But it does looks like he has the smart... but does anyone know if he is just as intelligent as Second brother or more intelligent but just rebellious? 

I think they’re both similar in terms of smarts with different strengths. Changbai is from a scholarly background while GTY is from a military background. GTY is rougher around the edges because of his circumstances. I love their relationship, their lunch together when they were younger shows how they could be a perfect balance to each other and in their future careers. “The two of us, one can be a martial and one Literary scholarship, together we can govern the borders.” To me they would be like the pen and the sword.

• Like 5

0.932 is the most recent rating it had a 3.241 share and ranked 4th.

This is nationwide though and not cities which are the real rating right? 

That rating is higher then Like a following river has ever gotten nationwide but big gaps between cities and nationwide for river. 

• Like 3

c202d88dly1fyt6dhdywrj20qy0usafw.jpg

This the rating under 55 city. I think this one the official rating. 1.003. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, leeza77 said:

c202d88dly1fyt6dhdywrj20qy0usafw.jpg

This the rating under 55 city. I think this one the official rating. 1.003. 

Yay i hope it can continue to grow ;p 

• Like 1

Do anyone have an idea around what ep will Gu Tingy and Minglan's love start. Almost 20 eps and their love is no where to be found. Left with around 63 eps umm :/. I feel like its too long

• Like 1

I believe starting this year the new gold standard is csm55. 

9 minutes ago, bulubulu said:

Do anyone have an idea around what ep will Gu Tingy and Minglan's love start. Almost 20 eps and their love is no where to be found. Left with around 63 eps umm :/. I feel like its too long

It took like half the book for that. I think it will be earlier in the drama but still a lot to go.

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, bulubulu said:

you feel like the show is to long? im not sure about that . 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Wotad said:

you feel like the show is to long? im not sure about that . 

Oh no. I mean i feel like its taking to long for Gu Tingy and Minglan love to start

45 minutes ago, mrsyooknit said:

I believe starting this year the new gold standard is csm55. 

It took like half the book for that. I think it will be earlier in the drama but still a lot to go.

Ohhhh Looking forward to it. I hope it will be earlier in the drama

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bulubulu said:

Oh no. I mean i feel like its taking to long for Gu Tingy and Minglan love to start

Gty has to go through bitter experience with manniang's deception and the death of his father. This experiences shaped him to be a better man that worthy of minglan. He transformed into a good person after listening to Minglan's advise after the death of his father. So, i guess several episodes will it takes to come to the starting point of relationship between gty ang minglan. 

• Like 2