[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] The Story of Ming Lan 庶女明兰传 / 知否?知否?应是绿肥红瘦

Lynne

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sad that GTY will not pass the exam because of his family. I kinda want people to know that he passed but failed because of his family... :( ... but of course that is just a fan girl fanning lol. But it does looks like he has the smart... but does anyone know if he is just as intelligent as Second brother or more intelligent but just rebellious? 

Anyone mind spoiling how GTY will get his heart breaken? By two girls before ML? 

2 hours ago, JoycceeDreamer said:

I'm sad that GTY will not pass the exam because of his family. I kinda want people to know that he passed but failed because of his family... :( ... but of course that is just a fan girl fanning lol. But it does looks like he has the smart... but does anyone know if he is just as intelligent as Second brother or more intelligent but just rebellious? 

I think they’re both similar in terms of smarts with different strengths. Changbai is from a scholarly background while GTY is from a military background. GTY is rougher around the edges because of his circumstances. I love their relationship, their lunch together when they were younger shows how they could be a perfect balance to each other and in their future careers. “The two of us, one can be a martial and one Literary scholarship, together we can govern the borders.” To me they would be like the pen and the sword.

0.932 is the most recent rating it had a 3.241 share and ranked 4th.

This is nationwide though and not cities which are the real rating right? 

That rating is higher then Like a following river has ever gotten nationwide but big gaps between cities and nationwide for river. 

I believe starting this year the new gold standard is csm55. 

9 minutes ago, bulubulu said:

Do anyone have an idea around what ep will Gu Tingy and Minglan's love start. Almost 20 eps and their love is no where to be found. Left with around 63 eps umm :/. I feel like its too long

It took like half the book for that. I think it will be earlier in the drama but still a lot to go.

53 minutes ago, bulubulu said:

Do anyone have an idea around what ep will Gu Tingy and Minglan's love start. Almost 20 eps and their love is no where to be found. Left with around 63 eps umm :/. I feel like its too long

you feel like the show is to long? im not sure about that . 

1 minute ago, Wotad said:

you feel like the show is to long? im not sure about that . 

Oh no. I mean i feel like its taking to long for Gu Tingy and Minglan love to start

45 minutes ago, mrsyooknit said:

I believe starting this year the new gold standard is csm55. 

It took like half the book for that. I think it will be earlier in the drama but still a lot to go.

Ohhhh Looking forward to it. I hope it will be earlier in the drama

2 minutes ago, bulubulu said:

Oh no. I mean i feel like its taking to long for Gu Tingy and Minglan love to start

Gty has to go through bitter experience with manniang's deception and the death of his father. This experiences shaped him to be a better man that worthy of minglan. He transformed into a good person after listening to Minglan's advise after the death of his father. So, i guess several episodes will it takes to come to the starting point of relationship between gty ang minglan. 

9 minutes ago, leeza77 said:

Gty has to go through bitter experience with manniang's deception and the death of his father. This experiences shaped him to be a better man that worthy of minglan. He transformed into a good person after listening to Minglan's advise after the death of his father. So, i guess several episodes will it takes to come to the starting point of relationship between gty ang minglan. 

Oh i see. Gu Tingy was never a bad person tho?

7 minutes ago, bulubulu said:

Oh i see. Gu Tingy was never a bad person tho?

He is not a bad person, just a naughty one. Didn't think about his future. Just playing around. Rebellious against his father. The typical attitude of a young master with no responsibility. 

5 hours ago, hello210 said:

GTY’s stepmom and his mistress have the same tone of voice when they talk which for me is really annoying but it is also representative of their fake gentleness.

Well said @hello210.... Thanks for making. It’s of that. Once you said that I can clearly remember hearing speak in the same tone. It was good to see GTY has a better understanding of the Sheng sibling dynamics. QH is a sweet guy and thinks he can protect her but we all know he can’t do it because it isn’t his place or things will get even more difficult for her. ML tried in the simplest way to let him know that leaving her alon is the only way she can find peace. He still didn’t understand her. 

12 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

Well said @hello210.... Thanks for making. It’s of that. Once you said that I can clearly remember hearing speak in the same tone. It was good to see GTY has a better understanding of the Sheng sibling dynamics. QH is a sweet guy and thinks he can protect her but we all know he can’t do it because it isn’t his place or things will get even more difficult for her. ML tried in the simplest way to let him know that leaving her alon is the only way she can find peace. He still didn’t understand her. 

In the novel the family of QH fell out of favour from the royal family. So they need to marry off QH to an influential family. Thus, Minglan wasn't a suitable choice for QH. Plus grandma also advised Minglan that she will not be happy euth QH even if QH be able to place her as the main wife. 

Just now, leeza77 said:

In the novel the family of GQ fell out of favour to the royal family. So they need to marry off QH to an influential family. Thus, Minglan wasn't a suitable choice for QH. Plus grandma also advised Minglan that she will not be happy euth QH even if QH be able to place her as the main wife. 

@leeza77 ... Thanks for the info. Can you message me the link where I can read the novel please 

1 hour ago, bulubulu said:

Ohhhh Looking forward to it. I hope it will be earlier in the drama

Its the story of Ming Lan so its not just about the love but it will happen soon dont worry.

51 minutes ago, leeza77 said:

He is not a bad person, just a naughty one. Didn't think about his future. Just playing around. Rebellious against his father. The typical attitude of a young master with no responsibility. 

his father is trash so he should be a rebel against that. 

29 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

im not sure after episode 11 GH knew that GTY should not keep trying to talk.. he knows but sometimes he does not hes weird. 

15 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

@Wotad  It is weird , he sees how she refuses to talk or accept gifts but forget it all. I think because he likes her a lot , it just goes through one ear to another. Lol lol lol Let’s think of it as young love 

@leeza77  Thanks for the links :heart:

Minglan gives him a pair of knee pad and he takes it as a sign that minglan likes him. 

Archived