[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] The Story of Ming Lan 庶女明兰传 / 知否?知否?应是绿肥红瘦

Lynne

Spoiler

Yes, he knew and aware of manniang schemes and attitudes befire marrying ML. But for the sake of his 2 children (the son was sickly) , he brought manniang to his household after married to ML. He ignored her completely. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Happy New Year   Everyone ..im new in this thread but have been a member on soompi for a while love reading all your posts and spoilers im a sucker for spoilers I love being spoiled with spoilers it doesn't interfere with my viewing as I want to see the outcome with my eyes..lol 

Completly loving this series love the leads especially them being married in real life watching them fall in love in the series will be more special as the looks that they will give each other will be real love..

Anyway thanks for all the updates and discussion have a blessed 2019 everyone 

• Like 5

I

2 minutes ago, leeza77 said:

Yes, he knew and aware of manniang schemes and attitudes befire marrying ML. But for the sake of his 2 children (the son was sickly) , he brought manniang to his household after married to ML. He ignored her completely. 

It really doesn't matter for ML if GTY take MN to the house?

• Like 1

Spoiler

She is a practical person. Very grounded. So, it does not matter to her. Even Sheng family gifted gty with 2 maids as his concubines. But Gty has not touch them. Ignore them completely. 

1 hour ago, Meli Cahyadi said:

I

It really doesn't matter for ML if GTY take MN to the house?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, leeza77 said:

Came back and start his machinations to win ML as his wife. During that period, he started to investigate manniang and discover the truth. 

When he try to win over Minglan did he already discovered the truth about his mistress first? Or was it in the middle that he knows the truth while also try to win Minglan too? Why he wanna win Minglan? And when they did their marriage did Minglan like GTY too or she married him cus of his plan?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bulubulu said:

When he try to win over Minglan did he already discovered the truth about his mistress first? Or was it in the middle that he knows the truth while also try to win Minglan too? Why he wanna win Minglan? And when they did their marriage did Minglan like GTY too or she married him cus of his plan?

Spoiler

Yes, he already knew the truth about manniang when he decide to marry minglan. He try to win minglan because of her cleverness. And he knew the custom disallow him to marry her because of his higher status than minglan. The why he set up to marry rulan and when rulan was caught meeting with his sweetheart and ruin the family reputation , he offered to substitute rulan with minglan. At the time of marriage, minglan accepted Gty but didn't love or trust him. The love and trust came later. From the drama, i think the situation will be different. I like the drama better than the novel. In the novel, minglan was to jaded. Whilst in the drama, she was clever, assertive

1 hour ago, bulubulu said:

Lmfao we are asking so much questions. I was wondering that too

The custom. Maybe to lessen the burden of wife. Men were too passionate during the period. Lol. :lol:

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, leeza77 said:

Yes, he already knew the truth about manniang when he decide to marry minglan. He try to win minglan because of her cleverness. And he knew the custom disallow him to marry her because of his higher status than minglan. The why he set up to marry rulan and when rulan was caught meeting with his sweetheart and ruin the family reputation , he offered to substitute rulan with minglan. At the time of marriage, minglan accepted Gty but didn't love or trust him. The love and trust came later. From the drama, i think the situation will be different. I like the drama better than the novel. In the novel, minglan was to jaded. Whilst in the drama, she was clever, assertive. 

The custom. Maybe to lessen the burden of wife. Men were too passionate during the period. Lol. :lol:

I hope GTY already know how bad his mistress is before trying to win Minglan. I like the drama more than the novel too and from the little clips that i see here and there Minglan seem to like GTY before marrying him but i think after marriage she will love him and trust him more

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Meli Cahyadi said:

Why they gifted him the maids?

Probably to make up replacing a legitimate born daughter with a concubine born....or simply the Sheng mothers doesnt want ML to get complete attention from the Marquis. Afterall ML status will be accearated far above their other children..just my assumption:D 

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, leeza77 said:

Yes, he already knew the truth about manniang when he decide to marry minglan. He try to win minglan because of her cleverness. And he knew the custom disallow him to marry her because of his higher status than minglan. The why he set up to marry rulan and when rulan was caught meeting with his sweetheart and ruin the family reputation , he offered to substitute rulan with minglan. At the time of marriage, minglan accepted Gty but didn't love or trust him. The love and trust came later. From the drama, i think the situation will be different. I like the drama better than the novel. In the novel, minglan was to jaded. Whilst in the drama, she was clever, assertive. 

thanks so much about these amazing spoilers.from these spoilers i think that GTY isn`t actually a bad character from the start.but actually a sad one .he was deceived by that snake manniang and she uses his pities as a sword towards him.but i like that he `ll be smart and will discover that soon.and also by his family and father.

so.when will he discover that:lol:.in the upcoming eps.or still some long eps.Wanna see Blood:lol:

Edited by danatepe
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, jewelsc said:

Epi 16 was the most exciting (maybe bcos i'm seeing LY being so active for the 1st time in this drama). 

I remembered someone mentioned that she can't recall if this polo scene was in the novel and yet to me it's 1 of the best epi so far...i just find it funny how ML seemed to be such a docile girl and have never done any form of outdoor activities like riding a horse much less practising aiming and scoring and yet she's so perfect at it.  I mean even a sportsman has to practise to be perfect.

@jewelsc I agree Episode 16 is the most exciting episode that has aired aired so far. I had so much fun watching it. 

Spoiler

I am I the only one who isn’t feeling this young love that is trying to bloom between ML and QH. It’s cute but I prefer ML feisty and being her true self instead her being for calm and that sad face she is always wearing. 

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

@jewelsc I agree Episode 16 is the most exciting episode that has aired aired so far. I had so much fun watching it. 

Hide contents

I am I the only one who isn’t feeling this young love that is trying to bloom between ML and QH. It’s cute but I prefer ML feisty and being her true self instead her being for calm and that sad face she is always wearing. 

Spoiler

Im a fan of the young love and i do feel for QH just like i did for Fuheng, both made mistakes and both lost their first Love so i do feel for QH.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Wotad said:

Reveal hidden contents

Im a fan of the young love and i do feel for QH just like i did for Fuheng, both made mistakes and both lost their first Love so i do feel for QH.

@Wotad  

Spoiler

He does try real hard and I do want him find true happiness. I hope his character find someone to love and adore and vice versa. He respects her and she want a peaceful life . 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, UnniSarah said:

@Wotad  

Hide contents

He does try real hard and I do want him find true happiness. I hope his character find someone to love and adore and vice versa. He respects her and she want a peaceful life . 

Spoiler

I agree i hope he finds happniess as well i dont want him depressed ;p , changed my name btw did it update. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

Reveal hidden contents

Me too. QH is nice and naive. However  they don’t realtà suit. when it was said he failed because his essay lacked vigour and compared it to gty’s one,  the show underlined again after the inheritance debate the difference between gty and Qh. Minglan needs someone strong to protect her, let her be herself but also to overcome her walls.

• Like 7