Quantcast
Jump to content
angelangie

[Current Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] The Story of Ming Lan 庶女明兰传 / 知否?知否?应是绿肥红瘦

Recommended Posts

Spoiler

 

 

At the end of the trailer, GTY asked for amiable separation with ML. 

It seems like he doesn't want to drag her into the danger he's in. 

But what did ML said at the very end of the trailer?

Any chingus care to translate please?? 

 

  • Like 5
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, m0us3y said:
  Hide contents

 

Well said. 

And love doesn't always just happens. That's more infatuation. 

Love can bloom slowly, without them actually realising it. 

 

The fact they are happy shows there's affection between the 2. 

The understanding they have of each other, the side of themselves thats hidden from the world, yet they show each other...

The fact that he's willing to do so much, going the distance because he's not willing to see her live her life under a facade...under a mask...that's caring...

The fact that she believes in his character, an upright person and wouldn't hesitate to defend him with anyone, that's faith..

The admiration they have for each other: ML admires him for his bravery, his resolution, his determination. And GTY admires her foresight, her intelligence, her sensibility. 

 

The saddest thing for me was she's actually afraid because he's too nice to her, that she's happy. And her fate doesn't deserve that happiness. 

When they have been suffering in silence for so long, happiness could seem fleeting..and scary. Because it feels it would all come to an end. 

As damaged, lonely individuals, they both need to learn to embrace the love and happiness. And I believe that's what they could learn from each other. 

No one really knows when we start to fall in love with someone only to realize it until you have that passion/desire can’t live without or can’t stop thinking of that person or sometimes pain/jealousy....I believe GTY and ML is not in that stage yet. Otherwise that love and care can easily be described the same as a good brother and sister or best friend would have for each other.

I believe in their time especially for woman like ML they don’t have the luxury to think/hope about sentimental feelings/desires after all it’ll only cause sorrow. Every woman would learn to love their husband eventually. Of course not all can have that kind of love but they still can only be devoted to one man.

It proves to me though the fact that GTY went the distance to get her despite her status and ML became a willing party that they are willing to be with each other whether they realize their feelings sooner or later.

Since we know the kind of man GTY will be for ML, I’m more curious to see how her romantic feelings will develop for him. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/18/2019 at 4:54 PM, thelonetraveller_18 said:

When it comes to ML, he always sought to protect her and her reputation. Thus I honestly don’t think he would have forced ML to marry him if she’s was determined not to marry him.

I agree. In episode 39 at the polo grounds, before his one on one heartfelt proposal with ML, he asked first for permission to talk to her and said "I am not a person who pesters non-stop, I want to tell you my sincere words, if you still won't agree then I will not bother you anymore". And that is true of his personality. He backs up his words. During the whole courtship, he had been honest with her and she had never really told him no, even when she knew and told her what he did, even when she talked to grandma about it, rather she danced with him until that proposal in the park when she opened up all her fears about being his wife and he reassured her that he wil treat her as an equal. "What my rank is among men, will be yours among among women" and she said YES...

One of the best proposals and scenes

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, zenya22 said:

I agree. In episode 39 at the polo grounds, before his one on one heartfelt proposal with ML, he asked first for permission to talk to her and said "I am not a person who pesters non-stop, I want to tell you my sincere words, if you still won't agree then I will not bother you anymore". And that is true of his personality. He backs up his words. 

And that’s why ML fell for it. She doesn’t want a wishy washy man. Or a man who might forsake her in the future. She wants a man who shares the same values as hers. 

The incident with Dr. He was a good example of ML knowing what she wants. She waited to see what would happen and what his resolve would be and when she didn’t like it at first, it was easy for her to turn away... Even though she had thought about it and willing to accept Cao cousin as a concubine, what I really love that granny said to ML is that she doesn’t want ML to agree to her marriage arrangement just to be filial to her. Thus even though granny disapprove of GTY as long as ML is willing from the bottom of her heart granny will give way the same as she gave way for QH when he had the chance. Ultimately I believe granny had always given ML the final say to whom she will marry.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, dito said:

Basically it's the fault in the writing thats causing confusion and questions about CB's intelligence and knowledge of his sisters.

If they had stuck to the novel in this instance then this confusion wouldn't be happening. In the novel GTY sent the proposal through Hualan's husband and there was no question in their minds that it was RL he was asking for. But they can't do that in the drama since CB and GTY are such good friends.

Agreed. The confusion is mainly caused by changes in adaptation. Probably the director wanted to add some comedy elements in these scenes but the result was somewhat awkward. Actually in the novel GTY didn't mention which daughter, just Sheng's daughter, and Hualan's husband didn't clarify that either. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, leeza77 said:

We can see through cb's, he acted clumsily. Example he felt in front of gty house and again when he saw rulan and the sweetheart, he just didn't kn9w what to do.. Aiya aiya

He just can't handle conflict and excitement. He is  a scholar but nit necessarily a very deep person in thinking. And he might inherit the brain of the father but the perception of the mother. 

CB's clumsiness is added in the drama. The novel version CB is an intelligent, highly sensible and perceptive man with little humor. In the epilogue CB became prime minister. 

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, leeza77 said:

Thanks @leeza77.  Looks like this getting more and more exciting.  I can't wait for more episodes.  I have not been so addicted to good mainland dramas for such a long time now.  Last one was HQG, Shan Shan, Mystic 9 and Korean Jewel in the Palace.  

12 minutes ago, matrim said:

Agreed. The confusion is mainly caused by changes in adaptation. Probably the director wanted to add some comedy elements in these scenes but the result was somewhat awkward. Actually in the novel GTY didn't mention which daughter, just Sheng's daughter, and Hualan's husband didn't clarify that either. 

Which is why I did not read the novel, just watch the drama.  Enjoy the flow :) 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, m0us3y said:
  Reveal hidden contents

 

 

At the end of the trailer, GTY asked for amiable separation with ML. 

It seems like he doesn't want to drag her into the danger he's in. 

But what did ML said at the very end of the trailer?

Any chingus care to translate please?? 

 

Spoiler

At the end ML urged GTY to think carefully about amiable separation, because once it's done, there wouldn't be any turning back and ML wouldn't choose GTY again.

 

  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, frenchfan said:

Thanks @leeza77.  Looks like this getting more and more exciting.  I can't wait for more episodes.  I have not been so addicted to good mainland dramas for such a long time now.  Last one was HQG, Shan Shan, Mystic 9 and Korean Jewel in the Palace.  

Which is why I did not read the novel, just watch the drama.  Enjoy the flow :) 

I read the novel, but i don't mind with the changes. I read the novel bcoz of the drama. So, i will enjoy the drama and not to bergrudge the changes. And ml post marital is very domineering, cunning and scheming (eventhough i'm not really understand what were said. Just decipher the expression. 2 hours are not enough. 

  • Like 5
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, leeza77 said:

I read the novel, but i don't mind with the changes. I read the novel bcoz of the drama. So, i will enjoy the drama and not to bergrudge the changes. And ml post marital is very domineering, cunning and scheming (eventhough i'm not really understand what were said. Just decipher the expression. 2 hours are not enough. 

Some changes in the drama are great and interesting. For example in the novel QH is just a minor character but in the drama his plot line has become much more elaborate and complicated. While it did add depths and layers to the character, I fear it might develop into love triangle cliche (judging from some trailer preview).  

  • Like 7
  • LOL 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, matrim said:
  Reveal hidden contents

At the end ML urged GTY to think carefully about amiable separation, because once it's done, there wouldn't be any turning back and ML wouldn't choose GTY again.

 

Omo I love it when couples fight.. I am do waiting for their fight episodes... Finally they will fight.. But I like it that when they fight, GTY still helps ML.. Hahahahhaha this will be interesting 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, matrim said:

Some changes in the drama are great and interesting. For example in the novel QH is just a minor character but in the drama his plot line has become much more elaborate and complicated. While it did add depths and layers to the character, I fear it might develop into love triangle cliche (judging from some trailer preview).  

No it won't turn to a love triangle.. ML went to tell him to stop naming his kids after her and sh got so angry. GTY saw that but ML thought he was angry because he is jealous but knows better than that.. He was actually angry because he felt even though ML is comfortable with him and all, she has never truly showed her deep feelings to him.. So he is like, till now she is still just trying to fulfill her duty and be a good wife, not a lover.. So he got angry... I can't really wait for this scenes... QH doesn't have that privilege any more, they are just using him to make the ML and GTY have a fight so that they can bare their heart to each other 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Suzzy San said:

Omo I love it when couples fight.. I am do waiting for their fight episodes... Finally they will fight.. But I like it that when they fight, GTY still helps ML.. Hahahahhaha this will be interesting 

Curious to watch these episodes too, not because they fight but their alternative fate compared with the novel. In the novel GTY never had any trouble in his career and the focus of their married life was mainly about household conflicts with their relatives and between themselves. But in the trailer GTY was in jail and ML tried to rescue him by bringing the case before emperor. Drama ML was a more independent and stronger character. Interesting.

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ming Lan's father complained that she made her return to the maiden home such a grand fanfare.

 

Gu Ting Ye may be the oldest among the 3 son in law but in ranking in the Sheng household, he is the youngest son in law because Ming Lan rank 6th in the family.

 

Molan suffered another embarassment as her husband gained another daughter from an affair.

  • Like 9
  • Confused 2
  • LOL 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, matrim said:

Curious to watch these episodes too, not because they fight but their alternative fate compared with the novel. In the novel GTY never had any trouble in his career and the focus of their married life was mainly about household conflicts with their relatives and between themselves. But in the trailer GTY was in jail and ML tried to rescue him by bringing the case before emperor. Drama ML was a more independent and stronger character. Interesting.

I am curious too. I don’t really like the change about his career, I hoped he would be successful without drama but I am curious about the spin they will give to their relationship.

I am curious about their dynamic as a couple and ml’s actions. I wonder about qh’character too.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...