[Drama 2017] Strongest Deliveryman 최강배달꾼

Go Seung Ji

15 hours ago, hushhh said:

For me until Oh Jin-Gyu makes a choice that benefits someone while costing him something he won't achieves humanity.

Well said, but I suspect our current cliffhanger situation is about to confront him with the chance, and the need, to make just such a choice. Hye Ran has evicted Granny, with the intended knock-on effect of ruining KS's business and so forcing the other traders out of business, purely to justify giving JG a promotion that will make him a "worthy" son-in-law without enraging other, probably better qualified, contenders for that position within her company and while keeping the Board of Directors behind her. He either has to go along with that, or walk away. With Hye Ran, there's no room for negotiation or compromise, so he will have to come down on one side or the other.

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm enjoying this series...and glad that there are new acting talents - esp Kim Sum Ho who excels in his role. I can see him doing well in this industry and not surprised if he rises fast and furious in the next 2-3 years, a natural acting talent, as a charismatic rogue or handsome villain character; Go Won Hee is fabulous as the wilful rich girl who is endearing and yet not irritating. First time I take note of Chae Soo Bin - well casted as the tomboy strong girl. 

GKP - took some time to get use to seeing him as a neighbourhood delivery guy  (last time I saw him was in jealousy incarnate) . I first noticed him in Potato star or something and he is turning out to be versatile actor . Such boyish features. 

But who acted as GKP's noona who owns an app company ?  Is it Park Min Young? 

What's refreshing about this drama is that everyone has goals in their life that aren't centered around romance even though the love quadrangle is part of the plot. Kang-Soo is focused on his new deliveryman company and helping save Hanyang Seolleongtang. Dan-Ah has her goal of collecting enough money to leave the country (and studying English). Jin-Gyu is working hard on his mission to be a good manager of the (evil) Jung Family restaurant and Ji-Yoon's fiancé. Meanwhile, Ji-Yoon is learning to be independent... and also working on becoming Kang-Soo's girlfriend though he's essentially already taken... ... ...

:expressionless:

Okay, I take that back. Jin-Gyu and Ji-Yoon have goals that are more traditionally Kdrama romance-type goals, but at least, it doesn't go the typical Kdrama way. Jin-Gyu is romancing Ji-Yoon is this really comedic and awkward fake way while really, he's becoming her friend. He listens to her problems and even brings her a drink now to go with her lunch! It's so funny how he leaves while casually announcing that he's going to see her father to ask for her hand in marriage. Ji-Yoon challenging Dan-Ah to a fight was also silly. Even better, both girls left on generally good terms. There's no evil love scheming or backstabbing. It's also nice that while Dan-Ah does get jealous of the girls around Kang-Soo, she doesn't make that big a fuss about it. She understands that he's a nice guy and helps lots of people (including girls) and that his romantic feelings are reserved for her. The drama is developing the Kang-Soo/Dan-Ah relationship really well. Also, thank you thank you thank you drama stylists for cutting Kang-Soo's hair.

Both Ji-Yoon and Jin-Gyu are essentially experiencing their first romantic feelings for someone. Unfortunately, it's unrequited. Awww... isn't nice that they can talk about it with each other? At least they're learning. Ji-Yoon worked up the courage to ask Kang-Soo straight out if he liked Dan-Ah. Now she just has to learn how to deal with the fact that he doesn't like her in that way. Jin-Gyu said he never bought a gift for a girl-- he just gave her his credit card. He took the time to pick out a thoughtful and useful gift for Dan-Ah. She rejected it but still, progress!

We'll see how far Jin-Gyu has progressed as a decent human being in the next episodes with how he reacts to the whole Hanyang Seolleongtang eviction. I hope he steps up. He said that he found the restaurant managing work more exciting than racing. I think Jin-Gyu enjoys the competition. It's like he's racing against Hanyang and he wants to win on his own ability. This move that Ji-Yoon's mom made... it's cheating. Hopefully, Jin-Gyu recognizes that.

BTW,

8 hours ago, inner said:

But who acted as GKP's noona who owns an app company ?  Is it Park Min Young?

I think it was mentioned earlier in the thread, but that's Lee Yu Ri-- most recently seen on the delightful weekend drama Father is Strange.

52 minutes ago, Yongzura said:

I guess the title will be more appropriate if it is "Look at me" ...

Indeed. If I didn't understand Korean, I'd have assumed that this was Dana's "English" way of going back on her earlier resolve and asking JG to chuck loads of cash her way.

Alas, the lyric turns out to be just the usual Feeble Female stuff

I've no idea how long I'll keep looking your way

and crying useless tears.

That's how stupid I am.

Any chance you'll come back to me?

Are you sure you won't regret this?

Though I know it really is all over,

I haven't erased you from my heart.

When you look at me, do you really not feel anything?

Isn't there the slightest chance of us meeting up again?

Can you really not come back?

I guess that really is ruled out.

I suppose I've got to erase a guy

who turned his back on me and left.

When you look at me, do you really not feel anything?

Isn't there the slightest chance of us meeting up again?

Please, please come back,

Come back to my side.

Please love me once more.

Look at me, can't you sense the way I'm feeling?

Isn't there the slightest chance we might love again?

Can you really not love me once more?

I suppose crooning stuff like that might be a cunning way of making sure the jerk doesn't come back, but feels guilty about leaving. Cheaper than buying him a pair of training shoes at any rate.

EDIT. NO! I wasn't trying to give those lyrics look like some sort of fancy layout.  They came out like that because soompi has YET AGAIN messed about with the site software without testing the changes properly. After previous debacles that cheesed off thousands or regular users by messing up their posts, you'd think they'd be a little more careful.

Just to say that after looking further into the ghastly mess the soompi management have made of this latest site update and, above all, their cavalier response to all the problems it has raised for so many users (even though most of those users seem to treat it in the same way that feeble female personas in the sort of Kpop lyrics i just now translated respond so fawningly to  the guys who dump them) I won't be  posting any more.  Thank you to everyone in this thread who has made it so interesting and I hope you enjoy this fine drama through to the end.

3 hours ago, baduy said:

Just to say that after looking further into the ghastly mess the soompi management have made of this latest site update and, above all, their cavalier response to all the problems it has raised for so many users (even though most of those users seem to treat it in the same way that feeble female personas in the sort of Kpop lyrics i just now translated respond so fawningly to  the guys who dump them) I won't be  posting any more.  Thank you to everyone in this thread who has made it so interesting and I hope you enjoy this fine drama through to the end.

Ah, @baduy, I get it, but I'm bummed out.

Couldn't you pleeeeeeease make your decisive departure at the end of the series.

Something akin to this.  That's me running after you.

tumblr_mux9bu5i231sr1ki0o7_500.gif

or maybe this. 

Spoiler

or perhaps

Spoiler

Don't read, just watch.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-27801-1381510497-0.

diva-eliz-mont-bewitched-gif-251.gif

However appropriate your exit will be, I wish you would delay it. Please.

Is part of the problem that embedded images and links aren't working.  Because I really worked hard on my entreaty and it came to naught. 

Hello... I backread this thread, I watched live until ep 4, and then I went out town for 3 weeks, now I marathon watched until ep 9 and can't help to join here. I forgot maybe I already post comment here before :tongue: 

I fall in love with Mr.Dimples too :wub: I really love those bickering with JY. And JG actually have a good heart, have some compassion in his heart, he failed to sell JY's bag in a good price :lol: I really interested with this pairing. But I really hope JG won't be a bad guy, I hope in the end JG and KS will achieve success

I felt KS and DA relationship is a little bit too rushed as other mentions here, but I know they are the OTP. 

I don't know why but I don't really like KS to be the "righteous" person, the writing plot is too forced, when he want JG to be arrested (yes JG is wrong, but bother 300 friend to catch JG) and when he jeopardize his friend's job to help HS's grandma. Yes I know, in the end, he help his friend. But is it right to make a double job? From the employer side, someone doing a double job is very bad, the employee will be too tired, and sick, can have an accident because lack of sleep etc and the employer will have to pay insurance etc. he is righteous only when it comes to helping his best friend but not thinking about his other friend losing their job. If the story is KS helping his brother, I'm not complaining, I can understand everyone would do everything for their family :) I only talk about his character, not GKP. I love GKP :)

And I love tough girl, but yes sometime seeing DA use to many violence, makes me sad, being tough doesn't mean have to fight physically, but okay I will see it as a humorous side of this drama :)

But the scene stealer definitely is Soon Ae. I watched several of her drama, and I like her because she is pretty and elegant. But in this drama, her character definitely is unique one, and I am so interested with her character. I want to know her backstory with chef :D

My fave is Soon Ae with Chef, JG and JY :D JG really steal my heart, this is my first time watching his drama. Maybe this is my first time I love the story for second lead better, and my first time agreeing male second lead with female second lead LOL Usually I'm having bad SLS, love male second lead with female lead :(

Btw, I'm glad ramen hair is gone :lol:

2 hours ago, triplem said:

Hi chingu. Welcome back ! It's great to have differing ideas and I can see where you are coming from. With regards to rallying the 300 friends, i see it as the writers way of showing us that it is possible for change or for justice to be served , even if one has no wealth and connections. In some ways it's hope for the "little people", especially in countries like SK and even where I'm from, where it seems that money and cronyism tend to win all the time.  As to helping grandma , it was perhaps not the most well thought idea, but the intention was good though.  I see it as a plot device or catalyst  to force KS and the boys to come up with this delivery service business.

Happy watching and looking forward to reading you here.

Hi thank you so much for your warm welcome :heart:

Yes I agree with your point of view from the writer, I am just a little bothered with double job story, because in real life it is a big problem, except it is a part time job, it is okay to take two part time job. but I don't know, maybe it is normal at SK :)

I can't wait for tonight episode, see you later B)

Annyeong chingguuus!!

I just finished watching the latest episode (10), I told myself that I'd wait for another 3 episodes before continuing on Episode 9, but I couldn't help it!! I just miss how my heart flutters every time Kang Soo smiles!!!! I ALSO LOVE THE PROGRESS IN KANG SOO AND DAN AH'S RELATIONSHIP!! (A reason for me not to ship Dan Ah with JG yay :D), can't help but squeal at their cute moments together!!! If only I could be a part of this drama :lol: I also admire JG for being so eager to be a decent human being, he inspires me. The actor's really good in portraying JG's character! All in all, this drama never gave me a dragging feeling since the first episode. It's wonderful how they balance the thrill and romance here, it doesn't just make our hearts flutter, but it also inspires us to be a better person from a world full of greed. It inspires me in so many ways, I can't think of any words to describe how much I love each character!!

Archived