[Drama 2017] Strongest Deliveryman 최강배달꾼

Go Seung Ji

I can't decide if it is too soon for for the strongmen to win. I wonder if they will lose and the other side will be caught cheating and they will snatch victory from the jaws of Jung Family Foods. 

Two full episode of smooth sailing is a lot. Yet there is the issue of Hyun Soo and the mystery of why Kang-Soo's mother absconded.

Okay, fully on team Oh Jin-Gyu, the guy rescued himself from a life of subjugation  and found a husband who will provide for him, or help him become Emperor if he wants. Ji-Yoon, might be cute but she is formidable. @baduy said that before he withdrew from the forum. Ji-Yoon is probably as formidable as her mom. I'm convinced that Ji-Yoon's dad knows that Jin-Gyu is living with her.  The hogtying of Jin-Gyu was problematic. Isn't keeping someone tied in a non-consensual stress position for an extended period of time a torture technique, even if the holder of the scissor is cute and girly. 

Kang-Soo is still the best mix of decency, compassion, and rectitude with a dash of playful sexy. Loving the character.

Dan-Ah has stepped away from the bland, although she is no Ji-Yoon or Kang-Soo she is more interesting than she used to be. I suspect that her perspective that the average non-connected South Korean can't get ahead, no matter how bright  they are or how hard they work is probably not unique to her.

Love Dong-Soo's perseverance. It isn't stalker creepy because Soon-Ae has the option of leaving but chooses to stay. I suspect  half of the reason she stays is to punish Dong-Soo for making a wrong choice.

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, triplem said:

@hushhh I agree that  sometimes it seems so unrealistic how things can all work out so well, and I'm wondering if something bad will happen. Did you notice the look that Dana gave Min Chan when KS said that everyone got their pay? I wondering if that supposed investor is him? Did he borrow more money on his own name or used his savings? he refused to say who it was that put in the additional capital.

Do you remember what was the back story to Soo Ae and Dong Soo? 

I missed three episode near the beginning and didn't backtrack.

I don't remember that we got Soo-Ae and Dong -Soo's story together, but I suspect they are connected.

As best I remember:

Soo-Ae came from money, she married who her father wanted her to marry.  Her ex-husband who was with Capitalist Jung manufactured evidence that she committed adultery. As a result they divorced, Soo-Ae's dad disinherited her and her ex-husband got her family's money.

I assume Dong-Soo went to prison for a while, gave up being a gangster for Soo-Ae, and Soo-Ae can't forgive him for "something"

I suspect that they were "lovers" to an extent before she married. She wanted to marry him, Dong-Soo wouldn't marry her because she was of a higher social class and respectable and he assumed he wasn't good enough for her. So Soo-Ae went along  with her father's plan and got burned. I also suspect that her husband used Dong-Soo and Soo-Ae's past relationship to frame her for adultery

On 9/6/2017 at 3:54 PM, baduy said:

Just to say that after looking further into the ghastly mess the soompi management have made of this latest site update and, above all, their cavalier response to all the problems it has raised for so many users (even though most of those users seem to treat it in the same way that feeble female personas in the sort of Kpop lyrics i just now translated respond so fawningly to  the guys who dump them) I won't be  posting any more.  Thank you to everyone in this thread who has made it so interesting and I hope you enjoy this fine drama through to the end.

Ah, @baduy, I get it, but I'm bummed out.

Couldn't you pleeeeeeease make your decisive departure at the end of the series.

Something akin to this.  That's me running after you.

tumblr_mux9bu5i231sr1ki0o7_500.gif

or maybe this. 

or perhaps

Spoiler

Don't read, just watch.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-27801-1381510497-0.

diva-eliz-mont-bewitched-gif-251.gif

However appropriate your exit will be, I wish you would delay it. Please.

Finally I have time to watched the latest episode. I love JG join KS and help KS. He takes a right path. JG and JY such a scene stealer, they both cute together, and love their interaction at bed, JY love teasing JG :lol: how can JG sleep curling at bed because JY tie his hand and feet :tongue: but I wonder JY mother won't allow their relationship, and will JG father accept JG as his son?

I'm still wondering about SA and DS relationship in the past

I still curious about KS mother... she seems not an evil mother, but I hate when she dragged HS in front of KS. How can she do that in front of KS, KS must be hurt because it looks like his mother chose HS over KS. why his mother don't want to mend her relationship with his son?? arrghh.... poor KS

I wish DA can comfort her best friend YJ, and not scolding her :mellow: but I guess Min Chan will comfort her :D

Finally DA said love to KS, so she doesn't want to emigrate, right? But GKP seems too shy for kissing scene :wink:

Sooo glad I started watching this drama, I enjoy it a lot!! This drama has good message to young people with its optimism and positivity story of some characters , especially Kang-Soo.

I also love ALL the couples here, all of them! but I personally love Dan-Ah and Kang-Soo relationship more because they have all the basic that a relationship needs. There's something genuine and natural about their relationship. It's actually refreshing to see them talk and actually communicate. They're honest with each other, very supportive, always lift each other up, they're working toward a goal and dream together, they learn to understand and let go of mistakes, weathering the storm together. This is what I'm looking for a couple which is very rare in kdrama now. They have some sweet moments but not overly showing gesture of love to show romance. And when Dan-Ah finally said "I love you" to Kang-Soo, it totally grabbed me by the heart. It felt so good.

Ok, I did not understand anything but my heart sank when I saw DA sob. I hope that the show would give us a happy ending.:confounded:

PS: I'm new to the thread but I have been watching this show from the very beginning and I can say that this show is one of my feel good, light-hearted dramas that I can certainly watch anytime. 

On 9/20/2017 at 1:53 PM, cherrycokez said:

Yea I'm totally shock his friend do that, I didn't expect it all. I wonder why DA decide to emigrate? Or maybe I'm wrong, I don't understand Korean :lol: maybe there is another reason why DA crying

I don't speak Korean so I don't know what is happening in the preview of 15, but I was expecting his home town friend to pull something.  For a moment I thought he would betray him to Jung Family Food.  I'm not sure what happened but that doesn't seem to be it.

Here is why I expected the home town friend to go against Kang Soo once Jin Gyu joined the Deliverymen.

1) Home town friend is loyal to Kang Soo, BUT he is also loyal and VERY PROTECTIVE OF Hyun Soo.  He was on the verge of committing mayhem to avenge Hyun Soo being put in a coma.

2)Home town friend does not know what is happening with Kang Soo and Hyun Soo. From HTF perspective Kang Soo keeps rejecting and hurting Hyun Soo without reason or explanation.

3) To HTF Kang Soo seems to have chosen Jin Gyu over Hyun Soo.  Jin Gyu who is a rich uncaring bastard whose careless disregard for the rules made Hyun Soon suffer and who worked with the Snake who put Grandma out of business.  He may be Kang Soo's friend but he is not down with the forgive all and embrace all.

4) So I suspect that his action, if he really betrayed Kang Soo, is more about avenging Hyun Soo than it is about profiting for himself

Archived