[Drama 2017] Sweet Enemy / Sweet revenge, 달콤한 원수

0ly40

3 hours ago, mel22 said:

@euraka  This is what google translate says:  :blush:

The moon threatens with a stabbing knife when he hits his hand and sends a warning to Senna. Senna divides the heart of the moon and says, "I have a chance to come back to my favor, but I'm turned away. The moon takes care of the young man with carefulness, and Sunhee is worried that the moon, who likes to grow up, will be hurt without knowing that he is a brother or sister. Cho Byeong-soo, who escaped to foreign countries, appears in front of Kumseok, and Iran is going to bring him to the hospital immediately.

Hahaha Too ridiculously amusing. :lol: I wonder why they didn't come out with a proper preview today. :mellow:

It looks like it says to me... that DN threatens to stab SN with the knife for getting JW hurt, but lets SN know perhaps that she will make SN pay for what she has done. SN goes running off to SH (to taunt him I bet) thinking that DN will never return his feelings and likes JW since she is taking care of him and tells SH he has a chance to come back to be with her since he will not have DN's heart (LMAO, totally nuts SN, not going to happen even if he never gains DN's love). DN takes care of JW after he has his hand hurt and Soon Hee is worried that DN likes JW  and that JW/DN will end up broken hearted/ hurt  since Soon Hee knows that they are step brother and sister (or when DN find out they are step brother and sister). BS returns to Korea and goes to see GS and YR finds out and wants him found.

@awsparkle does a better job of figuring out the trans and perhaps can confirm if what I see is correct or close unless a Korean speaker/reader can confirm..

**Translation is based on my interpretation..**

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Episode 90! We've conquered three quarter of this journey! May we all be together till the end! :D

I was surprised there was no preview but based on the translation given above (thank you!), seems like the possibility of Dalnim liking Jaewook might be true.

-------

Sena crying in Sunho's room is creepy. Just plain creepy. Thank you Boknam for kicking her out and calling her a wench. :)

I don't know if the writer overlooked it, but to have Jaewook an accidental hand touch scene with Dalnim with his right hand, invoking his feelings and then only to have the same hand badly injured while protecting her in the same episode? So weird. :blink:

Soonhee finally knows the identity of Dalnim's biological mother.

pUe0ZKb.jpg

:)

And that Dalnim/Sunho handshake again! Seems like with every handshake between both of them, Dalnim transforms through a wardrobe change and a different look. Haha! :lol:

And Hyeri's back! Now she's officially a new person and in Sunho's development team, along with Dalnim for the 3 month project period.

giphy.gif

:)

2 episodes back I was doubtful when Sena claimed that she'll see Sunho as her enemy and I was right. The feelings she had is still there. Obsession like hers doesn't disappear overnight. Her confide session with her mom proves it all. She revealed that all she wanted was Sunho, not Choigo Foods but things doesn't seem to go her way. Now, I'm starting to feel that Yookyung's responsibility as a mother is one of the main reasons for her children's flaws/sins. Like how she always insist on Sekang marrying into a wealthy family, she now doesn't try to stop Sena's obsession from further ruining her. Instead, she influenced her daughter to become the owner of Choigo Foods and also gave false hope to her that Sunho will eventually be hers. *shake head* I never understood how Yookyung's way of mind works from the first episode till now. It's just way too... distorted. And then she passes them down to her children. :mellow:

Sekang's effort to get back with Ruby... *shake head & facepalm*

I have no words for the following scene:

giphy.gif

That cliffhanger tho :rolleyes:

-------

Happy weekend! :glasses:

4 hours ago, dynamo14 said:

Episode 90! We've conquered three quarter of this journey! May we all be together till the end! :D

I was surprised there was no preview but based on the translation given above (thank you!), seems like the possibility of Dalnim liking Jaewook might be true.

Now, I'm starting to feel that Yookyung's responsibility as a mother is one of the main reasons for her children's flaws/sins. Like how she always insist on Sekang marrying into a wealthy family, she now doesn't try to stop Sena's obsession from further ruining her. Instead, she influenced her daughter to become the owner of Choigo Foods and also gave false hope to her that Sunho will eventually be hers. *shake head* I never understood how Yookyung's way of mind works from the first episode till now. It's just way too... distorted. And then she passes them down to her children. :mellow:

Sorry to cut your post..

I think its SN wishing for it to be true that DN likes JW. SN was the one going around telling that JW likes DN and gave her a ring. DN really never mentioned anything about it. SN will see DN taking care of JW and jump to the conclusion that DN must like JW as well. She forgets that DN is the step sister and she knows that SH knows this as he told her or she thinks by telling SH that DN must like JW to take care of him it will make SH want to turn to her. SN fails to see that even if DN is not in the picture SH will never come back to her. After all she has done to try to make him come to her even if he is kicked out after three months he will never bow down, kneel down or beg her to take him back. All she is doing is again showing the man that she is obsessed and will not let go. When she is rejected again she will plot to ruin the project. It makes me laugh whenever she says that she has put personal feelings aside for business when she has never done that. SH has told her over and over to do just that but SN runs on emotions and she reacts and does things based on those feelings of anger, pain, rejection and hurt..

YK is the root of her children turning out the way they have. SK will end up loosing that career and marriage to the rich family. He will not have the chance to be with this baby after they tossed away the first baby. SK is just as deluded and selfish just like SN and it all comes from YK. Her greed and need to be above her station has made her turn her children into, lying, stealing, murdering criminals who do not care who they hurt as long as they get what they want and by proxy she gets what she wants. YK was very jealous of YR you can tell that and she fostered that jealousy in her daughter and ruined her sons life by pushing to be more than they are. There is nothing wrong with wanting to move up but stealing from others to achieve that goal never turns out the way you want it to. Especially when you harm others and then try to cover up the crimes. The conversation YK had with SN after she was kicked out of SH's house well you can tell she is the one to feed SN's crazy and she is the one that will set her on the path to kill again and this time it will be DN  as she blames DN for stealing SH when we all know that is not true. I don't think YK realizes how much damage she has done to her children until she either has one on the run and the other in jail or she looses one.

SN needed the object lesson above from DN. As DN told her she has gotten away with a lot of her crimes and she still continues to do wrong, cause people to be hurt and then run and hide while denying her part in things. DN scaring the heck out of SN was a warning that she is not a. safe as she thinks she is. b. can't be harmed as SN likes to run her mouth to say (stocks will not protect you from a knife wound) and c. no one is going to stand around anymore and let her get away with causing others to be harmed by her selfish and thieving actions. If SN had not gone into that lab to spy on what they were doing for the project she never would have been caught red handed. If she had put that meat down instead of struggling with DN the glass would never have broken. If SN had not pushed DN then JW would have never ran in to help her saving her from being cut badly and ending up cut badly himself. It may have been an accident but the root cause was SN being somewhere and doing something she had not business doing. From Now on I hope that they decide to lock that door and arm it along with putting in camera's in the hall and the lab with night vision. SN is not done by a long shot. She will again try because she will hate that DN scared the mess out of her with that knife when she thought she was a big fish just because she has those stocks.

SN and her family have done so much dirt that they can never go back anymore. It all started when she pushed JH. IF she had owned up to it it would have been ruled an accident. Instead they framed another person and hid it and then went ahead and killed JH to keep her from telling who really pushed her. From that point on there is no going back and they will either have to die or rot in jail for the rest of their lives.

@Ldy Gmerm

Your summary of the written preview is pretty much how I understood it. 

@euraka

Someone may be able to provide a better translation but this is what I'm getting. 

DN threatens SN with a cutting knife due to JW cutting his hand and gives SN a warning. SN takes DN's actions as JW being in the mind and heart of DN. SH will never be accepted by DN and it's a chance for him to return to her but SH turns away. 

Soon-Hee watching DN taking special care of JW thinks DN likes JW. She becomes worried about the fact DN does not know they are brother and sister. 

BS who escaped to another country shows up in front of GS and YR wants to immediately catch him.

5 hours ago, awsparkle said:

@Ldy Gmerm

Your summary of the written preview is pretty much how I understood it. 

@euraka

Someone may be able to provide a better translation but this is what I'm getting. 

DN threatens SN with a cutting knife due to JW cutting his hand and gives SN a warning. SN takes DN's actions as JW being in the mind and heart of DN. SH will never be accepted by DN and it's a chance for him to return to her but SH turns away. 

Soon-Hee watching DN taking special care of JW thinks DN likes JW. She becomes worried about the fact DN does not know they are brother and sister. 

BS who escaped to another country shows up in front of GS and YR wants to immediately catch him.

@awsparkle  thanks dear you just made my day , i am sure DN has no feelings towards JW but gratitude and guilt that he was hurt instead of her 

Greetings, Chingu...

Wanting to chime in about episode 90...  I loved the "reveal" of Yoon as DN's biological mom.  I was dreading another hysterical outburst by Mrs. Oh and again had tears in my eyes as I watched the scene especially when she thanked Yoon for the joy DN brought into her and her husband's lives.  Talk about not preventing evil from happening but bringing good out of evil...  And watching Yoon watch DN and JW in the kitchen, I'm really thinking Yoon may remove herself from his family register so they can be together...

For everything else, I think its too early...  I want to see Ruby divorce SK but this wishy-washyness whenever she sees him has me thinking this may not happen... and for any SH/DN shippers out there... as long as they are together, there's no hope for SH/DN.  And while I don't really care if they do or don't get together, I do care that SK gets blessed with a child that will forever tie him to a woman he loves and her wealthy family meaning for the child's sake they have to cover up his crimes of covering up or being complicit in the crimes of his mother and sister.  Especially when he didn't care about the child DN lost while he was out romancing Ruby.  For there to be justice and order in the universe, the Hongs must completely lose everything, including their freedom.

I am on the edge of my chair waiting for DN to reveal to SN that SHE is the owner of CFs.  If anybody can explain the difference to me, I'd be grateful.  DN is the "owner", SN is the "major share-holder" (this I don't understand since the major share-holder is usually the owner), Hyun is the CEO and SH is the President...  It seems to me that if SN is the major share-holder, that means she controls the Board of Directors and that means she can use that to keep DN out of the company including breaking it up and selling it off either in pieces or altogether.  I'm thinking SH's Dad and DN will manage to convince the employees to support them and they end up overturning the Board and that this is why Cha divested her shares among the employees.  But then, SN is still the major share-holder, so no matter how many shares DN cobbles together, its still not enough to counter SN so it seems, to me anyway, like its a case of "game over" before it begins.  Even putting SN in jail for JH's murder will only remove her from actively participating in CF management, she's still major share-holder unless she sells off those shares and Yoon or Cha buys them.  

As you can see, I spend too much time thinking about this drama...  Anyway, Chingu, have a great weekend and we'll meet here again tomorrow night!  :heart:

18 minutes ago, Chickpea said:

But then, SN is still the major share-holder, so no matter how many shares DN cobbles together, its still not enough to counter SN so it seems, to me anyway, like its a case of "game over" before it begins. 

Not if the SNake has explain away ending up with Yiran's shares after giving Yiran 3 million that was embezzled from CF.  

@Chickpea

In Choi foods right now no one person owns the company. The company owners are the shareholders. The shareholders elect the Board of Directors. They elect the Chairman of the Board CEO and President. The CEO is the highest ranking officer of the company. Choi Food was structured CEO.(KB) Chairperson/ President (Madame Cha). Madame Cha stepped down from her position and KB was voted out by the board and replaced by Hyun as CEO. SN does not hold an executive position in the company but being a major shareholder she's able to control the CEO and the Board of Directors. SH is a Managing Director who reports to the CEO who in turn reports to the Board of Directors. 

Madame Cha gave DN some shares and the employees received the rest.. She distributed the shares among the employee by years of service. The more years you have in the company the more shares you received. SN was counting her chickens too fast with her delusions of becoming the owner of the company. She doesn't know yet about  Madame Cha distributing her shares to the employees and DN. Members of the Choi family still own shares. I think it's Ruby KB SH and maybe his mother. Then there's the other shareholders outside the family and company. 

At a shareholders meeting the majority of share votes depends on who will run the company.  SN is a major shareholder but that only means she's the one owner of a certain amount of shares. The other shares out there belong to more then one person. Right now the turn coat board members lobbied the outside shares holders to their side for when the shareholders meeting is held. 

As for the patent it was what built the company and made it successful. DN is now the owner of the patent. Legally without DN's approval they can't use the techniques of the patent without her permission. Madame Cha was a smart cookie in her move of giving DN shares and the patent. SN is a major shareholder but DN holds the keys to the kingdom. Without that patent the company will suffer a big loss. 

SN only has shares and no money. If she's placed in a tight spot the only thing she has of value are those shares. I think she's going to have to start selling them or the tables will turn and she's made to give them back to YR. SN is leading to group of outside shareholders. There had to be some promises made to get these people on their side for now. All these people want is for their investment to grow and line their pockets. If SN is outed as the recipe leak she and Hyun would look bad to the other shareholders. A lot of money was loss because of that leak. Add on the embezzlement would make SN look even worst. She not only cost the company money she also stole money. 

Greetings!!

So, who else found it interesting that the ending scene had the DN and SH facing each other with a tree between. This scene reminded me of someone's wonderful analysis of the scenes between DN and JW.

I'll be waiting for your analysis of the DN and SH!

cheers!

@finebyme, I just watched episode 91 raw.....my take on that last scene between DN and SH is that she was rejecting him......he looked so down and sad!  Earlier, after that scene with JW where he held her hands, she ran to her room, and it seemed as though her heart was fluttering.  Seems like the writer is promoting a DN/JW relationship.....which makes sense, as we are nearing the end of the drama, and DN/SH are still not together.  I hate seeing SH so sad, his handsome face needs to be smiling!!!! 

Still waiting for the subs of Ep 91 but am already skipping with joy over what I saw. Am among the few JW+DN hopefuls here, so please bear with me. :D

@auntyem If the number of the scenes and continuous interactions between JW+DN is any indication, I  also think the writer is promoting a JW+DN relationship. In my mind, theirs is a less complicated situation than one with SH. JW+DN only need to overcome the seeming taboo of a relationship between step siblings. On the other hand, SH+DN face the matter of JaeHee being DN’s sister, DN being the ex-fiance of his uncle-in-law SK, Grandma feeling responsible for DNdad’s death and theft of his meat-aging technique and of course, the strong objection of SH’s mom to their possible coupling. 

The preview looks very interesting. Looks like SK will be hospitalized due to serious injuries (?) and DN+JW will go on another date.  Can’t wait for today’s subs and tomorrow’s episode. 

1 hour ago, mel22 said:

JW+DN only need to overcome the seeming taboo of a relationship between step

Well, it is possible, so long as DN remains SEUNG HEE's daughter. Because they are legally NOT step siblings. Then YR can get he right daughter back as her daughter in law, like what happen in A. MIDNIGHT SUN. 

Just how strong could a JW and DN relationship be if it is based on deceit by JW.  No matter how you slice it, JW knows that DN is his sister's sister and in Kdramaland that is a familial relationship.  Marrying your sister's sister was not well received when it was done in Dear Heaven.

It's Monday again and seems like the writer is keen on starting each week with a strong dose of emotions on us viewers. If last week I was stressed out, this week [ep 91] I'm feeling sad. Like super sad for Sunho. :unsure:

So I was right, Dalnim do have feelings for Jaewook - she started to be aware of it in this episode. I mean she even rejected Sunho at the end of this episode by giving Jaewook as the reason.

So are we restarting this relationship again? I thought it was just a short summer romance escapade for these two...

xeADdZU.jpg

Dalnim needs to know the truth now! *insert clap hands emoji in between each words*

I have nothing against these two (I find their interactions cute even). It's just that I find whenever people start building a relationship with deceit or lies as part of its foundation, it will eventually shake and crumble one day. A good example is Sekang/Ruby's case.

I'm sharing the same sentiments as Soonhee here. Tell Dalnim the truth now and then let her decide what to do next.

Go Kobong! Seize the opportunity and be the star that you've dreamt of! :lol: Eunjung was sweet to support her husband - first time I'm seeing her supporting her husband with full determination. That was endearing. :)

giphy.gif

:tongue:

Now, Sunho's conversation with Jaewook was full of hope and determination. Live life as the best tree for Dalnim! No regrets! And then only to be rejected by her moments later... :(

It is just unfortunate timing I guess. What Hyeri said was true, which is why I'm not mad that Dalnim chose to reject Sunho. In her heart, Dalnim had chosen Jaewook. So Dalnim was actually being considerate to Sunho.

giphy.gif

Someone requested an analysis of this scene? @finebyme, I volunteer to be the tribute! Hehe... B)

Metaphor time! :D Last week, Sunho used a tree to metaphorically describe himself to Dalnim during his confession. Like a tree, he would like to be someone she could lean on and provide shelter for. Dalnim remembered that because she repeated what he said in her rejection. Now looking at the final scene above, I was wondering why Dalnim was waiting for Sunho under a tree, standing. There are so many empty benches around. Haha! :lol:

I thought of the tree between them as Jaewook (come on, he's tall, like a tree, get it? :D) also because he's the reason why Dalnim is rejecting Sunho therefore the tree shown between them can be seen as a barrier, seeing how these two doesn't share the same feelings for one another. But also on another note though, notice the camera panning downwards? Imagine we are leaves falling from a tree. Leaves representing Sunho's hope to win over Dalnim. Leaves representing Sunho's will to shield and protect Dalnim who is standing under the tree from the scorching sun and rain. As we and Sunho absorb Dalnim's rejection, we (the leaves) are falling from the cloud nine (the tree branches) and heading slowly to the ground where Sunho's hope and purpose for Dalnim may eventually dry up and die. So sad. :unsure: Anyway, if you still want to focus on the tree dividing them, it's just like showing the two of them standing in different worlds. The tree can represent the door to Sunho's world (you know, like that magical Doraemon's door). All Dalnim have to do to accept him is walk towards him and both of them will be on the same side of the tree (aka both in the same world). Since Dalnim is rejecting him, the door is left in between them. Haha! :lol:

Hope you're able to understand since my imagination sometimes tends to go off on a tangent. Hehe. :D

So will Sunho the tree will continue to be Dalnim's tree? Or will he be a tree for someone else? (definitely not for Sena - nah, uh) Or worst, will he wilt and die? We'll see in the upcoming episodes... B)

1 hour ago, finebyme said:

No way SK DIED, must be a ruse to get Ruby to relent 

It's the same thing some of us who watch live together think. That family will do anything to get what they want. If SK was willing to frame his pregnant girlfriend for murder to marry Ruby he's capable of anything to keep her. Ruby needs a good hard knock of side the head and too walk in DN's shoes in order for her to completely wake up. The shock of finding out it all was a ruse should do it along with having a miscarriage. 

From the written preview

Ruby runs to the hospital after hearing SK was in a car accident. She wants to reunite with SK but Madame Cha opposes so Ruby leaves the house. 

14 hours ago, carlemyers said:

Just how strong could a JW and DN relationship be if it is based on deceit by JW.  No matter how you slice it, JW knows that DN is his sister's sister and in Kdramaland that is a familial relationship.  Marrying your sister's sister was not well received when it was done in Dear Heaven.

I totally agree about JW's deceit because he never tried to get over his feelings. Actually to me he became even more involved in her life. There's a few drama's I've seen where it wasn't well received even if they were only siblings by way of marriage. 

Also from the written preview Soon-hee request of JW to settle his feelings before DN gets hurt. 

I knew Ruby will go back to that SKunk  no surprise there I feel sorry for JW, The cat is out of the bag DN knew YK is her mom,  she will be in denial for a while till she settles her feeling ,  we all know she likes JW and she is grateful what I don't get is from where these strong feeling for him come from  it seems out of the blue anyways it means there is still a chance for DN and SH  

This drama is getting boring and predictable now.. .. Hong do evil deed, reveal, no punishment, do more evil deed, reveal, no punishment, do more evil deed, reveal, no punishment, do more evil deed, reveal, and no punishment... while Oh Dam Nim and those around them  suffer so much.  In the end when the Hong finally get punished, it still wouldn't make up for all the crimes they committed and we'll feel like we've wasted all that time watching this drama for nothing... waiting for justice that came a little too late.

Archived