[Drama 2017] Sweet Enemy / Sweet revenge, 달콤한 원수

0ly40

Episode 85. So Boknam resigned from her chairwoman position to atone for her mistakes while Sena tries to persuade Mr Hyun to take the now vacant position. Hmm... And Dalnim may possess Choigo's shares if she accepts it from Boknam. Interesting. -_-

First of all, let me post this:

giphy.gif

Yes Jaewook! Finally! Tell the truth straight to Ruby's face! Not being mean, but she deserved it! It was getting ridiculous watching how Ruby and Eunjung were being misled by Sena. Like ridiculously ridiculous. :huh:

After Ruby's outburst, if Dalnim doesn't question Sunho about his feelings... then I guess she's pretty slow/dim then... Or simply thinks it's Sena's delusional idea being spread around and doesn't care about it at all. :D

So now there's a possibility that there is still a copy of Sena's photo with the incriminating bracelet, taken as hostage by the IT guy. Then Geumsook is doing her best to trick Byungsoo to come back to Korea. I don't think the memory from the black box will be recoverable after more than 4 years, right? Unless Sekang took out the memory card and hid it someplace instead of using it, overwriting the data. What about Soonhee's old phone? The video she recorded should still exist if the Hongs weren't aware of it and have yet to dispose it... So many evidence yet so hard to obtain them... :unsure:

Team Dalnim, fighting!

0hlUB3j.jpg

Detective Sunho back at work. B)

-------

Happy weekend! :glasses:

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, windywind said:

I agree w @auntyem that at ep 80s, it is too early for things to be going DN’s way completely. However, It's ridiculous that SH's father cannot tell his wife and his sister that their thinking pattern is  very "immoral" and "selfish"! 

Why does Madame Chairwoman try teaching only her son and grandson to do good deeds but let her daughter demonstrate bad behavior? Both RB and SH's mother are really dumb. They are gullible persons who get deceived so easily and do not consider the others' suffering. However, RB is more pathetic than SH's mother. At her age, she should not throw a tantrum but she always does and nobody warns her. She is the dumbest, the most boring and the most disgusting character in this drama....So disgusting! 

Is it possible that our script writer will help her a bit by giving her more brain? I'm so sorry for my strong words.......

@windywind... Well said chingu, Ruby is very dumb. I see Ruby falling into to the category of not being able to survive without SK. SK doesn’t love her because right about His sister and him are scheming to keep their job and be a part of Ruby’s family. Smh smh emu 

Greetings, Chingu...

I just wanted to chime in on the happenings in Episode 85 and to add to @Ldy Gmerm's great insight (imagine bowing emoggi) into Ruby's psychology.  I agree with everything you say...  Artists, especially actors, have a reputation for being narcissistic, immature and bratty.  That's Ruby in a nutshell.  Now that her acting career is waning--perhaps because of her age--she needs something else to do so playing wife and running a cosmetics store her mother is backing suffices to pass the time but none of this goes towards fostering emotional maturity which is what she lacks.  And the proof is, as @Ldy Gmerm says, all "the past is the past" and "we have to live in the present" she was spouting when SH's Dad told them SN's role in forcing her mother to make this public confession and trying to use her mother's weakness to blackmail her nephew into marriage.  Ruby is such a b(w)itch that when we're talking about DN's father, life and property (the patent), she flippantly suggests this "let bygones be bygones" pseudo-philosophy and throwing her mother's money at DN for compensation.  In Episode 86 we'll get to see if she puts this into practice or if she's a hypocrite in addition to being a narcissistic brat.  Let's see how she handles the fact of her boy-toy's previous relationship--and child.  Anybody wanna bet she's not going to let "the past be the past" and not let it affect her "present life" with SK.  And since everyone's perception--whether its true or not--is that SK pursued Ruby because of her mother's money, it will be interesting to see if she is willing to use her own money to give SK alimony (compensation) if she divorces him.  They say pay-back is also a b(w)itch and Ruby is getting her pay-back...

@Ldy Gmerm is also correct to point out how everything SN is doing is backfiring.  I'm not sure, however, if we're to take from the drama that its because SN hasn't thought things through or if we're to take from the drama that Team DN is getting help from the Heavens.  All this started to unravel with the praying to the Choi ancestors for SH's prospective wife.  Maybe its both, the Heavens are making SN become sloppy at covering her tracks.  I know I've said before how much I hate the use and references to F-A-T-E in these dramas but what I hate doesn't matter.  I think the drama is revealing that SH and DN are fated to be together, that the Choi's and the Oh/Kangs/Yoons are fated to be united.  Remember, all these people were friends and relations before DN entered the picture.  And DN's father held the key to making CF avoid bankruptcy and become prosperous.  They're all intertwined.  What's happening is that the "lost sheep" has been found and is being folded in to (or taking her rightful place) in that extended family.  While JH was alive, perhaps it didn't matter since she would have united the families but because SN caused a rupture in that "fate" with JH's death, the missing daughter had to be found because, in the end, Fate rules all our lives.  So, although she's completely unaware, SN isn't at war with DN, she's at war with Fate and what Fate has planned for DN and the families.  

One more thing re @Ldy Gmerm's post -- JH's friend, the politician's daughter, knows SN was in the room with JH when she died.  She confronted SN with that knowledge and my guess is, unless in an earlier episode we see the Hong's getting the CCTV of the hospital hall, she has it or has someone who saw SN with JH just before she died and will bring that evidence forward at the appropriate time.  Maybe she was actually there and took a video of SN's actions on her phone and has just been waiting for the best time to bring the clip forward.  But I do know that she knows SN was in that hospital room because she mentioned it and the fact that SN started shaking when she confronted her.

Finally, I want to chime in on how idiotic SH's mother is.  I'm a mother to kittens and puppies.  But if someone wanted to jerk around and manipulate my babies the way SN is yanking on SH's chain, they would be Over the Rainbow Bridge.  SN telling SH's mother to her face that she and her family have done all this evil--to her son, to her mother-in-law, to her sister-in-law, to Mrs. Yoon--in order to "change SH's heart" is beyond ridiculous.  SN should have been eating that mug before she finished her sentence.  Saying she "understands" only shows that SH's mother is probably guilty of child abuse.  She "understands" a woman who will go to these absolutely psychotic ends to force her son to love her, to marry her?  Any normal woman would have told her never to show up in front of my son again and then got a restraining order and a weapon to make sure she doesn't.  Geez, was the movie "Fatal Attraction" never shown in Korea?

Until Episode 86 or I think of something else...  Have a great weekend, Chingu...

@Ldy Gmerm

SH's mother probably won't get it about SN until the ton of bricks falls on her head that it was actually SN who killed JH. .With SN trying to take over the company the idiots will believe SN's lie that she's doing this to save the company and SH. They believe her motives for doing the things she's done because she loves SH. Besides putting SN on a pedestal they have romanticized SN's lies about love for SH. They  have the men they love beside them and so should SN. Neither one of the idiots have given a thought to SH. As I stated before SH's mother is the worst of the two because she's SH's mother. Not once has she asked her son how he feels about SN. He has sat right in front of her in the presents of SN and it's perfectly obvious he's uncomfortable. If the father picked of on it so as SH's mother she should have also.  The picture SN has painted for these two and the light over SN's head is shinning so bright they are blind to the real SN. It won't be until the light has been turned completely off  that the true picture of SN will become clear to them. 

As for Ruby she will start off wanting a divorce due to the fact SK was with DN first. Once SK, SN and YK finish spinning their lies she'll be  pulled back in. Ruby is a spoiled snob no one can tell anything too. She has to have things go her way and will think she's hurting DN by not divorcing SK. If she insist on staying married to SK I can see the chairwoman putting them both out of her house. It's just what Ruby needs so she can experience being away from her family and no longer being coddled and treated like a princess. Living with SK and family with no connection to her family will be Ruby's wake up call. She is of no use to them without her family behind her.

SN's world is falling apart but she won't stop because her crazy won't allow her to do so. She will keep going because she thinks she has a right to everything she wants. As long as SH's mother still believes in her she thinks she still has a chance of getting SH. SN told SH she would become a person he needs and that's what she's going try and make happen. Anyone who gets in her way she will try to remove. SN and family heads have gotten very big because they think they are invincible. No one would dare cross them because they will crush them. What they've forgotten are the people they have already crushed. All those people will be coming for SN to pay her back for what she's done to their lives. SK and YK won't escape either because they have people who will be gunning for them. 

YR telling Hyun SN used him will make him rethink what he's about to do, . He's a big snake and he let a little snake use him for her own agenda. SN appealed to his greed each time and this time the Chairmanship position. SN knows he stole that patent but again his greed will make him want to go for SN's offer. He's willing to betray the chairwoman who has had his back for years and still does. She took all of the blame and never mentioned him as being the one who stole the patent.  The recipe leak should have been an eye opener for Hyun that  SN has no loyalty to no one. Right now Hyun and SN have dirt on each other. SN has the stolen patent and Hyun has the recipe leak. Given SN's track record of throwing people under the bus she will try to use Hyun's weakness first against him. 

When Ruby comes to confront DN I think Ruby will get another slap down. DN is not going to stand by and let Ruby bully and berate her. She did nothing wrong and has nothing to be ashamed of. DN will give Ruby all the fact and what she chooses to do about it is her business. Not only did SK and family take away 4 years of her life her baby was loss also because of them.  

@sava2sava @carlemyers

DN and her mother are the owners of that patent. That company owes them a lot and a lawsuit would destroy that company. The shares that the chairwoman is giving DN is going to cause some niches to come about in SN's plans. That company was built on a stolen patent. Any money made from it  belongs to DN and her mother. All the pockets that were lined with that money is owed to them.  Those directors and shareholder are not going to want to lose any money by choosing to side with SN. She has nothing to offer them in order to keep what they already have. Whatever SN does at this point on will cause the recipe leak and the embezzlement to come to the light. 

It's going to come out that DN is YR's bio daughter. SN won't be able to hold that piece of information much longer. She will use it to try and hurt DN but it's going to backfire. It will be a shock for DB but she has gotten to know YR with them living under the same roof. She also understood YR's need to try and destroy her. 

@Chickpea

I agree fate has stepped in to stop SN who is actually the intruder. She tried to change her fate by killing JH but fate has been waiting around the corner watching and waiting for all the ducks to get in order. Everybody is now where they should be in order to collectively stomp on and out the evil. 

@Ldy Gmerm

Another thought came to mind about SH's mother and her blindness of not seeing SN's true self. She sees it and she's not blinded by SN. SH's mother had very little reaction when told what SN has done to SH and her  mother in law.  As @Chickpea mentioned I don't think it's child abuse but as @dynamo14 mentioned in that family SH and his father are closer to the Chairwoman. Her husband loves and adores her but he's completely devoted to his mother. In a twisted sort of way SH's mother sees SN as some sort of savior. The Chairwoman has enslaved all of them to only beat to her drum. In that household and for the company the Chairwoman rules. There's some jealousy and resentment on the head of  the mother. Not only is her husband devoted to his mother so is her son. She does not want her son to continue to live under the thumb of his grandmother. As far as she knows SN is the one who pulled SH out of his stupor. It was something not even his grandmother could do. SN is the one who can pull SH away and from under his grandmother's thumb. 

SN has proven to the mother she would do anything for SH. She knows the things SN have done are wrong but SN has the balls and is bold enough to go up against anyone even the Chairwoman. Standing up to the Chairwoman  was something she was never brave enough to do. SH's mother is not blind to SN's evil but instead quietly cheers her on. If SN can accomplish what she never could she will turn a blind eye and continue to support SN. 

Along comes DN whom SH has fallen for which will put a wrench in any hopes she had on SN. The mother ignores her son's feeling because of her own feelings of jealousy and resentment towards the Chairwoman. The Chairwoman likes DN who has put a spell on her son to make him fall in love with her. SN is the woman she wants and thinks is the best one for SH. DN is a nobody like she is who will fall right into and succumb to the wishes of the Chairwoman. In the mothers mind DN is the blame for what's happening now. If it wasn't for DN entering the picture SH would be marrying the woman she wants for her son.  

As for Ruby SH's mother has some resentment towards her also. Ruby has been able to do as she pleases with no thoughts of helping her. She has to wait on and do everything in that house while Ruby sits around doing nothing. Once Ruby got married she didn't move in with her in laws she brought her husband into the house for her to take care of. Then Ruby decides and opens up her own shop which is another slap to the mother. Why is Ruby allowed to do as she wants and she's still stuck taking care of the family. Even when she found out the past relationship between DN and SK she didn't react.to the wrong done to DN . She showed no sympathy for DN at all. 

I think SH's mother will not give up  her hopes of having SN as her daughter in law until she's faced with the evidence SN killed JH. Only then will she realize the monster she tried to marry her son too. Everything SN has done so far is small potatoes but murdering someone is an ultimate despicable act even her conscience won't be able to let go of. 

15 hours ago, awsparkle said:

@Ldy Gmerm

Another thought came to mind about SH's mother and her blindness of not seeing SN's true self. She sees it and she's not blinded by SN. SH's mother had very little reaction when told what SN has done to SH and her  mother in law.  As @Chickpea mentioned I don't think it's child abuse but as @dynamo14 mentioned in that family SH and his father are closer to the Chairwoman. Her husband loves and adores her but he's completely devoted to his mother. In a twisted sort of way SH's mother sees SN as some sort of savior. The Chairwoman has enslaved all of them to only beat to her drum. In that household and for the company the Chairwoman rules. There's some jealousy and resentment on the head of  the mother. Not only is her husband devoted to his mother so is her son. She does not want her son to continue to live under the thumb of his grandmother. As far as she knows SN is the one who pulled SH out of his stupor. It was something not even his grandmother could do. SN is the one who can pull SH away and from under his grandmother's thumb. 

SN has proven to the mother she would do anything for SH. She knows the things SN have done are wrong but SN has the balls and is bold enough to go up against anyone even the Chairwoman. Standing up to the Chairwoman  was something she was never brave enough to do. SH's mother is not blind to SN's evil but instead quietly cheers her on. If SN can accomplish what she never could she will turn a blind eye and continue to support SN. 

Along comes DN whom SH has fallen for which will put a wrench in any hopes she had on SN. The mother ignores her son's feeling because of her own feelings of jealousy and resentment towards the Chairwoman. The Chairwoman likes DN who has put a spell on her son to make him fall in love with her. SN is the woman she wants and thinks is the best one for SH. DN is a nobody like she is who will fall right into and succumb to the wishes of the Chairwoman. In the mothers mind DN is the blame for what's happening now. If it wasn't for DN entering the picture SH would be marrying the woman she wants for her son.  

As for Ruby SH's mother has some resentment towards her also. Ruby has been able to do as she pleases with no thoughts of helping her. She has to wait on and do everything in that house while Ruby sits around doing nothing. Once Ruby got married she didn't move in with her in laws she brought her husband into the house for her to take care of. Then Ruby decides and opens up her own shop which is another slap to the mother. Why is Ruby allowed to do as she wants and she's still stuck taking care of the family. Even when she found out the past relationship between DN and SK she didn't react.to the wrong done to DN . She showed no sympathy for DN at all. 

I think SH's mother will not give up  her hopes of having SN as her daughter in law until she's faced with the evidence SN killed JH. Only then will she realize the monster she tried to marry her son too. Everything SN has done so far is small potatoes but murdering someone is an ultimate despicable act even her conscience won't be able to let go of. 

I have to agree with you on SH's mom.  I think Madam Cha was very stricked with her so far in her married life and I bet like you mentioned above it has bred some resentment from the woman. It is too bad that she sees SN as a means to break that woman's hold on the family. That if there is really jealousy from her that she will end up having to learn a harsh lesson about her judgement.

I also agree that she sees DN as someone who would only continue the control that Madam Cha has she liked the woman and would not dare to disagree with her because of her being an elder. Making her son further be filial to his grandmother. It is too bad the woman did not find her own goals and tell her husband and mother in law that she did not want to continue to stay at home taking care of everyone or make a schedule to cook meals but still have help to come in as needed. I think most of her situation is on herself because she has a son in his late twenties early thirties and no longer needs her to stay at home to cook and clean. I think her lesson is going to be that she could have spoken up if she was so unhappy and felt her life had passed her by perhaps. 

SN's lies to her making her think she is helping SH will come out eventually and the woman will learn that SN was never helping SH she was helping herself. I think also that she will not get it until SN is found out to be the one who harmed JH and killed her. Then and only then will she not be able to continue to listen to SN's excuses and realize how truly gullible and foolish she was when her son has told her and told her along with her husband. Her believing and outsider over her son and husband because of her resentment or jealousy of her mother in law , sister in law or her place in that family made her embrace a killer and pathological liar as her ideal daughter in law choice. I guess SN's crimes are ok as you mentioned if she is under the impression she is helping SH. When that illusion is stripped away then what will she say I wonder? I would not put it past this woman to help SN in what she does next thinking she is helping SN get SH once and for all only to be busted for helping SN do wrong again that harmed the family more.

It will be a big shock to that woman that DN is YR's daughter. But then again she will just listen to SN's lies and excuses.

Sigh, Chingu...

Chickpea's frustration level after watching Ep. 86 w/out subs...  :confounded:   How can all these people be so c-l-u-e-l-e-s-s...   Why isn't Hyun in handcuffs?  Why is he still drinking the SN Kool-aid after her actions have put him in danger of prison?  So, is the tale the Hongs will weave that DN is behind this revelation of her past with SK so that she can be with SH?  Even though it was JW who revealed SK's past and SH's Dad knew about it?  And, of course, in true k-drama fashion this will make sense to the Choi family?  Why is SH trying to reason with the IT guy; why not send the prosecutors to his house with a warrant since the hard drive and anything on it belong to CFs.  And the ending today really has me pulling my hair out.  So... Ruby is pregnant and so can't divorce SK or Ruby has a miscarriage and its DN's fault?  Wish I could take a break and come back in 10 episodes but I'm too hooked...

And when I previously posted that SH's Mom was guilty of "child abuse" I didn't mean it literally, I meant figuratively.   SN is telling this woman to her face how she's been manipulating her son and, instead of thinking she doesn't want for her son's wife a woman who will spend her life lying to and manipulating him, she's good with it.  That--wanting her son to spend his life shackled to a woman who will lie, cheat, steal and manipulate him and everyone around him for what she wants--is tantamount to child abuse... at least in my book.  Ciao for now, all...

Is it wrong of me to feel happy at Ruby’s misery. I am enjoying watching her beat up SK. Look at how he is begging her to forgive him on his knees. Lol lol  Ruby is the worst character even Kdrama land. 

Loved the way SK yelled at his sister for her crazy obsession for SH . Look at them fighting each other right . LoL LOL 

I don’t think Dal amok will ever develop feeling for SH.  SK is being blackmailed 

Chingu’s, I have decided to drop his drama: 

the way Ruby passed out only means she miscarried her baby and she will now blame DN about it. Smh smh smh 

Was she deemed pregnant? 

If so, I don't think she will miscarry. I think DN will tell SK get his act together to save this child of his because he failed with his last one. 

SK, might begin to have serious conflict, if Ruby found out about DN miscarriage she will really hate. SK. 

5 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

Is it wrong of me to feel happy at Ruby’s misery. I am enjoying watching her beat up SK. Look at how he is begging her to forgive him on his knees. Lol lol  Ruby is the worst character even Kdrama land. 

Loved the way SK yelled at his sister for her crazy obsession for SH . Look at them fighting each other right . LoL LOL 

I don’t think Dal amok will ever develop feeling for SH.  SK is being blackmailed 

the way Ruby passed out only means she miscarried her baby and she will now blame DN about it. Smh smh smh 

I think many of us feel the way you do. It's not so much about being happy over RUby's misery, but more about seeing karma finally catching up with those bad ones. :)

Why not reconsider the drama until the end? We've lasted this long and have tolerated its flaws thus far.  We're over the hump and don't think it can get any worse :D.   I am wont to give up too but I can't help but look forward to how and when SN's biggest sin would be revealed. 

Episode 86 is chaotic. Too much screaming and emotional outburst. And there's a confession slipped in the middle of it all. And it's only Monday! *shake head* :wacko:

I wanna rant. The Choi family are truly blind (except Sunho, he's an exceptional case). Like Sena threatening Sunho to marry her is already a big red flag. Why would you still want to have her as the daughter-in-law in the family? Sunho clearly doesn't want to marry her if she had to resort to threatening. (Like no one even cares who Sunho wants to marry, except his dad) Sunho liking Dalnim is another problem all together but Yookyung's lame excuse of Sena doing it with a good intention for Sunho's sake is simply BS. She did still threaten Sunho. What kind of future bride threaten her future groom into marriage? And to threaten with the groom's family martriach's biggest secret? Knowing Sena is willing to threaten her future groom, what makes you think she'll not disclose the secret? And knowing that lame excuse given doesn't cover up the fact that Sekang did cheat on Dalnim for Ruby. Those are 2 entirely different things. :crazy:

- end of rant -

-------

Apparently there's a limit to how many images can be shown in a post (I wasn't aware of this, sorry!) so I'm putting all my gifs under this hidden tag below:

(thanks to @Ais1ing for the notification)

Spoiler

giphy.gif

This scene was hilarious. Kobong dragging Sekang away was weird but funny. Haha!

Then there's my favourite scene:

giphy.gif

I love it when these 2 fight (who doesn't?). The irony is that whatever Sekang voiced out was true. But Sena being Sena, obviously never listens to her brother. Then there's the helpless mother whose favourite go-to method of resolution is to blame everything on Dalnim. *roll eyes* :crazy:

Back at Yiran's home, Soonhee vent out her fury onto Mr Hyun.

giphy.gif

That poor metal trashcan...

Soonhee then later rejected Sunho

giphy.gif

That poor guy...

And lastly we have a special appearance of a dried leaf.

giphy.gif

I don't even know why I'm posting the gif above. Hahahaha! :lol:

Spoiler

What happened to Sunho's hair between visiting Yiran's home and back at his office? :D

QfZQvjI.jpg

Hahahaha! :lol:

Simple lesson learnt from Sekang that we can apply in real life: never overpromise or you'll end up in trouble :)

Jaewook always have the coolest lines in this drama. I'm referring to the scenes whenever he's confronting the Hongs. B)

And I don't think Ruby is pregnant. Most probably gastric since she didn't eat. Possibly. And if indeed she's pregnant, congrats then. :mellow:

-------

I'm stressed out by this episode actually. I think because of all the loud rumbustious shouting. Heh. In fact, I'm too stressed that the thought of Sena pushing Dalnim off a terrace and then get caught by someone and then get punished occurred to me. But highly unlikely of course. Dalnim would be dead and this whole drama would be meaningless. :tongue:

-------

tDw99HS.jpg

-_-

14 minutes ago, dynamo14 said:

In fact, I'm too stressed that the thought of Sena pushing Dalnim off a terrace and then get caught by someone and then get punished occurred to me. But highly unlikely of course. Dalnim would be dead and this whole drama would be meaningless.

Well, pilgrim, SNake has tussled with DN several times and came out very second best.  There is a bit of a physical difference between a butcher and blogger princess.

17 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

Good morning, Chingu.. (imagine bowing emoggi)

I share your frustration but stick with it if only for all the time and emotion we've already invested in the drama up to this point.  Fighting!

Regarding Ruby...  it has to be a pregnancy because karma and fate are at work, right?  DN lost SK's child because of his family's manipulation and--although I don't see how they can make this connection--because of what Yoon said in her visit at the prison.  So the loss of a child has to be compensated with the loss of a child, right?  That's usually how these things work.  So the child that SK and his family didn't want was lost and now the child that SK and his family want has to be lost.  Otherwise, there will be a moral reason for Ruby to stay shackled to SK and for the Choi family to continue to be intertwined with the Hongs.  I don't see that happening.  The Hongs were never part of that inner circle, not the way Yoon was connected to the Chois and the way DN and the Oh family are connected to the Chois.  The Hongs were brought into the Choi sphere by Yoon who set SK up with Ruby and who backed SN in everything she did at CF and for the Choi family.  Yoon was, therefore, acting as "anti-Fate" when she did all these things that have backfired on her and which she is now trying to set aright. 

All that said, maybe the point of a Ruby pregnancy will be to show her acquire that "emotional maturity" I said she was lacking and she'll forgive SK for the child's sake and come to some arrangement.  However, there is still the fact of SK's embezzlement of funds from CF and his complicity in framing DN for SN's crime and covering up for SN even when he was in full knowledge of her guilt... and, as he has previously pointed out, he is an attorney which means that his culpability is that much more as an officer of the court.  If Ruby stays married to him, she'll be shackled to the man who's family will be responsible for destroying her child's inheritance and to a man who will have to do serious jail time and lose his legal license.  Maybe losing the child is the lesser evil...

What will make me happy is SN's mom losing TWO grandchildren...  what will make me switch off the drama is the Chois thinking they have to cover for SK because of Ruby's pregnancy...  There are only 34 episodes left and so much take-down to go, I just can't believe the writer is taking us down this path unless its to definitively break the relationship between Ruby and SK.  But my crystal ball has been going haywire these days so...  I guess we'll see.

Good day, all!

Chickpea again after watching Ep. 86 with subs...

So...  "karma" and  "fate" made their appearance in today's episode...  ahem.  SN knows she's up against fate and she's still going to go forward.  Ruby has shown that the "past" does matter and she has the nerve to call DN a hypocrite?  Now we hear the Hongs talking about letting bygones be bygones.  DN was right in telling the Hongs karma is coming to get them...  at least they've been put on notice.  That idiot Ruby still doesn't get it...  its DN's fault for "appearing" before her and SK when they were "happy", its not the Hongs' fault for lying to her from the beginning.  That woman is too stupid and selfish to be a mother.  Speaking of which, for the first time in this drama I have to applaud SH for having a pair... if his mother is too stupid to know SN would have been a miserable match for him, at least he knows it and intends to make sure it doesn't happen.  Finally, what is it about the Korean police that they "invite" people in to discuss whether they may have committed a crime?  As long as Mrs. Cha said she got the patent transfer from him, the police should drag him off in handcuffs...  but then I guess we wouldn't have a drama.  So, will the reveal of DN's birth mother come in episode 87 or will it come later after SN tries to kill her and she needs some medical procedure and Yoon comes forward as the only familial match able to make a donation...  Until Ep. 87, enjoy the day, Chingu...

2 hours ago, Chickpea said:

So...  "karma" and  "fate" made their appearance in today's episode...  ahem.  SN knows she's up against fate and she's still going to go forward.  Ruby has shown that the "past" does matter and she has the nerve to call DN a hypocrite?  Now we hear the Hongs talking about letting bygones be bygones.  DN was right in telling the Hongs karma is coming to get them...  at least they've been put on notice.  That idiot Ruby still doesn't get it...  its DN's fault for "appearing" before her and SK when they were "happy", its not the Hongs' fault for lying to her from the beginning.  That woman is too stupid and selfish to be a mother.  Speaking of which, for the first time in this drama I have to applaud SH for having a pair... if his mother is too stupid to know SN would have been a miserable match for him, at least he knows it and intends to make sure it doesn't happen.  Finally, what is it about the Korean police that they "invite" people in to discuss whether they may have committed a crime?  As long as Mrs. Cha said she got the patent transfer from him, the police should drag him off in handcuffs...  but then I guess we wouldn't have a drama.  So, will the reveal of DN's birth mother come in episode 87 or will it come later after SN tries to kill her and she needs some medical procedure and Yoon comes forward as the only familial match able to make a donation...  Until Ep. 87, enjoy the day, Chingu...

a @Chickpea  @mel22 @windywind I agree with all of you Ruby and SH's mother are dumbest people on the show. Ruby is the worst,  her man lied to her, is still lying to her, stealing funds for her mother's company, her man is scheming with his sister to take over her mother's company and she is still rooting for her SIL and MIL. SH's mother is also too dumb to think it is okay for furute DIL to blackmail her child to marry her. Since when does a KDrma mother allows a skank to blackmail their child. SMH SMH SMH  I swear this writer doesn't know how a

normal Kdrama chaebal mother is suposed to act.

@Chickpea... I agree KArma is finally coming for the kang family. All the wrongs they have inflicted on YR and DN's family are about come back and bite them in the richard simmons. I just hate it when woman miscary because it is a bad sign in KDrama when a woman miscarry. It tends to be a sign that the woman will have difficulty to carry a baby to full term:bawling::bawling: I wonder why the writer made DN lose her baby when most of the time, Woman do get the chance to have their baby and raise once they get out of prison

I will stick around with the rest of you.   FIGHTING !!!!

So, I feel bad for character Ruby.

AS for the actress, it looked like she was laughing during the whole reveal scene in the previous episode. I couldn't take her seriously because it looked like she was trying not to smile...while she was crying at SK for fooling her

I can't remember much of today's episode (87) because after seeing the preview, am more excited about tomorrow's ep 88.  Looks like SN's house of cards is finally going to substantially crumble tomorrow. 

Of today's episode, I could only remember how sorry I felt for Chef JW when he talked with DN in the kitchen. Of course I didn't understand anything :lol: but I think his emotions were being pulled between his feelings for DN as a man and as step brother.   Am slightly delusional for still hoping that they would somehow end up together despite the odds. 

Some questions after watching with subs ---

During DN and JW's conversation in the kitchen, JW put in a good word for SH and DN didn't like it. She said something to the effect that "how can you say that to me when you already know?"  Does it mean that she (still) likes JW, right? 

Dir Hyun also talked with SN about knowing some of YR's weaknesses. What could those be? 

Episode 87. So Ruby is indeed pregnant. I hope she stands strong with her decision. Keep Sekang away from her life is a good choice - since we viewers know what he's done.

I didn't expect this scene. It was out of the blue but it really shows Kobong in a different light as a CEO in Choigo Foods. You see, we all know him as the puppet CEO because he was portrayed so by other characters' impression of him. We don't really see him in action too often because I'm guessing he left the big work decisions to his mum or son.

giphy.gif

But here, we can see Dajung actually looks up to him because he cheered her up when she first started working and she was surprised that he remembered her name. Here's the thing, Kobong remembers the name of all his office employee (remember he was doubtful when Sekang made up a lawyer Oh?) and he actually cares for them at the workplace (e.g. Dajung's case here). So I'm concluding that while he may not be good/interested in making business decisions, he's actually great at taking care of his employee's welfare? :rolleyes:

I just realized I made a mistake in assuming Mr Hyun will be taking over Boknam's old position. If the CEO position is what he's after, then Kobong is the one at risk of losing his job. :(

I find the Choi family as optimistic people. Kobong with his happy spirit, Ruby with her (hopefully unwaver) determination to be a single parent, Sunho and his strong beliefs and not giving up for a happy future and Boknam... well I don't really see her being pessimistic. Hehe :D

-------

@mel22 I didn't understand that scene in the kitchen while watching it for the first time at all. Haha! :lol: Either Dalnim was being too cryptic for me to understand or the translations were vague (which I doubt so). But now, I think I see her reply with 3 different meanings: Dalnim does have feelings for Jaewook (like you said), or Dalnim believes she's not fated to be with Sunho because of her father's case, or Dalnim is not opening her heart to anyone. :huh: *scratch head*

That Mr Hyun is never up to any good. Just in the same cahoots as Sena and gang. <_<

-------

This scene was the coolest:

giphy.gif

See how pathetic the Hong siblings were when they had to resort to force stealing the USB drive only to be thwarted by Dalnim and her 2 bodyguards. Hahahaha! :lol:

Greetings, Chingu...  (imagine bowing emoggi)

I wish I knew how to copy and past the clip in @dynamo14 post above of SN stealing the flash drive from Yang....  only to lose it to DN.  

A lot happened in Episode 87, but I'm with @mel22, other than the 3 DN-sketeers finally getting one over on the SKunk-SNake duo, the episode was pretty uneventful.  Here's something I don't understand...  why is it Mrs. Cha's fault that Hyun stole the patent and forged Mr. Oh's signature.  Its the same logic that has Ruby saying its DN's fault for her misery--not SKunk's--because she didn't stay out of her sight after they were married.  This doesn't make sense to me.  Should DN have moved to some little town in the countryside so that Ruby could live in blissful ignorance that she and SKunk were adulterers?  If an employer tasks an employee with an assignment, and that assignment is accomplished, is it the employer's fault if the means by which the assignment was accomplished was illegal?  If Mr. Oh had showed up at her residence and actually told her that Hyun had stolen the patent and she did nothing about it, then she would be at fault.  But he missed her and never showed up again so, from her perspective, the were no legal impediments to acquiring the patent transfer.  Unless, of course, there's a lot more to the back story that we haven't seen.  Anyway, methinks I think too much about these things...

Holding my breath for Episode 88...  how does the fact that SNake had a bracelet like the one found at the scene prove that SNake is JH's murderer...  it doesn't especially if she can produce DN's bracelet.  But Mrs. Oh seems to have recovered her memories.  But its too early for SN to get caught for JH's murder...  And reptile mom is mortgaging the house and the business...  so, do we see her penniless or does SKunk embezzle more company funds...   woo hoo!

Archived