[Drama 2017] Sweet Enemy / Sweet revenge, 달콤한 원수

0ly40

[Episode 78]

First of all, can I say I like Sunae? She's the crazy, but on the good side type of character. Love her interactions with Sena nowadays.

giphy.gif

See that laugh? No one has ever faced Sena with that type of craziness before :wink:

Someone needs to knock Ruby on the head. Like seriously. It's for her own good. :rolleyes:

I'm gonna skip the unreasonable negotiation between Sena and Yiran (so many self-pulling-hair moments throughout the scene, thanks to Sena) and instead, shall focus on our two main characters - Dalnim and Sunho. :)

Since the previous episode, Sunho has been accompanying Dalnim staking out to catch Byungsoo. In the last episode, Dalnim was teased by Sunho for thinking she was inconveniencing him for dragging him away from his office just to go staking out with her. So in this episode, since Jaewook was away (how convenient :wink:), agent Geumsook adviced Dalnim to go stake out with Sunho again instead. Dalnim immediately called him and ta-da! Second stake out together to catch Byungsoo in a day. B)

u3SRext.jpg

The stake-out buddies B)

Then our stake-out couple attempted to follow Byungsoo in order to track Soonhee.

giphy.gif

Such suspense. But eventually they failed since Byungsoo sensed that he was being followed. Ah, need to brush up on your detective stalking skills, detective Sunho and partner! :D

And then we have this scene:

giphy.gif

Yes @mel22, there's DEFINITELY romantic vibes there (even if both characters hasn't realise it yet). Haha! :lol:

You see, when I first saw this scene, it reminded me of when Sunho pulled Sena away from the chasing scene back in the first episode. It only showed Sena's reaction towards the close distance between them (she loved it, duh!). Then once the coast was clear, Sunho immediately pulled away from her to check the surroundings and then started to chide her for her foolishness. Keep in mind that at this moment, Sunho is in love with Jaehee.

Moving back to the present, now, we see Sunho following Dalnim into a super tiny alleyway and in an effort to hide himself from Byungsoo, pulled Dalnim into his arms. That, was a hug. That's definitely a hug, guys! I love hugs. It's warm... and fuzzy... sometimes addicting... and... I'm digressing. :D Anyway, note the awkward moment when both of them looked at one another and realised that they were physically too close? Followed by the awkward moment pulling away from one another? :D Actually, there was no need for Sunho to hug Dalnim if Dalnim was already in the alley first. He could simply follow her and then block the alley using himself so that Dalnim will be behind him in the alley. But then again, it's either Sunho's protective instinct towards Dalnim acted up or simply the writer teasing us. Haha! (Thank you writer!) I'm having what @desertflower is having! Thanks! :D

And then here's the scene that we all have been waiting for since episode 18.

giphy.gif

I hope this gif appears alright to you guys on your own devices. It's 59 seconds long - longest gif I've ever made. It simply destroys the beauty of this scene if I were to cut it up. Anyway, it's great too that the other three got to witness this historic moment between Dalnim and her mother.

Ahh... Soonhee is finally back with her beloved daughter... :bawling:

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Chickpea  I sometimes confuse myself with Kdrama and real world 'facts' that I find myself looking for logic.  I should be more mindful. :lol:

DNmom Soonhee is indeed back with her beloved daughter but looks like Soonhee is in a very slow recovery curve.  Although from the cliffhanger, she somehow recognized SN as someone who did DN wrong. Hopefully, that would speedily jag her memory back to normal.   I didn't expect the new twist where Soonhee and DN would move in with YR.  Interesting turn of events.  Am very happy with the new,  enlightened and unselfish YR. She's an entirely different person now insofar as DN is concerned. 

SH was ever present in DN's activities today.  He seems to always show up in DN's house.:lol:  It was a good thing though because I think SH was the one who convinced DN to move in with YR. 

Of course, no SE episode would be complete without the evil Hongs annoying us. :crazy: But did evil mom try to kill DNmom? I thought she was giving her a handful of pills, enough to make her sleep forever?   We'd understand after the subs later. 

Post subs comments ---

@awsparkle and @euraka I misunderstood the scene where bad Hong tried to give DNmom a pill. I thought it was a handful.  

@mel22

YK was trying to give DN's mother the memory suppressing  drug they were feeding to her before. In the next ep YK pays YR's housekeeper to put the drug in DN's mother's food. The housekeeper gets scared when she sees the mothers reaction after she eats some of the drugged food. She should be since she fed a drug to someone she knows nothing about. Plus a drug she probably has no idea what it was. Once YR finds out the mother has been drugged and by whose instructions  the war will be on. She let things slide with the blackmail for the shares but she's not going to let this slide. 

1 hour ago, mel22 said:

@Chickpea  I sometimes confuse myself with Kdrama and real world 'facts' that I find myself looking for logic.  I should be more mindful. :lol:

DNmom Soonhee is indeed back with her beloved daughter but looks like Soonhee is in a very slow recovery curve.  Although from the cliffhanger, she somehow recognized SN as someone who did DN wrong. Hopefully, that would speedily jag her memory back to normal.   I didn't expect the new twist where Soonhee and DN would move in with YR.  Interesting turn of events.  Am very happy with the new,  enlightened and unselfish YR. She's an entirely different person now insofar as DN is concerned. 

SH was ever present in DN's activities today.  He seems to always show up in DN's house.:lol:  It was a good thing though because I think SH was the one who convinced DN to move in with YR. 

Of course, no SE episode would be complete without the evil Hongs annoying us. :crazy: But did evil mom try to kill DNmom? I thought she was giving her a handful of pills, enough to make her sleep forever?   We'd understand after the subs later. 

no, she is not trying to kill her but giving her the medicine not to remember though she failed at the first attempt  she succeed in the preview he give the medicine to  the maid to put in the food hopefully it will be revealed soon and the housemaid she will be kicked out 

it seems DN soften towards YR I am sure she will forgive her and at the end, she will end up having two moms and a great brother, now I want them to develop the romance between SH and DN if it is possible to speed up they will have a great obstacle 1. DN still need to clear her name,2. she is JH's sister and it is kind of tabu to be with your sister fiance 3. SK and Ruby are the other obstacles though they might end up divorcing since he will go to jail for fraud and tampering evidence 4. DN father company and death is surely related to the chairwoman it might be the biggest problem but also it might work in Dn favor since she will be the largest shareholder if thigs turn to the rightful owner. none the less there is a lot to cover in the coming 40 episodes and I wish the writer doesn't drag it with filler episodes 

Greetings, Chingu...

Waiting for Ep. 79 raw to upload somewhere but in the meanwhile I just wanted to comment on the DN mom taking memory-suppressing drugs thing...  I was thinking that the reason she "clicked" when DN called out "its your daughter, DN" is because she had been several days without the medication.  During the period just prior to the arrest and while they were incarcerated JBS ran out of the medicine which is why after they were released YK asked GM to deliver the package.  It may be that this plus the time she was living at the restaurant, may have been enough time for the medication to leave her system so that the longer she's off it, the more memory she will regain...  Anyway, that's all for now...  still trawling....  

Episode 79. Seems like Soonhee's memories are still hazy due to having consumed the memory suppressant pills over the course of 4 years. But since she's around familiar faces now who will also look after her, it'll come back in no time. :)

But of course there's the Hongs who tries their might to prevent Soonhee from remembering the past. I'm super mad at Yookyung at what she had done. And also for what she'll be doing in the upcoming episode. :angry: Plus, who in the world places a paper bag containing castella cake in the sink? That poor paper bag and cake... -_- *hangry feelings growing within*

So in this episode, Sunho finds out that Dalnim is Yiran's long lost daughter. So automatically he links Dalnim as Jaehee's older sister. (See, everyone talks about how Dalnim is Yiran's daughter but no one mentioned Dalnim being Jaehee's sister till now) :D

@euraka I noticed you mentioned it's taboo to be with your sister's fiancé. I personally don't think so in this case considering the sister has already passed away. I guess it also differs between different cultures. Which was why initially I was unsure if Dalnim/Jaewook's relationship was deem acceptable to Korean social standards.

Back to the story, before Sunho discover the reason why Jaewook took back his proposal ring from Dalnim, Sunho decided to spend his morning before work to visit Dalnim and Soonhee.

CWiroNr.jpg

We all know how hardworking Sunho has been in trying to help Dalnim to look for her mother but since Soonhee has no knowledge of it, it was hilariously awkward to see Sunho's attempt at being friendly being rebuffed by Soonhee who remembers him as the one who pointed Dalnim as the culprit 4 years ago. But good old Dalnim resolved the situation naturally. :)

So Soonhee is now staying at Yiran's place. Apparently there's only 3 bedrooms at Yiran's place. No guest room. Noted.

5syCE3w.jpg

It's nice to see them being cordial and happy. :) I really hope that both Yiran and Dalnim will warm up and open up to one another soon. Something tells me that Soonhee will be the middle person to resolve the matter. I'm also hoping that Dalnim will know the truth of Yiran being her mother first before we move on to the mystery of her father's death and it's relations to Mr Hyun and chairwoman Cha. Lesser complications, more ally for Dalnim for future battles.

I wanna talk about the preview for tomorrow but let's just leave it for tomorrow eh? *winks*

Ep78 is having the highest ratings of this drama since broadcast (AGB National: 13%; TNmS National: 15.4%).

Last week its ratings was ranked no. 5 in among all Korean dramas in non-cable TV channels.

Maybe because the storylines are getting intense recently?

By the way I watched Ep79 today,

Spoiler

and fail to understand how Yiran's domestic helper can be lured by SNake's mom to drug Dalnim's mom. It is a serious criminal offense. However dire her financial situation is, it is beyond normal that she violates the law.

OH SH you make the biggest mistake of telling SNake that you have feelings for DN,   I am so certain that SNake going to hurt DN physically may be run her with car or send thug to kidnap her, after all, she is psychopath, I kind of feel sorry for YR when she looked at DN and her mom bonding moment I hope DN knows she is her mother soon so that she can forgive her. from the preview, chairwoman will know about SK  

Wow, episode 80 has so much good stuff!!   SHarlock, once again, is fixing things....this time it's a chair repair where he needed Dalnim to get him a screw driver.  Last time it was the new door lock.  You know what I said about guys who fix things for a lady....it means he's serious..and he's a keeper.   SHarlock looked every bit a man who is wooing a new prospective mother-in-law bringing lots of gifts to Dalnim's adoptive mom.  And the way he talked with her was so attentive and extra sweet.    He is really a goner for Dalnim.

SNake is deliciously jealous of SHarlock's attention and interactions with Dalnim.  As she confronted Dalnim and Dalnim stood her ground strongly.   SHarlock told SNake in no uncertain terms that he will not marry her.  SNake then tried to minuplate SHarlock after testing to see if his feeling for Dalnim were serious and when the answer came back ...she did her begging and crying routine and we got to see SHarlock cooly stand and walk away from her.  FINALLY!  The overly concessionary soothing by SHarlock is OVER!!

I was sad to see Chef hurting and yet he was still happy for Dalnim and her mom's reunion as well as bio mom's happiness at having her daughter in her home.  What a man!!!  Sigh!!!  Oh, those adorable dimples when he turns on his 100 watt smile turn me into a fan girl!!  Please become a lead in your next drama! 

SNake's insane confidence/arrogance is so being tested...she tried to get SHarlocks mother to change his mind about the marriage.  He told his mom no way.  Not going to happen.  SNake is crazy enough to become totally unhinged as she sees SHarlock as her absolute property.  Then the fact that he likes Dalnim will set up a replay of the JaeHee scenario.  So Dalnim better watch her back.  

3 hours ago, euraka said:

OH SH you make the biggest mistake of telling SNake that you have feelings for

I think this was good, because what is worse for SN...having the guy she killed for, dump her and the fall  for the girl she framed. It will make her make a mistake and that will bring everything crashing down on her.

1 hour ago, desertflower said:

SNake is crazy enough to become totally unhinged as she sees SHarlock as her absolute property

Actually...she killed his fiancé for him, it makes sense that she treats him as her property. In her mind, she deserves him, because "he" (actually her obsession for him) made her do the unthinkable. She will never blame herself for the things she did wrong. She will blame him (like what she had done before)

"Oppa, you don't know what I had to do to get here"

"Oppa, if only you...."

"Oppa, I did this for you to notice me....

blah blah blah

Snake went on and on blaming and framing DM killed JH now it's only a matter of time that she'll try to kill DM since SH has told her that he has DM in his heart.. That has completely pushed her over the edge.. She'll be diving into the deep end now.. 

Well halmoni has heard of thr past she won't do nothing since her G/daguter is pregnant but I'm wondering what will she think of her G/SIL family.. Especially learning the facts thst he help cover his sister crime and framed his innocent pregnant Ex-Lover for it so he could marry rich.

On 9/27/2017 at 7:34 PM, awsparkle said:

@mel22

YK was trying to give DN's mother the memory suppressing  drug they were feeding to her before. In the next ep YK pays YR's housekeeper to put the drug in DN's mother's food. The housekeeper gets scared when she sees the mothers reaction after she eats some of the drugged food. She should be since she fed a drug to someone she knows nothing about. Plus a drug she probably has no idea what it was. Once YR finds out the mother has been drugged and by whose instructions  the war will be on. She let things slide with the blackmail for the shares but she's not going to let this slide. 

@awsparkle  Yes YR will also become unhinged and will blackmail snake and her mother I see her getting her shares back the same way they was taken..Now that Sh has told Lil snake about his feelings for DM she will tell DM who her real mother is once she put under the pressure.. She will tell DM that her real mother gave up her shares to cover up the fact that she's her Bio mom anything to hurt DM.. All because she can't have SH but I see this as being the button to push DM right into SH arms sending snake into kill mode.. The more SH learns about her hurt to DM thr further he will push away from her and hate her.  

SN needed to hear those words from SH because he has tried reasoning with her many times. Nothing he said got through to her so now she has the cold facts he doesn't trust her or like her.  In the back of SH's mind the thoughts of SN having something to do with JH's death is there but he doesn't want to phantom the thought she would go that far to be with him. SH is a facts and proven evidence kind of person and he has to see it for himself. Now that he's told SN he likes DN the proof of how far she would go to make him hers will show its self. SH has no idea the danger he's placed DN and his family in. 

SN's words to SH she will become someone he needs she will try to make happen.  In her crazy deluded mind DN being YR's daughter is the cause again.  She going to do any and everything possible to prove to SH she's the better woman. If it means she has to removed DN by death she will. 

When SN finds out it was DN's father's patent she will try and use it against the Chairwoman and Director Hyun. What she won't be expecting is Hyun is a bigger snake then she is.  He was using SN for his own agenda but once her ego pushes him into a corner he's going to turn and bite her. One of the things SN has failed to realize is she only has shares and no money to go up against Hyun, the Chairwoman and YR. They were the power and the money behind her but her arrogance and ego made her think she could use them and throw them under the bus.

YK and SK's greed helped boost SN's ego and made her believe she could do anything to anybody and get away with it. They are a team only together but apart their weak. SK is the weakest link of the team and when cornered he  folds and blurts out the truth. SN and YK are very much alike and have no conscience. They do whatever it takes and don't care who they hurt as long as it benefits them. SN and YK would throw SK under the bus if it meant saving themselves. YK's weakness is SN whom she protects with everything she has in order to benefit herself. SN's weakness is SH and if taken away she will completely lose it and come unglued. If it means throwing her mother under the bus she would to save herself. YK has to be made to see she created the monster in SN and it was her greed that did it. 

Omo! Episode 80 is the best! Also, we've overcome two-thirds of this Sweet Enemy journey! Manse! :lol: I'm feeling giddy (of excitement!) while typing this out. It's gonna be a challenge for me to lay out my thoughts this time round. So pardon me if I sound incoherent. :D *takes a deep breath* ok, here we go.

First Sena tried to extort Yiran her Food and Top's shares but Yiran is not buying it since she has everything she wanted (Dalnim and Soonhee are already safe under her care) and will not succumb to Sena's trick again. Sena, running out of ideas, returns to the "Dalnim-killed-Jaehee" threat in desperation. She sweared to the skies to Yiran that she didn't kill Jaehee. Let's see her get struck by lightning. Kidding! She and her family deserves much worse than that. :tongue:

Sena realized that she can't use Dalnim as an excuse to get things she wanted anymore so in this episode, we see her trying to dig deep into chairwoman Cha's past and discovered that Choigo Foods' success stems from a meat aging technique patented by Mr Hyun. So we can now suspect that Mr Hyun might have stolen it from Dalnim's father in the past since he was a professional butcher. Whatever it is, Ms Cha still feels the guilt from whatever happened in the past. This was shown when eventhough she was nominated for Best Entrepreneur Prize which seems to be a big recognition for the company, she didn't feel elated as one would be. From here I'm guessing that being a morally upright person, Ms Cha felt that she didn't deserve the award based on the mysterious past.

Then we have this beautiful scene between Yiran and Soonhee:

QdV12VF.jpg

The moment between these 2 consoling one another was touching... until a certain Sunho arrives with a basket of fruits. :D

g8ZDfCz.jpg

Sunho is like a very dedicated social worker. Remember he visited Dalnim and Soonhee at Dalnim's apartment the day after they were reunited? This time Sunho visits Soonhee after she stayed a night at Yiran's, probably during his work break. And apparently he fell in love with Soonhee's vegetable pancakes. Sunho then heads to the restaurant, met Dalnim, talks about his newly found love (the pancakes), while Sena silently observes them.

But Sunho also brought up a good point here. Yiran is no longer living alone in the house. She now has someone who she can talk and confide to as a friend. Notice that Yiran rarely have other female acquaintances or friends that she could relate to? (besides Yookyung the manipulator :mellow:) Having Soonhee who shares a common life tragedy (losing child) and daughter - Dalnim (though Soonhee doesn't know this yet) may brighten up Yiran's lonely heart.

Then out of normal expectations, Sunho went to Yiran's house again in the evening after his work, bringing along several memory booster foods (for memory recovery) he researched online, for Soonhee.

KRbsawH.jpg

Not only Sunho acted as a deliveryman, he actually stayed behind to peruse Soonhee's photo album together with her. When a man praises a woman to be pretty, there's a chance that he most likely likes her. And there was a tiny moment where Soonhee might have realised it before Sunho tries to divert the attention away. Then comes in Dalnim and before he left, Sunho realised the chair in the room was squeaky and loose. So handyman Sunho get to work immediately. (can he fix it? yes he can!) It seems that teasing Dalnim is something that Sunho is fond of doing lately. As he glance around the room, he saw Jaehee's family photo and admitted that Dalnim and Soonhee's presence has brought warmth to the otherwise grim place that he avoided after Jaehee's death.

So yeah. We all know how caring Sunho can be. But like someone mentioned above, Sunho's actions can be interpreted like a person trying to impress his future mother-in-law. Haha! :lol:

Moving on, we have 2 different conversations taking place.

rJpgk1E.jpg

Yiran and Jaewook had a heart to heart talk with regards to Jaewook's relationship with Dalnim. Despite Yiran's apology and her willingness to let him do as his heart wishes, Jaewook stood his ground and wants to be with Dalnim as her brother. (But he looked so brokenhearted T_T) I also noticed he relaxed his hair. No longer frizzled/permed-looking. Which is a nice change.

Then we have a father-and-son talk. Yes! Finally! I've been wondering when these 2 will talk again. I've always thought that Sunho needs someone to talk to and also to listen to him other than the ladies in his home. And that person is no other than his dad! Anyway, Sunho kept his dad up-to-date with regards to Dalnim being Yiran's daughter. Sunho then goes into a daze and spilled his feelings on how Dalnim meeting her mother made him realized that not giving up on hope gives it a chance to heal a heart in despair. Being a man with strong values, Kobong beams at his son at learning something that is invaluable, thanks to Dalnim.

Now we move on to the housekeeper that Yookyung managed to blackmail. Sigh. Soonhee definitely knew something was wrong with her food because of the taste but refused to make a scene out of it. I'm desperately hoping that the housekeeper gets caught or some other actions to stop Soonhee from consuming the pills. Perhaps the memory booster foods that Sunho brought can counterattack the effects of the pills? Is that stretching too far? Anyway that housekeeper needs to be stopped. And this is why Yiran is cold at heart sometimes. People take advantage of her kindness. Sigh. :(

giphy.gif

Dalnim can now happily remove the flyers looking for her mum and after removing 3 thumbtacks effortlessly, she suddenly had trouble removing the last one and who to the rescue? Bam! Sunho appeared and rescued Dalnim from the inevitable stubborn thumbtack! Hahahaha! :lol:

Anyway, Dalnim now knows that the only thing that Sena wants in life is Sunho (thanks to Sena's repeated angry rants at her) and it's kinda cool to hear Dalnim proclaim that she'll never let Sena win if what it takes is to only make Sena lose Sunho. Because to Sena, losing Sunho equals to losing everything. So Dalnim figured out that Sena should never have Sunho and never will be. Simple deduction done!

Now let's talk about Sunho's thoughts in this episode. Ever since he found out Sena lied and kept Dalnim's identity from Yiran (plus many other horrendous things before that), Sunho has finally made up his mind and decided that the engagement annulment's effect should be made permanent. He goes as far as pleading his mum to not mention Sena to him ever again. He even declared that he believes in Dalnim when confronted with Sena's cry of "Dalnim-killed-Jaehee" lie. And the final scene of this episode reveals why. There's someone in his heart. It's Dalnim.

*gasp*

So basically Sena is back to square one. Or rather, she's having a dejavu. The man she desires is now interested in another woman. As luck would have it, the woman is the sister of the person the man had fallen in love with previously. Many said this puts Dalnim in danger. Considering how deranged Sena is, I think it's possible that Sena might want to harm her. But rather than speculating, I just prefer to wait and see what Sena will do next.

Kobong beating the crap out of Sekang scene has been edited out it seems. I mean, it's hard to remain under the same roof and pretend nothing happened when your brother-in-law beats you up. But upcoming episode looks promising when somehow Soonhee ended up at Choigo Foods' office and attacked Sekang, with Kobong and his mother witnessing the scene. :D

-------

You know, I rant too much this time. Haha! Got overly excited and my fingers couldn't stop. I ended up giving the full plot for this episode. Hehe. :D

PvFkdpO.jpg

You can skip my full post and simply read the summary description given by VIU for this episode to get the main gist of it. :tongue:

------

Happy weekend! :glasses:

@dynamo14 @carlemyers would it be presumptuous to assume that the writer considered this aspect

some drugs need to be taken in these gelatine capsules so that they can survive the stomach acid. Although there could be some absorption through the palate, most absorption takes place in intestine...so emptying the content of the capsule into the food, which is then eaten, the drug has to survive pH 2 in stomach. It is possible her dose is a lot lower ( because most of the drug is destroys) thus there is a minimal effect to her memory. 

9 hours ago, dynamo14 said:

Kobong beating the crap out of Sekang scene has been edited out it seems. I mean, it's hard to remain under the same roof and pretend nothing happened when your brother-in-law beats you up. But upcoming episode looks promising when somehow Soonhee ended up at Choig

It could happen next week as, when Kobong finds out Sk abandoned a pregnant DM 

Archived