[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2017] I Love My President Though He Is A Psycho 总裁在上我在下

sugarplum892

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, miaka27 said:

i agree he is a jerk but he's a bigger jerk in the novel lol.  He has his reason for breaking up with XN but he will realize he is wrong and will do some crazy things to get her back.  The novel is actually a lot better than the drama.  GO has a very high IQ but very low EQ when it comes to emotions.  

I just want to know how the drama will be shorten and if they will change the ending.  I am not at the end of the novel it's so LONG and I have to re read each chapter a few times to make sure I'm understanding it correctly.  :bawling:

I suppose in hindsight it's easy to say that XN probably should have left sleeping dogs lie but then it's possible that Mona would have found the means anyway to come between them. It is to XN's credit that she figured out rather quickly that Mona was a two-faced, completely untrustworthy intrusion in their lives. And on the upside she was to a large degree the catalyst to GO proposing to XN sooner rather than later as he sensed that she was very uneasy and insecure. At least he had the sense to ask FD for some advice about women. :D

The proposal was very sweet and very GO. He said he was told women needed surprises and so he sprung the best one he could. He gave her jewellery and offered her marriage. He didn't give too many choices. It was "marry me, marry me or marry me". Heh. She feigned indignance protesting at the type of proposal she was receiving. It felt like she was being forced into marriage. :wink: But of course she was thrilled to bits. 

The confrontation that XN had with Mona shows once again how much people underestimate XN. She maybe good-hearted and kind but she's not a fool. She saw through Mona's antics quickly enough and told her without mincing words that she was the biggest hypocrite she'd ever met. Mona admittedly it as much and said she'd liked GO since 5 years earlier and that she'd done everything in that time to be deserving of him. When XN tells her that GO only cares about her XN, Mona cynically points out that GO doesn't have much control over his own marriage. 

It's somewhat of a consolation to me that GO is doing everything under duress and that he hasn't been hypnotized or has changed his mind about XN.  I think that summary that @LyeKIM posted... sorry I didn't get to it sooner... but I've been waiting for my sister-in-law to check it... does provide the underlying rationale for the erratic change of behaviour. There's definitely a dark family secret and it does involve XN. It also appears that GO's older brother was a twin. 

There's no doubt that GO does love XN and he is definitely being blackmailed into breaking up with XN for fear of Mona destroying her life. I think he did try and drop her hints at the beginning when he first told her that they should break up.

I've decided to stop with the long recaps since I'm now helping to translate and edit the subs for each episode. Both are very time consuming and it's best I focus on one or the other otherwise I won't have much of a life. :wink:

@40somethingahjumma I feel so bad that all I have to offer you is my heartfelt thanks but I'm hoping you can feel my thankfulness for all your support and hard work on this thread I have been busy so I feel bad that I didn't give you much support.  I hope you know how much your posts have meant.  Thank you so very much for everything!!!!:wub:

@USAFarmgirl It's always a pleasure and while it is a lot of work... it's getting me to dust the cobwebs off what little Chinese I do have and expand my vocab. Plus Mainland Chinese folk have their own regional variations that I'm not accustomed to. (Like British and American English)

I've just handed in my edits for Episode 5 Part B and so it's now up to the Uploader-Subber to get it online and release it publicly.

@40somethingahjumma  I guess I should be thanking you for everyone and also I am thankful for the fact that your willing to help others like myself who really want to enjoy this but don't have the knowledge or talent to do so without depending on others.  Again Thank you REALLY:wub:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQQqOzKfG4J_ESZgTFKd-eimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcRAYnBuTR6ZMloXk5xtZZLimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcSuQofnZpkvUPlOLUOraLZ

I agree with @40somethingahjumma  something isn't right with GO I mean he seems to treat XN coldly in the day but when she was a sleep he sneaks a peak at her and watches her with eyes that just make you know he loves her so.  I can't stand Mona or his Mother no wonder he is messed up who wouldn't be with a Mother like that...

I loved how XN even with little caring from GO didn't crumble right away but kept trying to love him through it all and was so patient in her understanding of him that is until the bathtub scene which at first mind you without subs of course that my first thought was it even really him after Mona's trick on XN at the restaurant through the window that shows just what a low life this woman is.  Pure evil and a snake just like his Mom no wonder they get along so well two peas in a pod or one in the same... LOL:lol:

I thought the most romantic thing I have seen so far was him trying to give her some fruit using his mouth I had seen the picture early on but seeing it in the raw was done well and sure was able to make my heart tingle.  This OTP really does have great chemistry not sure about the real actors age difference but they look great together on screen that's for sure...

I hope everyone has a great weekend and hoping to read your thoughts as well!!!  Fighting PSYCHO's!!!!!:w00t::wub:

On 3/30/2017 at 1:41 AM, miaka27 said:

@newshirt this drama air ever Friday.  5 more episode.  I am also reading the novel but my Chinese is not that great so cannot understand some of the smaller details in the novel...I wished I would have paid attention during my years in Chinese school!!

AHh! thank you! :D  <3 can't wait for the next episode!! 

On 3/30/2017 at 6:19 PM, LyeKIM said:

Poster for ep 6:

There is also a synopsis:

简介: 根据掌阅文学排名第一,旗下趣阅小说网签约作者、顶级言情天后姜小牙的同名小说改编:时小念在事故中受到了惊吓,导致胎位不稳,住进了医院。期间莫娜以治疗为名,带宫欧四处走动,不断入侵宫欧的空间,企图霸占宫欧。而宫欧在一张哥哥的旧照片中发现了时小念的身世的秘密……

Credits to Letv

Introduction:

Adapted from a romance novel by Jiang Xiao Ye, who is the leading romance author signed with Fun Reading Network, the No. 1 subsidiary novel network of China’s literary website, iReader. (Thanks to my sister-in-law, YN, for translating this part)

Shi Xiao Nian enters the hospital after experiencing a scare when an accident led to the displacement of the fetus. Mona, under the guise of treatment, takes Gong Ou everywhere, constantly invading Gong Ou’s space, in an attempt to dominate him. And Gong Ou discovers from an old picture of his older brother the secret behind Shi Xiao Nian’s lot in life...

Sorry it took so long but I hope it helps.

https://youtu.be/IcdozaQ5JIo

Hi everyone here's ep 7 preview.  QC is gonna return to save XN.  GO threaten to kill himself if his mom does not return XN.  He will know that the child she's carrying is his.  

I think this episode will be pretty exciting!!! XN return to her real family.  XN biological parents are actually pretty well off and QC is working for her parents now.  He never boarded the plan, just like the novel!

On 4/2/2017 at 10:14 PM, miaka27 said:

https://youtu.be/IcdozaQ5JIo

Hi everyone here's ep 7 preview.  QC is gonna return to save XN.  GO threaten to kill himself if his mom does not return XN.  He will know that the child she's carrying is his.  

I think this episode will be pretty exciting!!! XN return to her real family.  XN biological parents are actually pretty well off and QC is working for her parents now.  He never boarded the plan, just like the novel!

So we'll be seeing a new Xiao nian, I guess? At last, she'll be free and enjoy her life with her family. But with Qianchu looming around... 

006yRNy6ly1feakwqp2ssj31hc0u0whj.jpg

She's like a boss here. Hehe. And maybe that's her mom? I haven't seen ep 6 fully since I'm quite busy TvT but I saw Mona's quite irritating behavior (an understatement?) and it is gratifying to see her sit in Gongou's chair of interrogation in ep 7.  (She was that girl w/ Gongou on the bath! I definitely have bad eyes-_-)

006yRNy6ly1feakwr58i4j31hc0u0wh4.jpg

Credits to 网络剧总裁在上我在下 weibo

Thanks for that translation and your future subs of the drama @40somethingahjumma!!!

Thanks for the translations, pics, videos, and previews everyone.. Its been a bit since I last posted. I am not sure if I missed it or not. But how on earth did XN end up with those awful people adopted? How did her family loose her (or get rid of her) and why or is this something that is brought up in the next episode? Did that family not know XN's family was well off when they took her in?

I haven't watched the episode 6 yet since it is still raw, however I can imagine what happened. Mona Lancaster was supposed to treat GO's illness (paranoia) but instead, she did the opposite so that GO started mistrusting XN. Only later, he realised that he had been manipulated therefore he will use his methods (liar detector) to know the whole truth. She will experience what XN had been put through first. Not her family and wealth will be able to save her. Her torment is only the backfire from her own scheme.

I really like our heroine because she is the most sane person in this story. Despite being hurt by all of these crazy people, she is able to see through them and their lies so that she doesn't appear as a stupid person. Her only problem is that she is powerless. But since her biological family finds her, she will get power and a different reputation. Now, GO's family might appear as small cake compared to them. 

Better late than never! Here's the poster for today's ep:

006yRNy6ly1fee659o4ntj31g31wa1i3.jpg

(And before I go back to studying...)That's good question @Ldy Gmerm pointed out. I hope that gets answered in ep. 7 and what will more will happen to Shidi's family now that Xiao nian returned to her parents (I don't what to see them again though) but given her good heart I think they'll be left untouched. I also agree to @bebebisous33 's insights about Mona & her plans backfiring on her. I'm curious how devastated she'll be under Gongou's method of interogation. Now that Xiao nian found her real parents, she deserves all the good treatment she'll receive from them after experiencing all the  craziness she went through.

Credits to 网络剧总裁在上我在下 weibo

I tried reading the novel too coz just can't wait to know what will happen. The drama is a messy one from ep.1 yet so addictive, so is the novel. But seriously, they are quite different I'd say. I finally decided to give up reading the novel quarter-way through tho' coz it's too long and too racy/violent for my taste. Can't stand GO in the novel at times. Watching this drama adaptation is so much milder. However, I suspect there will be confusion because it is way too condensed from the novel. (10 episodes vs. >1000 short chapters lol)

@40somethingahjumma I have just watched the episode 7 RAW and I've got a question: didn't QC lie to XN by announcing her that her child had died just after his birth? When the doctor talked to her, XN told him that she wanted to keep the baby. Did I understand it correctly?

I have the impression that QC wanted to get rid of the boy. I was shocked by the brutality in this episode:

- GO beating his men for their failure

- all the nurses, guards and doctors were dead, killed by firearms!! We can see the difference of the violence: QC wanted to make sure that the secret wouldn't be revealed: the boy was alive. Without her child, QC can court XN. It's like a new and fresh start. If the boy had been around, XN would never agree to have another man in her life. 

1 hour ago, bebebisous33 said:

@40somethingahjumma I have just watched the episode 7 RAW and I've got a question: didn't QC lie to XN by announcing her that her child had died just after his birth? When the doctor talked to her, XN told him that she wanted to keep the baby. Did I understand it correctly?

I have the impression that QC wanted to get rid of the boy. I was shocked by the brutality in this episode:

- GO beating his men for their failure

- all the nurses, guards and doctors were dead, killed by firearms!! We can see the difference of the violence: QC wanted to make sure that the secret wouldn't be revealed: the boy was alive. Without her child, QC can court XN. It's like a new and fresh start. If the boy had been around, XN would never agree to have another man in her life. 

No TC did not say to XN that her baby died.  He said while rescuing her, Charles the butler took her baby so the Gong family now has her child.  When XN told the doctor she want to keep the baby, she means her baby's life is more important than her life so must save the baby.  Actually the doctor wanted to save her before she gives birth but XN has been lied to so much she does not believe the doctors good intention.  So she would rather give birth first and leave the baby with GO family because she know they will take care of her baby.  She think she can come back for the baby later.  She doesn't know who this doctor is and cannot trust anyone.  That is why TC came personally to take her back.  

Also TC does not want to get rid of the boy.  He wants to take the boy with XN.  He told the doctor that If GO has her child then he will use the child to get XN back.  tc knows that the most important thing in XN life now is her baby and knowing her personality he knows she will do anything for the baby even get back with GO.  

Actually they change the drama a bit from the novel here.  In the novel XN has twins a boy and a girl.  And in the novel TC made XN promise she would not go back to GO if he saves her.  

Preview ep 8 is out. They are gonna get married. 

Archived