[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2017] I Love My President Though He Is A Psycho 总裁在上我在下

sugarplum892

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Major spoiler ep5.  

Read only if you want to know.....

Just finished watching ep. 5.  Super crazy.  XN meets his mom and I was right his mom does not think she's good enough for GO.  she tells XN her family background is too bad and showed XN a folder with her pick of his perfect wife.  XN tells his mom that yes she doesn't have social status, education and grooming like a socialite, but there's one thing she can offer GO which is happiness.  She tells his mother she will try to learn to be his perfect partner.  His mother gave her three months.  XN starts studying day and night and it was too much for her so she fainted.  GO saw this and took her out to relax but he was called to go to a meeting.  She told him to go and she will just go back to her room at the hotel.  She decided to sit outside for a minute and saw someone who look like TC.  The guy started walking away and she follows.  She kept calling TC and when he turned around it wasn't him.  

SD kidnap XN and brought in a group of masked guys to gang rape her.  She wakes up in her room with GO.  GO think she got rape but she denied it and kept telling him they didn't rape her.  XN then went to confront GO mother and told her she knew the gang rape was her plan.  She made sure that the men marked her body to make it seem like she was raped.  GO mom admit to it and said even though they didn't rape her GO will not believe it.  It will always be in the back of his head and he will not want to be with her because of this.

Next scene:   Later XN got a pregnancy test and found that she is pregnant with GO child.  She was super happy and told GO. GO does not believe it's his child and gave her a glass of milk spiked with abortion drug.  She refuse to drink it and knock the drink down.  Then he got upset and walked away.  Seems like he was getting drunk every night and hanging out with different women.  

He got so drunk one night and went crazy on the girls and knocked down the wine glass and cut his hand.  He kept drunk talking and said He just want to be with XN.  He went to look for her and started rambling about how she's going to leave him once she gives birth to the child.  XN tried to console him and told him she promise she won't leave him.  She thought his rambling was sweet.  The next morning they had breakfast together.  She played the whole drunk conversation to GO and he called her a psycho for recording it.  

Later she went to his office to bring him lunch and saw him blow off on his staff.  She then asked him to go see a doctor help him cure his mental illness.  He said he doesn't want.  She told him to do it for her and tried to entice him to get treatment.  She first told him she would cook more for him.  GO told her that's good but he that's not enough.  He told her he wants cosplay.  If I'm correct I think his meaning is some sex haha.  

Last scene, they are waiting for the doctor and that's when the fiance comes in.  For all who is wondering, the girl Mona is his fiancé who comes from a really good background.  From what GO mother told XN, Mona is the Lancaster heiress and her family is even more well off than GO's family.

i just gave you guys a short summary.  Sorry it's not that detailed :(

1 hour ago, miaka27 said:

Major spoiler ep5.  

Read only if you want to know.....

Thank you very much! Seems the episode today's coping up with the lack of craziness from the previous ep. It is now very clear that the child from the spoilers is from their present relationship. So what happened 3 yrs. ago is now set aside? It would have been better thought if they showed a flashback of it. 

I was trying to watch the raw in YT but unfortunately the videos for ep 5 were immediately blocked due to copyright. I had the chance to watch only from the start up to the meeting between Xiao nian and Gongou's mom via live streaming in YT.  :bawling:

Ok so I watch ep 6 preview and read some of the conversation.  For people who are wondering about the bathtub scene, he was not drugged.  Although the preview does not explain this, there is a scene where his fiancé said to GO " if you want to chase after her, you can.  As long as you don't value her life".  So she has something that can threaten him to break up with XN.  I think probably her family. Will see next week.  Anyway, I think he starts being mean and cold hearted to her next episode to keep her safe for now until he figures out how to deal with the fiancé and his parents. 

@LyeKIM  Yes, the child from the spoiler is from their current relationship and I believe what happened 3 years ago is all out in the open.  Now the craziness is how they will stay together.  I can't wait until the next episode.  I set my alarm on at 1:30 am every Friday night so I can watch the new episode before it gets taken off of youtube, This is the first time I have actually followed a drama like this.  Normally I hibernate a few months and then check out what dramas are out and complete before watching it.  I couldn't do it for this drama...:astonished:

@miaka27 Don't bother with Youtube. People are uploading really crappy quality vids on there so they don't get banned as quickly. Just go to Maplestage. I don't speak a lick of Chinese but that's where I go to watch raws and there is enough English on there for anyone to get by. Message me if you need help finding it and I'll give a direct link to all five eps.

I Love My President Ep 5 Recap (1)

Quite a lot takes place in this episode. Apparently there’s very little rest for the OTP. Crazy families who will do anything to keep them apart is at the top of the list. External and internal factors rear their heads in an attempt to keep them apart. Mrs Gong comes to stay for a stint and does her worst. Her manipulations lead to some trying moments for XN.

Spoiler

The episode begins with XN searching online for information but there’s nothing that deals with her exceptional situation. She then attempts a different approach. “Social etiquette practised by prominent families” XN tells herself the she needs to be lofty and elegant. XN wonders whether such days are at the beginning or end.

Mummy Dearest arrives in her manner befitting her stature. She greets Gong’ou and notes that he’s become more handsome after a time of not seeing him. Then she frowns and says that he doesn’t look too good. FD comments that the young master hasn’t been well lately. Then she makes a pointed response about the normally trusty FD allowing a whole lot of things to happen… with particular reference to GO publicly announcing who his lover is. She wonders why FD didn’t prevent it from happening which is causing her and GO’s father to question if FD is capable of being the family butler. GO gathers that his mother’s return on this occasion is to deal with this situation. She openly declares her motives and says that her son has accepted such an adorable lover so as the mother she has to come and meet her. FD urges them to head inside.

XN is learning how to make tea properly but the taste falls short of how the family usually does it. GO comes in, grabs her tea cup and drinks it. He compliments XN on the taste and says it’s a worthy effort. She then asks him how his conversation with Aunty went. He takes another sip and tells her that Mother wants to talk to her alone. 

XN paces outside the room and we get a flashback to a conversation between GO and XN. “There’s something I need to say to you.” GO tells her not to be intimidated. He understands what his mother’s like. He tells her that whatever happens later that she not be intimidated. This is the first time he’s announced publicly about a girlfriend, he doesn’t know what means his mother will use to deal with XN. He has gone against the family for her sake so he asks her to trust him, not wanting XN to be intimidated no matter what takes place. Then he says, “What the heck… I’ll go in with you.” XN stops him from saying anything further and tells him she trusts him. She gives him a peck and says she’s hungry and would love some omurice (I think). 

XN gets FD to announce her entry as she goes to greet Mother who is sipping a glass of red. XN calls her Aunty. Mother isn’t impressed and picks her up on it. She doesn’t think it’s at all appropriate that XN call her “Aunty”. Instead she tells XN to call her “Madam” like FD and everyone else in the house does. Mother Madam tells her that she doesn’t need to feel ill at ease because all those around her are elegant, open-minded, noble ladies from distinguished families. No matter how much XN tries, she will never learn. (A remark I imagine, calculated to make XN feel her place) So Madam Mother tells XN she’s better off feeling relaxed to be herself.

Then Mother says, “Miss Shi, it’s regrettable that we meet for the first time today and I’m rather disappointed. Even though I’ve done a background investigation on your family, I was in anticipation wondering what kind of girl would cause that arrogant, cold son of mine to take a second look. She must have her unique, outstanding quality. But now I’ve seen Miss Shi, I’m a little disappointed.” 

XN’s response is great. “I would also like to know what it is that Gong’ou sees so highly in me. If I can get an answer from Madam, I will be beyond grateful.”

Mother says…”I finally realised that it's your mouth. But let me tell you, that mouth of yours doesn’t work on me. Miss Shi, don’t you think that Gong’ou has acted excessively for your sake? He’s given his father such a scare. If I hadn’t intervened, would you have been able to speak to me calmly and in one piece. I’ve said so much to you and I don’t want to waste everybody’s time.” Mother pulls out a folder and says that it contains all the criteria and qualifications for Gong’ou’s future wife. She thinks XN needs to take a look. 

The folder is handed to XN who proceeds to browse its content. The first candidate is of the Lancaster (I think) family, a very low-profile prominent family. They don’t broadcast the extent of their assets but apparently they’re even richer and more generous. Mona Lancaster is the heiress of this family. Mother tells XN that she should have the intelligence to understand what she’s saying. But XN says she still wants to try. She knows that an ordinary girl like her is rather small when standing in front of the two families. She can’t be compared to those rich, prominent young ladies. She doesn’t have their family background, education, breeding but she has something they don’t. She reminds Madam about the state of GO’s mental health. She’s able to make him happy and probably help him to recover (I think). XN promises to work hard.

Mother commends her on a fine speech and for having so much confidence to say such things but insists that it’s dependant on GO’s love for her.

FD comes into the room and announces that the young master wants to let them know that the omurice is ready. Mother is stunned. XN informs her that GO made it and tells FD that they will be there shortly. XN asks to be given an opportunity to be worthy of GO. Mother is none too pleased but says, “Let’s wait and see."

I Love My President Ep. 5 Recap (Part 2)

I'm out for at least a couple of hours but will continue when I return... Meanwhile...

Spoiler

Back in her room, XN wonders what kind of difficult task will Madam give her tomorrow. GO throws a towel at her and asks her what she’s thinking. He asks if she’s unable to sleep or if she’s thinking about Qian Chu. XN says that as long as there’s no news of QC, she can’t be at ease. Then she changes the subject and talks about meeting GO’s mum for the first time was like taking some kind of college entrance exam.

GO says he called her out in timely fashion so why would she be afraid. He’s obviously never sat for an entrance exam because he wonders if it’s difficult. XN tells him that kids that grow up overseas have no experience of this. Entrance exams are an unforgettable memory for kids nationwide. XN talks about the year she sat for the entrance exam. She was afraid of studying the wrong things and GO accuses her of being such a nervous wreck. She’s not only nervous about getting on stage, nervous about entrance exams and even more nervous about meeting family. She says only a narcissist like him doesn't get nervous. He grabs her and says that he’s going to help her calm her nerves.

They wander around the forest. XN says it’s getting late and they should go back. She’s not even sure why he brought her to this place, there are no stars to be seen. He tells her just to follow him. She tells him to slow down.

He brings her to the place where she was stranded earlier. When he took her back, he later instructed that the tree in the surrounding area be cut down. XN asks him why he’s even picking fights with trees. He says it’s their fault for keeping her stranded there. He says he only brought her there because he saw she didn’t look too happy. But if he hadn’t had the trees chopped down, would she be able to enjoy such a beautiful view. XN admires the view. And then XN notices that there are fireflies around. 

GO asks her if she finds it all very pretty. She nods happily. He then remarks that XN is more beautiful. In a voice affecting surprise he says to her “Why is it that the more I look at you, the better looking you are? Even your hairstyle is so beautiful.” XN says everything looks good to him because he is pleased with what he sees. Then he goes into ego mode and says that of course a woman that he’s fallen for would become better looking.

(This part is a little hard to translate because there is a play on words here. The word “kan” means to see. But GO says “kan shang” which literally means "look upwards" but is really the equivalent of “taken a fancy to” in English. Things are sadly lost in translation)

XN kisses GO and thanks him for bringing her to such a beautiful place. She thanks him for making the effort to make her happy. She thanks him for being so sure of her. So she will do her best for him. He leans over to kiss her and then says that he doesn’t want to taste her gratitude.

Madam Mother gives XN three months to see what she’s got to become worthy of GO. She sets her the task of learning foreign languages with 2 teachers. English, French, German, Spanish, Russian and Italian. XN hits the books till late in the night.

After their foreheads collide, GO complains that she’s working too hard. XN said she must have fallen asleep that day while studying but GO tells her that she actually fainted. He said luckily he came home earlier otherwise she would have studied herself to death. She placates him by urging him not to get angry as she won’t do it again. He tells her that to be his woman he doesn’t need dishonest tactics and chaos.

FD announces that Madam wants to see XN.  GO forbids it but XN thinks that if Madam wants her to go, she should. GO tries to stop her by noting that Mummy has been trying to break her.  XN doesn’t think it’s Madam Mummy’s fault because she (XN) is too dumb. GO forbids her from going saying that she is already so dumb and if she were too study more, she would be even more stupid. He tells her that he has plenty of money so she can just stay at home, read comic books, and eat good food. XN, however, insists on going. GO carries her off to the seaside.

FD informs Madam that the young master and Miss Shi have gone to the beach. The Madam knows that GO doesn’t want XN to see her so he’s taken her out. FD denies it and says that GO took XN for a bit of break and he got there a little late. The Madam tells FD not to cover for them. She knows her own son, what he’s temperament is like. However, she concedes that she’s discovered that XN has got some strengths. She’s not afraid of hardship, willing to work hard. Most importantly, she’s able to control GO’s temper. If she’s willing to obediently stay by GO’s side and be a passive lover, she will have nothing to say. But she wants XN to know the difficulties and retreat. She should consider that with her family background, wanting to walk in through the door of the Gong family, whether Old Master/Daddy Gong would agree to it. Madam poses a question to FD… if Daddy Gong were to deal with this situation would XN be able to stay here untouched. 

When she dismisses FD she notes that when a person gets older they become soft-hearted.

“Shi XN, don’t blame me. If there’s something to blame, blame yourself for coveting something that doesn’t belong to you."

I Love My President Ep. 5 (Part 3): Kidnapping and aftermath

Spoiler

XN is kidnapped by the very nutty SD who is completely off her rocker. 

SD saunters in and surmises that XN did not expect that they would be meeting again under such circumstances. XN asks her if she realises that she's engaging in kidnapping which is apparently still illegal in China. The illegality doesn't seem to deter SD because no matter how much XN calls out, no one will hear her in that remote location. Delusional, SD rages on about XN being a troublemaker that brings harm to people and rejoices that XN has now fallen into her hands. 

XN is in disbelief that SD still believes that she (XN) is the one who brought harm to her (SD). SD insists that now that XN has now climbed high, she's brought disaster upon her family. Her father is now bankrupt and drinks daily, beating up her mother when he's drunk. As for SD, she used to be a female celebrity (I think) in the commercial world but because of XN, GO chased her out of film circles which in effect killed her. In SD's mind XN is to blame for destroying her everything. The films that she loved, her career... everything.  

XN asks if SD has done all this because of money, if so she will ask GO to give her some. She won't let him create problems for them in future and demands to be released. 

SD calls XN her naive big sister. Did XN really think this was the real reason for kidnapping her? From young, SD lost in one area to XN -- a person. A lifelong defeat. She claims that she liked Qian Chu first. Before he arrived at their home, she had already liked him. She thought of that blind young master who was really gorgeous. If he had wanted to play with her, she would have played with him. The day that it snowed, she had gone too but she was one step behind. She could only stand and watch XN drag him away. From that day onwards QC would only play with XN. SD can't understand why XN was weaker in every aspect except for the matter regarding QC. XN would forever be one step ahead in that regard.

XN tells SD thinks she's right in everything. If SD claims to love QC, then why did she feed him harmful things? SD insists she didn't do it willingly, she just didn't want QC to think of XN who only thought of him as a play mate and thief who didn't love him. He was a fool. SD believes that QC only has her in his heart. 

XN calls it: SD is mad, bonkers, insane, nuts... certifiable. Well, SD doesn't disagree but she think she's better than a murderer like XN. She blames XN for bringing harm to QC. SD goes on a tirade about XN destroying her career, family, marriage blah blah... XN should be glad she hasn't throttled her to death yet.

SD sends in XN's would-be-assailants. She tells them to "take good care" of her big sister.

In the voice-over for the next scene XN muses about her life and how she's gone through so much pain and hardship... the stuff of storybooks. If it's a dream, can she experience the pain and wake up from it? Why is it so painful yet she can't wake up?

XN screams out, FD and GO run to her room. FD asks what he should do about Madam. GO wants her sent back to England. He doesn't want to ever see her again. GO is glad to see that XN is awake. After propping her up he offers her a drink of water. She chokes and he asks her to be more careful. XN insists that she really hasn't been violated but GO doesn't believe it because he says he doesn't care if she has been. He promises to deal with every person who has bullied her. She insists one more time she hasn't been. He tells her that he loves her and doesn't care about these things. 

Mummy Dearest has a flashback of an altercation with GO. He probably smashed her wine glass. (Has anyone else noticed that this woman drinks a little too much? Probably not a happy lady despite all the wealth and bragging about being an elite) She yells that XN is no longer qualified to be his wife, much less the daughter-in-law of the Gong household. She can't understand why GO is lashing out at her. She is his mother after all. GO smashes another wine glass against the floor. He has set his mind on XN for the rest of his life. Whatever kind of person she is, he's holding on to her. Even if Mummy were to send people to cut her into a pile of bones, he would spend the rest of his life embracing this pile of bones. GO storms out of the room.

Later Madam and XN have a little chat. XN knows that it was Mummy Dearest who lent those men to SD. She knows that SD would not have let her off so lightly. Those people only left behind traces of violation but they didn't actually violate her. XN knows that was Mummy's handiwork. Madam admits to it. A woman of her status would not treat a woman like her this way. She only wanted XN to know her place and back off. XN wonders if Madam's not afraid that GO would find out his own mother personally sent people to mistreat his lover.

Madam says she should have realised from the start that GO doesn't know of her involvement (I think). The hotel belongs to the Gong family but she never realised that GO could tolerate a woman who has been violated, speak to her with such vehemence and send her back to England. XN says she wasn't violated. On this matter, Mummy doesn't think anyone would believe her. Even if everyone else believes her as along as GO has the slightest suspicion, it will take root and sprout.  Mummy tells her not to be too smug. All men have their innate weaknesses. As much as he likes or loves, there is already a blemish (I think) no more perfection. He will gradually detest and dislike. How long will GO tolerate XN for?

XN is ready for GO to abandon her. Mum releases a slight chuckle. She appreciates XN's determination and stubbornness, respects her even. But from her experience, she claims, those things are useless.

XN watches from the top floor as Mummy Dearest leaves the building. GO emerges (Love the piano here) and asks her where she was running off to. And demands to know who gave her permission to do so. They embrace. He thought she had disappeared again and was afraid that she had. 

They cling ever more tightly to each other.

Okay, finally... the last part of the recap. I have no idea why they end up so long. :blink: Must learn to streamline and may be take a different approach in future.

I Love My President Ep. 5 (Part 4) -- Somebody's pregnant and somebody doesn't believe he's the father

Spoiler

XN surveils the area where GO meted out punishment to the nutty SD. There she tells us in a voiceover that it's 3 weeks after the event. GO caught the Shi family and SD was begging for mercy as does the rest of the family. GO whips out his pistol in crazy James Bond fashion and aims it at them. In the end XN pleads on their behalf not because she cares about them but because she doesn't want him to have blood on his hands. As her train of thought ends, GO approaches her from behind and invites her to go the office with him. She says she's been rather tired lately and doesn't want to go.

XN realises that she's been missing her period and heads for her room looking for a pregnancy test kit.  It turns out that she is pregnant after all.

In anticipation of telling GO the good news she prepares his favourite dishes and meets him at the door on his return from work. He's wondering what's up... whether she's caught a cold or is feeling dizzy... She makes a toast (and seeing her drink wine while in her pregnancy gives me the heebie jeebies) and they clink glasses.

When GO finally gets out of the bathroom in preparation for bed, XN tells him to come over quickly as she has good news for him. He wonders what it is and why she's smiling so sweetly. She says she really does have good news. GO speculates that she's finally going to "Nurse Play" with him (which I'm assuming is some kind of euphemism for kinky stuff). She calls him a great big lecher and flicks him on the forehead. She tells him that his wish is about to come true and when he asks what it is, she says he is going to be a dad!

When he doesn't respond immediately, she assumes that he's surprised. She explains about her period and had her suspicions, hence the pregnancy test. She realises it isn't accurate so she will have to see the doctor the next day to know how accurate it is. He stares a while at the test results and XN starts to wonder if he's unhappy about it. He says he's going to get changed and call the doctor right away.

The doctor congratulates them both and confirms that XN is 3 weeks pregnant. GO picks up on the 3 weeks bit and asks if the doctor can pinpoint the exact date conception occurred. Doc says that if they want an accurate date, he will need to do a thorough examination of XN. XN says she doesn't want to and runs out of the room. 

Crying as she's sitting at the piano, she asks why he doesn't trust her. Addressing the piano, she wonders what it would do in this situation. He comes over with a glass of milk and notes that she's been crying. She denies it. He tells her it's no big deal that she's crying. He notices her tear-stained face and says she doesn't look good. Still stewing, she says can't be bothered with looking good. Once again she attempts to convince GO that nothing happened that night. He stops her midway as he doesn't want to hear anything concerning that evening. He says they should forget about it. 

GO hands XN the glass of milk and urges her to drink it. She takes a sip and notices an odd taste. A thought occurs to her. She wonders if he's gone mad and is personally killing his own child. All he says is that it is an ordinary glass of milk and urges her to drink it. He wants to let everything return to peace and quiet. She refuses and he promises to take her to the seaside. 

XN insists through tears that the child is really his. How many times does she have to tell him? He says it's not her fault. If she drinks the milk, it will be as if nothing  happened. He tries to force her to drink it but the glass falls to the ground. When he gets up, he says something to the effect that she seems to have made her mind up.

After the fight that night, for a whole week, GO did not return. At times, XN muses, she doesn't even know what she's holding onto and anticipating. "But I am Shi Xiao Nian. I've never given up in the past. I won't now."

GO staggers into the house with two women who take him into the bedroom. XN remembers what she told Mummy about letting GO abandon her.

In the morning, in front of GO, XN asks FD where those two women from last night were. She's thinking that they should be taking care of them together. Before FD can say more than "Yesterday", GO cuts him off to say he's finished with breakfast and is going into the office.

When GO leaves, FD tells her that the two women who helped GO into the bedroom were problematic so he chased them out. XN feigns indifference.

GO is drinking with a couple of scantily clad women and cuts himself on broken glass. He's upset and demands that they all leave. 

Walking around in a daze, he calls out for XN. FD wants to bandage his hand but GO wants none of it and says he wants his XN. He continues muttering in a drunken stupor, "Where's my XN?"

He staggers around the house drunk looking for XN. He shouts outside her bedroom for her, asking where she is. When he sees her standing at her doorway, he runs to her and gives her a desperate hug. He asks her why she ran and tells her not to run. He tells her not to leave him. He asks her not to leave him. She notices that his hand is bleeding, calls him an idiot and tells him he needs to staunch the blood flow. Like a stubborn little boy, he refuses. That night when her hand was cut, his heart was in so much pain. She calls him an idiot again and reminds him that her hand is fine now. She offers to bandage his hand. 

In his drunken state he tells her that if he can't see her for a single day, it drives him crazy. He can't understand why she's so unkind and doesn't think of him. Complaining that she doesn't listen to him, he says a pet animal is more obedient than she is. She agrees. GO then calls her a liar, lying to him that her hand is fine when it's all bandaged. 

Thinking that his bandaged hand is hers, he talks about how her hand has gone rough after not seeing her for a few days. He wants to know what she's been doing. Stroking his own hand he asks her why she hasn't been careful and looking after herself. (LOL. He's really drunk!)

With a knowing smile, she grabs his hand and tells him to look carefully... it's his own hand. As she motions to get up, he grabs hold of her refusing to let her go. He tells her not to leave. 

He says he doesn't want her to give birth to someone else's child, take the child and leave. (Oh gosh... he is paranoid and drunk) He really doesn't want her to leave. 

Pulling his ears she chides him that having a big brain is a good thing. She hopes that he will use it. :wink: Again he tells her not to leave. (I'm sensing a pattern here. LOL.) It doesn't matter to him if she gives birth to someone else's child as long as she doesn't leave. XN reminds him that she's promised him already. GO keeps calling her name and she tells him that if he keeps up with the gibberish, she'll throw him out the door. 

The next day, she plays a recording of what he said the previous night. In his indignance he accuses her of being a pervert for recording it all. She has a good giggle at his expense. 

At the office, GO has a tanty and throws out one of his employees and a sheaf of documents. His face brightens when XN walks through the door. He reminds her that she doesn't need to bring him food every day while she's pregnant. She notes that his bad temper rears its ugly head when she's there only once a day. She's afraid if she doesn't come for a day, he might blow up the NE building. He takes a whiff of the food she's prepared and comments on how nice it smells. He tastes the food and comments on how her cooking is improving. She chastises him for trying to rip apart the subject. She tells him that if there's time they should go to the hospital. He asks if there's something wrong with her. She says she's fine. She wants him to go the hospital to see if his paranoia can be treated. Seeing that he's unresponsive, she tells him that she only wants him to live a peaceful and happy life. She knows that in his heart, he minds the baby and is only suppressing his emotions. He denies it and insists that whenever he sees XN he feels very peaceful. He has no problems. He doesn't need to see a doctor. 

XN tells him that whatever he changes to, she still likes him. He chokes on his drink and asks her why she's confessing to him when they don't see eye to eye. She only wants him to be more at peace so that life isn't that tiring. He says he's not tired. Then she tells him to do it for her sake. If his mental health issues can be treated, she will love him even more, more, more, more. He wants to know why she always picks the moment he's drinking. She nags him once again to do it for her sake. Just try it the one time. 

GO says that the coquettish act doesn't work, that there must be some benefit for him. XN offers to make a big meal. Although a big meal is good there's something he wants more and it's "Nurse Play".  

Some time later in the reception area of the therapist's clinic, GO paces back and forth impatiently before demanding that they leave as he's fine and doesn't need treatment. XN says that they shouldn't let FD down after all the effort he's put into finding the right clinic. GO realises then that the two of them have been conspiring together and wants to leave. XN prevents him from leaving by threatening to withdraw big meal and "Nurse Play" privileges.

The therapist happens to catch the last bit of what XN says. XN quickly dodges the issue and says "50 times" to cover up for saying "Nurse Play". (There's a kind of homophonic play on words going on here. "Hu shi" is "nurse", "wu shi" is "fifty")

The therapist recognizes GO and greets him, "It's been a while, Young Master Gong. I'm Mona Lancaster." 

XN realises she's the Mona Lancaster from Mummy Dearest's list of potential GO wife candidates.

Ep. 6 Preview: 

Things don't look good for the OTP. 

GO: Why are you here?

Unknown vegetable thrower: SXN you...

ML: I hope you can respect me a little. I'm also a woman.

ML: Why?

XN: You're the most hypocritical person I've ever met. (I think)

ML: Thank you for looking after GO all this time.

GO: I didn't let you in. (It's really hard to hear) Please leave at once.

XN: I don't agree.

ML: (I think) You don't need GO

GO: I don't care. I want to break up.

GO: I'll give you three days, Miss Shi. Don't force me to chase you out.

@40somethingahjumma  ThankYouSoMuchHearts.gif Please forgive me for not posting this sooner your hard work meant more than you know and I just read all parts again and was able to watch the raw today as well!!!  Please know I am so thankful for you:wub:

I really feel sorry for our OTP we know it won't be easy and I am a little thrown of by the fact that he doesn't believe her about the rape.  And maybe this sounds crazy but even if it wasn't his child it would still be innocent and still it's a part of her.  I understand it wouldn't be easy but when you really love someone you go the extra miles and love all of them.  I felt so sorry for her about the milk deal and thought forcing her was bit much. But then he is sick and I often forget that...

I can't stand his Mother or any Mothers like that who care more about the connections and girls of the rich and famous instead caring about their child's happiness.  I mean the last thing I would want is for my child to be in a loveless marriage that to me would be the worst...

I thought that XN showed how much she had grown in not being angry about the other girls trying so badly to understand him and his being drunk and even how she took care of him.  Still it can't be easy watching all of that and we know it's going to get worse. I am just hoping GO sees the light and that XN is in fact carrying his child and protects them both...

I don't even have words for XN's family except to say I would run and never look back that's not a family in fact I am not sure what they are.  I know a few colorful words but will just let you use your imagination.  Thanks again to our super hero and recapping Queen who needs to give her fingers a well deserved vacation!!!! :wub:

all credit and thanks to original owner of video

@USAFarmgirl

It's a genuine pleasure and frankly it helps me keep a finger in one of the many pies that I clutter my life with. :wink:

I imagine few things are more frustrating than watching a drama series that's partially subbed and then the subs stop coming. 

What I found interesting about GO in this episode is how insecure and needy he is at his core. I think we all had our suspicions about that but to have it so clearly laid out was the confirmation that we needed. On top of that, he demolished his mother's assumptions about him. She thought that if XN was "sullied" he would soon find her detestable when his suspicious nature was given full flight . But that wasn't it at all. To me it was enlightening that he was more afraid of losing her than she was a woman that had been "violated". 

I think people (his mother included) forget that GO is not a "normal" guy. That's partially what makes him a genius. He doesn't generally behave like other men. (An understatement I know) Even his father knows it and exploits that for the family interests with no thought of having him treated. Furthermore, he's craving to be loved and that craving has never been satisfied until recently. Now that he's had a taste of it, he's not about to let go that easily Sadly his parents are all about grooming him for the business and ensuring the future of said business. Marriage isn't about love or primarily about love. It's about forming business relationships that strengthens future foundations for the family's commercial interests. 

This reminds me of a very old Deanna Durbin film called Something in the Wind where a similar type of scenario takes place. There's a line spoken by the Durbin character about why she, an ordinary singer-DJ, isn't suitable for the scion of a wealthy family. "It's just like breeding race horses." I've always thought that was an excellent analogy for these kinds of arranged marriages. 

I also tend to think that despite the so-called disadvantages of XN's position, GO probably needs her much more than she needs him. (Even his mother grudgingly admits that she provides him emotional stability) Emotionally she's a lot stronger than he is. He, on the other hand, is actually quite fragile emotionally. She was able to handle having those women in the house and openly referred to them at breakfast without any kind resentment.

14 minutes ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

@USAFarmgirl

It's a genuine pleasure and frankly it helps me keep a finger in one of the many pies that I clutter my life with. :wink:

I imagine few things are more frustrating than watching a drama series that's partially subbed and then the subs stop coming. 

What I found interesting about GO in this episode is how insecure and needy he is at his core. I think we all had our suspicions about that but to have it so clearly laid out was the confirmation that we needed. On top of that, he demolished his mother's assumptions about him. She thought that if XN was "sullied" he would soon find her detestable when his suspicious nature was given full flight . But that wasn't it at all. To me it was enlightening that he was more afraid of losing her than she was a woman that had been "violated". 

I think people (his mother included) forget that GO is not a "normal" guy. That's partially what makes him a genius. He doesn't generally behave like other men. (An understatement I know) Even his father knows it and exploits that for the family interests with no thought of having him treated. Furthermore, he's craving to be loved and that craving has never been satisfied until recently. Now that he's had a taste of it, he's not about to let go that easily Sadly his parents are all about grooming him for the business and ensuring the future of said business. Marriage isn't about love or primarily about love. It's about forming business relationships that strengthens future foundations for the family's commercial interests. 

This reminds me of a very old Deanna Durbin film called Something in the Wind where a similar type of scenario takes place. There's a line spoken by the Durbin character about why she, an ordinary singer-DJ, isn't suitable for the scion of a wealthy family. "It's just like breeding race horses." I've always thought that was an excellent analogy for these kinds of arranged marriages. 

I also tend to think that despite the so-called disadvantages of XN's position, GO probably needs her much more than she needs him. (Even his mother grudgingly admits that she provides him emotional stability) Emotionally she's a lot stronger than he is. He, on the other hand, is actually quite fragile emotionally. She was able to handle having those women in the house and openly referred to them at breakfast without any kind resentment.

Just loved your post every word!!!  And thanks again:wub:

if this drama is similar to the novel, during the break up he will make her sign a contract of confidental agreement.  That she is not to talk about their relationship and say anything bad about him.  Also in the contract he also want her to not fall in love or be in a relationship with someone within two years.  

later in the novel, GO will announce an engagement with Mona.  But before the engagement party he will ask XN to come as he plan to announce to the world, especially his family and the Lancaster family that he will marry XN.  In the novel XN did not want to go but GO insist and if she doesn't go then he will kill himself.  Pretty much like if you don't come to the engagement party then you can come to my funeral.  XN agrees because she does not want GO to die.  During the ceremony Mona was livid.  She was livid because this was suppose to be the happiest day of her life but she got the biggest insult.  She ask GO if everything he did was just an act.  He said yes coldly.  the Lancaster family felt that this is the biggest insult to their family and they lost so much face in the public eye.  GO minions dragged Mona out of the church and yes QC also showed up to the engagement party.   So GO plan was to blow this engagement party up and make it so big that the Lancaster family will no longer want Mona to marry him.  Pretty crazy plan.  The novel also mentioned that XN and GO son will be taken away by GO father.  GO father want to us his son to control GO.  

I heard they played down drama a lot.  Since I cannot read much Chinese I just picked up what I could read from the novel.  I am really curious to see if the drama will have this plot.  The novel is super long and with only 5 more episode, I wonder how much more craziness they can put in it.  For sure QC will come back.  In the novel, QC was taking care of XN after she break up with GO.  But even after the break up GO was still spying on her and he knew exactly what she was doing and who she was with.  

Hope next eposide won't be too sad but looking at the preview, seems super sad for XN.

Archived