Quantcast
sugarplum892

[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2017] I Love My President Though He Is A Psycho 总裁在上我在下

Preview for Ep 5:

What the heck?! First it is Gongou and now Shidi kidnapped her! How dare she hurt Xiao Nian!

On a side note, one of the little things I like about cdramas is that characters wear the same clothes twice making it more a little bit realistic (Also in Shan Shan comes to eat).

Credits to the youtube owner

• Like 7

2 hours ago, LyeKIM said:

Episode 4 is out in China! The drama is aired every 3pm on Friday. Here's the official streaming site: http://www.le.com/movie/10035345.html

Here's the poster for ep 4:

I tried that link and saw the first however minutes. To watch all of it, one has to be a paid member. It was mainly of the adoptive family from hell weeping and wailing trying to trash Xiaonian's reputation in a press con. It sends XN off the bender. 

• Like 6

35 minutes ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

I tried that link and saw the first however minutes. To watch all of it, one has to be a paid member. It was mainly of the adoptive family from hell weeping and wailing trying to trash Xiaonian's reputation in a press con. It sends XN off the bender. 

I know right? That's why I tried youku but to no avail. I checked youtube and ep 4 is already released but I doubt there'll be a sub soon.  So they're trying to turn the crowd against Xiao nian huh? They're the best adoptive family ever. And did I forget to mention that Xiao nian was lucky to have them? Heol.

• Like 7

@LyeKIM I couldn't help myself watching it raw. It was a great episode because we had many OTP-scenes. I really felt sorry for Xiao Nian. Now the mother has arrived... I guess, she watched the press conference organised by Gongou. Next time, Xiao Nian is slapped by Shidi and even kidnapped by her.    

• Like 6

Wonderful episode in which Gong'ou gets to shine and be XN's knight in shining armour. But I fear that XN has gone from the arms of one crazy family to another loony family. (Out of the frying pan and into the fire) GO's family is probably just as bad or worse... seeing they actually have dollars to do terrible things.

It occurs to me that GO isn't really psychotic as he's insecure and accustomed to getting his way because his wealth affords him that luxury. He has a rather short fuse and is demanding because he's learnt that off his rather dysfunctional parents undoubtedly.

It's an interesting turn of events. Not one I've come across too often in which the OTP gets together because of a mental health issue. :wink: Contextually it fits because this show is riddled with people with mental health issues. :D It's good to see GO learning to be patient, sensitive and thoughtful without flying off the handle at the drop of a hat. He's not all there yet but he's made definite progress.

One of my favourite parts of this show is XN being absolutely clear with QC where things stand. One of the most frustrating things can be the fear of hurting the rejected suitor and hence the lack of clear boundaries. But here XN was gentle and firm that she was going to remain with GO and that she's moved on from QC. 

Got to go... my Saturday cardio class awaits. Will be back later to say more.

• Like 9

Very good episode. I still do not like QC. I finally confirmed what I have thought of him for the last couple of episodes that he wants XN without anyone to turn to so he he can step in and play knight hoping she sees him as more than just family again. What QC fails to see is the min the one person she cared for the most believed the lies that were told of her and treated her coldly and badly for 3 years while she was the only one trying to help him regain his memory he lost her.

Even now he knows that XN has nothing to do with his marriage but yet he does not step up and say its because of his wife and no one else whenever her family attacks her. He allows them to paint her as a interloper in his marriage. He allows her to be treated as the bad guy when all he needs to do is say she has never been in the middle of my marriage and Shidi's actions were not justified. But he will not because either they have something on him or he needs her world to be blown up and her to have no one or where to turn to. Only that is not working like he thought. My guess is he let this last incident play out and was going to drive to the rescue and thus giving them even more fodder to paint her negatively but again XN managed to be found by the perfect person Gongou. 

XN has one person beside her who cares not for what people say and has enough arrogance and money to back it up. Gongou has experienced her honesty, sincerity and innocence and he has watched how this so call family and friend have treated her. He has become her knight and a wall in which she can hide behind when she needs it and stand behind as well. To me that is what makes this couple perfect for one another. Gongou needs someone to soften his hard and neurotic edges and XN needs someone to stand up beside her and fight for her.

QC's call to her about where is she pointed it out to me in this episode what I think he is doing. Perhaps he thinks if there is no one else for her then there leaves only him. But for me that is crazy and creepy in that it is also so very selfish of him. XN has become the thorn that the family uses to explain why QC does not want Shidi when that is not the case. OH I have no doubt he wants XN but he wants her because she has moved on from him. Perhaps he had his memory back a long time ago. But because of the lies told on XN he felt betrayed by her as he said once. But then he finds out its just that lies that she has not been with anyone (that we can prove yet. Still up in the air if Gongou and XN slept together 3 years ago.) he wants her back when he sees that there is a new man sniffing around her and has claimed her. So far he has tried a lot to break up XN and Gongou but it is not working as he got the view today when she told him she is staying with Gongou. His face when she told him that assured me he really thought he could be with her only that has failed.

Now it does not mean that he will not try again or possibly join forces with someone like perhaps the woman they want Gongou to marry. It just means the OTP are going to have a rough ride for the next 6 episodes. There is still that crazy adopted family of XN's and I can bet Shidi will go a bit nuts at not having QC tied down again so we will see her try again to do something to XN. Then there is Gongou's side of the house. I have no doubt they will also do something equally crazy and dangerous to XN to get rid of her.

I enjoyed our OTP moments. I hope we have a few more before people try again to pull them apart from one another.

Great reading all of your post, the posters, pictures, video and translation.

Why, oh why is this drama on only one DAY a week? :bawling:

• Like 7

Although what the Shi family did to XN bagging her at the press conference was the height of malice, Qianchu needs to bear some responsibility for that. He's the one who set the terms of this dispute by calling a press conference from his hospital bed announcing to the world that he was breaking up with XD without giving her prior warning he was doing so. I realise why he didn't but by doing so he put XN in an untenable position of having to bear the brunt of public humiliation. The Shi family fought fire with fire... it was a huge loss of face for the family and being proud souls that they are, he was naive to think that they would take it lying down with no repercussions.

It demonstrates quite clearly that XN needs to make a clear break from her past and having nothing to do with any of these people if she wants to maintain her sanity. I suspect Gong'ou might need to do the same with his family also.

The attempt by the Shi family to use public sentiment to prop up their egos and seek some avenue of self-justification proves how unreliable the media has become in terms of being information providers. With the right staging and connections, the media can be an instrument not just in manipulating public sentiment but to address personal grievances that have nothing to do with criminal activity. It's a cautionary tale about jumping the gun and taking sides in high public personal disputes. These days it seems to me that our mainstream media sees itself as the arbiter of what is newsworthy and what isn't, wearing their biases so plainly on their sleeves.

XD may be slapworthy but she is the person that she is because she's been aided and abetted by her ridiculously indulgent parents who pander to all her whims. Had she been properly raised, we'd be seeing a different set of circumstances.

The Shi family using the media framed XN as the villain of the piece, the third party ("the other woman") who broke up a marriage. Of course the public has no idea of the entire story and has jumped the gun. XN, the sensitive soul that she is, becomes emotionally stricken by being labelled as such, succumbs to the pressure and ends up having an emotional meltdown.

So it's GO to the rescue. But she's not talking. He takes her home and orders FD to bring in a quartet of psychiatrists (who happen to all dress in white coats LOL) at the advice of the butler.  GO swears he will make the Shi family pay for what they did to her and it won't be anything easy like going to prison. XN is not responding to anything. GO urges her to speak. He's given her freedom as she wanted. He tells her not to put on an act and not to scare him any longer. When the psychiatrists come in, she reacts by grabbing on to GO's hands. He reassures her and says they've come to treat her.

GO is his usually belligerent self barking orders and demanding to know how long it is before XN will get better. The men in white... LOL... tells him to calm down and says they've analyzed the situation. XN's response is quite common. After experiencing an extraordinary amount of pressure, she doesn't know what's what so she's chosen to escape. She can respond to external stimuli (I think) but is unwilling to talk. For her to recover, she needs company, care and love. She's rejected the outside world so being with family is the most important. She must be spoken to gently. She should be allowed to do relaxing things. In this way she will be able to gradually emerge out of the shadows.

GO cynically responds, "Family? What family does she have now?" Then the shrink says she needs someone she can trust, someone who can give her a sense of security. They had noticed that when they arrived, they saw how much XN trusted him. They think perhaps GO can help her instead. The shrink says that XN needs someone to be with her at all times. He's afraid that if she can't handle it. GO gets the implication... that she might take her own life. Shrink says that they can't rule out that possibility. GO runs to her room and tells her that he will get her cured. He won't let her harm herself. He then lies next to her and falls asleep.

It's morning and GO wakes up feeling he's had a good sleep. He tells XN that without her beside him, he can't sleep well. She stares blankly into space. He tells her not to be afraid that he'll be by her side. Since she's not even afraid of him why would she allow these setbacks to get to her. No one would dare malign her if he's beside her. He tells her that from now onwards, she's his ancestor. He won't let off anyone who has hurt her. Not a single one.

They sit down to a very large breakfast... more than enough to feed an entire family... and GO tells them to bring more. GO tells XN not to be afraid, the servants won't hurt her. FD offers to feed XN since GO hasn't eaten properly himself. GO says he'll do it himself. Since XN doesn't respond immediately to his ministrations, he tells her that he hasn't eaten well since he's missed her cooking. He tells her that she needs to get better soon, speak to him and cook for him. He longs to taste her cooking so she needs to get better. She responds and starts eating.

He brings her to his laptop and tries to get her interested in it by reminding her that she's always interested in learning from his hacker skills. He's happy to teach her if she says so. GO gets impatient and demands that she speak. FD reminds him to speak more softly but GO says he's already speaking softly. She notices the ring that she flung at him. He notices that she notices and tells her that if she speaks he will give it to her immediately. She didn't want it previously. He threw it out. She picked it up and wore it on her person. He says that in her heart, she does care about him. She gets up and walks away. GO doesn't believe that he can't get her to speak eventually.

(End of Part 1)

• Like 9

We are shown a second scene with GO trying to feed XN. A week later, and he's spotting a five o'clock shadow and is in despair of trying to help her. She hasn't made much progress it would seem despite all his attempts to cheer her up. He's wondering if when he brought her back from the streets if he had only brought back her body and that she had lost her spirit. XN has a flashback of her being demeaned by the crowd in the supermarket and she reacts. 

GO's drying her hair and starts talking to XN. He tells her that she should tell him what she wants and he'll do his best to do it. He tells her not to let him live facing a puppet. He accidentally sits on what looks to me to be a shower head and gets riled up over it. Noticing that his loud angry words has an effect on XN, he asks her if she likes him that way. He asks her if she still likes him. Then he attempts to kiss her. When she doesn't seem to repulse by the idea, he goes in for a deeper kiss but then suddenly she pushes him and walks away. GO starts having doubts if he's the one who can give her peace.

GO has a flashback moment of when XN went looking for QC in the forest and another of her protecting QC at the amusement park. So he decides to take her to see the person she trusts the most.

It's great to see GO putting XN's welfare over his own desires. There I think we can see some evidence of his growth and development.

He sends her to QC's front porch and asks her if she would get better if she was with QC. He tells her to go and find QC. He grabs her hands to warm them and bites/kiss them. Then he walks back to his car calling her to go even though he has no desire to see her in another man's embrace. He drives away. She looks at the bite mark on her hand and emulates what GO did. She walks some distance and soon he's back asking her why she hasn't been to see MQC. GO came back to follow her because he felt uneasy. He wondered if she was going to stay in that place on her own all night, outside the front gate. After his outburst, she hugs him. He wants to know what it means. Did she want to stay with him? She clings on ever more tightly.

Back in her room, they kiss. Suddenly GO pushes XN away saying that he shouldn't be touching her. Although she's been very good and obedient, he hopes that she will return to being the lively and adorable XN who dared to talk back to him.  As he walks away to blowdry her hair, she backhugs him. I guess he's both sad and happy.

GO paces around his study waiting for the shrinks to come up with a solution. The one who does all the talking tells him that XN has become the way she has because of the whole issue of being the third party. Her adoptive parents, younger sister, relatives have all vilified her. The public thinks she's the third party.  Although she is not being threatened now she's at GO's side, the damage is already done. The memory of it is like a tumour in her body. Unfortunately she faced everything on her own.  While the whole world was rebuking her, no one helped her. She was treated like a clown, an object of contempt. No one reached out in her time of need.

The shrinks recommend hypnosis. XN needs to experience again what happened at the marketplace. GO is outraged at the thought. However the chief shrink says that if this isn't done, the tumour that is left in XN's body will never be removed. He recommends a good hypnotist to help XN relive the situation so that she can meet a trustworthy hero who can rescue her.

The shrink says that XN has a 90% chance of recovery if the hypnotist is good. He thinks it's worth trying. Even if she wakes up and realises it's fake, she won't be in despair. After days of observation, they believe that GO can be that great heroic figure for her because XN trusts GO completely. However, if GO doesn't turn out to be the person she trusts the most, the therapy could fail and damage her a second time. There won't be a second chance.

GO isn't willing to put XN through all that in case she doesn't trust him fully it but XN tells the shrink she is willing to receive hypnosis by nodding. When she insists he says he's willing to risk it with her.

I imagine that the hypnotherapy is as much for GO as it is for XN. Even while she's responding to him positively in her depression, he doesn't quite believe that he is the person that she trusts most in the world. He must arrive at a place where he knows for certain that she does trust and love him fully despite whatever doubts he may have about QC or all the hostile words that were exchanged between them in the early part of their relationship. I daresay he's just as afraid to discover that he can't be the man for her as he is to know that she is damaged beyond repair.

XN finally makes her break with QC. It's a clear, decisive break. QC is crushed to hear that GO has been there for her while he's been uselessly stuck at home. She has decided to be together with GO and of course QC protests. According to her, they've gone past the point of no return.

I must say Pan Zi Jian is a better actor than I gave him credit for. That scene after he's been eavesdropping on XN's conversation is gold. The way he looks at XN is to die for (well, in general the way he looks at XN is to die for) and that smirk when he says he doesn't know if he should be happy or angry... is just adorable. He's almost a different person... very smooth and suave.

He says he's happy that she's talking again but he feigns indignance that she's been on the phone to QC. But the fact that she rang QC to reject him should make him happy since she's also decided to be with him (GO). However, he's still angry that QC is eyeing her greedily.

But when he carries her and drops her onto the bed, he's become his boyish self. He's ecstatic that she's talking again and that she's decided to be with him. Like a kid in a candy shop he asks her to say his name. Then he wants her to say to him personally that she wants to be with him. 

XN insist on three conditions in their courtship. 1) No random touching. They can hold hands but kissing has to be by permission only. :D 2) He is forbidden to lose his temper easily and explode whenever.  He is not to throw things around because he feels like or hurt innocent people. (He wonders if she's afraid he will go after QC) She wants him to get on well with the people around her. He promises to be a tad more gentle towards her. 3) She doesn't want to be his mistress. Even if he has to take on head of family responsibilities, or forced to resort to surrogacy. 

GO agrees to all three and insist that she tell him with her lips that she loves him. She says she loves him and he responds in kind. :wub:

• Like 10

@40somethingahjumma

Thank you for the translation recaps for the last episode. I really am addicted to this drama for it to be a web series and have so little episodes. (Thank goodness) Not sure if I could really take a full 20 episode series with the story line that we have in this drama. I too see GO has grown due to his taking care of XN. Even if he stumbles a few more times and reverts back to his bad habits it is still good to see he is able to make changes for the love of XN. I also hope he is very successful in destroying XN's old family. I think they need to learn a very hard lesson from the way they used and hurt XN. Saving face or not she is not the cause of what is wrong in the relationship between Shindi and QC not really. Shindi is obsessed with QC (my guess she wanted him and saw he liked XN all those years ago.) just as much as QC is obsessed with XN now.

I agree that QC is the one responsible for the entire situation above. I have come to think he did not step up for a couple of reasons. One of them being he is using the situation to try to break XN away and get her for his own. (Fat chance of that happening with GO in the picture.) And he wants to continue to not look bad as well. The sad thing is everyone on that side is acting like they are the injured party and allowing XN to take the brunt of the responsibility, anger and ridicule at something that is not her fault nor she is really a part of. I have to wonder just what will QC's next move be because he is not going to take the fact that XN told him she is going to be with GO and lets break apart from each other with no way to go back to the way they were well. He is obsessed with XN and wants to have her and will not let her alone which I can assume is who the text came from that GO deleted on her phone in the car when she was sleeping.

• Like 6

@40somethingahjumma  9b5878c736a636fe8ea96bdbbdd5ff8e_-japan-images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRz69bvW-uCLTG2oS94Pcb

Love this drama can't believe it's not being carried and subbed by some free channels.  I was watching on Youtube till it got banned.  It's often hard for international fans to find subs but I am thankful for those like you who use their talent in helping others and I thank you for that.

I feel so sorry for XN just when you think her family couldn't get any worse they do..  Family that sounds like an untruth when speaking about those people.  Whether blood or not a family should be people who care for you and want whats best for you.  Provide warmth, love and protection but they are the opposite of all of that.  She hasn't lost her family she never had one really and maybe that's whats so hard to believe.  Not to mention her friend whom she trusted also was never really a true friend.  No wonder she is having such a hard time how does one get over the realization that no one in her life ever really loved her and why would you want to trust anyone says they do???

GO as different as he is and with all the problems his own family gives him he still wants REAL LOVE and is willing to give it to XN.  I loved how he continues to try to reach out to her and protect her even when she doesn't realize it.  I don't know what the future will hold but there is one thing I do know he really does love her. His ways may be different but his heart is true...:heart:

I stumbled upon this drama today and binged watch the available episodes even the unsubbed ones!!! I got so excited that I decided to join in the forums. Hahahaha anyway, have you guys seen one preview: 

Spoiler

It had this few seconds scene where QC's the one keeping XN in his house, someone in this forum did predict he'd go cray cray and I'm guessing he did. Also in the wedding, QC also barges in, not quite sure if he succeeds, I hope not... :(

• Like 8

Yes, there is a part 3 and hopefully it will be shorter but I wanted to go into more detail earlier because I'm sure regulars here wanted to know more about what transpired between the leads.

Those last 10 minutes are important because GO mentions an older brother deceased for at least 11 years. After the press con he takes XN to the hills to catch a meteor shower but it rains instead. When she asks him why he brought her to see the meteor shower he said it was to keep an appointment that was never kept. XN teases him that he was stood up by some previous girlfriend but GO insists that XN is his first love. His brother didn't make it because he drove too fast and died in an accident. GO seems angry that the brother was a no-show but XN says she can see that it's because he feels guilty for inviting his brother to something which ultimately led to his death.

GO says sometimes he thinks his brother's untimely death was his release and freedom. He was the oldest son and there were expectations of him to take over as head of family but he loved music and hated those responsibilities. Their father thought that GO was the smarter one but GO insists his brother was the amazing one because NE was his brother's brainchild and all he did was carry on his brother's research.

XN wonders why with all their wealth, GO hasn't been treated. The reason is because his father wants him to be the perfect activist to be successful. thinks he can be a perfectionist then. She can't believe his father treats him that way.

QC's plane goes down and he goes missing. GO gets a bit jelly when XN expresses her concern and uneasiness. They talk about how he's going to deal with Shi Di and her parents. Apparently GO has driven her out of certain circles which as undermined her celebrity status. XN doesn't want GO to go after her adoptive parents as she feels she owes them something for raising her.

I imagine the arrival Mummy Dearest portends the worst that this snobbish family has to offer.

Hi @Ldy Gmerm -- Glad to hear that you're enjoying the show and benefitting from the Ep. 4 recaps. I too am relieved that the show is only running for 10 episodes. It's not a show I would like to see being dragged on mercilessly just to fill up air space. But I thought Ep. 4 was actually very good... even if things were resolved rather too conveniently but there's no point in dragging out depressed XN when the story is about them having to overcome obstacles by way of crazy relatives. It's always much better to waste time on the OTP than the villains. I'd rather see them growing together and trying to make it work than watching them in a push-pull situation right to the bitter end.

I don't expect GO to change completely overnight. Too many ingrained habits for that to happen. But it's good to see XN using her influence over him for his good and ultimately for the good of everyone.

I've been rather impressed with how C-dramas having been writing female lead characters in the last 6 months. It probably helps that they're adapting novels with well-drawn females. I especially like that the women call their men by personal names. It annoys me that in K dramas that women who are in a subordinate position to their lovers still call them by their title when they're alone. I can't get over it.

@USAFarmgirl -- Thanks for reading and glad to hear that the recaps were of use to you. I don't know if I can keep doing this much detail week after week but I'll do what I can. Fortunately it's only once a week and on weekends. But I'll try to focus on the OTP. 

I apologize that my Chinese is not the greatest and I can't vouch for 100% accuracy but at least you'll have some idea of what's going on.

• Like 8

@40somethingahjummacrazy monkey First of all, thanks a lot for explaining a little more in details the episode 4.admire onion head good job onion head I really appreciate your gesture. cheer1 onion headThen I would like to add something. I guess, the plane crash where QC was supposed to be is actually a tactical maneuver to cut ties with Shidi and his family so that he can kidnapp Xiao Nian and no one will ever suspect him since he is supposed to be dead. By faking his death, he can get back his freedom from his own family and Shidi's family as well.

• Like 9

@40somethingahjumma

My guess is because GO has had Shidi pushed from the circles she is used to the woman is slowly loosing it and is blaming XN and will try to go after her to hurt her.

Unfortunately for the OTP they will only have small moments together because there are way too many crazy people around them who will not let them alone. I guess it can be seen as a true test if they really are destined to be together and can withstand anything to achieve it.

@bebebisous33

The one huge flaw in this plan of QC will always be GO and XN's love for one another. NO matter if he fakes his death and thinks he is not suspected I have a feeling GO will not be easily fooled. Also XN will not want to stay with him. All he will do is show her how crazy he truly is in trying to force her to be with him when she is now made the choice to be with GO and loves GO. Again doing things underhanded instead of facing things head on to solve his issues with his family and Shidi. XN is not responsible for the way he feels. Also he has no right to push into her life and kidnap her or force her with him when she has said no to him.

If we could have just one crazy free episode for the OTP (besides GO's crazy) and allow them time to really show their feelings for one another I would be very happy. But of course there has to be conflict in order for our OTP to really see how each other feels for one another. I know that XN will still need on some level assurances that GO will always come for her and stand by her after the way the people she cared for treated her just as GO needs to know that XN is completely over QC and loves only him. That her love for him is just as deep as his for her and she is willing to endure anything for him (just like him for her).

• Like 7

3 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

Yes, there is a part 3 and hopefully it will be shorter but I wanted to go into more detail earlier because I'm sure regulars here wanted to know more about what transpired between the leads.

Those last 10 minutes are important because GO mentions an older brother deceased for at least 11 years. After the press con he takes XN to the hills to catch a meteor shower but it rains instead. When she asks him why he brought her to see the meteor shower he said it was to keep an appointment that was never kept. XN teases him that he was stood up by some previous girlfriend but GO insists that XN is his first love. His brother didn't make it because he drove too fast and died in an accident. GO seems angry that the brother was a no-show but XN says she can see that it's because he feels guilty for inviting his brother to something which ultimately led to his death.

GO says sometimes he thinks his brother's untimely death was his release and freedom. He was the oldest son and there were expectations of him to take over as head of family but he loved music and hated those responsibilities. Their father thought that GO was the smarter one but GO insists his brother was the amazing one because NE was his brother's brainchild and all he did was carry on his brother's research.

XN wonders why with all their wealth, GO hasn't been treated. The reason is because his father wants him to be the perfect activist to be successful. She can't believe his father treats him that way.

QC's plane goes down and he goes missing. GO gets a bit jelly when XN expresses her concern and uneasiness. They talk about how he's going to deal with Shi Di and her parents. Apparently GO has driven her out of certain circles which as undermined her celebrity status. XN doesn't want GO to go after her adoptive parents as she feels she owes them something for raising her.

I imagine the arrival Mummy Dearest portends the worst that this snobbish family has to offer.

Hi @Ldy Gmerm -- Glad to hear that you're enjoying the show and benefitting from the Ep. 4 recaps. I too am relieved that the show is only running for 10 episodes. It's not a show I would like to see being dragged on mercilessly just to fill up air space. But I thought Ep. 4 was actually very good... even if things were resolved rather too conveniently but there's no point in dragging out depressed XN when the story is about them having to overcome obstacles by way of crazy relatives. It's always much better to waste time on the OTP than the villains. I'd rather see them growing together and trying to make it work than watching them in a push-pull situation right to the bitter end.

I don't expect GO to change completely overnight. Too many ingrained habits for that to happen. But it's good to see XN using her influence over him for his good and ultimately for the good of everyone.

I've been rather impressed with how C-dramas having been writing female lead characters in the last 6 months. It probably helps that they're adapting novels with well-drawn females. I especially like that the women call their men by personal names. It annoys me that in K dramas that women who are in a subordinate position to their lovers still call them by their title when they're alone. I can't get over it.

@USAFarmgirl -- Thanks for reading and glad to hear that the recaps were of use to you. I don't know if I can keep doing this much detail week after week but I'll do what I can. Fortunately it's only once a week and on weekends. But I'll try to focus on the OTP. 

I apologize that my Chinese is not the greatest and I can't vouch for 100% accuracy but at least you'll have some idea of what's going on.

Thank you for the awesome recaps I've been replaying the episodes... Hehehehe 

• Like 5

Thank you very much @40somethingahjumma for providing the recap!!! Don't worry your recap is so clear and I admire your Chinese. It's better than the subs XD (tho I'm also grateful to them).  I read first your recap so that when I watch the ep 4 raw I'll remember what you wrote.  Your and the others' thoughts on this ep 4 provided good analysis esp on Gongou. 

Thanks again! :)

• Like 5