[Drama 2017] Circle 써클

larus

• Replies 709
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, rennir said:

I mean, can you really fault him though? His brother has a known history of confusing normal people as aliens, as implied by the flashback in the first or second ep. If it's already happened once, then who's to say it can't happen again?

Yes, I can fault him. From flashbacks of them as a child, he was the one who was convinced that she was an alien. He more than anybody should have understood his twin and why he was convinced there's aliens.  Then to have him easily follow alone with the "alien air

1 hour ago, bebebisous33 said:

However, I have to disagree with you about KJW. He is not cold, since he offered Byu a star he made. He is actually more open-minded than his brother. KJW didn't care about Byu's true nature, behind her cold and distant behaviour, KJW was able to like her. KBG was more blinded by Byu's true nature. He blamed her for the disappearance of their father and later for the suicides. Yet, he didn't realise that humans can be very dangerous: the prof is the one who harmed him and the other students. He is the one who manipulates HJY by blocking her memories. Why did he do that? I guess, she became more and more human and disagreed with their research. I guess, the car accident had a huge impact on her. For the first time, she acted on her emotions. Humans are defined by emotions too. Rationality alone is not good. In the name of science and reason, you can commit crimes and legitimate them. Blaming emotions is not right. A cruel person can be very rational.

@bebebisous33 I think KJW when they were younger was more opened minded, but I have to agree with @diane90 that he became colder; while KBG was a little more standoffish, more cautious protector. I think it's fitting that they have him as KJH. KJM doesn't want to know what happened, he's content in life not knowing anything. However, KBG/KJM is not content, he wants to get down to the truth. KJW is only now showing an interest because his brother is missing.

I have a feeling that the Chairman of New Earth is the professor.  

@bebebisous33;

I did not say that KWJ is a naughty, bad person when he's cold. The character of each person is different and the character of Kim Joon Hyuk resembles that of Kim Bum Gum.

I do not agree with you on the character of KBG; He is not blind; he is determined; He goes to the end what he has in his head. And in his head; HJY is alien; He saw before his eyes with his father and his twin. And you think the

aliens are nice ??? They come to earth to help humans ???? NO, they come to earth to use us as guinea pigs to test their technologies.

YES; We have bad memories and we suffer with them. But, because we are humans who have sins, emotions: joy, sadness, jealousy, hatred ..... love. We are not robots.

Kim Woo Jin himself saw HJY and it was him who said "it 's an alien" and when they saw the drawing she did and he said to his brother "you see, she comes from otherther planet "

. And now he does not believe in aliens ... it's absurd !!

About HJY : maybe she is an alien bc she's not aged 20 years later and Professor Hwang too. He thinks helping people to block bad memories so people can live happily, no pain, no sickness but

machines can't replace humans : he uses the worms to cure (maybe) students stress, for KBG bc he's  ossessed of aliens but there are second effects

they suicided

I cant watch ep 4 because dramafever it said fpur episode i only see 3

anyway i decide to do to this. Rewatch all 3 episode 

part 1 beta project

Ep 1

Kwj was the one to saw Han Jung-Yeon said that she was alien. 

Kgb and kwj was their father abandoning them because of her.

i notice this went kwj was seeing his brother in bakery he was so happy.  Went the profesor call here out guys i finding strange that profesor have the phone num of kgb on the paper. Me being a fan of detective novel. I think the profesor put the number in order to kwj to doubt his brother.  He call him the asistant just left at the same moments.

Ep 2

Kwj have prove that hjy was looking his brother because suppose friend died.  My question is this kgb looking for the alien all connect to her hjy.  She look the same as before but supposely now she have emotions you see went she wrong guy they look military and also she deliver put her hair in the ponytail throw of kbg.

Ep 3

I dont believe the phone call in the library was her dad. They told her kgb was.  Kwj was like her and believe went he saw the blueworm also saw the email blue bird.

And now part 2

Ep 1 

They are looking for twin what happend kwj? And the murder start again occurred.

Ep 2

We know that kjh is kbg but question why the boss i call the boss tall to chairman a lot of scare. He was scare of him.  Both brother are good with rubik cubes and they have so. The same Ability. Kwj is more of bookworm. 

Ep 3

He fanatic looming for answer like he did before know he look for his babybrother that love more his life. 

Just watching episode 4 part 1, so in this episode all mystery will be opened one by one and the secret will be opened little by little, but still need to watch the part 2 first..

At part 1 we can see now that HJY is Byull (the alien), but where is the twin's father now? whether the professor doing something with their father? And now I also have question who is KJH? Whether he is KWJ or KBG? Really need to watch part 2 and waiting the next episode :blush:

@diane90 I described KBG as blind as he didn't pay attention to his brother's suffering and burden. Notice that in the last scene, KJH is shown crying and remembers his brother's reproachs. He was indeed regretting as he had neglected his brother. KBG was obsessed with the alien. Yes, he wants to get on the bottom of this but his huge mistake was to forget his brother all this time. Too blinded by the belief that Bluebird/HJY is the one behind the suicides, he is not able to come to the right conclusion. Yes, HYJ is involved in this but if he had approached her differently, he might have discovered that she knew nothing about her past. He was determined to prove the aliens exist and they represent a danger, yet he is partially right in this. By the way, even if the alien have a bad intention, I do think that HYJ is different. She clearly lived for many months with the siblings without hurting them. That's why I say that KBG has been generalising. Moreover, she answered KWJ's question (where do you come from?) and she even saved his life. So what if the alien HYJ or Byul saw the humans in a different light? She might have judged emotions differently. I liked the way she made KJH remember his past: she gave him his identity back!! However, he was confronted little by little. 

@lclarakl KWJ might appear distant and selfish, but it is just on the surface. He cares for his brother (he missed him a lot and wanted to live with him despite the gossips!!) and he has to take care of his grandmother. Fact is that he had to work hard for both of them: get a college degree so that he can secure a financially good job later. Besides he is put under pressure because he is receiving a scholarship which means that if he doesn't get good grades, he can lose his scholarship. For me, KJW is not very different from his brother. KWJ also started looking for his brother, when the latter disappeared. Both have a deep connection. If KWJ had been really cold, he would have treated HYJ differently after meeting the girl with the tazer. He always gives the person the benefit of the doubt.   

I never thought KJH as KBG. I thought he was KWJ for these past 2 episodes.

Well one thing that I'm not certain yet a.k.a confusing. On the 1st eps the old detective told KJH to solve the unsolved the dissapearance of the Kim twins. (which means he doesn't know that KJH s one of the twins)

And on the 4th eps that old detective was the o ne who brought the video of twins memory. (Which means that he knew that KJH is one of the twin). 

Which one is correct? Did I miss something here?

9 minutes ago, nat_phoenix88 said:

I never thought KJH as KBG. I thought he was KWJ for these past 2 episodes.

Well one thing that I'm not certain yet a.k.a confusing. On the 1st eps the old detective told KJH to solve the unsolved the dissapearance of the Kim twins. (which means he doesn't know that KJH s one of the twins)

And on the 4th eps that old detective was the o ne who brought the video of twins memory. (Which means that he knew that KJH is one of the twin). 

Which one is correct? Did I miss something here?

Actually, the detective's words have to be understood differently now. KBG did disappear for quite some time... sure he reappeared ten years later. For the past 10 years, he lived as KJH... Nonetheless, he doesn't know how he disappeared in the first place. KBG was missing in 2017! So the detective meant it... while we all thought first, that KBG was still missing.  Right now, KWJ is still missing. In order to find his twin brother, he needs to be in contact with Bluebird. Yet the latter knows that the Chairman is after her. Bluebird is against this chip and what the chairman has been doing.

Annyeong everyone :)

Wow i just finished episode 4 of Circle and :o its getting better and better. I got tricked maybe most of us got tricked thinking that Detective Kim Joon Hyuk is Kim Woo Jin but Ep 4 revealed he is actually Kim Bum Gyun. I already suspected Blue Bird is Han Jung Yeon. Isn't she really an alien? Because she doesn't grow old at all since the first time the boys and their dad met her.

So its Kim Woo Jin who has disappeared. Wonder where is he now....Looking forward to next Monday and Tuesday.

Hi @bebebisous33 chingu, @lclarakl @larus @jongski @Michelle Gonzalez great to meet you all in here :D.

Hmmm I think this is my 1st post here....

This weekend I plan to re-watch episodes 1-4. I feel like everything you really need to know about this drama and where it's going was revealed in the first 10 minutes of episode 1 (when Woo Jin gets lost in the woods, Bum Gyun finds him, and the alien a.i -or body snatcher- lands) but I was kind of too buy anticipating Kim Kang Woo (lol, I didn't choose the fangirl mentality, the fangirl mentality chose me :tongue:) to take notice. And also the first 10 minutes were just an all around thrill.

There are so many possibilities as to what the heck is going on. I do like @diane90 analysis of the twins and upon hindsight, it was obvious (kind of) based on some traits who's who. At the same time it makes sense we were confused. It seems that not knowing who he was Joon Hyuk/Bum Gyun studied the memories and took the traits of himself and his brother (hence the eyebrow pinching of Do Soo) so he's kind of sort of both, but still very much himself (his wise guy fun and charm was there in ep 1 when he first came home and was all laughs and did you miss me and hyung by a minute "fight" with his younger brother. Please drama we better have these two sweet twins reunited in the end. I already adore their bond and will be so sad if one is dead or dies or is never found).

Also we should have known because that one doctor chick aka alien believing girl of 2017 who's desperate to find him in 2017, is obviously his "love interest" (I love how the drama slips in minimumal barely there, blink and you'll miss it romance with both Woo Jin and alien a.i and now Bum Gyun and it's "it's been a month that's all you got to say to me" doctor chick) and we know that a.i girl is meant for Woo Jin, so using kdrama logic, if Joon Hyuk had been Woo Jin, a.i alien should have and would have been by his side in 2037.

I agree with you @lclarakl about being upset/mad/kind of displeased with Woo Jin. I mean I like his character, Yeo Jin Goo nails him and I completely understand his reasoning and logic for giving up on alien conspiracies that he was so fascinated with when young, and this self protection/avoiding the pains of life with "let's just forget everything. But come on now, how can he not believe his brother! As Albert Einstein once said "The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil, but by those who watch them without doing anything."

Turning a blind eye, let's forget, ignorance is bliss, take away the pain, its selfish (just like Brutus Lee is being in 2037) and is what leads too the seemingly good but very corrupt and segregated world of 2037 with Normal Earth (property, societies minorities, less privileged) and Smart Earth (looks like the top 1%, those who can pay for an affair a privileged life) to flourish. To me the social commentary of this drama, what it's saying about the benefits and dangers of technology (see ep 1 or was it 2 argument between Joon Hyuk/Bum Gyun with writing in a note pad and Brutus Lee with use a the high tech phone voice recorder), government control (y'll see how the citizens of Smart Earth are always watched, always controlled, no free will. Where are the citizens that Smart Earth deems not good enough? Those who maybe want to protest to choose to feel? Those who red or green chip can no longer keep them in line? Are they all thrown on Normal World to live in poverty and polluted dust filled near wasteland for life?), psychology (do memories, experiences nature/nurture maketh the man?) and injustice/unjust world (the glaring difference between Normal World and Smart Earth, the citizens who inhabit each. The life each gets. The privileges, food, work, protection, freedom, or lack there of). I love it, this drama (like most sic-fi and dystopian world media) is about so much more than twin brothers search for one another.

Normal World and Smart Earth, that divide of living conditions, crime, poverty, well kept or unkept streets and buildings, government protection,of freedom, seemingly idilic worlds already exist. Especially here in America (and many places around the world) now and with our political climate as is. I can look out my aunt's apartment window in NYC and see the normal earth and smart earth divide within just one street block, a small little sidewalk. So, it frustrates/frustrated me too much when Woo Jin wasn't believing Bum Gyun, no he was willingly choosing to not believe him. Choosing to forget, to ignore, to pretend nothing is happening. So he and they can stay in their life because life is hard enough. I get it, I really do, but its about more than just him and also dude, the all these mysterious suicides, scar or no scar homegirl looking exactly the same as 10 years ago, I mean ya'll twins grew, she didn't. Dad just changing and up and leaving, the messed up headquarters he showed you!?! I was so happy when alien believing homegirl yelled at him for frantalizing with the enemy when he should be looking for his brother!! She was me, and I was clapping so loud and was so happy when she went in on him about his still doubting his brother.

Like how can you not believe him or even try to entertain the idea (though I know he is changing his mind and knows something is not right and is doing something about it). I can't even be mad at Woo Jin because again I get it. I agree with @bebebisous33 he is a good person and I think he's always believed and still believes but life is tough and it takes a lot to be daring and willing to risk for truths. Life is hard enough, why add more grief and pain, especially if you don't have to, or if you could just erase it away and live in seemingly bliss. Brutus Lee is going through the same qualm 2017 Woo Jin once was/is (will Bum Gyun ever find someone who believes him from the jump lol). Be a bit selfish, ignore what you know and just stay living in your idilic life even if/you know others are suffering/will suffer for it, or stand up for what's right. Seek the truth even if it won't benefit you/will bring you pain and misery and feelings. The truth will rock your world and maybe even tear it all away. I believe Joon Hyuk/Bum Gyun will have to make this heavy heavy choice again down the line in the drama. You better believe he will be confronted with some stuff that is like...should I go on with the truth or swallow some pill and just forget it all (again LOL).

Drama Gods I love this drama. Sorry for the long posts. I'm a psychologist -in training- and we like to analyze things and get to the core. Also, this drama is just that good :D 

Just finish watching part 2 of episode 4. This drama really make me more curious. First I think KJH is KWJ but suddenly at the end of episode we know that KJH is KBG. So it's mean KWJ who is still missing? Or the role change KJH is actually KWJ but he think he is KBG? They are twin and everything possible happened. But maybe true KJH is KBG as we can see scar at KJH's neck behind the ears. Need to watch next episode to make everything clear. 

And for HJY, So, she is Bluebird (the hacker) and she is not aged at all. Who is she? Why she must surprise when KJH said he is KBG? Whether actually she is looking for KWJ and thinking that KJH is KWJ? And the chairman still Mysterious?

Really need to watch next episode to make everything clear :blush:

Final saw ep 4. 

Part 1 we know that. Hjy is the alien is oficial. May be is not evil alien but may be.  Twin father is the evil one may be why i said because 2 clues one they said that hjy is not in her treatment meaning that they are making to loose her memories.  Second clue that one his easy that her father aka twin father is seeing kgb on monitor.  My question is know why they create the blueworm it do. My theory of many is that blueworm was the chip that is on 2037 to forget the memory why is the reason. Did she it why. Know she trying to unluck the memory of them. Why. At lease we confirm two. That hjy is the alien and kjh is kgb.  

part 2

Hjy is bluebird now my question is this why lsh doesnt want his memory but still getting his memory may be he will not betray kjh but i think their is connection between kjh and lsh. What is it i dont know but i hope explain. It getting good PLEASE LET THE TWIN BE TOGETHER AS A HAPPY FAMILY.  They deserve it.

[SPOILERS] CIRCLE EP03 + EP04 + RATING

E03

Spoiler

0003546410_001_20170530065024741.jpg

circle.png

Naver - Osen: 'Circle' Gong Seung Yeon's revealing, what's her true identity?

1. [+975, -69] Even the supporting actors in Circle are so good at acting, I can't predict what's going to happen and It's getting more and more exciting ㄷㄷ It's a really interesting drama

2. [+748, -64] I'm surprised that a lot of them are new actors but they are so good at acting

3. [+729, -80] What's Gong Seung Yeon's real identity?..

4. [+380, -35] I'm on my way to work now, I was so tired to watch this yesterday ㅠ

5. [+96, -4] Yeo Jin Goo is still suspicious of Gong Seung Yeon...He let her go because of the tears...I'm still suspicious as well...I was a little nervous...why is she bluebird? ㄷㄷ

6. [+85, -3] Circle actors was chosen so well

7. [+83, -3] It's really fun ㅋㅋ

8. [+80, -2] What's Gong Seung Yeon's real identity? I got goosebumps...

9. [+71, -1] It's like a mysterious, Gong Seung Yeon seems like an alien and not an alien at the same time...

EP04

Spoiler

0003547144_001_20170531005617846.jpg

circle.png

Naver - Osen: 'Circle' Kim Kang Woo's identity is revealed! Yeo Jin Goo's brother 'Kim Bum Gyun'

1. [+893, -17] Kim Joon Hyuk is Bum Gyun!!! Also Han Jung Yeon's father is suspicious. Wa this drama is so fun

2. [+685, -15] This drama is not obvious, there is always a reverse and that's why it is more fun

3. [+600, -19] Daebak!!! Why is this so fun? I think I have to keep watching it~ㅠㅠㅠㅠ

4. [+489, -15] Very fun ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ How can I wait a week ㅠㅠㅠ

5. [+174, -2] It's been a long time since I sincerely admired a drama!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! All people in the world should watch Circle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ the time is a little sensitive but I still watch it ㅠㅠ If you change the channel after 'Fight for My way' ends, you will find 'Circle' ㅎㅎㅎ I'm so happy

6. [+170, -2] Usually when I watch a drama I can guess what will happen but with Circle I can't guess anything ㅋㅋㅋ there is always a reverse

7. [+168, -5] The writer is a genius, a genius who draw a big picture

8. [+116, -4] They made another drug-like drama...the exams are approaching

Spoiler

0002677887_001_20170531070725403.jpg

circle.png

Naver - Isplus: Goosebumps reversal 'Circle', What is Gong Seung Yeon's identity?

1. [+602, -16] Ah this is really fun and complicated

2. [+511, -10] Yeo Jin Goo's acting is really good

3. [+497, -24] There is no actor in this drama who can't act

4. [+438, -19] It's complicated but because of that charm I keep watching it ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ The actors are so good at acting

5. [+353, -8] There seems to be more happening with Gong Seung Yeon...something about the past...

6. [+108, -3] Kim Kang Woo is the big brother, I thought he will be the little one but it was reversal

7. [+98, -2] That professor? who the hell is he? ㅋㅋㅋ He is scary

8. [+85, -3] I got goosebumps that Kim Kang Woo is not Yeo Jin Goo

9. [+77, -5] Is this fun?

---
Rating:
EP03: 2.1%
EP04: 2.3%

cre: netizendrama

Vogue pictorial with two of Circle cast

Kim Kang-woo and Lee Ki-kwang meet in the drama "Circle: Two Worlds of the Future" in the future of 2037. In reality, Kim Kang-woo is looking for a future where a child can live, and Ki-kwang is looking for his own career.

Two States

style_59238e19d9d9c-816x1024.jpg

style_59238dffbc965-816x1024.jpg

More pictures and article

http://www.vogue.co.kr/2017/05/23/two-states/

Circle: Episode 3

circle03-00548.jpg

I can’t believe there’s only one month left of this show. Please don’t leave me, Circle, because you are just THAT amazing. Just when I thought I could see the ends of the mystery unraveling, shocking plot twists suddenly blew all my theories to smithereens. And the rich ethical questions raised by the existence of memory-altering technology are so fascinating that I want to explore every facet of that technology’s implications.

EPISODE 3 RECAP

Spoiler

circle03-00014.jpg circle03-00012.jpg

Bum-gyun limps toward an old abandoned building in the dark when his phone rings—it’s Woo-jin, telling him to come home. Bum-gyun tells his brother that he’ll be right there after he checks something out, and tells him that the culprit is Bluebird. But as he hangs up the phone, a bright white light—reminiscent of the UFO beam from their childhood—blinds him, and he stumbles back.

Part 1: Beta Project

The scene cuts to a tense confrontation between Woo-jin and Jung-yeon, where he asks if she is really who she says she is. She’s confused initially and becomes afraid as he grabs her collar, but she quickly recovers and brushes his hand aside as she says that he’s as deranged as his brother if he believes she’s an alien.

Spoiler

circle03-00054.jpg

Having evidence from the hidden camera of her having been in his brother’s motel room, Woo-jin demands to know why she would search a crazy man’s room. She claims that it’s because she thought that Bum-gyun was the murderer because he showed up at each of the suicide scenes. Woo-jin reveals that Bum-gyun is missing and grabs her as he accuses her of being the real culprit.

That’s when the senior (who was picking on Woo-jin earlier) comes up to them to defend Jung-yeon. Woo-jin tells him to buzz off in a blatant sign of disrespect that causes the sunbae to throw the first punch in what becomes an all-out brawl. They’re taken to a police station, where Chief Hong is working on the Handam serial suicide case.

Spoiler

circle03-00149.jpg circle03-00169.jpg

When Chief Hong overhears that Woo-jin is Bum-gyun’s brother, he suddenly takes an interest in him and begins asking nosy questions about Bum-gyun’s whereabouts. Woo-jin desperately pleads for Chief Hong to look for his brother because he’s definitely missing—it’s unlike Bum-gyun not to keep in contact with Woo-jin even throughout all his obsessive hunts for the alien.

Jung-yeon watches the entire conversation play out, seeming to understand the direness of the situation for Woo-jin now that she’s been given the full context for his outburst.

When they’re finally released, Jung-yeon looks up at the sunbae with a flirtatious smile, asking him to cover for her if her father asks about her. But she leaves with Woo-jin, who is perplexed by where she’s leading him. Regardless, he ends up following her when she says she has more information on the serial suicide case that his brother was tracking when he went missing.

circle03-00236.jpg circle03-00228.jpg

She brings him to a modest single room that she’s been keeping for her private use to pursue the murderer. She shows him her logbook that contains the records of all the strange deaths that have been occurring at Handam, and when he asks her why she’s so interested in this case, she pulls out a photo of herself and her best friend, So-yoon. She was one of the first victims, and Jung-yeon begins tearing up as she reminisces about their close friendship.

This brings Woo-jin immediately back to an old memory of himself and Bum-gyun watching something extremely sad on TV while the blank-faced alien just stared on. When Woo-jin asked the alien if it didn’t feel sad, it replied in the affirmative, asking Woo-jin why it should feel sad. The stark contrast between the crying Jung-yeon in front of him and the ever-stoic alien diminishes his suspicion of her.

Read more:: http://www.dramabeans.com/2017/05/circle-episode-3/

14 hours ago, fanie586 said:

So it's mean KWJ who is still missing? Or the role change KJH is actually KWJ but he think he is KBG?

I was thinking the same. It was a big twist as everyone suspected that Joon- hyuk is Woo Jin. I am still puzzled as they  showed us a big hint. I know they are twins but Woo Jin showed that he is very good at Rubik`s Cube  and that eyebrow catch...  Joon Hyuk did not know who he was and he did all that instinctively but maybe twins have the same habit. But looking at Joon hyuk `s personality he is close to Beom-Gyoon than Woo jin`s, he is playful and Woo jin was an introvert. Now... another twist...  they can make Woo Jin in 2037 to be the head of security Lee Hyun-Seok. Kidding. :D

I am totally fine to know that Joon Hyuk is Beon Gyoon. I am glad he is safe now. Seeing Professor Park putting that blue worm inside him, I was sorry for him. We find out that Bluebird is Han Jung-Yeon and that "her father" is the villian. It was confirmed my suspicious that the woman alien was controled by a baddie. Now after seeing the blue worms, it fits that she is the famous hacker. The color blue is the common theme...and the Bluebird nickname is kind of girly...:)   Maybe the chairman is Professor Han. Now I am curious how he descovered the aliens and these technology or if he is an alien too. I am curious if the twins`s father will appear.

On a side note... I find it weird when everyone is calling Beom Gyoon the big brother of Woo Jin. He is older by minutes. Why not called him Woo Jin`s twin? I know that Koreans are using honorifics even if there is a little difference in age but I still find it strange. 

Archived