[Drama 2017] Mystery Queen 추리의 여왕

larus

• Replies 711
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Nonglak Koomkamhaeng said:

She may take her for grant.

Well her fan club appears to be growing! I love it! Omo Omo JDJ is worming his way into her work place!  Please Catch the panty thief/murderer! Side note: Make sure you close your doors, it helps keep the baddies away!

I think this writer is very talented but really needs to work on their pacing. They threw a whole lot at us in episode and I hope the writer knows how to tie it all together well.

I don't understand why the need to waste time throwing  in her crush on some guy we just met. His back story, Her backstory, The JDJ story, Her husbands role, this  new murder, Her dream of being a cop... is more than enough already.  And they are not even working as a team yet. Come on now.

23 minutes ago, RobinM said:

I think this writer is very talented but really needs to work on their pacing. They threw a whole lot at us in episode and I hope the writer knows how to tie it all together well.

I don't understand why the need to waste time throwing  in her crush on some guy we just met. His back story, Her backstory, The JDJ story, Her husbands role, this  new murder, Her dream of being a cop... is more than enough already.  And they are not even working as a team yet. Come on now.

Who knows it just might get extended if everything isn't coming together in a timely manner, aren't elections in SK happening soon? 

Uri puppy Cheif Hong is like a school girl or fan boy with SO! :blush::wub::grin:

Agreed. Pls tell the director...."dun run all over the place".  And my patience is wearing thin. And it's OCN's fault for nurturing my penchant for a faster pace.

When I peered at the list of production credits, I couldn't believe my eyes. Except for an unknown scriptwriter, the rest all have an A-list of dramas under their belt. The soft lighting and pace of this drama reminds me of Choi Gang Hee's Heart to Heart --- very soothing, very soft (i really want to say 'very slow'} but THIS IS SPRING already...LOL

I am still halfway with the episode 9 (RAW) and I am honestly disgusted how JW and KHC are acting. bsod onion head JW used HS's case as a warning... if HWS makes YSO testify, she might end up like HS. I am not sure but it sounded like that. This is why HWS was hesitating. Then KHC did everything to stop his wife from testifying and kept pressuring and threatening HWS.

However, JW and KHC's moves are REALLY STUPID!! panda 18Because JDJ already knows that there is a witness and if he knows her identity, he will do anything to eliminate that thread. That's why using HS as example was wrong. It was wrong morally too because JW is using HWS's trauma and pain in order to achieve her goal. How can she expect that HWs wants to date her? Moreover, if YSO gets hurt due to JDJ, KHC will be the one responsible for YSO's injury as he didn't prevent the crime... Stopping her from testifying would never protect her!! Besides, his real goal was to please his higher-up and it was never for YSO's interest.

I hope, these two selfish and greedy persons get what they deserve!! The law firm never becomes hers and KHC gets divorced!get out crazy rabbit @sava2sava

YSO's husband is a coward and a snake. He isn't smart or doesn't care for his wife. If he did, he should have at least told her the case he is handling and how dangerous it is. Instead he chooses to keep her in the dark . I wonder why is he keeping it a secret , is it shame to tell his wife or greed for power fears wife will no longer respect him for that greed 

@bebebisous33 @Nonglak Koomkamhaeng

1 hour ago, UnniSarah said:

YSO's husband is a coward and a snake. He isn't smart or doesn't care for his wife. If he did, he should have at least told her the case he is handling and how dangerous it is. Instead he chooses to keep her in the dark . I wonder why is he keeping it a secret , is it shame to tell his wife or greed for power fears wife will no longer respect him for that greed 

@bebebisous33 @Nonglak Koomkamhaeng

I thank all of you to give me at least a little hint of what is going on in this new episode. I am addicted to this drama and I am dying to watch it in about 2 hours. As to @UnniSarah's comment above, I still think it was an order from Mr.Ha years ago (about 10 years?) to keep YSO in the dark about everything. KHC was ordered to marry her and keep her away from higher education. Mr.Ha's connection to Jang is also very dangerous as Jang knows something important which could take down Ha and Jung Law Firm and perhaps JW's father, a congressman. KHC is not dumb, neither is HJW, they and many others are involved in this massive scandal. I saw a brief scene of the fancy dinner Jang was having, they are very well-to-do gangsters. JW was talking directly to one of Jang's leaders, so they are all into it together. Meanwhile, our innocent WS, YSO, Officer Hong, Officer Lee, SO's BFF, they are my kind of people. They are not super rich but they are happy to be great citizens of South Korea.

3 minutes into the subbed episode and I already have goosebumps again. This drama is a masterpiece when it comes down to creating atmospheres. The way the scenes are cut are just pure pieces of art. 

And I love the soundtrack.

Does not seem like it at this point. She is married, he is still dwelling on his lost girlfriend and now another guy is in the picture. Unless someone happens in the last minute of the last episode I guess.

6 minutes ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

i am confused.. we are almost near the end andlove story hasn't even started..

is there alove story in the firt place?

Am I the only one that's sees it? JJW and KHC see how they click with each other and maybe JW more so as WS isn't one to be around or close to a women that isn't HS. We can see how he gets when they threaten to harm SO and how he is all depressed and sad at having to stay away from Ahjumma. :bawling::angry::heartbreak:

It is nit advertised as a romance though. Yes. It has romantic elements but the kissing and shmoopy confessions is better suited to Rom coms and not going to happen here. I think the last episode will have her divorced or getting divorced from prune face, him healing from heartache and heavily hinting at them being together. Time skip of a year or so might see her being his partner in more ways than one.

5 minutes ago, RobinM said:

It is nit advertised as a romance though. Yes. It has romantic elements but the kissing and shmoopy confessions is better suited to Rom coms and not going to happen here. I think the last episode will have her divorced or getting divorced from prune face, him healing from heartache and heavily hinting at them being together. Time skip of a year or so might see her being his partner in more ways than one.

Ah way to burst my bubble but hey, I'm a shipper to the core, who knows what will happen. Patiently waiting for subs.

Aww. Sorry! I like shipping as well but have been burned by getting really invested in couples and then let down with no payoff . 

I soo want them to discover they are meant to be and tell each other but I will take crumbs as well and be happy as long as there is a sweet hopeful ending :wub:

Finished episode, thoughts:

• I just can't believe they let her die. I really had a hard time during the scenes where she was chased, but I never thought about her getting killed. That killed my mood today, I wasn't ready for this. She was so nice and cheerful.
  • WS knows that this one is on him and I loved that he immediately crumbled, knowing that he made a terrible mistake. "Can you tell that to that 23y old girl?" were so powerful words, he knows he screwed this up. He didn't take this case serious and now she's dead. To a certain degree it's his fault and he realized it on the spot.
  • WS is just such an interesting and complex character, the scene of the past meeting his girlfriend were just so full of atmosphere. The soundtrack supported it even more. Now we know why he always apologizes when he gets hurt. Moments like these, where she touches his wound with her hand and signalizes that she cares about him and his health, are moment that he will never forget. Things like that touches our mens heart. 
  • The same goes for him in Officers Hong apartment, he acts like that because he's trying to hide how things are really are in his life right now. 
  • I begin to like JJW, I like how jealous she is. I think deep within me I hope she will get through to WS. I don't think WS & SO will have a lovestory, but maybe she has a chance one day. 
  • I absolutely don't like SO's husband. 
  • Overall a very atmospheric episode again, I just love how every scene is cut, the soundtrack is on point everytime and the characters within the drama just never begin to create boredom. The episode passed by so quickly. 

1 hour ago, gaby81 said:

Am I the only one that's sees it? JJW and KHC see how they click with each other and maybe JW more so as WS isn't one to be around or close to a women that isn't HS. We can see how he gets when they threaten to harm SO and how he is all depressed and sad at having to stay away from Ahjumma. :bawling::angry::heartbreak:

What we can see is.. or atleast i do is.. that hero has a soft corner for the ajumma.. simply because he highly respects his skills.. and she is a warm person in general.. and this guy has no one in his life..

love is not there.. he is still hung up on his memories... he truly respects ajumma.. at his end, it is easy for a nice moment to make him fall for her and another for him to realize that he loves her..

BUT SHE is nowhere close to loving him or respecting him as a man! or a cop

(((

after today's episode, feel bad.. and side with ajumma.. on our hero being a useless cop.. hope he learns the lesson

@dhakra I must say that I really dislike JJW. First, she was trying to make HWS feel guilty, when she said that he was responsible for endangering YSO's life and not the law firm!! Well, she has a twisted mind... the real source of the danger is Jang and not HWS. Secondly, she is wrong. By helping him, she knows that he will get released and as soon as he is out, he will be after YSO. She is already aware that Jang is investigating YSO. Does she really believe that Jang will let YSO live, if she asks him to. Then she is really naive or she is just indifferent. Then by using threads like that (destroying YSO's reputation with the pictures), she has a very low moral standard! Yes, she is a lawyer and it's her job to defend her client, but fact is that she is using immoral methods.  

But let say it: both KHC and JJW are to blame for this terrible situation: YSO's life might be in danger. They both know that Jang is a criminal but due to favors, they have to use different means and ways to get JAng released. Like I said it before, I want JJW to be punished, just like Ha and KHC. She doesn't deserve HWS at all. I really hated it, when she twisted the knife in the wound by mentioning SHS. She knows that she represents a huge source of pain for HWS and by doing so, she is revealing her lack of sensibility.

I really loved this episode because the main plot is still there (JDJ and HS's death), but we get a new case. Now, YSO is getting more and more involved. Notice that KHC has a direct connection to Ha hence I am more and more convinced that KHC did marry YSO for an ulterior motive. YSO will work with HWS and Hong... the latter did some research about civilian help for investigations which means that he is trying to find a legal way for YSO so that she can work for the police. Meeting her idol Inspector Woo might also incite her to make the jump. Anyway, the new case's introduction was sad but I think the writer did a good job because this incident makes HWS realise that there is more than JDJ. So far, he has been obsessed with JDJ and HS's death but his mistake was like a eyes-opener. He should pay more attention to victims and take their case seriously. I think, this was necessary for HWS to move on... to become more mature and improve as a detective. 

Moreover, we get to see that YSO hasn't given up to investigate her parents' death yet. She asked for the Shining Dong taxi driver murder file (14.11.2007) . Remember that I had written the theory that her father was a taxi driver and he was found in his car, behind his wheel. In my opinion, since she has always believed that her parents didn't commit suicide, she is now looking for a similar case in order to prove her theory for murder. She needs this case with all the info so that she can compare it to her parents' death. 

So far, I am enjoying the evolution of their relationship. HWS has definitely allowed YSO to enter his heart. For her sake, he refused to use her testimony which is really telling that he has come to really like her. Moreover, we all know how much the case with JDJ means to HWS as it is connected to HS's death. By saying his goodbye to her was his way to protect her as well. To sum up, HWS has already started changing. Interesting is that he kept avoiding JJW the entire time, but out of concern for YSO, he even went to JJW's office!!

I am just hoping that HWS will discover soon why YSO has been obsessed with crimes and investigation. Then I guess, YSO will realise what her husband did. Since JDJ appears in front of her in the next episode, she will discover that HWS never used her testimony and that her husband was behind the case. I am hoping that in the episode 11, we see a confrontation between KHC and his wife.

@docster6 @ross27 @RobinM @Mico Ricco @UnniSarah @Nonglak Koomkamhaeng @gaby81@sava2sava @larus

Archived