[Drama 2016-2017] Guardian: The Lonely and Great Goblin 도깨비

Go Seung Ji

Hi all... I'm a little lost.

May I know why many are thinking that ET will die? I watched the preview cuts but I don't see how ET will die.

And I don't understand why Sunny will die too. 

There is a scene in the preview of tea pouring. 

But there are no scenes of Sunny or ET in the tea room setting in the preview. Sunny was in her room. And ET was in the restaurant or hotel room. 

So... there is no scene to confirm that Sunny or ET will definitely die. 

Can anyone help to explain? Thank you in advance :)

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, SizzlerZ said:

At first when I watched the preview scene I was worried about JET: 

Hide contents

When KS and JET are hugging each other with KS crying his eyes out, you can't really see JET's clothes but there a peak of white so she's probably wearing a white top that might be similar to the one she's wearing during her car accident:

I know much can't be told from the surroundings but when JET turns around to KS and says 'let's meet again', it seems as if she's in the tea shop about to walk through the door to afterlife.

It makes me think that she dies but at the same time when she says "I'm really sorry..." to KS when hugging while crying and SMILING!

Looking at everything it seems like she's going to die but she's smiling... Is that possibly enough to suggest that she's not going to die and the whole situation is completely misunderstood? 

SOMEONE PLEASE PUT ME OUT OF MY MISERY!!

Some thoughts below in reply to @SizzlerZ :

Spoiler

ET is smiling because she remembered all the memories after hanging out with KS for a while in Canada. Then she hugs him and says sorry that she took so long to remember.

ET will not die, I think. 

I'm not sure about Sunny. 

---

My reply to @lolly84 :

7 minutes ago, lolly84 said:

Why i think that when she said sorry to him in that damn preview was for remembering everything?? ç___ç Maybe she doesn't die...

I agree I agree! 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, lolly84 said:

Why i think that when she said sorry to him in that damn preview was for remembering everything?? ç___ç Maybe she doesn't die...

I hope your right!! 

Actually I considered that but the way KS was crying made me think that she dies and she's says sorry for dying like that and everything... :( PLEASE TELL ME I'M WRONG

• Like 5

I will streaming live in here again...:wub:All tiredness just only tonight..Then I will missed all in here...What drama I will be come from episode one to finale..I think this my first drama from beggining until now....I always skipped the middle or follow to ending only...

4 hours...

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, 122am said:

Some thoughts below:

Hide contents

ET is smiling because she remembered all the memories after hanging out with KS for a while in Canada. Then she hugs him and says sorry that she took so long to remember.

ET will not die, I think. 

I'm not sure about Sunny. 

Thank you!!! I really do hope your right and I'm just making crazy assumptions!!! 

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, shynaz said:

I answer your question...

Its just bed scene...Then...

Hide contents

She will pregnant...and their son or daughter will be half of goblin and human...

season 2 next...just joking.....lol

Going along with this theory @shynaz :

Spoiler

I actually think that General will have a son.

And ET and KS will have a daughter.

Perhaps General's son will be reincarnation of GR, and ET's daughter will be Sunny. And ET's daughter will receive the star clip.

But this may be just too predictable. ^_^

• Like 4

I wonder how the writer wrap up for the GR and Sunny parts. No matter how I think of it, it is not a good ending. Sunny died and becomes GR, it doesn't make any sense cos she never hurts people. And, it is not a happy ending for WY and Sunny become GR.

My second thought is WY remain as GR and Sunny stays alive....hisss...not a good ending as well.

Third, could be Deity spares WY from his long punishment, turn him into human...I like the 3rd suggestion...:dizzy:

• Like 6

1 minute ago, 122am said:

Going along with this theory @shynaz :

Hide contents

I actually think that General will have a son.

And ET and KS will have a daughter.

Perhaps General's son will be reincarnation of GR, and ET's daughter will be Sunny. And ET's daughter will receive the star clip.

But this may be just too predictable. ^_^

I just think hope we dont have reincanation scene..I just want ending like this...

Spoiler

Kim shin and et together smile in the canada..got the call from sunny and wy dating... sunny complain more ghost  come their home..The the butterfly scene smile from the sky...The end..LoL..

• Like 7

To all who are worried about the ending, I will like to share my thoughts:

1. Every episode we are trolled by the preview and after watching, we are delighted by the plot and script. So don't worry. The writer knows what the audience wants and she will not give a sad ending after such a marathon journey of Goblin. Plus: Don't ever trust the preview. 

2. KES loves GY and the other cast. Evidence: This is her best drama script to date, judging from the storyline. She will not screw up at the last episode.

3. Director is there to ensure that drama is handled in best way possible. Evidence: they postponed Ep 14 just to get CG correct. This shows responsibility level of production team and everyone else.

4. Preview scenes did not truly show tea room background. So, there is no grounds to confirm Sunny or ET will die. It's just cry scenes and script lines that are cut to distract us.

Unsolved mysteries in my mind:

1. How to undo GR's non-human situation

2. How to undo KS's non-immortal situation

I don't want to guess the above 2 mysteries, I want KES to show me how she will do it! She is attaining god-like status in my mind right now.

There will be a Happy Ending, everyone! I'm sure! Let's have faith in KES!

• Like 15

LOL... I have decided to retire temporarily from Kdramas (if possible) . 

I came into Goblin straight after Moonlight and it's havoc on my savings! 

So far in the near future I only see Strong Woman Bong Soon as a possibility but I highly doubt I will become addicted to it. 

I need a light hearted comedy next!

I also plan to watch Star Biscuit and Teacher Candy and if I can dig up my copy of She's On Duty... 

• Like 9

@shynaz  Your ending has my vote. Except perhaps I want a more established future for WangSun, too. I don't know..

I usually don't mind sad endings. Sometimes I look for stories with sad endings (case on point: Anna Karenina). Earlier on in this thread, I said sad endings were better than amnesiac happy endings. Well we've been there with amnesia many, many times in this drama, so I don't think I will like a sad ending this time. 

Edited by selenette
  • Like 5

13 minutes ago, SizzlerZ said:

I hope your right!! 

Actually I considered that but the way KS was crying made me think that she dies and she's says sorry for dying like that and everything... :( PLEASE TELL ME I'M WRONG

i:m afraid i cannot tell u that u r wrong.. because i too feel the same.. though i vow to watch the finale in an open heart and mind, i never thought it would be this hurt.. :bawling:

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, 122am said:

To all who are worried about the ending, I will like to share my thoughts:

1. Every episode we are trolled by the preview and after watching, we are delighted by the plot and script. So don't worry. The writer knows what the audience wants and she will not give a sad ending after such a marathon journey of Goblin. Plus: Don't ever trust the preview. 

2. KES loves GY and the other cast. Evidence: This is her best drama script to date, judging from the storyline. She will not screw up at the last episode.

3. Director is there to ensure that drama is handled in best way possible. Evidence: they postponed Ep 14 just to get CG correct. This shows responsibility level of production team and everyone else.

4. Preview scenes did not truly show tea room background. So, there is no grounds to confirm Sunny or ET will die. It's just cry scenes and script lines that are cut to distract us.

Unsolved mysteries in my mind:

1. How to undo GR's non-human situation

2. How to undo KS's non-immortal situation

I don't want to guess the above 2 mysteries, I want KES to show me how she will do it! She is attaining god-like status in my mind right now.

There will be a Happy Ending, everyone! I'm sure! Let's have faith in KES!

I will go with you. Give my faith to KES writernim. The only bitter sweet ending for me is knowing that I have to say farewell to the chingus here and missing the time reading all the analysis.

• Like 14

11 minutes ago, deabakdrama said:

I wonder how the writer wrap up for the GR and Sunny parts. No matter how I think of it, it is not a good ending. Sunny died and becomes GR, it doesn't make any sense cos she never hurts people. And, it is not a happy ending for WY and Sunny become GR.

My second thought is WY remain as GR and Sunny stays alive....hisss...not a good ending as well.

Third, could be Deity spares WY from his long punishment, turn him into human...I like the 3rd suggestion...:dizzy:

@deabakdrama  Hello! I don't like the idea of Sunny becoming a Grim Reaper, too! It will be much better if they go with the 3rd option, because the 2nd one is just pure melodramatic torture.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, selenette said:

@shynaz  Your ending has my vote. Except perhaps I want a more established future for WangSun, too. I don't know..

I usually don't mind sad endings. Sometimes I look for stories with sad endings (case on point: Anna Karenina). Earlier on in this thread, I said sad endings were better than amnesiac happy endings. Well we've been there with amnesia many, many times in this drama, so I don't think I will like a sad ending this time. 

just my imagination ending..but I hope kim shin and wy still goblin and reaper ...thats all..its sad but I want them not become human please..Its predictable and lost of fun although sad ending to et and sunny...

• Like 3