[Drama 2016-2017] Guardian: The Lonely and Great Goblin 도깨비

Go Seung Ji

5 hours ago, gutibear said:

Remember in episode 1 when KS went back to the Palace and killed evil eunuch and after that we saw he stood in front of King’s dead body and he said something like ‘I am too late’?

Well, what if what he meant by he was too late is he was too late in saving the King’s life. What if, evil eunuch killed the King? Maybe that is why KS feels debt towards his sister Kim Sun (killed because of him) and the King Wang Yeo (failed in protecting the King). Something missing with this theory though as to why would KS feels debt to someone who killed his family.

Ah that's the king? I thought it was his sister, the queen. Because the body was covered with yellow cloth. How could the king died anyway? 

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, selenette said:

Yay, fellow mom of a little son @valzki ! Your son is so cute! Any chance to name his future siblings with Goblin character names? 

Thank you chingu! :wub: Haha..he already had a big sister and i name her hyori. I can say i'm korea addict from long time ago. Lol.. if Goblin appears 5 years ago, i'd like to take Kim Sun or maybe Sunny and Kim Shin as their names  hahaha...

• Like 9

12 minutes ago, valzki said:

Thank you chingu! :wub: Haha..he already had a big sister and i name her hyori. I can say i'm korea addict from long time ago. Lol.. if Goblin appears 5 years ago, i'd like to take Kim Sun or maybe Sunny and Kim Shin as their names  hahaha...

@valzki You don't want to name him Kim Shin, it means The God of Gold or the Golden Faith depending on the Hanja. :crazy: 

Best luck to Hyori and her little brother! 

Btw the body in the golden shroud can't be the Queen's, it must be somebody who recently died. Besides, the evil eunuch had aged so much... at least two decades must've passed.

As to how the King died at a relatively young age (in his 30s *cough* my age *cough*), I agree with @gutibear that something suspicious must've happened... perhaps his eunuch had something to do with it, indirectly or directly.

Edited by selenette
  • Like 7

I am so amaze how fast the threads are moving.

But I have a doubt cos many of the threads I read mention that GR can erase ET memory? But I tot he can't cos during one episode I think is ep 3, GR try to influence ET to remove the sword but seem like he can't telepathy with her? Did I miss anything?

So far the pace was so good , and I really hope the drama continue to progress well. I am so worries and very scare that the script might end abruptly like scarlet heart. Sob sob left 8 more episodes, plus the filming is still ongoing. Hwaiting goblin!! No matter Wat is the ending I still think is the most excellent drama of the year. 

• Like 7

Things (dreams) that I'm looking forward for my OTP:

1. Gong Yoo x Kim Go Eun duet. They both are good singers. Come on show... This is your milking time!

2. Deep kiss (perhaps not now but latter part) it's TVN anyway. 

3. I read a comment that said mellow ending should be used in order to maintain the consistency and not to mess the intricate plot that has been built all along. Perhaps so, even if my heart might unable to take it anymore after the shitty ending that is SH. Just NOT WITH OPEN ED. that will pisses the heck out of me (like SH)

4. If the writer intend for happy ending it will be interesting to see how they will get their happy ending out of this soppy mess of a situation. Just don't make it "magically" happen. It will ruin the meaning of the story.

• Like 12

When Goblin Kim Shin releases the Sky Lantern towards ending of Episode 8, background started with music and a lady's voice singing. Any one knows the song title or where to find that song?  Same music/song was played end of Episode 7 with Goblin Kim Shin protected Ji Eun-Tak from slamming against that huge truck.
Thanks.  

• Like 6

guys... You are all awesome. I am amazed by how fast all of you are in this thread. It is a lot of joy for me to reading all of your thoughts on this one page, I want to press likes button as much as I can handle!!! How can I... I can't be like you guys, I can't do that deep analyzing or that deep diggin' contents share and my english is not good:sweatingbullets: I guess I'm that enjoy-er  one. I want to appreciate all of you for all the shares, thanks:heart: I hope you guys don't mind about: that I just press like buttons for all-of-your-amazing-posts and share the fanvids that I love and I think should be recognized by you guys and I'm so excited to do that. I hope you guys don't mind, once again:tears::tears:

• Like 18

1 hour ago, aurelly said:

BTS ( Fan Cam ) 

Cr Vid Owner

Hm..The road looked skewed to her side which made her seemed shorter than her actual height, prob that's why she's standing on a box. How much difference of their height anyway?

• Like 6

1 hour ago, selenette said:

@valzki  Same here! Btw I literally have lost sleep due to this thread. I know obsession is dangerous, but I can't help it. The men are too d4mn fine, the girls kicka$$, the plot is daebak (with only minor halts), the CGIs speak for themselves, the cinematography is dazzling, etc etc I can go on and on and on... 

Dear @selenette and @valzki, Actually.... my hubby started to nagged me about this sleepless live pattern I got since Goblin airing. --___--.... Hours of download for 1 ep, screencapturing, editing, trimming vid, ripping mp3. I've tried to lured him to watch this too, but he doesn't like fantasy story. :tears:

Btw @maryofbethany, I'll be waiting for that thesis about chemistry of both otp. Because I've been hooked to this drama because both couples and all the casts just showing overflowing perfect chemistry.

• Like 8

I just wanted to tell you good bye and that I love you all to bits

I might die a horrible death today or tommorow ... *sigh*

Just so I get that of my chest and don'tmiss a chance

I want to go shopping at the the nearest mall (where there is a body shop), but if I tell my kids they will kill me for sure

• Like 15

This short fanvids just too... Wow.

So I guess beautiful cinematographies attract beautiful editors for contribute too.

Non-OST

Spoiler

I'm on big excitement to diggin' vids cause... What I'm gonna do till that next episodes come:bawling:

@itzibitzispider grateful me that I use BS White Musk from a long time. Am I GY's bride? :p:p:p

Edited by dramafanvidsdropper
addin' reply
  • Like 17

Somebody summon me a Goblin so I can keep loads of (hopefully not cursed) gold bars to book a flight and stan these stars in Seoul, because my meagre salary and savings won't cut it.

I prefer "hot ahjuhssi goblin" grab my hand, opens a door, and i'll be there in his bedroom at the coffee shop " afternoon dating and smiling giddily"

1 hour ago, valzki said:

D A E B A K!!! you are AWESOME!!! what is your son name? korean too?

As to how the King died at a relatively young age (in his 30s *cough* my age *cough*), I agree with @gutibear that something suspicious must've happened... perhaps his eunuch had something to do with it, indirectly or directly.

how do you know that he died in his 30s?

1 hour ago, valzki said:

Hahaha will they go to the theatre again and watch "coffee prince"? And KS will kiss ET here awkwardly :phew: i  am afraid there will be no kiss in short time since they need to find a solution whether to pull out the sword or not. 

COFFEE PRINCE'S BEDROOM KISS? :scream:.... ONE OF THE BEST KISS in KDRAMA history??? THAT KISS??? 

I'LL BE DEAD!!!! RIP ME!!! :skull:

@itzibitzispider said "I want to go shopping at the the nearest mall (where there is a body shop), but if I tell my kids they will kill me for sure "

Well...This namja has heard you... 

1gnj3s.gif

GOOD LUCK CHINGUYAAA!!!! :naughty:

@itzibitzispider EDT : Eau de Toilette (a dilute form of perfume)... i put the product under spoiler, make sure you dont forget LOL hahahahahahahaha

aaaahhhh done showering with my new "White Musk Shower Gel"... gone craaazeeeeyyyyy!!!!

Edited by naritul
add gif
  • Like 22

6 minutes ago, itzibitzispider said:

I just wanted to tell you good bye and that I love you all to bits

I might die a horrible death today or tommorow ... *sigh*

Just so I get that of my chest and don'tmiss a chance

I want to go shopping at the the nearest mall (where there is a body shop), but if I tell my kids they will kill me for sure

Lol @itzibitzispider you've startled me! I thought there's something serious thing happen to you, but then I enlarged the last sentences. You'll definitely dead if they've found out what their mom plan is. hahaha

I'm still in "holding my feet" to go to the nearest body shop. It's very near that I can just walk there. But I'm holding my self..... I dunno what my hubby will say if he found out about that.

20 minutes ago, dramafanvidsdropper said:

I can't be like you guys, I can't do that deep analyzing or that deep diggin' contents share and my english is not good:sweatingbullets: I guess I'm that enjoy-er  one.

That's OK chingu. I'm not an english spoken person too. Almost never speak in english on everyday life. But writing here and there helped me to be english written person. LOL. If you meet me in real life, we might need to use chat apps to speak to each other by text. :sweatingbullets:

• Like 12

8 hours ago, mouse007 said:

I really loved this scene from episode 8

ET and KS lying on the floor together.. such a sweet and tender moment between them. KS is this powerful and immortal Goblin but at the same time, he is also just a man who yearns to be loved and cared for. One of the things I find endearing about KS is his moments of vulnerability. I also like how ET lit up candles for him, gently put a blanket and also gently lifted his head and put a pillow for him. She knows how powerful and capable KS is but she also recognizes that he is just a man. It's as if she really sees him for who he is.

This scene also tells me how they feel toward each other. 

Hide contents

Hide contents

Indeeeddd! Couldn't agree more~

I've been re-watched this scene over and over. But still can't get enough <3 <3 

May we can get more skinship or kiss scene for the next episode ^^ Jeebaaallyoo

• Like 10

19 minutes ago, 12blbl said:

Hm..The road looked skewed to her side which made her seemed shorter than her actual height, prob that's why she's standing on a box. How much difference of their height anyway?

Official profile said 1.82m vs 1.67m. Around 15cm diff. But why Goblin looks so much taller than ET (at least in my eyes :sweatingbullets:)

• Like 8

Somebody summon me a Goblin so I can keep loads of (hopefully not cursed) gold bars to book a flight and stan these stars in Seoul, because my meagre salary and savings won't cut it.

I want a Goblin too, but no other than Gong Yoo Goblin :phew: i think he is the most handsome goblin in the world. Haha...will he give you loads of gold bars easily?  i am curious, i think he is a lil bit stingy. He owns many buildings and companies but still  tries to manage and even cut the house expenses :sweatingbullets: (added 1 more member to the house won't make him poor either)

• Like 11