[Drama 2016-2017] Guardian: The Lonely and Great Goblin 도깨비

Go Seung Ji

3 minutes ago, hallee said:

Oh i see....but what would Eun Tak alter in their boyfriend clause??? Would she want to delete it because of Tae Hee???

I was thinking that too cos they showed her going into his room after the whole Tae Hee track.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, crazyoverkdrama said:

I'm going to keep my fingers crossed and trust the writer that her writing style will stay the same.  I remember DOTS, and it gave us intense, comedic, and sad scenes per episode.  I kind of find it funny that Goblin will be chasing JET, and this time she will be running away from him, a complete reversal of their roles.  

But the one I was most curious was the other lost soul of GR.  Please do not turn this into a makjang and make Sunny the other lost soul. :dissapointed_relieved:

Absolutely indeed! Writer Kim Eun Sook has always been giving intense plots in each and every episodes of her drama...but at the end of the day, she will truly deliver a happy and satisfying finale for each drama...giving me high hopes for Goblin's happily ever after...now that we are half way through the drama.

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, staygold said:

Thank you for sharing those links!!

I am giving you a different perspective on PPL and why I don't have a severe problem with it. 

I apologise cos this is kind of way off topic.

Hide contents

In my country the television caters to a conservative audience. The same old cliched stories and programs go on and on for years!!! The TV channels make good money out of these and don't see the need to change the pattern. They don't want to invest in a new idea. Also there is considerable censorship!!

Thankfully of late, there has been an influx of web series dealing with subjects that wouldn't have made past the strict censors of TV. These stories could be told because of certain brands which sponsored them. And I would certainly look favorably at these brands because they were brave to support a new idea!!  Also if an outsider asks me to name a few good series to watch I can suggest these instead of the boring standard TV series!! 

Who cares if they showed a cosmetic cream for a few seconds!!! For me there is something new and beautiful story to watch once I move past the obvious PPL!!!

@staygold, I agree.  Just the other day, I passed by a Body Shop store and remembered KS' marketing line, "It might not make you an immortal but..."  It may not make me one, but I bought it anyway. :sweatingbullets:

The power of PPL or GY effect?? LOL

• Like 9

10 minutes ago, staygold said:

I was thinking that too cos they showed her going into his room after the whole Tae Hee track.

That could be the case; and because Kim Shin already likes Eun Tak, he was visibly upset when he saw those two contracts with Eun Tak...probably he had sensed that ET would want to delete the boyfriend clause thingy bec she have met again Tae Hee.

• Like 5

There's a discussion on how the ending should be,from the first time i read the synopsis and watch this i'm all ready for sad ending or open ending or whatever unhappy ending it'll be. My wish is just for the OTP share lots and lots of romance and kisses and hugs before good byes x) 

no noble idiocy please that just prolonged the pain of longing.they should just think this like kim shin having a fatal disease with only a few months left,they should make memories than just regretting the fate,and live the most out of whats left.but having seen kim shin ache his chest because of the sword after his hug to eun tak,i wonder what a passionate kiss would make kim shin feels ,major heart attack maybe xD

• Like 5

33 minutes ago, crazyoverkdrama said:

@staygold, I agree.  Just the other day, I passed by a Body Shop store and remembered KS' marketing line, "It might not make you an immortal but..."  It may not make me one, but I bought it anyway. :sweatingbullets:

The power of PPL or GY effect?? LOL

LOL... it's GY Effect!!!

i thought of buying it but i already have sooo many EDTs ,

maybe if they put GY's standing banner, i would buy HAHAHAHA... and took pic of it LOL...

:glasses: WHY WHY WHY i cant stop thinking about this dramaaaaaa ARRRGHHHHH!!!!!!:confounded:

-edit-

@staygold @crazyoverkdrama @gutibear

i ended up buying shower gel... if they put the shower gel's PPL (GY uses the shower gel on showering scene)... ahhhh i will take a shower at least 3 times per day while thinking of him... !!! HAHAHAHAHA.... :w00t: 

• Like 11

4 minutes ago, naritul said:

LOL... it's GY Effect!!!

i thought of buying it but i already have sooo many EDTs ,

maybe if they put GY's standing banner, i would buy HAHAHAHA... and took pic of it LOL...

:glasses: WHY WHY WHY i cant stop thinking about this dramaaaaaa ARRRGHHHHH!!!!!!:confounded:

I read incorrectly, i thought, "me too! I'll buy the standee. That is if I can get past weird looks and if they will let me." :joy:

• Like 6

25 minutes ago, hallee said:

That could be the case; and because Kim Shin already likes Eun Tak, he was visibly upset when he saw those two contracts with Eun Tak...probably he had sensed that ET would want to delete the boyfriend clause thingy bec she have met again Tae Hee.

PLUS, ET status at that time was a lodger in KS household. Sigh, sometimes KS's immaturity annoys me .. in a good way lol. But, still, poor ET.

@naritul @staygold @crazyoverkdrama exactly. I had bought a perfume just days before I bought Goblin's EDT. And even though it smells good, but it's not my kind of smell. But I bought it anyway. 

Btw, just this morning a colleague came to my cubicle stated that she's watching Goblin. She's a fan of GY...mwahaha...  

• Like 11

9 hours ago, valzki said:

Btw, i still don't understand why KS should came back to the palace while before the king asked him to go far away when he gave KS the sword :blink:

When he told him not to come back, he meant for KS to die. According to the sub I watched he specifically tells KS to send word of his death, and he'll reply with his sorrow or something similar.  He was telling him to die on the battlefield.

@drmjs  Yay, more familiar names!!!!!  Lurk no more! Great to see you here. :) 

@selenette  Aw, thank you for the compliment on my username! The moment I read it, I knew I had to use it!  Also, thank you for confirming the girl was always a ghost. I did wonder in the earlier eps why ET remarked that she had no friends but this girl was clearly her friend. Really I thought maybe the girl was one of those people who is only your friend when no one "important" is looking, lol.  I really maligned the poor girl! 

• Like 10

4 minutes ago, mouse007 said:

I really loved this scene from episode 8

ET and KS lying on the floor together.. such a sweet and tender moment between them. KS is this powerful and immortal Goblin but at the same time, he is also just a man who yearns to be loved and cared for. One of the things I find endearing about KS is his moments of vulnerability. I also like how ET lit up candles for him, gently put a blanket and also gently lifted his head and put a pillow for him. She knows how powerful and capable KS is but she also recognizes that he is just a man. It's as if she really sees him for who he is.

This scene also tells me how they feel toward each other. 

Reveal hidden contents

cZ9oj0e.png

Reveal hidden contents

Tncx8eD.png

i also love this scene.. thank you chingu for share this moment ..

• Like 8

@princessnour90 ... I understand your frustration but like fate and destiny (  as explained by our dear @packmule3  ) ... it is impossible to control what other people say and do but it is up to you to not let what they say or do affect you ... just follow your heart and do what you enjoy best ....I am sure I am not the only one who always look forward to and appreciate your contributions to this thread ...

Speaking of the wise and sharp @packmule3 ... trust her to out KES ' tricks ... have always had the feeling KES is toying with her audience on the Reaper/Sunny angle and refused to take the bait without all the puzzle pieces laid out on the table ....

One thing about the Sunny connection is why did KS lead ET to work at Sunny's chicken shop ? He must know something about Sunny to do so ... 

• Like 8

15 minutes ago, crazyoverkdrama said:

I thought he was going to be in a state of shock during the first kiss.  He backed awsurroundingause he's going to die from the kiss, not from the sword pulling. LOL

LOL. I think we will get summer and spring on winter. Snow melting, the sun shining so bright and the colorful butterflies surrounding them. Ah must be a big news updates on strange weather happen .

• Like 6

4 hours ago, beijingdoll said:

I remembered the vision Kim Shin had when he saw Eun Tak for the first time. He said he didn't see her future but he saw this just when they locked eyes under the rain...

- Kim Shin at the cementery in Quebec, there is a sillouette of a woman walking towards him.

- KS, looking back as he is surprised by someone

- A guy (I think is KS) grabbing an older Eun Tak (short hair, like in her 29's scene at the restaurant) in front of a Christmas shop... I'm 100% sure is the same one where they went in Quebec the first time she crossed the magic door with him.

- A hand strongly grabbing an arm and KS looking intensely at Eun Tak.

THEORY: Eun Tak and Kim Shin meet again in the future Quebec, they may not remember each other (not sure why) but fate is fate and once they are there they start remembering each everything. If KS is looking at his grave at the cementery is because he has to know something. And I'm not buying that reincarnation theory at all. I WANT KIM SHIN not Gong Yoo acting as another guy. NO WAY. I need my Kim Shin with his 938 years old and his brain cells.

What do you think???? I need your thoughts!!

I agree!!! I think KS is gonna be the CEO ET was to meet in KS's premonition of the future. I also feel that he's not gonna lose ALL his memory of his Goblin days...it doesn't make sense if he does because then both of them won't know who the other is. If the writer is gonna hinge on emotions and how deeply they're pulled to each other as individuals to be the indication of their past...hmm...sounds okayyyy but I'd prefer KS keeping his memories :) 

As to whether ET will pull the sword out...I'm sure she will do it, but clearly it will be against her will.

OR

another option will be KS asking GR to erase her memories and letting her grow up but he will always be there to protect her from dying as per what the Red Lady told him. KS would rather sacrifice his mortality than seeing ET having to make the tough decision of pulling the sword out...

Either way, it's gonna be a long road ahead for us viewers! 

Edited by LyraYoo
Please do not quote images
  • Like 14