[Drama 2016-2017] Guardian: The Lonely and Great Goblin 도깨비

Go Seung Ji

1 minute ago, kiranzz said:

So, at least I read 2 theories here

1. From @gutibear : in case ET dies, KS will give his immortality and they are both alive well as real human

2. From @crazyoverkdrama : in case ET dies, then how the process goes and both being immortal, because however ET is still a missing soul

Im to dizzy to choose over :joy::joy:

Maybe we just have to use the old method:rock-paper-scissors. I'm feeling magnanimous today. 

• Like 7

rfl3kp65.jpg

After today´s episode and the new preview,  I think we might really be heading towards a reincarnation of ET. The vision of KS when he first met ET is kind of confirming it. I think ET will die. KS will be waiting for her to be reincarnated.  

That´s probably why he is still immortal. In the top left picture he is visiting her grave. Then one day while he is walking in the street he meets her reincarnation.

I would hate such an ending, since we will  be back at square 1.  I hope that tomorrow proves me wrong.

I´m also disapointed with the GR and Sunny part. I had hopped that they would have some kind of interaction in today´s episode. 

I wasn´t really happy with today´s episode. The vibe was different from all the previous one. It really felt like I was watching another drama.

• Like 22

5 minutes ago, staygold said:

@janeeta girl while you are at TVN headquarters just make sure that the camera isn't zooming out during the bed/kiss scenes, no pillars/walls coming in between!! :tongue:

But @staygold, there are kids watching!! It has to be blurred out, just like that preview. I'm beginning to think they're going to troll us with that too. ALMOST BED SCENE, ALMOST HAPPY ENDING.

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, kiranzz said:

So, at least I read 2 theories here

1. From @gutibear : in case ET dies, KS will give his immortality and they are both alive well as real human

2. From @crazyoverkdrama : in case ET dies, then how the process goes and both being immortal, because however ET is still a missing soul

Im too dizzy to choose over :joy::joy:

Both theories works for me...as long as they stay together..definitely or indefinitely...i don't care  which way

• Like 9

15 minutes ago, millie10468 said:

Finally watched the episode with subs and I can confidently say the following:

First, I loved, loved, LOVED how KS was brought back:

The fact that he asked to remain in that boundary between heaven and earth gives me severe feels. He knew that if he did leave, any chance he had at all at making his way back to JET would be gone.

I see people wondering why KS was able to come back this time as opposed to other times. I'm confident it's one of those "The stars finally aligned perfectly" moment. Even assuming JET blew out candles every year for the past 8 years, this was her 29th year and she seemed to be extra depressed this year. Plus, thanks to GR, we know JET's 29th year would be important. Plus the contract managed to leave KS's hand at that moment. So many things converged in that one moment that made it ripe for KS to appear when JET was asking for help, beautifully parallelED with the first time JET asked for help from the universe and was sent KS.

Second, I LOVED how KS was brought back so early, like within 30 minutes of the episode:

I also see people talk about how fast and "rushed" the episode was and it makes me realize just how differently we all interpret the same things. Time was not fast for the characters. They have lived every minute of the 9 years KS was gone. I'm trying to see what they would have preferred: would an hour of JET being as depressed as she was at the beginning of the episode suffice? We don't need to see every minute of the 9 years that passed. We can see the effect of those 9 years on JET's character. Within the first 20 minutes, we were able to see exactly how things were for her. She has a nice job, good friends, a nice house but she still feels something missing. We don't need an entire episode to tell us this. Which is why I'm grateful KS came back so early and then we got to spend a lot more time with seeing how he reintegrated himself into the land of the living.

Third, I LOVED how JET was drawn to KS, despite not knowing who he was:

The mind forgets but the heart remembers. JET's new relationship with KS gives me life. I think I could watch them interact like their close but not really forever. Pretty sure she'll regain her memories though but until then, poor girl must be confused about why she's drawn to this nice but strange man even though she could have sworn she's never met him before.

Fourth, I LOVED how JET has some support in her life in the form of her friend and Sunny:

For someone who grew up without friends, I'm happy she had these two at her side, even if she always felt like she was missing something.

Fifth, I LOVED how the bromance was finally healed:

When KS said GR should go give the letter to Sunny to give to JET and that after 9 years he finally had an excuse, I legit cheered. He's giving his approval. To me, that was the best sign that he'd finally forgiven WY for the past. 9 years ago, he might have told GR to protect Sunny but I highly doubt he'd have been supportive of a relationship between them. This bromance gives me all the feels in the world. And the fact that GR was the only one who remembered him is like the cherry on top of a very delicious, decadent sundae :)

Finally, the previews:

The less said the better. I just want to see how KES's going to wrap things out. Unlike others, I'm not that against reincarnation...only if JET gets to remember her past life though and build things from there. I'll riot if she's reincarnated and doesn't remember because it'd be a different JET, not the JET we've come to know and love. KS might learn to love a new JET but why should he? And why should she have to forget all the wonderful and painful  things that happened in her life?

Loved the episode for all the points u mentioned! 

Just want to add to the question of why KS was brought back now... 

DH as the deity said he felt a door opening. 

Possibly the door opening was the fact that JET was going to face death at 29 years (this was already fated and seen by GR so we should expect this to happen). So this will be the opportunity to let them be together, either both as a mortal couple or both as immortals. 

Because if only KS remains an immortal it is still not a happy ending 

• Like 16

6 minutes ago, crazyoverkdrama said:

But @staygold, there are kids watching!! It has to be blurred out, just like that preview. I'm beginning to think they're going to troll us with that too. ALMOST BED SCENE, ALMOST HAPPY ENDING.

yoga-smiley.gif?1292867705 Ok... preparing for that too.. Along with the accident and possible deaths!!!

• Like 5

Omg.... I just realised they had filmed scenes from this ep and the next way way back and it was also shown to us via a 6 min long preview... attaching snap shots for reference.. 

tumblr_ok3oah6T5Y1thi4sbo1_400.gif       :scream:   

Plus, I am sure the reason Shin came back, and she felt the need to call, because she is 29 and thats the danger year for all missing souls.. Like the reaper already foretold. 

Waiting for the finale!!! Now all I need is a giant tub of popcorn! 

:yum:

• Like 20

I love what @millie10468 said above. I hope that KS doesn't stay as immortal though because that is just so cruel. He would be so lonely waiting for ET to be reincarnated over and over again plus he has to win over ET's heart all over again every time...that's just super duper cruel. But again this drama title is the great and lonely god...so it's possible that KES will do that...omoooo...

• Like 14

42 minutes ago, millie10468 said:

The mind forgets but the heart remembers. JET's new relationship with KS gives me life. I think I could watch them interact like their close but not really forever. Pretty sure she'll regain her memories though but until then, poor girl must be confused about why she's drawn to this nice but strange man even though she could have sworn she's never met him before.

Yeah, also she stops crying, aching once shin is there, in front of her, or beside her. She cries if he's suddenly watching her, but then nonchalantly keeps chatting as if she doesn't care  the least. So I didn't feel her 'acceptance' of shin rushed either. Also to add perspective of someone close to her age lol, I feel when we go through failure of relationships, dates, trials, then the moment it clicks you know by heart that this is the one. So for ET, it doesn't take too much of her time to connect the dots and realize that he is the one, at least subconsciously. I 'loved' today's episode, probably going to replay it for numerous times more before this settles down, also ET and Shin's banter is to die for. I appreciate the writer for bringing back the arc of 'stranger to lover'  again, as she did with first couple of episodes. It just shows how ET says the exact same lines as she did nine years back, which again talks of their timeless relationship, which transcends the limits of time,and space. Like how shin kept walking and walking towards her and finally that door opened as she oddly 'buys a cake again' (intuitions may be?) I thought that contract was captured by his soul , so that's a metaphorical representation of how his soul is bound to ET, pledged to her eternally..which goes beyond time. 

But still I hope this is mortal Shin and that this keeps being ET's first life, so that there are always chances left of her meeting Shin in the next three lives again and again. This life is special after all , since this was the first time she got to meet him, and vice versa.

• Like 19