[Drama 2016-2017] Guardian: The Lonely and Great Goblin 도깨비

Go Seung Ji

1 hour ago, carolinedl said:

Oh just had a thought based on two of my previous posts.

What if the son-to-be that KS's second-in-command during the war is actually going to be the reincarnation of WY?!? KS had said that his son will accomplish great things... I can totally see that. The parallels would point to that.

I just said that the only way WY and Sunny would get a happy ending is if they get to reincarnate together, as in at the same time so that they can meet and be happy in their next life.

There's only one catch though: the son was born only a few months after his father's job interview. The second-in-command's wife was already pregnant that time, and it was said so by Sec Kim.

• Like 7

52 minutes ago, soultree said:

But i dont understnd, she was cold with him and then she started dating him, was it her subconscience ?

Prob she felt something for him whatever that is, but still wary of him, since he was a stranger whom could be a dangerous person :D.

Anyway I'm still confuse, KS retains the goblin's power but was he also still immortal?

I also confuse why it need 9 years for ET blew the candle and succeed to call KS, i assumed her blowing the candle many times previously was done without praying sincerely. I assumed she had blew candles many time, since there were candles in her office and even in a cafe LOL

• Like 9

KES don't want to get thrown with eggs tomorrow and that's why she's giving the sad preview for both couple beforehand so that we can adjust our expectation accordingly...

or maybe they will surprise us with happy ending but it doesn't look possible in this lifetime when one is mortal and the other one is immortal? So happy ending can only happen in the next life right? Both couples need to beg God to be reincarnated around the same time so that they can meet again.

we are totally played by KES ><

• Like 5

1 hour ago, carolinedl said:

Oh just had a thought based on two of my previous posts.

What if the son-to-be that KS's second-in-command during the war is actually going to be the reincarnation of WY?!? KS had said that his son will accomplish great things... I can totally see that. The parallels would point to that.

I just said that the only way WY and Sunny would get a happy ending is if they get to reincarnate together, as in at the same time so that they can meet and be happy in their next life.

Ah..I hope this would be so! I yearn for their happy ending so bad! T^T. But then Samshin has mentioned before that this is Sunny's fourth life or something (if I remember correctly it is the life where one reaps what they sow?) so does that mean that Sunny would not be able to be reincarnated anymore? :( Unless fourth life does not mean that it's the last time they would reincarnate but something else (not sire what exactly maybe some punishment or reward, I don't know) In which I hope is the case or I would be heartbroken if these two don't get the happy ending that they (and I ) need. :(

• Like 6

Just finished watching ep 14 with subs.

I'm curious about several things. But the question that lingers the most are:

1. What is kim shin? Wasnt the sword one of the elements that made him a goblin. With the sword gone is he still a goblin? Or now a supernatural being? A human with superpowers? Is he still immortal?

2. has euntak forgotten that she's the goblin's bride?She doesnt seem to connect why she wrote remember you're his bride in her notebook. Why would she forget that though, since euntak believe's she's the goblins bride since she was a kid, way before she met kim shin, that memory supposed to remain. Even the ghost said euntak is the goblins bride, and she has yet to meet him (considering all memories of kim shin was wiped out 9years ago).

Anyways, lucky those who use samsung galaxy S7 edge, even after 9 years in 2026(?) it remains the 'it' phone. Hahahaha. And dal.komm is still the cafe to go. Man the PPL was everywhere. Iloom, samsung, bodyshop, dalkomm, the candle, the towel(which need to be used and folded with the brand visible to others), the bottled water, and air canada, just to name a few. I'm pretty sure there's more i missed. Good for the companies which sponsored goblin, its worth the investment since the hype for this drama is over the roof.

• Like 9

Not to put down the mood down or anything, but doesn't it feel like it's a tad too fast? I mean, for me, I almost got whip-lashed. It feels like they are cramming all of these scenes in one episode, I can almost hear the drama say "Here, you need to understand and digest it FAST!!". Maybe they should have extended it with two more eps or something. 

Instead of satisfying me, it raised even more questions now: why is he still a goblin? I mean, seriously, all throughout the drama, they kept emphasizing about turning into ashes, and yes he did turn into ashes, but why is he still in possession of his powers? I can understand GR's condition, he is being punished still for using his powers, but the goblin? That is so weird.  I hope they clarify that before they end the drama.

• Like 10

3 minutes ago, jigah said:

@crazyoverkdrama is correct. KS' second in command's kid is already born 9 years ago. Perhaps, this is where all the side actors and actress will play a role. Perhap, the windbomb kid or the president class or DH's kids will be the reincarnation of anyone of our couples. 

Thanks for pointing that out. I guess another possible solution is if he gets another kid or something lest Sunny and WY be born in yet to be known families.. :/ Trying to figure out a happy ending for WangSun sure is difficult. I hope KES has something up her sleeve and come up with something that would surprise us.

• Like 5

After watching the episode I was left with a few questions. 

- I stil don´t understand how KS were able to return to her. 

- How did the contract appeared in that desert place?

-The word that KS wrote in his diary disappeared without leaving any mark, so why wasn´t it the same with ET´s poetry book. Why did it leave a burnt mark?

- ET being best friend with the class president. The interaction between them were too little for them to be best friend now. I would have liked to see how their relationship had developed. It just feels rushed to me

-KS still has his power but apparently can´t make gold anymore. So he is not a dokkaebi anymore. What exactly is he?

-Why is ET still able to summon him if, he is not a dokkaebi.

So we really did got the science fiction...interessting that everything looks the same after 9 years. I was expecting some flying cars :lol:

• Like 13

Is there an OTP #3?

We have the Boys Trio & now the Girls Trio has surfaced . . . 

Hoping that the much anticipated "cozy" scenes are not just quick flashbacks (like what we saw in the preview) . . .  KES will definitely be asked to leave the country if it is so. <_<

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, soultree said:

But i dont understnd, she was cold with him and then she started dating him, was it her subconscience ?

IKR?? You have this guy who is a complete stranger, hugging you, then following you around, and then BAM!!! "I decide to date you"? Seriously, Writer-nim. I know we are seriously pressed for time, but it's so fast, it's almost unbelievable. Then there's DH. Sure, he's being trained now to be the successor. But seriously, he's 35yrs old by now, he should have matured like everybody else.  But like KS, he seemed to have gotten stuck in his 20s. 

Sorry if I'm ranting right now. I'm a bit disappointed with today's episode, I don't know why. But it's just me. I think the others enjoy it, I just hope tomorrow's episode will be better than today.

• Like 8

@Sarang21

- KS was able to return to her because he was in limbo - between heaven and earth(?) because he chose not to pass.  Remember, he promised that when it snows that he will answer her request and again remember that scene when the guy who needed to go to the bathroom barged into GR's room so human will has power to summon KS back.

- the contract was held by KS and JET.

- KS can still make gold, he retains all his Goblin's power but the gold he creates has the label so he can't sell it in the market.

- conclusion, KS never passed as God gave him a chance to so he still retains the goblins's power.

This episode once again had me in tears.  I just love the love between KS and JET - destined love! 

And I will be writing a rude letter to KES if the couples don't end up together!!!:crazy:

AND, please stop torturing KS and JET - they went through so much to be together.  If JET gets a heart attack or in an accident - I'm going to be so mad. And please give GR and Sunny a chance in this lifetime!

• Like 21

Eun Tak at 29 tho, so beautiful!:wub:

Shin is still a goblin, but it was stated that his punishment has ended that was his immortality right? then he choose to be stuck in the place between life and death

the contract stated that Kim Shin agreed to be summoned by her on the first snow, of course she can blow out candles anytime but this was that one time when the two conditions were met:)

it was on the first snow and ET blew a candle signifying that she's summoning him even unintentionally and ta-da! he's back

and tomorrow a BED SCEEEEENE!!!!

• Like 19