[Drama 2016-2017] Guardian: The Lonely and Great Goblin 도깨비

Go Seung Ji

1 minute ago, pnaysurfer84 said:

Wah! I bet we will all cry if that happens. But here's a thought: WHAT IF KS won't turn to ashes when the sword gets pulled out. It will just turn him back to his MORTAL self. The sword was lunged on him as he lives an IMMORTAL life. AH! The loopy thoughts are coming, full circle LOL!

I WISH WITH ALL MY HEART THAT'S WHAT WILL HAPPEN. The one thing that's still boggling me is the future scene and how she talks to Sunny saying "I'm here in a nice restaurant with some nice man", says she's never been to Quebec, and calls KS "CEO". There's something with memory loss coming and if you see the quick flashes that KS sees when their eyes first meet in episode one, they give us clues. While I agree that KS will be mortal, he wouldn't just turn mortal and disappear. Something has to happen in order for him to finally meet the butterfly and gain his mortality.

Spoiler

mjy0J3b.jpg

The scene moves to reveal KS's face, is this them meeting again in Quebec? Or the moment she recalls her memories?

Spoiler

Jr5ovIA.jpg

KS has his hands near ET's neck/hair. This could be their first kiss in the future or maybe a flashback to the moment he put the necklace on her. Maybe it's ET's realization of why the necklace is so dear to her.

Spoiler

SPOILER FOR FUTURE EPISODE

DONT READ!

Spoiler

If you see the image that's floating around, KS is wearing the exact same collar as the first pic above and ET is wearing the same outfit with KS as she does in the restaurant.

http://en.koreaportal.com/articles/25138/20170111/goblin-to-air-special-episode-on-saturday-january-14-for-viewers-better-understanding.htm

Goblin To Air Special Episode For Viewers’ Better Understanding

goblin.jpg?w=750

Instead of a regular episode, viewers of the popular ongoing tvN drama "Goblin" (also known as "Guardian: The Lonely and Great God") will be seeing a special episode this Saturday, January 14.

According to tvN, episode 13, which will air on Friday, January 13, is the beginning of the climax of the story. And because the turn of events in the drama will get more complicated after that, the production wanted to give viewers a little background to help them understand the upcoming episodes better. This special episode will make it easier for the viewers to understand the turn of events in the drama. 

"Episode 13 marks the beginning of the climax of the story. Because the drama has taken on new challenges like adding in fantasy, romance, themes about life and death, and more, there have been several predictions about the story's ending. As a result, in order for viewers to be able to enjoy the rest of the story as easily and as comfortably as possible, we've decided to air a special episode on January 14 which will provide insight into the characters' intertwined fates, as well as the direction of the remaining episodes," tvN explained.

To sum it up, episode 13 (regular episode) will air on Friday, January 13. But instead of episode 14, a special episode will be shown the next day, Saturday, January 14.

The last 3 episodes, however, will be all aired next week as planned.

Episode 14 will be shown Friday next week, January 20. The remaining last 2 episodes (episodes 15 and 16) will be shown back-to-back the next day, Saturday, January 21. This means viewers will be able to enjoy an almost 3 hours of "Goblin" finale.

The drama's production is working hard to be able to deliver a finale that will fulfill viewers' expectations, tvN also added.

• Like 18

23 minutes ago, gamshe said:

The preview killed me once again. :tears:

And omg I am not sure if I can handle the last episodes back to back, it will be an unforgettable roller coaster ride :tears:

She accepted his ring, my heart is broken into million pieces, I am going to cry a bucket. 

• Like 6

Looks like this thread will go crazy next Saturday:grin:

Actually,I don't understand wny anyone would be upset about having the episode pushed back.I mean,I also heard that there will be a special episode which replaces the supposed airing of ep14 on Saturday.That special episode is said to explain whatever has happened and give a bit of hint as to what will happen next.Besides,the actors and crew could use a bit of a break during this period.I can't imagine how much they have to go through to produce this drama.Sure the behind-the-scenes look fun but they must have also experienced tough conditions which they of course won't show us.

Kuddos to all who created and made Goblin come alive.Hope Goblin flows smoothly and remain brilliant till the end.(But please take care of your health too!:heart:)

Btw,I love all the OSTs.I keep replaying them,intrumental ones too!I love the 'Stay With Me','Beautiful','I miss you' & Ailee's OST:love:

• Like 8

http://www.ibtimes.sg/goblin-again-top-spot-tv-list-tvn-dramas-osts-reigning-over-music-charts-6343

Goblin again on top spot on TV list: tvN drama's OSTs reigning over music charts

1484119184_gong-yoo.jpg

Goblin is winning hearts and gaining popularity, despite the undying controversies attached to it. Its captivating story line and powerful cast is enough to win over the Korean drama fans.

Not only the drama, several songs from the popular tvN drama sung by Urban Zakapa, Kim Kyung Hee and Ailee, is winning over the hearts of the fans.

tvN recently released three songs, Ailee's I Will Go to You Like the First Snow, Urban Zakapa's Wish and Kim Kyung Hee's And I'm Here. All of the three mentioned tracks got the top spots in various South Korean music charts.

According to Soompi , Ailee's song for the Goblin OST got the first place on Naver, Genie, Monkey3 and Melon as of 10 January.

Whereas, Urban Zakapa's Wish nabbed the number one spot on music charts like Soribada, Bugs and olleh. Kim's Goblin OST titled And I'm Here also got the top spot in Mnet's chart.

Previously, Gong Yoo's tvN drama had topped music charts, with the song Beautiful by Crush and Lasse Lindh's Hush. The collaboration song of Punch and EXO's Chanyeol known as Stay With Me was in the top in various charts in December 2016.

In other news, the popular tvN drama Goblin came back to number one position beating Hwarang on the Content Power Index ( from 26 December 2016 until 1 January), according to CJ E&M and Nielsen Korea, as cited by Yonhap News.

Gong Yoo's Goblin also surpassed Lee Min Ho's mermaid drama Legend of the Blue Sea which is now at number three.

• Like 20

19 minutes ago, gamshe said:

The preview killed me once again. :tears:

And omg I am not sure if I can handle the last episodes back to back, it will be an unforgettable roller coaster ride :tears:

@gamshe Thanks for the gifs once again, chingu! I'll try to look at the gifs and focus on how beautiful(ly tragic) they are before my tears blur my vision :tears:

Episode 10: Sunny asks to break up with Wang Yeo on New Year's Eve.

Episode 11: Sunny finds out about Wang Yeo's true identity. Wang Yeo initiates a break up.

Episode 12: Wang Yeo erases Sunny's bad memories and asks that she forgets him. (Which is basically separation again.)

Episode 13: Is Sunny leaving him again? 

I feel like they have more sad than happy moments together. As Wang Yeo says, "I knew it was impossible, but I dreamt of a happy ending." Please let the impossible happen and give WangSun a happy ending after all they have gone through :bawling: 

Sansa-Stark-game-of-thrones-37040292-300

• Like 16

7 minutes ago, janeeta said:

I WISH WITH ALL MY HEART THAT'S WHAT WILL HAPPEN. The one thing that's still boggling me is the future scene and how she talks to Sunny saying "I'm here in a nice restaurant with some nice man", says she's never been to Quebec, and calls KS "CEO". There's something with memory loss coming and if you see the quick flashes that KS sees when their eyes first meet in episode one, they give us clues. While I agree that KS will be mortal, he wouldn't just turn mortal and disappear. Something has to happen in order for him to finally meet the butterfly and gain his mortality.

Reveal hidden contents

mjy0J3b.jpg

The scene moves to reveal KS's face, is this them meeting again in Quebec? Or the moment she recalls her memories?

Reveal hidden contents

Jr5ovIA.jpg

KS has his hands near ET's neck/hair. This could be their first kiss in the future or maybe a flashback to the moment he put the necklace on her. Maybe it's ET's realization of why the necklace is so dear to her.

Reveal hidden contents

SPOILER FOR FUTURE EPISODE

DONT READ!

Reveal hidden contents

If you see the image that's floating around, KS is wearing the exact same collar as the first pic above and ET is wearing the same outfit with KS as she does in the restaurant.

Yeah. I've spoiled the ending for myself already. So, does ET get her memories of KS erased? Or their memories together just disappears? hmmm...I'll just wait. I don't want to think anymore LOL! I'm rebuking AMNESIA lmao! I'm pining for reincarnation, like in Arang and the Magistrate :sweatingbullets:

• Like 8

25 minutes ago, nearsea said:

Yeah! And what was he talking about ' This sword's value was that'. I wonder what makes his sword work this time?

@nearsea I'm going to go by @pnaysurfer84 's conjecture that now Kim Shin has rediscovered that the purpose of his sword is--first and foremost-- to protect, not merely to destroy. Although I beg to differ that the sword was not only made to protect Wang Yeo per se, but also his sister, his loved ones, and his country. 

It's a bit like Tom Cruise's Nathan Algren in The Last Samurai, albeit with a fantasy twist. Before finding his purpose to protect his friends and loved ones, Algren failed to embody the Samurai values. Afterwards, he discovered that purpose and grasped the values. 

In Kim Shin's case, this would take openheartedness to forgive, or at least to temporarily let go of his grudge (as shown in Ep 13 Preview--although previews can be misleading). 

• Like 11

Just watched the preview..Sorry I cannot be here so much tonight because my online so worst..I cannot open the forum just 2 pm until now..so I feel stress because I know today we will get preview actually...:sweatingbullets:

I love :wub: when look kim shin forgive to Wy...Thats my boyfriends...ops sorry my bromance:wub:Then the sword can be used again to kill that evil? How come..please not true sword ET pulled out... :bawling:

Just want to share..Why I hope goblin still have power although the blade will gone?

• Like 7

16 minutes ago, janeeta said:

My prediction for what will happen in the end:

KS will realize that the only way to get rid of PJW is by pulling out his own sword so he will ask ET to pull it out and through GR's help, she will have to kill him. Meanwhile, KS will turn to ashes and ET, GR, and Sunny will be sad. ET will lose her memories of KS since he no longer exists. Instinct will bring her to Quebec where she will meet KS, who has been given a miracle by the deity and is now CEO. They have lunch and before she leaves, he stops her and they recall their memories. Realizing that they are actually in love, they hug and kiss. END SCENE.

I don't particularly like this ending since I wanted a full on wedding and more mature romantic interactions but it's looking like the only way there will be a happily ever after.

Yes I believe ony ET can kill that evil Enoch but as soon as she pulls the sword Goblin will return to his ashes..

Again we are gonna have a metaphor here born from the ashes a phoenix

symbolize renewal in general as well as the sun, time the Empire, metempsychosis, consecration, resurrection, life in the heavenly Paradise, Christ, Mary, virginity, the exceptional man, and certain aspects of Christian life

I start to think that KS is seeing a future that has not happened yet, since fate is not carved / set not in stone, it can change, so he is seeing the future in the certain time standards, the Ceo she'll be meeting is him that's why  we never saw who the CEO is? 

2nd it is true love we have seen the metaphor of true love's kiss 

The closest analogue  of to a true love's kiss in a fairy tale's original form is in Beauty and the Beast, [edit2: first published in 1740,] where Belle's tears of (arguably true) love transform the beast into a prince. As that article notes, the later Brothers Grimm version of Sleeping Beauty (first published 1812) includes a kiss to break the curse, but it is a kiss of the princess' hand.

The phrase "true love's kiss" seems to have been coined by Shakespeare. A line of Act 4, Scene 4 in Richard III reads "Bear her my true love’s kiss; and so, farewell." It's use does not particularly relate to the concept being discussed.

• Like 8

1 minute ago, pnaysurfer84 said:

Yeah. I've spoiled the ending for myself already. So, does ET get her memories of KS erased? Or their memories together just disappears? hmmm...I'll just wait. I don't want to think anymore LOL! I'm rebuking AMNESIA lmao! I'm pining for reincarnation, like in Arang and the Magistrate :sweatingbullets:

Yeah I think she will. But similar to how WY and Sunny have remembered, I think KS and ET will have their memories too eventually. Ten years is too short for re-incarnation, KS would only be a kid then (assuming he's reborn immediately and I'd love to see the age-debaters at DB's faces when they realize 29 y/o ET is romancing a 10 y/o KS :lol:) but turning into a mortal will be our best bet.

1 minute ago, makeuptemple said:

Yes I believe ony ET can kill that evil Enoch but as soon as she pulls the sword Goblin will return to his ashes..

Again we are gonna have a metaphor here born from the ashes a phoenix

symbolize renewal in general as well as the sun, time the Empire, metempsychosis, consecration, resurrection, life in the heavenly Paradise, Christ, Mary, virginity, the exceptional man, and certain aspects of Christian life

I start to think that KS is seeing a future that has not happened yet, since fate is not carved / set not in stone, it can change, so he is seeing the future in the certain time standards, the Ceo she'll be meeting is him that's why  we never saw who the CEO is? 

2nd it is true love we have seen the metaphor of true love's kiss 

The closest analogue  of to a true love's kiss in a fairy tale's original form is in Beauty and the Beast, [edit2: first published in 1740,] where Belle's tears of (arguably true) love transform the beast into a prince. As that article notes, the later Brothers Grimm version of Sleeping Beauty (first published 1812) includes a kiss to break the curse, but it is a kiss of the princess' hand.

The phrase "true love's kiss" seems to have been coined by Shakespeare. A line of Act 4, Scene 4 in Richard III reads "Bear her my true love’s kiss; and so, farewell." It's use does not particularly relate to the concept being discussed.

EXACTLY THIS! The talk of ashes always reminds me of the Phoenix and how they rise. I think this will be the case for KS too. In regards to the memories, true loves first kiss will come into play and just like with WY and Sunny, they will also remember. In Chairman Yu's letter in the last episode, he did say that someday KS will come and want everything, and to give it to him. I believe this is a direct reference to how KS will become CEO and since KS can't see his own future, he didn't see himself there.

55 minutes ago, naritul said:

Congratulation to us @jellybellymonster and @itzibitzispider

Our 2nd channel got 2 strikes bc of goblin's translated preview.... this channel might be removed (terminated) soon... LOL,,, if this video removed by that mighty remove media LLC...

you can watch it here (i've uploaded here : https://streamable.com/rv55e ) 

Thank youuuuu @hairuchii @alleram95 @seasonsoftheheart32:kiss_wink:  I also added translations of written text preview in the video description.

This might be the last video upload before our not-so-friendly-neighborhood Remove Your Media LLC takes DA2 down. Thanks for supporting the channel, Immortals! @naritul @itzibitzispider we shall go down in a blaze of glory. DA3? MUAHAHAHA!

Praying really hard that they'll have mercy on us. :sweat_smile:

• Like 18

1 hour ago, winterdew said:

@gamshe Thanks for the gifs once again, chingu! I'll try to look at the gifs and focus on how beautiful(ly tragic) they are before my tears blur my vision :tears:

Episode 10: Sunny asks to break up with Wang Yeo on New Year's Eve.

Episode 11: Sunny finds out about Wang Yeo's true identity. Wang Yeo initiates a break up.

Episode 12: Wang Yeo erases Sunny's bad memories and asks that she forgets him. (Which is basically separation again.)

Episode 13: Is Sunny leaving him again? 

I feel like they have more sad than happy moments together. As Wang Yeo says, "I knew it was impossible, but I dreamt of a happy ending." Please let the impossible happen and give WangSun a happy ending after all they have gone through :bawling: 

Image result for lee dong wook blademan

why is she leaving again

don't leave

Edited by rainmoon
removed quoted image, do not quote images
  • Like 18

On a side note, I found this scene SO endearing and sweetly intimate. The way he moves his hands around her neck and looks up at her while he's putting the necklace on. It's like he can't help but stare at her beauty and pursed lips. Even when he puts it on, he straightens it, like he's handling something with so much gentleness and care and then smiles at her secretly while her eyes are still closed.

I also just realized that this is the second time he's marking ET, the first being her goblin's mark on her neck. This necklace is sooooo symbolic, showing that even when the mark is gone, the necklace and the love that he's put in it will remain. Even when the deity's plan is done and, KS's love will always remain. :wub:

It's these little moments that make their romance so adorable and intimate. It's a sense of domesticity that makes ShinTak an amazing couple.

DkWDNaU.jpg