[Drama 2016-2017] Guardian: The Lonely and Great Goblin 도깨비

Go Seung Ji

Thank you @ucylucy for the photos. Good grace, Gong Yoo is really making my heart weak. How does he do that? those soft gazes, I'd die if I were KGE, having to look into his eyes so frequently. I can't believe my heart just races faster from looking at some pictures. :wub::wub:

And @selenette your analysis is mindblowing, thanks for making time to do that. 

....And now excuse me, I'm gonna go back staring at those otherworldly beautiful photos of Gong Yoo *heart eyes* *weak knees* 

• Like 8

11 minutes ago, Yasaman Asghari said:

Guys I have a question.  SO I was watching ep 1 again and thought the first time when Shin went back to palace as Goblin and saw the dead body lying on bed was his sister, but now I think maybe it was actually Wang Yeo's body.  What do you guys think? 

Yes it's king body (Wang Yeo). So he didnt know the face of adult king because when he comes back for revenge, the king already dead. 

I also don't like the idea ET is reincarnation of QUEEN unborn child. To complicated. But see this scene :vicx:

tumblr_oj4siqfl5S1u7ppjwo1_1280.jpg

Cr Ajavilla

@mellyne Let's pray we get Wangsun couple, kissing scene at EP 11 :wub:. PDnim chebaaalll

• Like 12

I LOVE THIS DRAMA SO MUCH, i have been re-watching every episodes and still get the WOW feeling,, excitement.. their funny scenes really made my day, cant stop loughing... cant get enough to watch them. very sad to know,now only 6 episodes left.. :bawling: i want moreeeeeee...... i hope they will make a very great ending story, keep fighting goblin's teams!! best drama i ever watch becouse this drama not complicated with other girls who wants to steal your boyfriend or a complicated family story or rules, family engagement,etc its truely new drama plots so we can enjoyed every second and every scene and love every caracters. and also their soundtrack really really awesome! great job!

• Like 9

1 hour ago, mellyne said:

I know it's cliché, but what if GR only starts to remember his past after kissing Sunny.

whoa that's a great idea haha

fancam 

Edited by jeijei
Quoted images
  • Like 19

6 hours ago, s00ki said:

This question suddenly popped in my mind.  How did we know Grim Reapers were big sinners in their past lives? Was it when KS told GR in the earlier episodes? Is there a possibility KS was just teasing GR to make him feel bad? 

Nope, because in a later episode one of the reapers - the one that seems to be directly under GR - said the same thing and he wasn't part of KS's convo with GR and DH and he wasn't parroting back something GR told him. That reaper mentioned it conversationally as they were talking about another reaper suddenly remembering his past life.

• Like 13

Grandfather Yoo dying is so affecting .... the Grandfather was so kind to KS and so committed to his responsibility to look after KS ...you can feel KS' utmost respect for Grandfather Yoo ... credit to the actors for conveying the depth of their relationship in the few scenes they were together .... you can just picture how much they cherished the time they are together since they only meet once every 20 years ... 4 to 5 times at most in a lifetime ... he was nephew, brother, father Grandfather and KS will bury him in Canada faithfully visiting him and his ancestors to let them know how he is doing ...

• Like 19

3 hours ago, ucylucy said:

Phew! I am a North Face loyalist but he looks so damn good at modelling the Discovery brand. If only they ship outside South Korea.

Edit:

@yukipinkk 

I think the song Viva La Vida by Coldplay is in a way appropriate just because the song is somewhat about revolution. KS is was a general, a warrior, at the beginning of the drama so i thought connection starts there. 

Edited by jeijei
Quoted images
  • Like 7

Hi! Just stopped by to ask this questions bugging me for awhile:

1. In an episode (7 or 8?) where Reaper was held in the police station for not paying drinks, Shin gave his business card. Later, Deok hwa with tofu, explains to Reaper that Shin is the owner of all the businesses of the Yu family. In ep 9, the doctor asked Eun tak, what's his relation to Chairman Yu (w/c I think he referred to Shin), but  isn't it Deok hwa's grandpa called Chairman Yu? Also, Deok hwa is being prepared to be the heir (funny, how the manager  deflated his ego) so how does the line of inheritance runs? :blink:
  2. Eun tak, in the early phase of the drama is 19y/o. She mentioned once that she's gonna turn 20 after two months, which she became one in ep 10 during new year's. Then, Shin instructed the secretary to fix the situation regarding the bankbook while mentioning that Eun tak has yet to be of legal age in September. What did he meant of legal age? or the insurance company does not consider the addition of 1yr. in age?

Please enlighten me. Kamsa~ 

Btw, it was refreshing to see the hospital scene in ep 9 to be short and funny. I was glad that they excluded the typical emotional encounter where the male/ female character broods by the bedside and replaced it instead with the comical scene. Heol, who would not be shocked to see a bunch of doctors staring at you when you wake up? :w00t:

• Like 7

2 hours ago, chibimidori said:

just watched the latest episode last night and back reading almost 10 pages (??, i lost track the number.. this thread is super fast :sweatingbullets:) in my office now ... 

for ep. 10, of course my ultimate fav scene is the first kiss scene.. i just love how eun tak kiss him again and he kiss back and smile.... :wub: there's so much loves in the air... but i have 1 more scene, that equally beautiful, fascinate and intrigue me.. the scene where kim shin realized (???) that he is the one that bought the necklace for her..... and off him wander with his flip flop in canada to buy the necklace.. i just love this scene sooooo much.. there's some romantic and mystery elements in it too.. i wonder how he finally come to the realization that he is actually the one that buy the necklace. perhaps.. though future is predestined, god do help people who are willing to change it for the better. I still believe that god is the most compassionate... so here, his act of buying the necklace perhaps something that he chose to do.. for her.. for their future.. he wanted to be the "chairman" in her future.. perhaps.........

@chibimidori when he joint the dots and realised he is the one buying the Destin necklace, which means he is the one who provide her 'destiny", which is vice versa, she's the one who changed his course of life, so he does stand somewhere in her future... i just have strong hunch, the one that will be arriving at Quebec resturant to meet her will be none other than himself. remember Euntak in age 29, if really as he commanded Reaper to do, have her memories erased, then she wouldnt have remember who is the one who bought this Destin necklace, how precious is the giver of the necklace that she wore for 10 years. if any girls of her age, probably just wear something sweet for 10 days, the most 10 weeks, will changed to something else. if she is in love with the "Man" that she told Sunny in phone, as coming to meet her, then she wont be meeting her loved one with a necklace some guy gave her for 10 years counting and still wearing. Probably, judged by that anticipating smile on her face when she touches the necklace, that giver of necklace is the ONE coming .... Shin did not see her future thru some waiter eyes... he saw her future as he will be seeing, as a mortal human... mere guessing! Kim EunSook's style right?

• Like 17

8 minutes ago, maryofbethany said:

@chibimidori when he joint the dots and realised he is the one buying the Destin necklace, which means he is the one who provide her 'destiny", which is vice versa, she's the one who changed his course of life, so he does stand somewhere in her future... i just have strong hunch, the one that will be arriving at Quebec resturant to meet her will be none other than himself. remember Euntak in age 29, if really as he commanded Reaper to do, have her memories erased, then she wouldnt have remember who is the one who bought this Destin necklace, how precious is the giver of the necklace that she wore for 10 years. if any girls of her age, probably just wear something sweet for 10 days, the most 10 weeks, will changed to something else. if she is in love with the "Man" that she told Sunny in phone, as coming to meet her, then she wont be meeting her loved one with a necklace some guy gave her for 10 years counting and still wearing. Probably, judged by that anticipating smile on her face when she touches the necklace, that giver of necklace is the ONE coming .... Shin did not see her future thru some waiter eyes... he saw her future as he will be seeing, as a mortal human... mere guessing! Kim EunSook's style right?

i agree with you. me too have strong hunch on that... he is the chairman.. but as how he ended up being the chairman idk.. because the future she seems don't remember the current 'kim shin' at all... yeah it's soo KES style... but we love it right?? :blush:

• Like 6