[Drama 2016-2017] Guardian: The Lonely and Great Goblin 도깨비

Go Seung Ji

7 hours ago, beijingdoll said:

Hi guys! I hope you all are enjoying a nice Christmas... In my case I was doing really great until THAT FINALE. OMO, I can't stop thinking about Goblin and whats going to happen between Eun Tak and Kim Shin now that they know their future is doomed.

I'm absolutely sure that she is not going to draw that sword and he won't let her die so I have no idea how are they going to fix this... Sometimes I think that he may not die but become mortal but to discover that Eun Tak needs to accept drawing the sword... and that's not happening no matter if her life is at risk.

Also, please think about what the deity said about returning to ashes and finding peace... that could mean: becoming a mortal and forgetting all his past and the people that died during those years. Remember that for KS, the people he left behind is the worst punishment. So if ET draws the sword he will become mortal and forget who he really is = AMNESIA. And this brings me to my theory:

I remembered the vision Kim Shin had when he saw Eun Tak for the first time. He said he didn't see her future but he saw this just when they locked eyes under the rain...

[gif]

- Kim Shin at the cementery in Quebec, there is a sillouette of a woman walking towards him.

- KS, looking back as he is surprised by someone

- A guy (I think is KS) grabbing an older Eun Tak (short hair, like in her 29's scene at the restaurant) in front of a Christmas shop... I'm 100% sure is the same one where they went in Quebec the first time she crossed the magic door with him.

- A hand strongly grabbing an arm and KS looking intensely at Eun Tak.

THEORY: Eun Tak and Kim Shin meet again in the future Quebec, they may not remember each other (not sure why) but fate is fate and once they are there they start remembering each everything. If KS is looking at his grave at the cementery is because he has to know something. And I'm not buying that reincarnation theory at all. I WANT KIM SHIN not Gong Yoo acting as another guy. NO WAY. I need my Kim Shin with his 938 years old and his brain cells.

What do you think???? I need your thoughts!!

I feel that while Eun Tak will never draw out the sword willingly, the sword will have to be drawn out somehow. From the very beginning, the sword is the crux of the series - the reward and punishment of Kim Shin, the beginning and the end of his curse, the source of his powers and his divinity. I do not know how our Writer-nim will resolve this conflict, but this is one thing I am looking forward to watching, although I am not necessarily looking forward to deaths of either of our characters. 

Someone has pointed out that the power of fans' voices could sometimes influence the outcome of the series (whether we want there to be a happy ending where our Kim Shin and Eun Tak live happily ever after and make lots of half-Goblin babies), but I also do not want our voices to affect the creativity of our Writer-nim. It would be beneficial for everyone on the show if the show maintains and increases its popularity, so they may take fans' opinions into account, but I also think that it should be up to our Writer-nim. She is creating a masterpiece thus far, and I welcome whatever conclusion she has planned for the series. None of her previous series has ended unhappily thus far (if I'm not mistaken) and I am not sure if she is about to break with tradition. Would she pander to fans' opinions or would she stick to a tragic end which everything seems to lead towards? Would she introduce a twist at the end and make our Kim Shin a mortal who could head out and look for an Eun Tak who has lost her memories?

I quite agree with you. I think the idea that our Kim Shin will return to ashes and find peace is really open to interpretation. It does not say that our Kim Shin will immediately die and return to ashes. He could be transformed into a mortal being and live out his life as a mere mortal. You're right to point out the vision which our Goblin had when he locked eyes with Eun Tak for the first time. That's the first clue of the possible future for Eun Tak, but I also think that Eun Tak's future is always liable to changes and is unpredictable. With Ep 8, even our Goblin is perplexed, for Eun Tak has been introducing changes to the future of everyone around her and the future of others which our Goblin could read, just because she is a missing soul and even the gods could not factor in the variability, which she represents, into fate and destiny.

Samshin Grandma has predicted that Eun Tak will continually face danger and death, but she has avoided danger each time. This has already hinted at her variability, and the unpredictability of her future. Could it possibly be written into fate and destiny that the Goblin will continually be there to save her until Eun Tak finally succumbs to her possible destiny of dying? Destiny dictates that Eun Tak will die if she has lost her 'purpose' - but if there is one thing that could be said about Eun Tak is that the strength of her relationships with the people around her could possibly become her salvation. She is possibly not meant to find out about the significance of drawing the sword, but she has. She is meant to die in the bus accident, but the strength of her relationship with the Goblin saved her, and the Grim Reaper protected her by diverting the attention of the other Grim Reapers. 

So, fans of the show, WE COULD POSSIBLY HAVE A HAPPY ENDING. :)

• Like 9

2 things :

* Goblin bring ET to the field to remove his sword. But he thought that he would die there... So my question is, if he really died there, how would ET go back home, because I don't think she still could use the door to go back...?

* My second thought is : don't you think ET's mother is still a ghost ? We've never seen her in GR's tea house and don't you think that she is the one who stole the money from her death insurance to keep her sister from stealing it ?

She would be the 2nd omitted one that we heard of...

Edit : But GR would have asked ET where her mother were if this was true... So I don't know...

• Like 12

51 minutes ago, samzz said:

let's enjoy the hotness

For a moment there, I thought there's going to be a Kia PPL.  LOL

Chingu, kindly warn us next time. My heart literally skipped a bit after seeing them in your post. All that hotness is surely bad for our health. :sweatingbullets: But if GRs are going to get me, can I have a LDW look-alike?? 

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Chellsee said:

Gong Yoo and Lee Dong Wook’s friendship shines on and off screen

Actors Gong Yoo and Lee Dong Wook may have some incredible chemistry on tvN‘s hit drama, Goblin, but they might even be better together off-screen.

In addition to being co-workers, Gong Yoo and Lee Dong Wook are also best friends who share an incredible connection. Aside from both being successful actors, the two have shared a very close past. In fact, Gong Yoo was Lee Dong Wook’s senior officer during their military service, which created a strong bond and camaraderie between the two.

After being discharged from the military, the two have been going to the same hair salon. They also see each other regularly both during and outside of scheduled activities. With Gong Yoo and Lee Dong Wook being such close friends off-screen, it’s no surprise that they work so well together in Goblin.

http://www.koreaboo.com/buzz/gong-yoo-lee-dong-wooks-friendship-shines-on-off-screen/

@Chellsee thank you for putting this, I knew it long time ago, they are best friend bc of the hair salon and cody connection. Not only hair salon, both using the stylist/cody from the same place Aurabeauty. Beside that  GY's cody Hye Young is very close with Wookie and Wookie's manager too.

• Like 15

1 hour ago, hairuchii said:

I feel that while Eun Tak will never draw out the sword willingly, the sword will have to be drawn out somehow. From the very beginning, the sword is the crux of the series - the reward and punishment of Kim Shin...

Someone has pointed out that the power of fans' voices could sometimes influence the outcome of the series (whether we want there to be a happy ending where our Kim Shin and Eun Tak live happily ever after and make lots of half-Goblin babies), but I also do not want our voices to affect the creativity of our Writer-nim.... Would she introduce a twist at the end and make our Kim Shin a mortal who could head out and look for an Eun Tak who has lost her memories?

...Destiny dictates that Eun Tak will die if she has lost her 'purpose' - but if there is one thing that could be said about Eun Tak is that the strength of her relationships with the people around her could possibly become her salvation. She is possibly not meant to find out about the significance of drawing the sword, but she has. She is meant to die in the bus accident, but the strength of her relationship with the Goblin saved her, and the Grim Reaper protected her by diverting the attention of the other Grim Reapers. 

Hi, @hairuchii ! I always love your posts. 

I'm sorry I cut that post, and then highlighted it like I was studying for IELTS, but it's really fascinating!

Anyway. I agree with the first highlighted sentence, that The Goblin's lodged sword would have to be dislodged somehow. My guess is it's because the cruel gods would somehow make it more and more painful for him to live with the sword, day after day after terrible day. Another option is there would be another impactful moment which would propels the sword's dislodgement. Perhaps in that moment, they can't delay it anymore, so they have to proceed and bear the burden.

I also agree with the second highlighted sentence, because I know no matter how painful an ending is, as long as the plot justifies it, then I will have to bear it. I read these books, The Bartimaeus Sequence by Jonathan Stroud, which ends in its antihero's death. He suffered, and then he crossed the line, was corrupted, redeemed himself, but then was killed. Why? In his interview, the author said the character had to pay for his mistakes. I cursed the author, but I approve of his writing consistency. 

This is just a simple matter of preferences, but I dislike the memory erasure copout. Memories make these characters themselves, and as much as they'd like the past not to exist, it still does. I don't believe in "what you don't know can't hurt you" adage. So personally I'd rather see the characters as people who remember both bad and good things that happened to them, and yet they could still move on to a better future ...Or to a bleak one where most of them die, and the rest of them live their lives alone...anything but memory erasure. 

As for Eun-tak's salvation, I think you're right, she could be saved by these relationships with the Goblin and the Grim Reaper. My question is, what would these relationships cost the Goblin and the Grim Reaper, because undoubtedly they had defied the fickle gods in interacting with her at all? Even Deok-hwa was reprimanded severely by his grandfather for meddling, and yet he is mere mortal like her. 

Edited by selenette
  • Like 12

4 hours ago, naritul said:

LOL... it's GY Effect!!!

i thought of buying it but i already have sooo many EDTs ,

maybe if they put GY's standing banner, i would buy HAHAHAHA... and took pic of it LOL...

:glasses: WHY WHY WHY i cant stop thinking about this dramaaaaaa ARRRGHHHHH!!!!!!:confounded:

-edit-

@staygold @crazyoverkdrama @gutibear

i ended up buying shower gel... if they put the shower gel's PPL (GY uses the shower gel on showering scene)... ahhhh i will take a shower at least 3 times per day while thinking of him... !!! HAHAHAHAHA.... :w00t: 

And with that, chingu, I can see the future.. ratings soaring high! 

"It might not turn you immortal, but.." <insert imagination, in dream like state> LOL

• Like 8

22 hours ago, joyezz said:

looks like they go for double date

this scene will be interesting

they all looks sad

Sunny will find out her bro is a goblin and her bf is a grim reaper :crazy: she will be shock !

Sunny should move in to the house too LOL the more the merrier 

omg It's going to be hilarious :w00t:

now WY have to face the protective brother haha

@joyezz  I forgot to comment on this gem.

Goblin: Do you know this retard Grim Reaper over here? For how long? Why?

Sunny: Omo, so many questions! Sir, this isn't national census. Btw, is "Grim Reaper" his bartending nickname?

Grim Reaper: Who's calling who's retard? 

Eun-tak: I'm so embarrassed for you guys.

OR...

Grim Reaper: Hyungnim, I ask your permission to date your beautiful sister. Again.

Goblin: NEVER in a million years. 

Sunny : All of a sudden I have a brother and an ex husband?? 

Eun-tak: Be strong, eonnie.

Edited by selenette
Adding @joyezz outstanding input
  • Like 15

On 12/26/2016 at 11:28 AM, Chellsee said:

Tears of joy for my pretty girl... She's touched and so loved!:wub:

Hide contents

Credit to owner.

I really love this scene because of how cute and natural it was. I remember the first time I got a birthday surprise during my freshman year in college. I was away from home and spent the day feeling quite down. And then my three guy friends asked me to go out and have dinner with them and they surprised me with flowers and cupcakes. I was legit crying and laughing like ET and my friends' reactions were like these three men. :sweatingbullets:

• Like 12

2 hours ago, selenette said:

@joyezz  I forgot to comment on this gem.

Goblin: Do you know this retard Grim Reaper over here? For how long? Why?

Sunny: Omo, so many questions! Sir, this isn't national census. Btw, is "Grim Reaper" his bartending nickname?

Grim Reaper: Who's calling who's retard? 

Eun-tak: I'm so embarrassed for you guys.

OR...

Grim Reaper: Hyungnim, I ask your permission to date.

Goblin: NEVER in a million years. 

hahaha we know  he will act like a puppy when he want something :) 

Sunny : all of a sudden I have a brother and an ex husband?? 

• Like 10

2 hours ago, cheekychipmunk_stv said:

LDW is too skinny. I wish he put on some weight. When he first started acting years ago, he has looks fantastic with some meat on his face and body. Now he is all so bonny ... too bonny for a guy.

he looks really cute when he put on some weight :) but he looks totally fine now

It chiseled not bonny hehe

It's call chiseled 

PS: just stating my opinion,not trying to start WW3 haha

I won't comment on GY looks :) because that will cause WW3

• Like 10

i just (re)watched episode 7 for the first time.

At the end of 7 the translation says, "with the help of this girl  I will become  ashes."

It immediately made me think of the funeral services "ashes to ashes, dust to dust." Meaning (hu)mans started out as ashes and dust, and at death return to being ashes and dust. By extrapolation you could also say (hu)mans whatever the state they are in, are in fact ashes. So all this talk about Kim Shin turning to ashes might well just mean Kim Shin returning to his human form. 

I googled "ashes to ashes, dust to dust"  to confirm my understanding 

http://www.kencollins.com/answers/question-27.htm

• Like 13

happy 400 pages:wub:

Still waiting new stills or picture

Still hope we can sunflower in winter time

Still tuesday again..stress..Lol:crazy:

17 minutes ago, joyezz said:

he looks really cute when he put on some weight :) but he looks totally fine now

It chiseled not bonny hehe

It's call chiseled 

PS: just stating my opinion,not trying to start WW3 haha

I won't comment on GY looks :) because that will cause WW3

LDW fans are defensive but not offensive :) 

Iam big fan Ldw and new fan to Gy.They are so close and sexy personality. So I accept both strength and weakness

This is reason I support bromance..Oh god please forgive me.

• Like 12