[Drama 2016-2017] Guardian: The Lonely and Great Goblin 도깨비

Go Seung Ji

15 hours ago, theseasasleep said:

If it's the same student, the one who was her friend and watched her immortalize the leaf, is it that she was always dead?

@theseasasleep (Hello! I'd been wanting to say that your username is the definition of beauty itself, btw. There! I've said it). 

To answer your question, yes, imo she's always been dead. Come to think of it, the classmate has never been seen around anyone else but Eun-tak at school.

I'm so sad watching Eun-tak's devastated look in her eyes, that says: "Oh my... this one is a ghost, too. Why are my friends ghosts? Why can't I have one human best friend?"

It was a fleeting moment, but Kim Go-eun showed it so clearly. It wasn't a part of the dialogue, but it was present.

• Like 7

Wow! I'm literally clutching my chest right now. This drama really knows how to get in there and twist the heart....... Is this how the Goblin feels when the sword is paining him? :bawling: 

Good job to Eun Tak for figuring out what would happen if she removed the sword! During Goblin's ending monologue about waiting a hundred years to confess that she was his first love ...I thought "oh..she'll figure it out WAY before then." 

I'm thinking true love will overcome everything! They are both cursed and Eun Tak and Goblin will find a way!!!

• Like 8

I love goblin show himself in front of grim reaper:w00t:Goblin so brave,confident and so power to show he can do anything what he wants.

Dont play with the goblin.I have thought just know goblin is soft heart..what happen he change suddenly as cold heart. it  will disaster to our earth...:phew:

• Like 7

8 hours ago, littleloony said:

Nope chingu......I am crazy right there along with you......Gong Yoo has that effect :wub: He is almost a perfect mix of sexy, warm, fuzzy, magnetic yet humble, goofy yet dashing.....not to mention his expressive eyes and those broad shoulders. Yup, the divinity and KES couldn't have chosen a better Goblin :blush:

I couldn't agree more with you! I have never watched K-drama with Gong Yoo in it, not even that successful Coffee Prince project, but I recently watched Train to Busan and liked him a lot in there. Him as male lead in Goblin is a perfect 10/10 for me!! He fits the role perfectly, and I have to thank KES for the excellent casting! I'll relentlessly watch his work with affection from now onwards! And he is uber talented too!!! A perfect male K-drama star quality for me :heart: 

• Like 9

8 hours ago, mellinadear said:

KS: she's pretty if you look hard enough. So stay here.

ET: I told you not to use words that start with a certain letter.

KS: pfft..you are so mean.

ET: stop it..*then smiles*

Chingu @mellinadear, my apologies for cutting your post when quoting. This part... I'm kinda lost, why did ET say "I told you not to use words that start with a certain letter." Can you enlighten me please? Thank you. :)

HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE! :)

• Like 6

Hi All ~ enjoying how HOT this thread remains...Goblin Effect. <----- visualize smoldering blue flames.

After re-watching episodes 7 & 8 - there are SO many things going on and clues & foreshadowing - it can't be deciphered and it's thrilling.

In episode 8, when Kim Shin receives the 'damned-sword' from the young King ~ I think it's easy to interpret, at first glance, that the King is ordering Shin to a self-inflicted death.

But upon the 2nd viewing, it's much more subtle - IF (and it's a BIG one, the subs are accurate in translating the tone/meaning) the King is decreeing death ...ORrrrrrrr...banishment.

After Shin enumerates all the things...including his sister & ...the people ----->the King butts in to say, "Now you know the concerns of the King".

I think he's saying, "Yes, your sister is here <and for her safety> I'm banishing you".

"Notify me of your death...and I'll notify you of my sorrow".

^ wrap your head around that. How would a dead person notify anyone of their dead-status...AND...why would the recipient reply back to the dead?

In my opinion, he's saying, "GO far away, but let me know how you are and I'll write back in sorrow, missing you".

screencaps below.

Spoiler

6G6WHXO.png8QvAxML.png

4OzTsf3.pngFJTEIga.png

4EpGu4y.pngjfUZt7l.png

m9XCJCK.pngX25fpqY.png

nWrdJu9.png

• Like 14

13 minutes ago, phoenixember said:

Chingu @mellinadear, my apologies for cutting your post when quoting. This part... I'm kinda lost, why did ET say "I told you not to use words that start with a certain letter." Can you enlighten me please? Thank you. :)

HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE! :)

If I am not wrong, she doesn't like the word 'chut' which means first but 'chiut' is hangul for ㅊ. E.g.

첫사랑

chot sarang - first love

첫 키스

chot kiseu - first kiss

첫번째 눈

chot bonjjae noon - first snow

• Like 20

2 hours ago, selenette said:

@joyezz  Yeah! To be precise, The Reaper tried to call The Goblin "Orabeoni". I think he tried to fit the form of address with his ' new image' as a Goryeo girl.

Oppa would be too modern for 'her', so he had to revert to Orabeoni. XD

lol I thought he was going to say Oppa  

thanks for the info haha

I imagine him calling KS oppa with girly voice hehehe KS will be maaaddd hahaha

• Like 12

1 hour ago, Chi Le said:

what happen if a human touch GR body? does it mean sunny and gr cant touch or kiss?

Sorry to cut your post ^^

If a human touch GR body, GR can see his/her past life. That's why GR always avoid touching a human. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, joyezz said:

in last night episode,he reminded me of Cha Jae Wan :frown: pitiful 

It is worse than CJW ,can you imagine he is postive he has commited a huge sin to be a grim reaper ,he know he is guilty but What ?? why ?? no idea, He has no past to redeem and he is already dead so he has no future :anguished:

• Like 6

4 hours ago, ChunSungIm said:

for goblin or another project ?

for goblin theres some articles about kim go eun acting as euntak,she nailed as 19 years old high schooler,her voices and acting just superb,yoo in na straight personality as sunny also got praised

as for other work we know kim go eun is movie actress ,working with great actress in industry (jeon do yeon,kim hye soo) she is winning many awards with her acting,try coin locker girl with park bo gum,she is total tomboy girl,smokes and speak rough

Reveal hidden contents

3b51d6e561aab73ced5e4bd92f671b10ab19e579

11958_COIN-LOCKER6.jpg

heres last year tvn drama cheese in the trap holiday greetings,she also so cute potrays hong seol 

thanks.. yeah.. but i want more for goblin.. i think they deserve more.. =)

but today my prayer was granted. as an avid fan of KGE, i'm so happy when i heard she's placed no.2 for brand reputation index, after gong yoo in first place..

• Like 13

Only we have real guardian...he is normal...he help goblin,grim reaper or kwb, and Et ....He may be always not serious but when he is working he to much..He only cry dont want credit card after know situation goblin....He ready become driver..He keep secret uncle is goblin many years

He is deok hwa:wub:..the only normal people who curious to know what happen..

• Like 14

2 minutes ago, MaysoonD said:

It is worse than CJW ,can you imagine he is postive he has commited a huge sin to be a grim reaper ,he know he is guilty but What ?? why ?? no idea, He has no past to redeem and he is already dead so he has no future :anguished:

Grim Reaper job is not too shabby haha never aged with cool super power 

I hope in the end he still a GR

If we are lucky we will have Grim Reaper spin off with all the GR clan 

Image result for hehe gif

• Like 9

11 hours ago, miles99 said:

Guys I feel like the thief goblin saved is going to come back to haunt us. I feel like he'll be back as a threat to Eun Tak because she wasn't supposed to live and now she has to face death constantly. He'll probably try to kill her that has to be a consequence.

Since the goblin saved the thief, he would be still a danger to others or probably like what the diety said that it would be even more dangerous and bigger.

• Like 6