[Drama 2017] Bride of the Water God, 하백의 신부

Chellsee

17 hours ago, triplem said:

Oh I love your byuntae mind! Please continue....:lol:

He looks nice with his new hairstyle. Oh well I don't notice his hair much...since it's abs that capture my attention most of the time. 

@nevill I'm confused - is this going to be a modern setting or different era - or like Goblin?

I think any hairstyle suits NJH ...even if he goes bald he'll still look handsome...haha  14 72 Funny lantern baby emoji gifs download oh my can't wait to see fanpics of them filming... they should do a lot of fan service here in the drama ... there should be a scene where Habaek (NJH) is taking a bath every episode plus showering is good to his body since he's the water God right? 25 72 Funny lantern baby emoji gifs download  ...  a much awaited bed scene is a MUST.. 32 72 Funny lantern baby emoji gifs download I'm so thankful that they didn't cast a teenager because I wanna see a love scene...both are in legal age so I think that wouldn't be a problem and thankful too that TVN got this drama because we know for a fact that TVN do quality scenes and they aren't as conservative like SBS, KBS & MBC... Oh my what am I saying?... the drama hasn't started filming yet but I can't help thinking about a bed scene and kissing scenes... I should stop now  41iur 60 + Super cute dog girl chat emoji gifs images are downloaded dog emoticons dog emoji

this will be in a modern era 2017...

17 hours ago, nevill said:

i post it only jokingly

even bf after reading your post about the CEO, i thought to myself how hilarious it will be if the Ha Baek who is used to being all mighty in the spirit realm finds himself powerless in the human world 

how funny his arrogant attitude would be with the reality of the ppl around him seeing only a bum 

i know it probably wont be shown in this way but i thought it would have been so cute if he would be all attitude while So-Ah will be all youre just a bum

i like when you have funny contradiction in dramas

thats just me

yeah! I wanted to see that too... I keep on hoping that the change in the story will be for the better of the drama itself... I just pray this will do good in everything when the drama airs because I don't want to see comments comparing this to another drama and say that the other one is far more better than this one ...even now I can already see comments like that and I don't want that to happen as much as possible... 

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, i.am.bugz.funny said:

@triplem I just hope there aren't minors here or else we'll be in jail for feeding their innocent mind with byuntae thoughts...haha ...anyway sorry If I talk too bluntly... just being straight to the point...

No, just headshaking guys  :joy: It's always a pleasure to see the abyss of woman's minds. :D 

tumblr_ojbnthOkQx1vyoyyvo10_400.gif

So gald to see we have a main cast for this future drama and that NJH will be the lead !

Not a big fan of SSK but well, hope I will become with this.

I read a bit of the manhwa but since everything seems to have changed in this adaptation, I just set my mind that I'll be watching a new drama, so I won't expected much and get less chances to be disappointed !

Now I just can't wait to hear more about the story they will deliver us !

On 2/28/2017 at 8:48 PM, i.am.bugz.funny said:

I like this hairstyle better tho' ...he's rockin' it...and the clothes really suits modern Habaek... I'm kinda tired seeing him with messy hair ...he's always like that in most of his drama... I want to see a different side of him... isn't it good to see a new one instead of seeing the same thing... Messy hairstyle is only suited for a comedic character like Joon Hyung in WFKBJ... but his character here should be fierce and serious... It's really good to see him exploring more opportunities in his career ...climbing for more mature role... who knows this might be his biggest break ..but that's only if he'll do good... and for the rest of the cast also..

I expected him to look like this ...this is what manhwa Habaek would look like in modern times...

Well now that you've explained it, I agree he does need to have a different look since it's a totally different character from Joon Hyung. And like many of you here, I am expecting a lot of water-related scenes. Watching all those swimming pool scenes in WFKBJ made me believe that NJH excels in any water-related scenes. I also cannot wait to see his chemistry with Shin Se Kyung. 

Lim Ju-hwan considers role in ‘Bride of the Water God’

By Jie Ye-eun (kpop herald)

Model-turned-actor Lim Ju-hwan on Friday denied media reports that he had accepted an offer to play a role in tvN’s upcoming drama “Bride of the Water God.” 

“It’s true that Lim received an offer to play a role, but nothing has been confirmed yet,” said Blossom Entertainment, which represents Lim. 

Meanwhile, Nam Joo-hyuk, Shin Se-kyung, Gong Myung and Krystal confirmed that they would star in the drama on Feb. 23.

“Bride of the Water God,” a spinoff of a romantic-comedy cartoon series, will air in the second half of this year.

to read more:

http://kpopherald.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=201703031446535350767_2

3 hours ago, Chi Le said:

Ju Hwan is 81, at least 10 years older than the leads... he must play something like uncle, teacher or something

but he looks kind of young

also he played the second lead to Suzy and she is also very young

On 3/2/2017 at 11:34 PM, nevill said:

Lim Ju-hwan considers role in ‘Bride of the Water God’

By Jie Ye-eun (kpop herald)

Model-turned-actor Lim Ju-hwan on Friday denied media reports that he had accepted an offer to play a role in tvN’s upcoming drama “Bride of the Water God.” 

“It’s true that Lim received an offer to play a role, but nothing has been confirmed yet,” said Blossom Entertainment, which represents Lim. 

Meanwhile, Nam Joo-hyuk, Shin Se-kyung, Gong Myung and Krystal confirmed that they would star in the drama on Feb. 23.

“Bride of the Water God,” a spinoff of a romantic-comedy cartoon series, will air in the second half of this year.

to read more:

http://kpopherald.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=201703031446535350767_2

OMG ... NO! ... If Im Ju Hwan will be the second lead... then I don't know now who will I choose ?... oh God why... I thought I won't feel anything for a second lead...and I don't wanna be hit by SLS again... I do like Hoo - Ye in the manhwa version but of course I love Habaek... tho' in this drama I really can't tell now if ever IJH will a part of this...

BTW! glad they'll start to shoot scenes... hoping to see some glimpse of it... and I'm expecting SSK to have a long black hair in this drama...just like Soah in the manhwa...

11 minutes ago, i.am.bugz.funny said:

OMG ... NO! ... If Im Ju Hwan will be the second lead... then I don't know now who will I choose ?... oh God why... I thought I won't feel anything for a second lead...and I don't wanna be hit by SLS again... I do like Hoo - Ye in the manhwa version but of course I love Habaek... tho' in this drama I really can't tell now if ever IJH will a part of this...

BTW! glad they'll start to shoot scenes... hoping to see some glimpse of it... and I'm expecting SSK to have a long black hair in this drama...just like Soah in the manhwa...

hehehe - feeling you, i wonder when the first reading will happen, are they shooting without rehearsing first? 

POLL: Which upcoming K-dramas of 2017 are you looking forward to the most?

by CoCo Kdrama (dramafever) 

There are so many amazing looking K-dramas coming up for the spring, summer and fall of 2017 that it's hard to keep track! So the big question is, out of these 20 upcoming K-dramas, which ones are you looking forward to the most?

10. Bride of the Water God

76e715e9-7abd-4e36-83c6-5ba070d96a2f.jpeg

Starring  Shin Se Kyung (Sensory Couple), Nam Joo Hyuk (Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo), Yang Se Jong (Doctor Romantic) and f(x)'s Krystal (My Lovable Girl)

Villagers suffer through a prolonged drought. The god of water, Ha Baek, will allow the rain if a a young woman is sacrificed to him as his bride. For the sake of the villagers, So-A decides to become Ha Baek's bride. She finally meets Ha Baek, but he is totally different from what she expected. ( Source)

Premiere: 2017 on tvN

to read more:

https://www.dramafever.com/news/poll-which-upcoming-k-dramas-of-2017-are-you-looking-forward-to-the-most/

16 hours ago, nevill said:

hehehe - feeling you, i wonder when the first reading will happen, are they shooting without rehearsing first? 

accdg. to your previous post they will start to film scnes 3rd week of March so I think they will have script reading on 2nd week ... or maybe they're done with script reading... but the cast weren't complete yet... sigh! I didn't even know who will play Nakbin (Habaek's first love) ... anyway I'll wait for more updates...

2 hours ago, i.am.bugz.funny said:

accdg. to your previous post they will start to film scnes 3rd week of March so I think they will have script reading on 2nd week ... or maybe they're done with script reading... but the cast weren't complete yet... sigh! I didn't even know who will play Nakbin (Habaek's first love) ... anyway I'll wait for more updates...

thats what i thought but i dont see it scheduled anywhere, when usually you can find it on the monthly calendar 

Just now, nevill said:

didn't even know who will play Nakbin (Habaek's first love) ... anyway I'll wait for more updates...

since the manha already ended but it was 8? years long i can only assume theyll get rid of a lot of stuff from it. since TvN usually run only 16 eps 

Recap from Dbeans

DRAMA CASTING & NEWS

Im Joo-hwan to play main rival in Bride of the Water God

l2UHRdC.jpg

Im Joo-hwan (Uncontrollably Fond) is now in contention to join tvN’s fantasy-romance drama Bride of the Water God 2017, which would have him joining Nam Joo-hyuk (Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok-joo), Shin Se-kyung (Six Flying Dragons), Gong Myung (Drinking Solo), and Krystal (She’s So Lovable) in the main cast.

The drama takes aspects of the manhwa story, which was a fusion historical featuring a water god who is offered a bride sacrifice in times of drought, but modernizes the setting and adapts them to modern-day Korea. Nam Joo-hyuk will play the water god Ha-baek, with Shin Se-kyung as his bride; Krystal’s character is a goddess who has lived among people for centuries, and has a one-sided crush on Ha-baek. Gong Myung is described as helping Ha-baek while also harboring a one-sided love on Krystal. Let’s just say there’s a merry-go-round of sad crushes afoot in this drama.

Im Joo-hwan, meanwhile, is set to play Ha-baek’s primary rival, who in the original storyline was another water god who gets Ha-baek jealous when he gets close to his bride. In this version, he’ll be the CEO of a resort (which Romantic Doctor Teacher Kim’s Yang Se-jong was previously in the running for) who gets off on the wrong foot with the heroine: He runs into her when she goes to the bank seeking a loan and inadvertently causes her embarrassment. He then attempts to take on a project to develop a particular spot of land, but it stalls when Shin Se-kyung refuses to sell.

I guess Im Joo-hwan has been relegated to second leads and rivals now, which is a darned shame because he’s a talented, nuanced actor and seemed poised for a strong career following Tamra the Island. But his follow-ups didn’t really take off and and his post-army roles have been mostly supporting (Shine or Go Crazy, Oh My Ghostess, Uncontrollably Fond). Well, at least I know he’ll deliver, even with limited screentime.

Bride of the Water God 2017 has now finished casting its main lineup and plans to hold its script reading and first shoots later this month.

source

Archived