[Drama 2017] Bride of the Water God, 하백의 신부

Chellsee

12 minutes ago, jgismyking said:

I am beyond excited for this drama! At first I thought it would just be similar to Goblin but I have high hopes for this because of the director and writer. I think Nam Joo Hyuk and Shin Se Kyung will make such a beautiful couple.

And even though SSK is the oldest among the leads, she looks young for her age and I prefer her over Moon Chae Won because if it was MCW, I don't think she can pair up well with NJH visually. 

im totally agreed with you, she looks young for her age, doesnt look like 27 (kor age) at all :blush:

somehow i do hope he (NJH) proves all of the doubters wrong & able to strike off his character well for this drama. im sure he will..

Joohyuk ahhh, fighting!

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

now that the cast are already confirmed I just pray that this will turn out to be a good drama... I trust Misaeng writernim to rewrite the script beautifully without changing most important parts of the story... I don't really have an idea how they gonna do this in a modern version...can't help to be unhappy with that change but I'm hoping for the best in this live action...up to now I've been reading so many negative comments from the casting and the changes in the era settings so I hope TVN would prove them wrong or us wrong... It will hurt manhwa fans like me if this turns out to be a mess ... and I hope some Goblin fans will stop comparing this to that drama because of God and brides theme 'cause the manhwa was already published since 2006 it's just that they did a live action now 2017...

im happy for the cast especially SSK

its will be her first time pairing with a younger guy, and she already said in a couple of interviews that she wants to acts with younger cast 

(she is always the youngest among the leads)

i guess she wants to be a noona

in regards to the role - she is supposedly a psychiatrist so she must be older since to become one takes about 7 years 

the rest are gods so they are forever young 

Am I the only one who is afraid about the cast and don't like the fact they wanna do it in modern Seoul? I read manhwa and I have to say I don't see Shin Se Kyung as So Ah and Krystal as Mura... Krystal is such a bad actress and has problem with showing emotion on the screen and Mura is kind of strong woman with quiet dark soul, jealous and so on... I have a lot of doubts for Nam Joo Hyuk as well (I like him a lot, but I'm not sure if he suits as Ha Baek :c). About Gong Myung I have no feelings, because I haven't seen him in drama, so I'm not going to judge.

I'm waiting so much for this drama, but I can't help with being unhappy about the fact it will be in modern era... I feel like because of this drama will lost that fantasy feeling from manhwa... hope i am wrong... :(

Nam Joo Hyuk, Shin Se Kyung, And More Confirmed For Upcoming tvN Fantasy Romance Drama

Nam Joo Hyuk Shin Se Kyung Gong Myung Krystal

tvN’s upcoming drama “Bride of the Water God 2017” (tentative title) has secured its official cast!

On February 23, a source from tvN stated, “Nam Joo Hyuk, Shin Se Kyung, Gong Myung, and Krystalhave been confirmed. The table reading will be happening later on.”

tvN’s upcoming drama is set to be a modern-day adaptation of the Korean fantasy manhwa “Bride of the Water God.” Nam Joo Hyuk will be playing the role of Habaek the water god, Shin Se Kyung will be playing Soah, Gong Myung will be starring as Biryeom the wind god, and Krystal will be playing Hera (known as Mura in the manhwa).

Meanwhile, tvN’s “Bride of the Water God 2017” will be headed by PD Kim Byung Soo, who directed tvN’s “Nine,” and writer Jung Yoon Jung of “Incomplete Life.”

Are you excited for the upcoming drama?

source

I read the manwha a couple of years ago, and was excited when I first heard that NJH  is being considered for the lead role. I became a fan because of WLFKBJ, and I thought his acting has got A LOT of potential. So ecstatic to hear it's been confirmed.

excited about SSK because I think she brings out Soa's ethereal beauty, come to life. 

I will check up on this thread to get the latest news...

I just want to clarify things so that our fellow netizens wouldn't be confuse when they join us here in this thread... BOTWG is a historical manhwa but this will be made in a modern era ...they didn't follow the original so I'm expecting a lot will be change... Although none of the confirmed cast were close to what I imagined portraying the characters I'm ready to see Joo Hyuk and Se Kyung's chemistry... Joo Hyuk may not be like Jong Suk in terms of acting but I think he improved a lot tho' he has a long way to go  ... I wasn't expecting him as Habaek/Mui by night at first because I imagine him as Habaek by day... while with Se Kyung & Krystal.. I do admit I have problems with their acting  but I'll give them a chance... I won't judge til' I see them portraying the characters... And I do have high expectation for this drama frankly because I'm fan of the manhwa and I've been waiting for so many years now for this to be made into a live action... lucky those who haven't read the manhwa because you won't have expectations so everything will be new to you... as for us fans I think we should just pray and pray more for this to be a good drama until the airing date... 

On 2/23/2017 at 1:12 AM, nevill said:

(she is always the youngest among the leads)

in regards to the role - she is supposedly a psychiatrist so she must be older since to become one takes about 7 years 

really? she will be a psychiatrist here that's odd because in the original version she's jobless...LOL...goodluck to this big change...

News bites: February 25, 2017

by awcoconuts 

Fpp7P5s.jpg
Nam Joo-hyuk, Shin Se-kyung, Krystal, Gong Myung

• A slew of confirmations are in for Bride of the Water God, with Nam Joo-hyuk established as the water god Ha-baek, Shin Se-kyung as his bride, and Krystal and Gong Myung as goddess and wind god, respectively. The fantasy rom-com begins shooting next month for a fall broadcast on tvN. [Xports News]

source

2 hours ago, i.am.bugz.funny said:

I just want to clarify things so that our fellow netizens wouldn't be confuse when they join us here in this thread... BOTWG is a historical manhwa but this will be made in a modern era ...they didn't follow the original so I'm expecting a lot will be change... Although none of the confirmed cast were close to what I imagined portraying the characters I'm ready to see Joo Hyuk and Se Kyung's chemistry... Joo Hyuk may not be like Jong Suk in terms of acting but I think he improved a lot tho' he has a long way to go  ... I wasn't expecting him as Habaek/Mui by night at first because I imagine him as Habaek by day... while with Se Kyung & Krystal.. I do admit I have problems with their acting  but I'll give them a chance... I won't judge til' I see them portraying the characters... And I do have high expectation for this drama frankly because I'm fan of the manhwa and I've been waiting for so many years now for this to be made into a live action... lucky those who haven't read the manhwa because you won't have expectations so everything will be new to you... as for us fans I think we should just pray and pray more for this to be a good drama until the airing date... 

really? she will be a psychiatrist here that's odd because in the original version she's jobless...LOL...goodluck to this big change...

well im the opposite 

i am only able to watch SSK dramas and film till the end

aside from wild romance, couple of fantasy and i do i do and some TvN i cant say that i have finished any

usually im not such a kdrama fan since usually i find the female character unrelated to me and usually the opposite of any women that i know and in SSK i found affinity that i havnt bf and since, so mi just on stand by till her dramas come agian and in the meantime watch shows from other countries (but not telenovelas) 

i dont really know the manga or the other actors but im happy she is nt jobless, i hate that most all korean female character are always or almost always on a jobless starting point they always give a feeling that they are not on par with the male lead which i cant tolerate

anyway im very happy she is a professional as it could be the leverage of her character against the male character who is a god

On 2/21/2017 at 7:42 AM, anrytoma said:

This drama has caught my attention..Hope there will be good news regarding the main leads. I am okay with both Nam Joo Hyuk and Shin Se Kyung. Hopefully, they can deliver if they agree to join this drama

@anrytoma Caught yours and mines attention hope it don't disappoint..

Just a passing SSK fan dropping a few more particulars about the upcoming Bride of the Water God drama (as gleaned from Korean articles and blog entries)

1. It's going to be a spin-off of the original manga so other than the fact that NJH will be Habaek, the water god, everything's changed. For one thing, it's set in the present.

2. Here's a description of the main characters I've found in a Korean blog, translating them for those who're interested:

1) Habaek (NJH): Water god, in the original manga, he's been cursed to become a boy during the day and to regain his original form at night, no info yet on whether this has been changed for the drama.

2) Soah (SSK): A psychiatrist in private practice. Took her 10 years to become one, and she's working hard because she has a lot of debts (it's sad that SSK always plays a poor girl). I hope the people who complain that SSK is too old for the part of Soah learn of this, since Soah in the drama would be around 30 years of age.

3) Huye (not determined yet): A resort CEO who's going to be in a love triangle with Habaek and Soah.

4) Hyera (Krystal): A goddess who lives among humans in disguise, usually as an actress. Loves Habaek and so hates Soah.

5) Biryeom (Gong myung): Wind god, helps Habaek and Soah.

This, of course, is from a private blog and subject to change....

As far as I can tell, they are going to finalize the casting and begin shooting in March.

Is it going to be preproduced drama ?? Anyway can't wait the leads are nice NJH, SSK and Krystal .I had read the original manhwa can't wait to watch how the spin and  off will be and how haebak' s character is gonna be in modern era how will they show the meeting if not as sacrifice like in manhwa-_-

14 minutes ago, athena22 said:

Is it going to be preproduced drama ??

i have read that it is going to be preproduced. but then ive that it hasnt been determined yet. really hope for a preproduced but it makes longer the wait 

Archived