[Drama 2017] Bride of the Water God, 하백의 신부

Chellsee

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

...wouldn't Shin Se Kyung play Nakbin (if they're still including this plotline)? They're supposed to look alike from what I remember. 

Honestly, I'm really unsure of the plotline of this adaptation. Right now, the details we've gotten make the whole thing seem very...generic? The story is in very capable hands though...so I'm trying to have more faith, haha, but it's quite hard, especially knowing how pretty much all of Korea's pre-produced dramas have turned out. After hearing Nam Joohyuk was considered to be the lead, I did a pretty quick re-read of almost 100 chapters of the manhwa, lol, and here are some of my thoughts:

1.) I really like the pairing of an older woman x younger guy - I think it emphasizes the whole conflict in the first place of an ageless god falling in love with a mortal. If anything, this is the major conflict that the adaptation absolutely cannot go without. While the whole drama can't be about this, lol, they should give this conflict the treatment it deserves.

2.) If they're backing off on the fantasy elements of the original (which I can understand considering possible budget restraints), and since they talk about this drama more of as a spin-off rather than an actual adaptation, I hope they put in good conflicts to help carry the story along. There are some crazy conflicts in the manhwa that I thought were really unnecessary, so I hope they chose the right things to include in their story. 

Anyway, I hope things turn out well for the sake of everyone, and may everyone do their best! ...also, I'm already sick of waiting for this drama, lol, I wish we could find out if it's good or not right now, haha. XD 

3 hours ago, outofspace said:

...wouldn't Shin Se Kyung play Nakbin (if they're still including this plotline)? They're supposed to look alike from what I remember. 

Honestly, I'm really unsure of the plotline of this adaptation. Right now, the details we've gotten make the whole thing seem very...generic? The story is in very capable hands though...so I'm trying to have more faith, haha, but it's quite hard, especially knowing how pretty much all of Korea's pre-produced dramas have turned out. After hearing Nam Joohyuk was considered to be the lead, I did a pretty quick re-read of almost 100 chapters of the manhwa, lol, and here are some of my thoughts:

1.) I really like the pairing of an older woman x younger guy - I think it emphasizes the whole conflict in the first place of an ageless god falling in love with a mortal. If anything, this is the major conflict that the adaptation absolutely cannot go without. While the whole drama can't be about this, lol, they should give this conflict the treatment it deserves.

2.) If they're backing off on the fantasy elements of the original (which I can understand considering possible budget restraints), and since they talk about this drama more of as a spin-off rather than an actual adaptation, I hope they put in good conflicts to help carry the story along. There are some crazy conflicts in the manhwa that I thought were really unnecessary, so I hope they chose the right things to include in their story. 

Anyway, I hope things turn out well for the sake of everyone, and may everyone do their best! ...also, I'm already sick of waiting for this drama, lol, I wish we could find out if it's good or not right now, haha. XD 

Oh....gawd.......a combination of words that make me feel uncomfortable right away. I'm absolutely not a fan of things like this. NJH really has to perform to keep me around.  

On 3.1.2017 at 6:40 AM, Chi Le said:

He’s been cursed by his first love to transform into a child by day and a man by night, and so even his bride doesn’t realize that both are the same man.

Just read this part because @triplemquoted it. This doesn't make things better. I can feel how I will watch the first episode with one eyebrow raising.

i dont think theyll get rid of all the fantasy bc he is a God and theyll have to prove that in some way, if there is no element of fantasy he is just a regular guy, not much different than the rest of us.

also i think theyll not emphasis on the kid as in the manha, maybe just make NJH into 2 different characters during the night and day  while the night NJH will wear a mask or some cover sort of healer, dont you think? 

3 hours ago, chrrykssd said:

Makes me sad how the drama already has quite a few naysayers cause of this and that. But it's tvN. They made Reply, Misaeng, Cheese and Goblin. They've always been consistent in their work, haven't they? They do quality dramas so I'm sure it'd be good. Won't be perfect ofc and might not be like the manhwa since it's an adaptation. Even in Hollywood. They can never compare to the book cause nothing can ever compare to one's imagination. 

Let's just wish for the best

It's really hard to say it will be the good choice of tvN or not. tvN also fail with so much dramas, especially are pre-produced: Entourage, Tomorrow With You, even the pre-produced drama they buy - CA4K also flop too (ratings, populartiy)

7 hours ago, chrrykssd said:

Makes me sad how the drama already has quite a few naysayers cause of this and that

ive only read the international comments, do you know if Knets are also against it?

I guess all networks (SBS, KBS, / MBC , JTBC, OCN ) have experienced producing a flop drama not only TVN whether it's pre produced / not... but you can't just say the drama is a flop just because they have low ratings... yes ratings may be a measurement of how successful a drama is but it does not speak as a whole...as you can see it's a Korean ratings only and they have a different taste with International fans... I'm watching Tomorrow With you and I don't think it's a flop... It has a good storyline ...maybe some people think too highly of the previous drama that they keep compairing it with TWY... this is also one of the reason why I really pray that BOTWG will be a good one 'cause right now I foresee that if ever this will mess up then some Goblin fans will say that Goblin is still way better... even right now they already started with the comparison just because of the God - bride thing saying that the other drama trended that first ... LOL... maybe that person doesn't even know BOTWG exist way more earlier than Goblin... anyway I admit I do have issues with this drama because they didn't follow the original version but I won't judge unless I have watched it from start to end just like I don't want people judging me without even knowing my capabilities... let's give this drama a chance... 

@triplem me too, i watch both entourage and twy.. and both was good drama.. 

lately i love preproduce drama more than on going shooting -.- because quality and story line cant be distrub and change just because "knetz comment, what investor really want to change plot to be what they want" it will be pure magic by creator of the drama.. :D so far i love the cast of botwg, the plot is quiet good, i hope we can see more CGI scene like holywood, since this one also fantasy drama..

@i.am.bugz.funny you speak my mind :D  

Every drama has their own charm, just because it doesnt success in rating doesnt means it was bad one.. I hope 4 leads of botwg doing their best.. 

anyway i love both of your comment..

i saw krystal role as an actress? I bet she will kill that role really well, because i love cute lee bona in the heirs drama..krystal is the best when she act as bright, cute, fun, and also annoying character.. :D

i wish i can see cool side nam joo hyuk again, (like in school 2015 drama). :D 

I guess tvn is the best channel for watching drama with good quality drama and great ost, and making alot rockie actor and actress shinning with their talent..

17 hours ago, nevill said:

not sure but...

it seems filming will start on the 22 of March according to NJH sources and will end in July

EXCITING :D!!! 

but seems like its a long filming months, and it'll likely be set for fall...unless post production extends plot scenes. 

Archived