[Drama 2017] Bride of the Water God, 하백의 신부

Chellsee

1 hour ago, anabunana said:
  Hide contents

Sorry to ask, but did SSK really improve in acting? 

Why do people seem to hate her so much? I am a NJH fan thats why i'm curious about this drama.. but I did try watching ssk's drama and I did kinda see why people had doubts about it, honestly even with my bias (NJH) I have doubts since he's too young..

Spoiler

to me she was always a great and better actress than any of the other except maybe 1 or other 2

i actually feel that most actresses in kdrama are acting in a very telenovela way (sorry to say - theatrical and over dramatic and just act the same all the time)

i was not used to it since where i come from when you transition from theater to television you are told to minimize and tone down you expression and only after seeing SSK first in 'Fashion King' and than in 'When a Man Loves' did i think that at last there are some actresses who understand acting

i do have some experience in the industry and where i come from kdramas are considered telenovela in content and acting performance

which is very different than the way they act in what would be considered non telenovela tv

in conclusion SSK does improve all the time and from show to show, but from the start to me she seemed the only actress in kdrama who actually understand character psychology (which is almost non existent usually) and subtle and in tune acting

i usually only watch kdrama if SSK is in them

again this is my opinion based on what good acting is regarded as where i come from  

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
BRIDE OF THE WATER GOD HAS STARTED FILMING

83493363.2_99_20170324181002.jpg

Naver - Sports Donga:  The first filming of 'Bride of the Water God', will it be a fantasy like Goblin?

1. [+44, -9] It looks like it will do well, but give us a photo or something at least..

2. [+39, -9] Please make Bride of the water God a good drama! Fighting for everyone!!!

3. [+41, -10] Looking forward to it because it's a combination of young actors but Writer please leave it open in the end.

4. [+30, -9] Looking forward to Bride of the water God ^^

5. [+18, -6] I want to see it quickly ㅠ I want to watch Joo Hyun-nim's drama quickly~^^

6. [+14, -5] So they started filming. Please make a fun drama~

7. [+10, -4] I hope the drama does well! Fighting!!

8. [+20, -8] It will be fun, I'll make sure to watch the broadcast!

9. [+16, -7] I'm really looking forward to it! The best handsome man Nam Joo Hyuk will be Ha Baek, just thinking about it makes my heart flutter!

10. [+15, -7] Ha Baek come fast...I'm so looking forward to it

cr

3 hours ago, moella said:

this was taken on different dates, ssk shooting was taken last March 21 :))) it was already posted here while nam joo hyuk photo was for today though some sources said that it was for a mobile phone store?

7 hours ago, LadyIgraine said:

that picture of SSK getting a ponytail, looks like they chopped off quite a bit of her hair. it seems shorter than what I remember her hair being.

yes - i think she shortened her hair

Archived