[Drama 2017] Bride of the Water God, 하백의 신부

Chellsee

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, SeGafanlady said:

Blessing in Disguise

in the hopeless of unknowing why he lost his God Almighty power... Habaek has learn to understand of what, how, why and reasons he needs to experience a mortal human's life in their world.. in order to become a wise and sage King of the Water Kingdom.. Habaek must feel this most precious emotion and feeling in human's life.. LOVE.

in his human life (he has a wound on his right hand) his cold and frozen immortal heart has melted by a beautiful human and her beautiful love.. devoted to him only.. Soo Ah. All of a sudden, for this 'mere' human servant that her ancestor was punished as a criminal.. he even willing to surrender his everything.. to be able to stay together with her.. that is including his throne.. and many more else...

he mentioned 'I have to go... ' three times. All for himself.

PS. I'm freakin' can't move on from their double kisses 

I have to quote all your post sist. Ah, you're just speak out my mind. The kiss was actually very sad after I watched it with sub. Now I understand why the way they kissed very ... What the word? I lost my English. Like being hesitant. Because both know, it's almost impossible to be together but they just can't resist their feeling. The needs to be together and closer... But the farewell obviously near.

Please share me a virtual hug. @SeGafanlady

11 hours ago, little-star said:

The preview is killing me with Habeak's voice saying:

"I want to hug you (SA:Don't do it) I want to kiss you, Just stay still like this"

"I want to end it, but can we start instead ?"

Argh.... My heart. My heart...... Please help me. I never thought a romcom can be this romantic.

5 hours ago, JackieOnTheRocks said:

~you're my first, and I want you to be the last~ Habaek 

does he mean the thingy "ahem" or the feelings "love" so it means he didn't love Nakbin back then? it's pure sympathy toward human foolishness 

What books you've read HaBaek? What movies have you watched?

You're killing me many times........ 

Knowns and Unknowns List as to Episode 10

Please add knowns and unknowns and  comments 

JD

• found
  • had MR's stone
  • suffered memory loss and wandered around as a vagrant and finally made his way to a Temple
  • HooYe caused JD's memory loss when he became afraid, when he was tossed into the outer world
  • JD has memory and has his powers
  • We don't know how he met the little blind girl, but appears it was after he lived at the Temple

MR

• MR wants HB to go back to god home
  • MR still loves HB
  • MR is jealous of SH
  • BR want MR to help him and he will eliminate threat of SH
  • MR is suspicious of BR and his reasons for hating HooYe but may go along with him?

HooYe

• he knows hunger deity who has been helping him control his dark within the dark power
  • he can destroy and tries to control himself
  • he desires SH
  • He does not understand why BR is abusing him
  • We don't know who his father was.  
  • We don't know the kind person who helped him when he came to human world (a Shin)
  • SH has seen his wound heal in a seconds
  • Ms Shin saw him destroy flowers, he embraced her and she remembers that, but seems like he did it to eliminate her memory of his dark 'magic"?

Soha

• loves HB but is trying to make a clean break with him because he must leave
  • must know (or not?) that HooYe has a thing for her, when he goes out of his way to help her but fails to make clear she has no romantic interest in him and never will have
  • she and her fortune teller friend laugh off Ms Shin when she fumes about why Soho wants her land because of tiger dung.
  • We still do not know who Soha's father is/was and what happened to him.
  • We don't know if her alcoholic mother was are biological mother 
  • We do not know why her family are servants and not the "Shim" HB spoke of in his story of betrayal

HB

• he has all three stones
  • he doesn't have powers back
  • he loves Soha
  • Something terrible happened regarding someone he loved 1200 years ago but we don't know what happened. HB says it was so long ago its faded to nothing and he doesn't remember but the other gods don't believe him.

BR

• Hates HooYe but we don't know what is behind it.
  • He claims HooYe murdered some gods, HY denies it.
  • He attacks HooYe and MR is concerned it will cause him to be held back from entering god world
  • He tempts MR by telling her if she helps him he will make sure Soha does not pose a threat holding back HB
  • his motives are unclear

Frozen Broken Tongue deity

• he is helping BR
  • he has a twin brother who MR says she hasn't seen for hundreds of years. (BR looks like he knows something about it?)

Hungry Deity

• He knew and visited HooYe when he was in the cave. 
  • He knows something about what happened to HooYe's mother
  • He helps HooYe control dark power (it appears) but we don't know why?
  • He originally kissed HB and we thought that was why HB lost his power, but appears not?
  • He kept running away from HB, but we don't really know why.

Blind Girl

• We still do not know who she is. (reincarnation?)
  • We don't know how she met JD (at Temple?)
  • We don't know how she met HooYe
  • Was meeting both HooYe and JD a coincidence?

Old Cardboard Collector

• He mentioned he once found a diamond ring. Could that be the one BR gave Soha and she lost?

Priest

• There was talk among the gods about his guidance. BR said meaningless. JD said had meaning.

HooYe's Secretary

• We still do not know anything about him. (Except his earnestness is very cute)

This is all I can think of for now.9011.png?w=129&h=150

9 hours ago, vangsweetie637 said:

I agree. Gods hate demigods and I am still trying to figure out why BR hates HY more than what we see from MR or HB. But..i think that whatever BR feels towards HY is almost too personal. Something is amiss here and we are still not getting all the details yet.

@kaoriharang 

Reveal hidden contents

Hahaha..i am glad this drama is not making me throw poison darts and flip tables too LOL

I find it strange that BR, HB and MR knows what happen 1200 years ago but they do not recognize HY when he is also involved :blink:unless..whatever happened was a secret. But then..everyone in the God realm knows about it. So i am like you dongseng. It is the time line that doesn't make sense to me. And if HY came to the human world 10 years ago..and if he was involved 1200 years ago..does that mean he only grew up when he entered the human realm? Because he would have to have lived 1200 years ago.

This is how I feel LOL!

@ktcjdrama hi chingu! Welcome back! Yasss! Let us keep on showering Team Monday with love from HB. I am on the losing team as well :tongue::D but i also feel like a winner because i still see the prizes haha

morning unnie!

maybe then the whole SA's ancestors becoming a servant for the gods is not directly but indirectly linked to something about HY. True, his appearance changes? well i guess because he is human so I guess him ageing does make sense? like within that 10 years he grew up? After all, we can be for sure how fast he grows from 3,000 years ago.

Maybe one reason why that BR, HB, MR dont recognise HY is because he is older than them. after all HB is 2800 years old so HY is actually older than him.

im off to watch the subs first, i'll be right back (:

EDIT

7 hours ago, little-star said:

The preview is killing me with Habeak's voice saying:

"I want to hug you (SA:Don't do it) I want to kiss you, Just stay still like this"

"I want to end it, but can we start instead ?"

i heard that as well, and oh my goodness it killed me. Can those two be more star-crossed!

[HanCinema's Drama Review] "Bride of the Water God 2017" Episode 10

DGMD2WjUAAA2ZlX.jpg

In a turnabout I can only describe as perplexing, not only does the amnesiac monk issue solve itself without Ha-baek's input, it also results in Ha-baek simply being given one of the artifacts. No effort appears to be required on Ha-baek's part for anything, which kind of begs the question of why he had to go the human world in the first place. The early episodes especially have the impression that Ha-baek was going to have to earn leadership by completing difficult tasks, possibly without being able to fall back on his godly abilities.

Instead, Ha-baek dithers on the question of going back home. We are to believe that this dramatic hesitation is a consequence of Ha-baek's romance with So-ah. That might actually be believable if So-ah had any redeemable qualities, or if Ha-baek and So-ah worked well together, or if Nam Joo-hyuk and Shin Se-kyung had any decent chemistry. But without these factors, "Bride of the Water God 2017" continues to feel pointless.

It also feels weird, in its odder moments. Some questionable editing gives the impression that one character is being assaulted through a magical sandbag, until better context reveals that the person in question is actually being attacked by minor gods working on commission. Wait, there are minor gods in this universe? How many gods are there? Where are they all? Could the guy rambling about Obama in the early episodes maybe have not been crazy after all?

So-ah specializing in psychiatric care seems a wasted opportunity, given this context. I could easily see her getting into the field because, as someone who knows gods are real, she also knows they are frequently mistaken for mental patients. Well, all right, I guess this worldbuilding doesn't really work either, since gods who are willing and able to use their powers for personal benefit can't be easily cowed by humans with no leverage.

Well, except for the no killing humans rule. I guess that's kind of leverage- but is that an actual magical rule with consequences for being disobeyed or just something informal? That's yet another important plot point left unclarified, even as the dialog remains dominated with discussions of grudges, conversations, and action scenes which are simply narrated to us. "Bride of the Water God 2017" is what happens when a story is all tell and no show. It's a fantasy romance drama with no fantasy and barely any romance, but plenty of gratutitous discussion of real estate business and legal contractual obligations.

http://www.hancinema.net/hancinema-s-drama-review-bride-of-the-water-god-2017-episode-10-108474.html

Finally had time to watch episode 10 just now and finished it, and omo~!  NJH has the most wonderful array of facial expressions!!

Spoiler

Wonder what YSA thinks about CEO Shin now that she's seen he's got super healing powers!  I also wonder if/when she'll figure out why there's so much tension between him and Habaek & Co.  Guess we'll find out next week!

Is this supposed to be 16 episodes?  It is, right?  I'm very curious to see what will happen with the number of episodes left.  So many loose ends, I feel!

0ff54edf4ade54f62d5d61cbcac08a47.jpg52aba3bcba0073c1af154b16b58f2959.jpg9fd1da59963487476d5282b7488cdfa8.jpg

Spoiler

c80e28ab9222b513c73220605f6e7b14.jpg02b0d98bc96f62a1779596bb3e5a76e3.jpg

LIM JU HWAN ❤❤❤❤❤amazing superb outstanding fantastic .(CEO shin hoo ye). I'm totally impressed and falling for him. 

So excited for next episode -- the ending scene well done writer create such kind of  misunderstanding situation unimaginable . But there is no fault of hoo ye but now he is in more trouble- I hope soah protect hoo ye from habaek now. 

Bi ryum why....bi ryum totally suspicious now he definitely knew something linked hoo ye 1200 yr ago incident or he knew about hoo ye father. It look like bi ryum holding so many secrets even moora not aware about those secrets.

hello everyone.  It's been a while since I last post something. 

But I religiously visit this thread every day and I continue to appreciate all the wonderful discussions and the positive atmosphere in here. 

At the moment I have put this show on hold and I'am planning to binge watch it when it finish airing. All the cliffhangers every week almost gave me heart attack and add that with all the sadness that our OTP are facing. ....it's really painful. On one hand I can't wait for all the episodes to air but on the other I'm already feeling sad about saying goodbye to this show, the actors and the wonderful forum.

I do watch the clips posted on YouTube and read the recap along with the discussions.  And I can say for sure that everyone is doing a good job with their part especially the main leads who have really done a good job selling both their characters and their love story. I like how the writer and PD trust them and they allow the actors talent to do the job and not rely much on music (I'm looking at you Heirs and love is the moment) or fancy sets. I  really hope for a happy ending whether in human world or in the water kingdom as long as it's a happy ending. 

I also hope that HY will not turn dark because I don't want any of the characters to be villain and because him going dark will really waste all the effort that he put into being good and helping humans. I have given up on BY and just want to send him back to sky kingdom so that he will stop causing trouble in the human world and stop messing up with HY. Now I'm beginning to understand why HB said that BY was not to be trusted and was only good at causing trouble.  First it was SA that he tortured and now he's doing the same petty thing to HY for no apparent reason. And I don't believe HY being a demigod is enough reason because HB had stopped messing with HY once he realized that he had nothing to do with the stone or JD. BY should also stop and grow up. 

Lastly,  I know we only have six episodes left (I feel like this drama should have been 20 episodes) but anything can happen...but one thing that I pray will not happen is the love triangle. So far I have enjoyed this show for not using the cliche love triangle as a way to sell the romance and I hope it stay that way.  HY does not need SA as a lover but as a friend and so far they relationship have been nothing but that of colleague and professional and nothing between them have suggested anything romantic. Yes HY may have wish to pursue SA romantically but so far he has not done anything to suggest otherwise. Being a demigod does not put HY a better suitor for SA than HB because at the end of the day HY will live eternally while SA will die when her time comes. SA have gone through so much and she deserves to be happy and unless something changes in future episodes,  I'll say that right now HB is one of those things that she needs and will make her happy.  

As for HB and HY, I wish for them to become friends which I think the will happen through SA. One of the  things that HB have improved on is how he treat SA and respect her feelings.  He might get jealous but at the end of the day, he always tried to respect her decision and do as she tells him to do. I believe once he found that there's nothing going on between SA and HY thing will go smooth. Also, if HB is planning to be with SA for a long time then he should start thinking about the possibility of them having demigod and he can learn a thing or two about that through HY. 

I also think that HY should spend less time with that minor god and more with his precious secretary to release all the stress relating to gods. He should take a page from SA book. I didn't like it when the minor god told HY that he deserves to be serve by SA more than HB. That was wrong and I feel it was the major reason why HY declared to HB that he was going to pursue SA. Girl doesn't need to serve anyone all she needs is happiness. 

Lastly. ..HB...oh boy. NjH is really doing a wonderful job of selling as a mature sexy god (thank you writernim and pdnim for having faith in him). The way he look at SA just be melting my non romantic heart and sometimes make me wish to exchange place with SA. And that voice! I can't believe this is the same guy from school 2015. That deep sensual voice that he always use whenever speaking to SA be it when he's sorry,  trying to comfort her, or when he goes into romantic mode. Add that along with his expressions and I'm a goner. No wonder SA can't help but fall for him even knowing that their romance is doomed. And that kiss... again thank you PDnim for allowing these actors to show us how it's done and not use those annoying long distance camera angles that never show the lip movements. 

I know that the preview for next week look sad, but I can't help but wish for another kiss next week. We need more kisses to balance things out.

41 minutes ago, saanjh sena said:

Reveal hidden contents

LIM JU HWAN ❤❤❤❤❤amazing superb outstanding fantastic .(CEO shin hoo ye). I'm totally impressed and falling for him. 

So excited for next episode -- the ending scene well done writer create such kind of  misunderstanding situation unimaginable . But there is no fault of hoo ye but now he is in more trouble- I hope soah protect hoo ye from habaek now. 

Bi ryum why....bi ryum totally suspicious now he definitely knew something linked hoo ye 1200 yr ago incident or he knew about hoo ye father. It look like bi ryum holding so many secrets even moora not aware about those secrets.

I really applaud his acting! he really plays CEO Shin well! And HY is finally making his move towards SA.

I am like you after hearing that BR was saying to the other minor god at the gym, it seems that HY and BR there is something linking them. I just don't know what it is.

If that minor god had a twin, and maybe that twin died? maybe BR is blaming HY because he thinks he caused the twin to die?

8 minutes ago, aimerance said:

NjH is really doing a wonderful job of selling as a mature sexy god (thank you writernim and pdnim for having faith in him). The way he look at SA just be melting my non romantic heart and sometimes make me wish to exchange place with SA. And that voice! I can't believe this is the same guy from school 2015. That deep sensual voice that he always use whenever speaking to SA be it when he's sorry,  trying to comfort her, or when he goes into romantic mode. Add that along with his expressions and I'm a goner. No wonder SA can't help but fall for him even knowing that their romance is doomed. And that kiss... again thank you PDnim for allowing these actors to show us how it's done and not use those annoying long distance camera angles that never show the lip movements. 

I know that the preview for next week look sad, but I can't help but wish for another kiss next week. We need more kisses to balance things out.

I'm all yours with this. So agree. 

"Bride of the Water God 2017" Nam Joo-hyuk gets mad seeing Lim Ju-hwan and Shin Se-kyung together

photo873562.jpg

On the latest episode of the tvN drama "Bride of the Water God 2017", Joo Dong (Yang Dong-geun) asked Ha Baek (Nam Joo-hyuk) if the reason he wasn't happy about finding the sacred stone was because he had to say goodbye to So-ah (Shin Se-kyung).

Ha Baek new that So-ah needed 'money'. He helped an old man pull a cart full of recycling items and received 'money' which made him think about So-ah.

Hoo Ye (Lim Ju-hwan) drank alone, despairing over the fact that Bi Ryeom (Gong Myung) called him 'only half human'.

So-ah called Hoo Ye when he didn't come to his appointment and he happened to walk in drunk.

So-ah opened up his shirt as the fever he had wouldn't go down and he tried to attack her because of the branding he had on his chest. However, he calmed down when he realized who she was.

Just then, Ha Baek appeared and saw them in an awkward position and became furious.

http://www.hancinema.net/spoiler-bride-of-the-water-god-2017-nam-joo-hyuk-gets-mad-seeing-lim-ju-hwan-and-shin-se-kyung-together-108455.html

3 hours ago, Chellsee said:

[HanCinema's Drama Review] "Bride of the Water God 2017" Episode 10

In a turnabout I can only describe as perplexing, not only does the amnesiac monk issue solve itself without Ha-baek's input, it also results in Ha-baek simply being given one of the artifacts. No effort appears to be required on Ha-baek's part for anything, which kind of begs the question of why he had to go the human world in the first place. The early episodes especially have the impression that Ha-baek was going to have to earn leadership by completing difficult tasks, possibly without being able to fall back on his godly abilities.

Instead, Ha-baek dithers on the question of going back home. We are to believe that this dramatic hesitation is a consequence of Ha-baek's romance with So-ah. That might actually be believable if So-ah had any redeemable qualities, or if Ha-baek and So-ah worked well together, or if Nam Joo-hyuk and Shin Se-kyung had any decent chemistry. But without these factors, "Bride of the Water God 2017" continues to feel pointless.

It also feels weird, in its odder moments. Some questionable editing gives the impression that one character is being assaulted through a magical sandbag, until better context reveals that the person in question is actually being attacked by minor gods working on commission. Wait, there are minor gods in this universe? How many gods are there? Where are they all? Could the guy rambling about Obama in the early episodes maybe have not been crazy after all?

So-ah specializing in psychiatric care seems a wasted opportunity, given this context. I could easily see her getting into the field because, as someone who knows gods are real, she also knows they are frequently mistaken for mental patients. Well, all right, I guess this worldbuilding doesn't really work either, since gods who are willing and able to use their powers for personal benefit can't be easily cowed by humans with no leverage.

Well, except for the no killing humans rule. I guess that's kind of leverage- but is that an actual magical rule with consequences for being disobeyed or just something informal? That's yet another important plot point left unclarified, even as the dialog remains dominated with discussions of grudges, conversations, and action scenes which are simply narrated to us. "Bride of the Water God 2017" is what happens when a story is all tell and no show. It's a fantasy romance drama with no fantasy and barely any romance, but plenty of gratutitous discussion of real estate business and legal contractual obligations.

http://www.hancinema.net/hancinema-s-drama-review-bride-of-the-water-god-2017-episode-10-108474.html

The review from this site is always negative.

2 hours ago, amisyka77 said:

The review from this site is always negative.

I stop reading negative critics like nothing good about this drama. Some people need to get a life or maybe a boyfriend. So that they will stop their bitterness or should I said stop being bitchy about everything. 

I watched this drama today with sub. I cried the part when SA returned home from work and HB waiting for her. SA said she was trying to solve maths problem all day. HB's face look crushed and he probably break down if SA continue talking abt put an end to their relationship. So sad. :cry:

@saanjh sena @ilwoo_aein I am fan of Im Ju Hwan since Tamra Island. He is an outstanding actor and his peformance never fail to impress me but I dont why he didnt get good role to shine. Overlooking by others. 

I love the scene when HB took photo like a professional model. Our sexy God is soooo random :grin:

HB is always in control but i don't know if he will continue to be one especially with how the latest episode ended. But that is his god side and it would be nice to see the human jealousy part of him.

I don't understand why BY likes to provoke HY. The poor guy is trying to be good and having a not so easy way of trying to be one and yet this wind god just doesn't stop. BY has his own personal agenda but i hope he will not do everything at HY's expense.

As much as i want to move on, i still can't get over their kiss at the beginning. I think it's a very good one, i haven't seen a kiss that long in a while.

Screen_Shot_2017-08-02_at_3.02.11_pm.png

Screen_Shot_2017-08-02_at_3.03.17_pm.png

Screen_Shot_2017-08-02_at_3.03.22_pm.png

I actually like that SA cried when they kissed because it means that to her he is not just a guest and visiting god anymore. Their connection is deeper now and makes this series more interesting to wait for the next episode.

Archived