[Drama 2017] My Father is Strange 아버지가 이상해

Go Seung Ji

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, themarchioness said:

Just caught the first two episodes of this drama and well, guess I've landed myself a new weekend drama for the next couple of months!  LOL

Some of the connections were soooo obvious.  Like when the PD turned out to be the son of the rich mom who bought out the building, I was like, "Yup.  Called that."  And if I was a betting person, I'd say she had something to do with the break-up as well.  But in spite of all that, or maybe because of all that, that's what's drawn me into this drama.  I want to know the characters better.  I want to know how their stories turn out.  I'm already rooting for them!  (Well, except maybe not the brother or the youngest sister.  Not right now, at least.  If they mature a little bit more, then I'll be on their side.)

Looking forward to watching the next two episodes.  (Since I'm watching on KBS's YT channel, I'm a week behind.)  I'm already bummed that I have dinner plans which means I have to take a break.  Why oh why did I make dinner plans?!  :tongue:

Couple of months?  More like nearly half a year. :D Good luck to both of us!

Yeah, the everything and everyone is connected thing is tiresome, but the characters are absolutely making up for that so far. 

Also, guys!  How did I not realize when I was going on and on about how this was reminding me so much of Ojakgyo Brothers that the writer is the same?!?!  It did not even occur to me to check.  I thought I was just crazy :wink: So no wonder it feels a little familiar.  (But in a good way, of course.)  The director I'm not too familiar with, but I've seen Dal Ja's Spring and he also directed Sons of Sol Pharmacy House, which is one of those family dramas I didn't quiiiiite finish.  But I think it wins the prize for the one I made it furthest into before drifting off to something else.  Might eventually get back to it yet.

After episode 6...I am loving the JH’s manager he is so sweet. The family of the Mon (Mother, brother and sister in low) how selfish they are, they did not offer help to clean the building where they live they are unthankful. The snake and evil girl thinks she is at school yet, trying to bully MY again  yellow-hair-girl-emoticon-18.gif?1301940165, but finally MY responded to her what she deserved and seems MY  is gaining self-confidence and the esteem of her work team. I’ve made a comment before about MY needed to mature but the other girl is who need to mature and buy a life instead of being and disturbing Mi Young. 

The Zebra Woman really likes humiliating others now I understand why her husband can’t stand her.

Maybe in the next episode father will accept him as his son and inviting him to live with them because his father is died.

Sadly I have to wait until the next weekend yellow-hair-girl-emoticon-02.gif?1301940163

2 hours ago, ecs707a said:

Yeah, the everything and everyone is connected thing is tiresome, but the characters are absolutely making up for that so far.

Haha, actually, that sort of thing doesn't bother me at all.  I'm used to it by this point -- it's amazing how small the universe is in drama worlds, and especially in weekend drama worlds.  :tongue:

4 hours ago, themarchioness said:

Haha, actually, that sort of thing doesn't bother me at all.  I'm used to it by this point -- it's amazing how small the universe is in drama worlds, and especially in weekend drama worlds.  :tongue:

yup. thats the speciality of Weekend Dramas. everyone is connected to each other. ^_^

Spoiler

The 6th episode is really great so far, more character development especially Miyoung, I cheered for her when she take her revenge back to that Bully Girl Yoo Joo in the restroom, I was like "You Go Girl!"  and  she went outside the restaurant and telling herself "You've done it well" I was like "Yes you really have done well!" 

This drama made me felt so good and I really like the Father, he is like the kindest father ever in kdrama I've ever watched in my whole life, he supported his wife and and is a really good husband, no wonder Na Youngshil the wife love him so much.

14 hours ago, camichi said:

After episode 6...I am loving the JH’s manager he is so sweet.

The manager is among the list of characters I like in this drama, mainly because he took a really good care of Ahn Joonghee and such a sweet cutie pie :wub: he also willing to teach Miyoung who is only an intern. 

Spoiler

I've read somewhere that the Father (Byun Han Soo) is changing his identity with Ahn Joonghee's real father and took his name, that explained why he can't go abroad to travel with his wife because of his fake identity. In the preview the father visit AJH's father's grave and tell how his son looks like, that's so sad and maybe he will take AJH as his son because he's pitying him

:dissapointed_relieved:

I like the Joong Hee house pictures, he looks very nice in them.

He, the manager and Miyoung are very cute together.

I also like the start of the relationship of the youngest daughter and the trainer, they are cute. I liked how she wasnt even aware that she smiled  while looking at him .I'm leaving the scandal story aside.

Eventhough JH is somehow the central character it  looks like his relationship with MY will be the slowest one.

22 minutes ago, rocher22 said:

Eventhough JH is somehow the central character it  looks like his relationship with MY will be the slowest one

Both of them has zero feeling when it is to love someone, so it might be a little bit slower than the rest but it would be fun if the writer made them having the most drastic progression out of all the couples in the end such as wedding and making lots of babies for their parent :wub:

22 minutes ago, rocher22 said:

I like the Joong Hee house pictures, he looks very nice in them.

did you mean this picture?

LJInStyle012017-1.jpg

Annyeong everyone :D

I'm not sure if this is my 1st post in this thread.....can't remember but anyway I just want to say that I'm enjoying this weekend drama quite a lot. I like all the characters here starting from the dad, mum, 3 sisters and 1 brother. Of course I like Leejoon's character as well. In fact, because of Lee Joon and Jung So Mi, that I started to watch Father Is Strange.

I have marathon and catch up with all of you for Ep6. Looking forward to Ep7&8 this weekend.

I like all the sisters and the actresses really brought out their characters. My fave so far is the eldest girl, just love her spunky and self confident style. This is the first time I watch Lee Yoo Ri's acting and I like her. Jung So Min as the timid sister is right on point. I have watched her acting as a spoilt kid and this actress is great. Gonna put her in my fave list now.

5 hours ago, alekaonu said:

Annyeong everyone :D

I like all the sisters and the actresses really brought out their characters. My fave so far is the eldest girl, just love her spunky and self confident style. This is the first time I watch Lee Yoo Ri's acting and I like her. Jung So Min as the timid sister is right on point. I have watched her acting as a spoilt kid and this actress is great. Gonna put her in my fave list now.

Hi alekaonu

Totally agree,I watched her in Supper Daddy Yeol and I liked her a lot, and the only reason I stayed watching Big Man was because of Jung so min (Actin like a Spoilt Kid) and she was amazing there and I loved her in The Sound of your heart with Kwang Soo. I confess is my first time watching Lee Joon and I´ve already Fall for him. All of them are making a great job. 

On 3/22/2017 at 0:29 AM, eyjooniesh said:

Both of them has zero feeling when it is to love someone, so it might be a little bit slower than the rest but it would be fun if the writer made them having the most drastic progression out of all the couples in the end such as wedding and making lots of babies for their parent :wub:

did you mean this picture?

Yes, that one and the rest too :D

Archived