Quantcast
Go Seung Ji

[Drama 2017] My Father is Strange 아버지가 이상해

6 hours ago, camichi said:

I would like the relation between MY and JH goes faster, cause I have a concern about it

Me too! Sadly it will be slower since JH is not that important in this show XD, he's just a nuclear bomb that will be dropped to the family, the longer the safer. But I got the feeling that JH will falls for her first,  since it's always like that in Kdrama ;-) (guys fall in love first with the girls)  but knowing she's his younger sister will probably made him ...... step out but that won't be too long I hope so, ,,,

5 hours ago, jina_bing_bang said:

Dad and his anxiety of the man in glasses and his mystery sports background, then no driving and not being able to be on airplanes too, so many questions here!

Could it be the dad owed something big to AJH's  real father is being related to his anxiety of driving? Maybe he had an accident before and something happened that made him feeling indebted towards AJH and his dad ( I want to say he killed AJH's dad in that accident but that would be too 'makjang')

4 hours ago, maddymappo said:

Does anyone else think that Joon Young is missing his real profession, as a chef?

THIS, I totally think Joonyoung could be the successor to his father's snackfood restaurant and can help to bring more profit to the restaurant with his skills and talent but they all want him to pass the exam

Finally,  Ahn Hyoseop is a good addition to the show, he will attract more younger fans to watch this warm-hearted family drama with amazing actors and actresses.

• Like 6

15 hours ago, eyjooniesh said:

Could it be the dad owed something big to AJH's  real father is being related to his anxiety of driving? Maybe he had an accident before and something happened that made him feeling indebted towards AJH and his dad ( I want to say he killed AJH's dad in that accident but that would be too 'makjang')

That could very much be the case and I don't think he "killed" JH's father but there was definitely something going on as the picture with the 3 friends. I wonder if the other friend pictured will be a clue or if it was just for the drama. Also, it makes me wonder how the gomo [sister of JH's real biological father] is connected because Papa Byun and Mama Byun dropped off items for her at the hospital when they went to visit his friend too. I am sure the drama meant to show that part and maybe there is a guilt factor, like all the friends were in a car accident and Papa Byun is the one who survived? It will be interesting how this mystery gets solved too :)

• Like 6

I must say this drama is moving at a very good pace and the story is interesting without too much annoying stuff you sometimes find in other dramas. I love how the lawyer daughter is very honest (not to her parents but to herself) and brave about her decision, it's obvious she cannot come clean with her parents they will never allow it. There is nothing wrong with her living with her boyfriend she is above 30 years old for heaven's sake. Too many times these dramas behave like a a 30+ year old woman is a teenager and I love how this drama is handling the older woman and her romance.

I am surprised at the actress who played one of the characters in Age of Youth she isn't that good an actress. It was not like that in Age of Youth she seemed to be a better actress in that. Not that I have any issue with weight but don't you think she has put on some weight as her face seems very round.

So far I'm happy I picked this drama over Father I'll take care of you for sure.

• Like 6

My version of best couple in the drama lol

tumblr_ons8mf8jGu1sxakcho2_400.gif tumblr_ons8mf8jGu1sxakcho3_400.gif  tumblr_ons8mf8jGu1sxakcho4_400.gif 

Spoiler

tumblr_ons8mf8jGu1sxakcho5_400.gif

tumblr_ons8mf8jGu1sxakcho6_400.gif tumblr_ons8mf8jGu1sxakcho1_400.gif

Edited by MadraRua
Please only 3 images per post, use spoiler tag for the rest
  • Like 9

The weekend drama "Father is Strange" came in first.

According to Nielsen Korea, the KBS 2TV drama "Father is Strange" rated 25.8%. This is 3.9% more than the previous episode.

It isn't anything near its own record of 27.1%, but it's the only drama that broke through 20% this weekend.

MBC "You're Too Much" rated 13.1% which is a 1.8% increase from the previous episode.

MBC weekend drama "Father, I'll Take Care of You" increased by 3.3% to 14.7%.

• Like 4

This show is getting more and more interesting. It seems like mysteries from the past will go to be reveled soon. 
My impressions about this episode ; The Opa is only thinking in getting married, when his father asked him in how is he thinking to solve the problem the only he brought up was that he would like to get married. He don’t talk about finding a job or help his father at the restaurant. He deserve all those things his sisters told him. The poor Mi Young worrying about the expenses of the child and wedding. This guy is going to obtain whatever he wants from his parents without any punishment only because he is kind and because they are weak with him. As HY said, he is a little kid.
The sisters are intrigue about what kind of woman goes to her inlaws and tells them she is pregnant,  and I think things are not going to be easy for her when they get married. I have the feeling that Yoo Joo won’t stop bothering MY I think she could use the fact she is pregnant to abuse of her.
YJ continues bothering and threatening   Mi Young , and I can’t wait  to watch her  face when  she meet the family and see that  MY is p art of  them. 
I am sorry couse the honeymoon of HY and JH won’t last because of their mothers’ issues. 
cute2 onion head

• Like 4

@camichi I don't think YooJoo will continue to bother MiYoung because she will become part of the family, I can see how she could use the pregnancy to her advantage too. I know that from the preview it seems that YooJoo will be meeting the family and I don't think MY will be there because that is A LOT of things to deal with all at once especially considering that HyeYoung and JungHwan PD's storyline with their mom's will continue too. I just want MY to continue and stick up for herself and have HyeYoung and RaYoung be like YOU ARE THE ONE who bugged my sister? Then the sisters attack lol (I guess it is just my wishful thinking that the siblings stick together)

Also, I do think the PD's mom had an influence to have HY and JungHwan PD break up the first time around too! Their honeymoon stage of their newly re-kindled romance is definitely over...

--

Family reactions to the news of Joonyoung getting his girlfriend pregnant, I like how he stood up for himself when the sisters were grilling him. It seems that the dad especially is very black or white

Like that they all wonder who she is- I can see Rayoung like her because of the line of work she is in and I wonder how that will change when everyone finds out that Miyoung was the one who was bullied for her. Oh Rayoung drunk calling ChulSoo was funny because of how much she regretted it and doesn’t seem to get that he is smarter than her and not like the other guys she has dated lol

Like that we also got to see JoongHee show more of himself and not just the “jerk” he is, I find that some dramas just have random moments where they try to show the layers among the character and it doesn’t come off as genuine. The part where he was talking to Al and saying he really wanted to act and have a way to show off his talents was a great scene!

Minyoung and her cute little victories just makes her more relatable too, it seems that JH is relying on her opinion a little..also YAY she got her little revenge on YooJoo!

Why does Mama Byun even put herself in the situation of going down to the café in the first place?

I didn’t think that HyeYoung and JungHwan PD were going to “meet” so soon but here we go!

• Like 3

OMG this drama breaks every normal rule of Kdrama where they drag everything I never expected Mi Yeong to meet her that quick....wow cannot wait for next week. I love it and I love how Hye Young stood her ground and why she broke up all those years ago. Everything about this weekend drama has been exciting and ground breaking they are actually shattering my expectations every week by doing the unexpected.

I am very interested to see how Yoo Joo is going to handle Mi Young and what will Mi Yeong say since only Hye Yeong knows of her bullying.Will she identify who her bully was ? I was thinking they would keep these two from confronting each other to drag the horrible office bullying but instead they turned the tables.... good writing and totally unexpected turn of events.

I also was surprised how Hye Yeong was so insistent and how she forced that awful woman to accept her terms and that woman totally deserves it and I can see she envies Mrs. Byun and how her husband and family loves her when her own husband is a horrid person.

• Like 4

"Father is Strange" increases again

photo837428.jpg

"Father is Strange" has been going up life crazy.

According to Nielsen Korea, KBS 2TV drama "Father is Strange" rated 26.8%. This is a 3.5% increase compared to the previous episode. It's getting close to 30%.

"Father is Strange" Byeon Hye-yeong (Lee Yu-ri) broke up with Cha Jeong-hwan (Ryoo Soo-yeong) because of Oh Bok-nyeo (Song Ok-sook). Kim Yoo-joo (Lee Mi-do) found out that Byeon Mi-yeong (Jung So-min) who'd been bullying her, was her boyfriend Byeon Joon-yeong's (Min Jin-woong) youngest sister.

Meanwhile, MBC "You're Too Much" rated 12.4%.

http://www.hancinema.net/father-is-strange-increases-again-104860.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

• Like 2

I am so glad Hye Young stood up to Jung Hwan's mother who is such a big bully, but it was also partially her mother's fault for getting into situations where she can be bullied. Anyway, Hye Young is totally awesome when she didn't let love dictate loyalty to her family. I can't wait for Jung Hwan to know that his mother broke them up eight years ago. Of course, I want to see the two sisters ganging up on Yoo Joo, the other big bully in the drama. She's already bullying Mi Young & Jun Young. I hope she doesn't start bullying the nice parents. Please, Hye Young & Ra Young, I'm banking on you two to make Yoo Joo's life miserable. Is it next weekend already? XD 

• Like 4