[Drama 2017] My Father is Strange 아버지가 이상해

Go Seung Ji

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OMG… Mi Young is going to have a niece or nephew with her enemy.depressed1 onion head I can’t imagine when the gold digger realize that the guy does not have money and he is not an heir. desperate1 onion head This is getting interesting. JH and MY made me laugh a lot.

Guest AlexMao

I'll admit I didn't really see Yoo Joo getting pregnant any time soon. Heck I figured she'd leave Joon Young well before any "accidents" could occur. That being said I kind of what to see what kind of blind panic Joon Young will be in when he hears the "good" news. How about Mi Young, I can only picture the three sisters coming "this" close to tarring and feathering him. 

I hope I wasn't the only one to laugh at Joong Hee bruising his coccyx bone. My question is: How is he going to turn around his misfortune and put it on Mi Young or his manager? The few BTS shots at least given the impression that they will have some "bonding" time, so it could be for the best. 

Finally I know it won't go anywhere but I really want to see jealous Hye Young. This little banter between Jung Hwa, Hye Young and Jung Hwa's colleague (Kim Da Ye) is just too good.

Oh wow.  Just finished watching Episode 3, and wow.  In a drama that has been fairly predictable for most parts so far, I did NOT expect to see HER on the other side of the door when the brother rang the doorbell.  Actually, if anything, i was expecting another man to open the open the door and the brother to find out that while he's been studying, his girlfriend's been cheating on him with another person. 

BUT THAT JUST MADE IT ALL THE BETTER.

I mean, not so much for the second sister.  I adore her and don't want to see her hurt, and she's already so traumatized having to see her at work, I can only imagine what it's going to be like for her when she finds out her brother's dating her bully! 

But on the other hand, I have to admit, this makes for some pretty interesting conflict!

As for the oldest sister and the PD, three words: Walk. Of. Shame.  LOL!  I loved that part.

Okay, off to watch 4 now...

On 26/03/2017 at 0:38 AM, AlexMao said:

I'll admit I didn't really see Yoo Joo getting pregnant any time soon. Heck I figured she'd leave Joon Young well before any "accidents" could occur. That being said I kind of what to see what kind of blind panic Joon Young will be in when he hears the "good" news. How about Mi Young, I can only picture the three sisters coming "this" close to tarring and feathering him. 

The sisters will kill him, poor guy. Imagine that Joon Young´s girlfriend goes to live whit them too. OMG what a mess it would be. Btw the manager is the cutest thing in the drama, He really worry about JH, I love him.emoticon laugh cute cat
I can’t stand zebra woman, for me, her appearances are a waste of time in the drama, I continues thinking is too much screen time for her, I would prefer watching the Young couples´s matters. 

On 26/03/2017 at 2:47 AM, themarchioness said:

Okay, off to watch 4 now...

Hurry up please. We need you on time :thumbsup::kiss_wink:

Guest AlexMao

After re-watching the episode with subtitles it turns out Jong Hee hemorrhoids, I know I shouldn't think this but that's actually funnier than him bruising/breaking his coccyx bone. I still stand by my other comment about the aftermath though. I think it will give both Jong Hee & Mi Young time to (I won't say like each other) start to understand the other. 

I had a question about the preview though, in it Young Shil says she had a baby dream. We know from the episode that it appears as though Yoo Joo is pregnant (5-weeks) with Joon Young's child, it is possible that the dream was for Hye Young instead of Yoo Joo? Think back to the dinner scene with Hye Young & Jung Hwan he made a slight slip of the tongue when saying "fill your belly" obviously in reference to dinner but it could be interpreted in the same way as get her pregnant. 

I'm not sure if my opinion of Jung Hwan's parent is really any better. I'm still drawing a blank as to just how poorly Kyoo Taek treats Bok Nyah. I mean I don't expect them to be going through some extended/renewed honeymoon phase but honestly Kyoo Taek cooked a meal for his dog, boiled a bit of water for his noodles and basically told his wife to fend for herself. Ah...love. 

4 hours ago, vaberella said:

I can't be the ONLY one who's have a moment over Jung So Min's jeans in @eyjooniesh's post?! OM to the G.  Love it with the jeans. Not feeling the shirt. So cute. :bawling::heart:

Me too love the jeans. I have so many jeans I still go looking and intend to find those but I only have very few expensive ones. I was lucky since I lived in Brazil for awhile and those people design very nice jeans dirt cheap too . Jeans also last and last some of mine are 23 -25 years old. Older than my son lol.

Guest AlexMao

I don't know why but I actually feel a little sorry for Yoo Joo. I can only imagine what she going through and to tell the man-child Joon Young he's going to be a father and to get what I'll call the deer-caught-in-headlights stare doesn't really afford her any comfort here. I want to see Joon Young mature as a result of the news, you know buckle down and take on some of those adult responsibilities (we all love and hate), become a contributing member of the household/society. I don't much care for the bullying bits but I kind of want to see Yoo Joo grow up/grow to understand the difference in those she works with and as things go those that will become her family. 

By far, for me anyway, the best scene of the episode involved Hye Young, Yoon Ji & Jung Hwan. I'm not sure if I liked seeing Hye Yoon insecurities boil to the surface or the utter shock and awe of Jung Hwan seeing just how far she'd go to prove a point. Given Yoon Ji's little declaration (from episode 7) I doubt this is will be the end of their little cat-and-mouse game. I certainly hope we're in for a few more before Yoon Ji throws in the towel. 

As for Joong Hee, I was a little disappointed the hospital stuff didn't pan out as I would have liked. I do like that Mi Young is proving her worth so I suppose my idea of them reconciling isn't as far fetched but may not really be an easy thing for either as well. Oh well, it's still early days so we'll see.

25 minutes ago, AlexMao said:

As for Joong Hee, I was a little disappointed the hospital stuff didn't pan out as I would have liked. I do like that Mi Young is proving her worth so I suppose my idea of them reconciling isn't as far fetched but may not really be an easy thing for either as well. Oh well, it's still early days so we'll see.

JH is being to mean with MY, he even doesn’t look her like a person , he gets irritated easily, I wonder how are they going to connect in the future,  but still the scene in the hospital for me was the best of the episode, it was too much funny. 

About the girlfriend of the JY, I feel sorry for her,   she is not a saint but get pregnant of this kid OMG. I can’t imagine how the good news would be taken in the family.

I'm really enjoying this drama.  Each character has a story, and it's being played really well!  I can't stand JH's mother, she is such a meanie! Totally looks down on the Byun's, and works YS like a dog!  No wonder her husband can't stand to be around her!  She obviously cannot see the forest for the trees, because he told her FLAT OUT why he doesn't like her, but she thinks she did no wrong, so was highly offended by his remarks.  

JOon Hee is a jerk, I didn't like how in the end he purposely walked by Daddy Byun, purposely ignoring him like that.  Grow up, buddy! MY is so clueless, too.....she has NO IDEA how to fix her situation!  Poor girl......with all those siblings, you would think she'd be a little sharper regarding human behavior! OMG! That girl has sooooo much to learn about life and people...it seems like she was living in a bubble...why? She has two pretty, confident sisters....what happened to MY?  It's not that she's not pretty, she just doesn't have any confidence, probably because she had been overweight. Of course, having had YJ in her past was no help.....can't wait for the reveal that YJ is JY's girlfriend!  There will be explosions soon!!!!

Ahn Joonghee's scene is not that much in this episode although he was the star of the drama in episode 7 due to his hemorrhoids, "Ahn Joonghee" name even trending in korean sites (I'm not sure whether it's naver or daum sites) because of that 'hemorrhoids' scene XD

I really like to see Hyeyoung and Junghwan's lovey dovey scene, Lee Yuri makes the character even more realistic and relatable with every small details she displayed. I always excited to see Joonghee and Miyoung's scenes, theirs usually are hilarious and I can see in future episode Joonghee gonna despise Miyoung more and more but eventually he will fall in love  with her:heart:, I even wonder who will fall for who first. 

Can't wait for episode 9, it seems like the father will confront Joonghee, I hope he will tell him that he's not his real father  

My very first long drama was Life is Beautiful and the  father and mother in that drama were the same as the ones here. They match very well together and I loved that drama . Started watching this today and so far it has been very good am very interested in the lawyer and PD couple. I think this drama is well written and well acted because the minute you start looking at how long before the episode is ending means the drama is not entertaining enough. This one it was over before I knew it so that bodes well for future episodes. 

Archived