[Mainland Chinese Drama 2021] Tears In Heaven 佳期如梦之海上繁花

sugarplum892

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Mainland Chinese Drama 2021] Tears In Heaven 佳期如梦之海上繁花
  • 4 months later...
  • SC2019 changed the title to [Current Mainland Chinese Drama 2021] Tears In Heaven 佳期如梦之海上繁花
5 hours ago, Table122000 said:

Viki took down the Tears In Heaven drama page. I am so upset! After all these years of waiting-no subs!  Does anyone know why this drama suddenly disappeared from Viki? 

usually when that happens, it's because another provider has obtained the license for it...

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, SC2019 said:

usually when that happens, it's because another provider has obtained the license for it...

Thanks for the information.  I have not seen the drama at another streaming service, but perhaps it will be coming later.  It is still very sad if Viki lost the liscense because they do such a good job with the translations. Hopefully, Viki will be able to get the liscense again.

Spoiler

I’ve watched up to episode 6 and I’m heartbroken over our sweet doctor Shao Zhen Rong’s death. :dissapointed_relieved: I really love how he gave his all to Xiao Su and the relationship between them two. So far, Lei Yu Zheng has been such a jerk to Xiao Su so idk if I want to continue the drama. Probably will wait until more episodes are out since I’m still intrigued as to how their relationship is going to develop.

Edited by nevva3
  • Like 1

Love this drama.

LYZ is the typical cold hearted CEO and the FL is the typical feisty girl but the twist is the dead boyfriend. 

I hope the OTP works out if the OTP is Shawn Duo and the girl.

• Like 2

This drama has been liscensed by several streaming sites, and is currently being subbed in English. The drama is region resstricted so you will need to go to the sites to see if it is available in your country. 

WeTV: https://wetv.vip/play/fte4uy4jar3n8gt/u003920yz6v

Tencent Video Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLMX26aiIvX5p3GOHd4QxnJMo8GP-YRyTJ

KUKAN Drama Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLEXBGg5OB0B8Sl_Gzef3F8MzK2IBCmPmk

Still hoping that Viki can get the liscense eventually.

Update from my last post xD: I’ve watched to episode 18 since I couldn’t help myself and I’m currently addicted. I love how the storyline is progressing and how there’s no dragging parts yet. It strange to see how fast the storyline is moving since we’re not even halfway with the drama so I do hope they keep the same pace and not thrown in filler episodes. 

• Like 1

On 7/5/2021 at 3:22 PM, nevva3 said:

Update from my last post xD: I’ve watched to episode 18 since I couldn’t help myself and I’m currently addicted. I love how the storyline is progressing and how there’s no dragging parts yet. It strange to see how fast the storyline is moving since we’re not even halfway with the drama so I do hope they keep the same pace and not thrown in filler episodes. 

I want to nominate Du Xiao Su for an award. I can't believe there's such a forgiving girl in real life, so relentless in caring for Lei Yu Zheng. I already feel like slapping him a few times. sigh.

If anyone is curious about E25-29.

Spoiler

There's a lot of angst, anger and hurt throughout E25-29. LYZ is agrieved with his father's condition, doesn't want DXS to help anymore, tries to drown his own sorrows in alcohol or whatever behaviour he can think of, and most of the time she comes rushing in to 'save him'. And almost all the time, has to put up with his bad behaviour. There's almost a turning point where they make dumplings together for the father (who dotes on DXS much to the consternation of LYZ) but then LXY comes and rubs it in his face that he is nothing and he spirals down with his ego again, and kicks her out of the house. People around him try to tell him that he should be kinder to DXS who has been taking care of the father religiously but he's too caught up with his own emotions to want to make amends, choosing to believe that letting her go is better for her own sake (since he amounts to nothing much right now). In E28, he gets extremely drunk, she helps him back to his room, stays up all night to take care of him as he is feverish. She falls asleep by his side (he has a dream about his mother telling him to let her go, and she gives him advice to appreciate the people by his side, lest he regret it). He wakes up, puts her in his bed, and leaves her with a letter. The letter expresses his feelings, the struggles he has been through, leading a life without much happiness and finally the joy he experienced with her around. But now, it's time for her to forget him, she should find her own happiness. She looks everywhere for him and eventually collapses out of weariness at the airport, SQ and the BF come to 'rescue' her.

In E29, she finds him again in a seaside location (I suspect where they have been before doing volunteer work for orphans? coz I haven't seen the earlier episodes), after being approached by the prison buddy who offers her some advice about him. She decides to strengthen her resolve to help LYZ pick himself up again. And things take a turn for the better, he accepts her and says he will treat her well from now on. But in E30, they go to a party with his friends and the look of discomfort is all over her face. She leaves halfway, especially after his ex-GF turns up. (I recall in an episode before he went to prison that she mentioned explicitly, she is someone who is insecure, and this is acting up on her.)

• Like 2

“It’s been 84 years”

After 3 years the drama is finally here and it was worth the wait I love the story line, the acting (the leads and supporting cast are superb), the chemistry, and most of the camera work. 

Shawn Dou is just sex on legs and every time he’s on screen it’s like *boom* “and then I was pregnant”, I looove Mr. Lei and he is the bar of male leads now (even though he grated a bit in the beginning). 

I’m up to ep 24 (waiting and grateful for eng subs) and the drama is *chef kiss* 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/12/2021 at 10:39 PM, MrsSoJiSub said:

Shawn Dou is just sex on legs and every time he’s on screen it’s like *boom* “and then I was pregnant”, I looove Mr. Lei and he is the bar of male leads now (even though he grated a bit in the beginning). 

I’m up to ep 24 (waiting and grateful for eng subs) and the drama is *chef kiss*

You are hilarious! When he started growing on me, I read his bio and realized he grew in up Vancouver, Canada!! That's where I'm from! 

Spoiler

Initially, I thought Leon Zhang was the ML until they killed him off....I've never seen any series with Shawn Dou until now.  I didn't like his character initially....but since Leon Zhang died...Shawn's character grew on me. 

After reviewing the current posts I realized this series was completed ages ago, how come it too so long for this series to be aired?  It's so good so far.  It was soo good that I couldn't wait for the subs to come out and just kept watching in Mandarin.....I only know Cantonese....and I think I kinda understood what was going on.  I will rewatch those eps again once the subs are out.  

19 hours ago, NYXbaby said:

After reviewing the current posts I realized this series was completed ages ago, how come it too so long for this series to be aired?  It's so good so far.  

censorship board probably? Glad, it's a drama that's up your alley. Some find certain scenes irrational and the noble idiocy rubs off wrongly for some viewers. But if you like watching Shawn Dou, then that's a huge pull factor. Stay tuned for this weekend's finale (VIP). Looks like there will be some sweet moments for the two.

• Like 1

On 7/22/2021 at 2:53 PM, SC2019 said:

censorship board probably? Glad, it's a drama that's up your alley. Some find certain scenes irrational and the noble idiocy rubs off wrongly for some viewers. But if you like watching Shawn Dou, then that's a huge pull factor. Stay tuned for this weekend's finale (VIP). Looks like there will be some sweet moments for the two.

Hi everyone, when do we get the final episodes I can't wait anymore. 

12 hours ago, sp17jcshipper said:

Hi everyone, when do we get the final episodes I can't wait anymore. 

it's out last night (VIP, china),  you probably can google and find it on some sites. Otherwise you'll have to wait I think till next week for WeTV.

• Like 1

I put this drama on hold for the moment.

It got pretty annoying so I'm just going to wait and see.

I got tired of the FL acting....is it just me?

Sorry to her fans. I'll probably get back on this later.

• Love 1

4 hours ago, ElleSor said:

I put this drama on hold for the moment.

It got pretty annoying so I'm just going to wait and see.

I got tired of the FL acting....is it just me?

Sorry to her fans. I'll probably get back on this later.

I watched My Dear Guardian all the way till the end, so I am used to parts where she (Li Qin) screams/ yells, which tbh took some getting used to. Other than that, her acting delivers the angst/ internal conflict required in the emotional scenes. Generally, it's the growth of certain characters, or lack of which at times, the choppy editing (I'll blame the censors), and as someone explained it in another forum, the nostalgia of early 2000's drama, with the plot, that I had some bones to pick with. Apparently the author of this novel, which the drama was loosely based on, is known to treat her characters quite badly, often giving non-HEs. So, we are supposedly blessed with this particular drama. And I might say, this drama is really not every one's cup of tea - some hate it, some are pining for the 2nd ML (if you can call SZR that) and some love it to bits.

The drama is now annoying me. It had a good beginning and middle, but this push towards the end…not even my panties drop love for Shawn Duo and Li Qin can save it. I absolutely loath dramas that tries to give everyone a happy ending/all is forgiven no comeuppance or consequences for the bad people and all that they had done. I absolutely detest what I feel is the retcon they doing to one character and all that surround them.

Like cool sob story but he’s still a conniving SOB that from the moment we met him, he and his now father in law were trying to bring down our ML, his father, and their company. I don’t want to spoil so I’ll stop here but I loath Lin, Mr. Jiang (do the writers want me to forget his schemes in the beginning? I’m I to forget he knows about [retracted] through a phone call but did nothing/kept it hidden for selfish reasons?), and Fanlu. The writer(s) had been (I’m caught up to ep 36) focusing waaaay too much screen time and energy to try to “redeem” them and not enough on our main couple and it is hurting the story and making annoyed with our leads. ML is an RickRoll'D who is ghosting our FL and the FL is easy too accepting and understanding of his ish for my liking. I would have been dumped him. 

Honestly the acting is fine (Li Qin is doing it better than Shawn Duo for me) but the writing and editing (scenes just be cutting off and it sometimes feels like we’ve missed a connecting scene etc) is making it bad. I came this far so I can’t quit now. I need to see how it ends even if it seems said end will anger me (I know the leads will get their HEA. The same being given to other characters who even till now are secretly sabotaging, is what angers me).