[Drama 2016-2017] Golden Pouch 황금주머니, Mon-Frid 20:55. Thanks for all your support!

0ly40

1 hour ago, jayakris said:

So any of you watching any other daily drama, worth starting on?   This drama will sadly end tomorrow, so I need something for daily fun :) ...

There have been a couple of them that I think might be good and have started watching.  

1. Rose of Sharon has bloomed.  - seems like a good one.  The actors are good so far - still too early to tell.  Writer seems to be an open book - has a previous decent drama which some actors got awards.  

2. Return of the lucky pot -  Seems to move pretty fast.  It is not subbed, but should be ok for you since you can understand.  I did not like some of the actors personally but they have good creds.  So, will have to see.  

I am winding down since I have become an addict, but will stay on soompi and keep a couple of them to view daily.  

**Edit

I watched Ten Miles of Peach Blossom (chinese) and Family is coming (Korean - with Kim ji han) which was subbed and really loved it.  The genre is different for the chinese, but worth watchable.  

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, jayakris said:

Couple of notes to add to @Ldy Gmerm's recap...

They said they were taking her in based on the Capital Market Act (자본시장법).  When Madam Sa asked, the other cop expained - "violation of insider trading rules" (내부자 거래 법 위반).  Basically JR got her for buying/selling shares.

Dr. Han said "I am going to leave", and JR said "What do you mean... you are leaving?", at the end of the preview.  Hmm... What is that about?

I think it is right thing for Dr.Han to leave for the time being he needs time to  heal and the space to process all the recent event that happen  imagine your worst enemy the cause  of all you misery save the woman you love and that heart is beating inside of the person you cherish  it is unthinkable ( kind of hard to let go ) no matter how much  DR loves SH it is really hard not to imagine NS face every time he saw SH let us hope he won't take too long to come back  

I am tired of crying, yet I love how the drama has progressed from being a somewhat lighthearted family story to a real heart wrenching love story.

I feel so sad looking at how Dr.Han has changed after  finding his real roots. That change had started when he got the first clues that his family  might be there somewhere. That was the time when he began to be more self centered, concentrated on himself. The goal of finding the roots and proving that he is the one real son has overshadowed everything else. I do understand him and his feelings  during that journey, but they also make me so very sad.  In this drama we see people who has hurt him, depriving him of his real family, but we also see how much he has hurt people that love him  while he  was searching for his family.  He is doing the right thing for himself but  that hurts  those who love him and who he cares for also.  It pains me to see how his relations with SH have changed. He was so gentle, kind and playful when there seemed to be no constraints to their love. He tried to touch her whenever  there was a chance. Now he is cool, sightly detached even in the  most intimate  episodes with SH, he does embrace her, but the real intimacy is gone.  He cares for her and loves her, but  there is something else there, as if an invisible barrier that doesn't allow them to be really close. She tried to break  this barrier once, when  she was crying asking him to let her in. He didn't. She stopped trying.  Their scenes together in the last episode were their parting  scenes. They love each other, but life pulls them apart. And none of them is brave enough to break that pull, to go against the grain.  She was thinking about going away. He is thinking about going away.  If now they both go their separate ways   that could be a beginning of a beautiful new story.  A story of a  true love that has no boundaries when two people really love each other. 

Ep 122 w/subs:

Wah-Wah-Wah and a couple of Boo-Hoos, what a tear-jerker episode, Crying me a river!  :bawling:

No one will say that Heroine is going to die but Heroine, and she says she doesn't want to die.  More Boo-Hoos. :cry:

The White Truck of Doom came along at exactly the right time and gave that mean Faker quite the smack.  Yup.  Smacked her right into being a donor for a heart transplant.  It's called Karma, baby.  

Everyone will gather at the hospital - Faker2 & DumbBro, probably even ExecDad will show.  He can tell FakerJr that he took care of his pesky wife. 

Best scene:  Viper storms into ExecDad's office to demand $$$ and gets dragged out begging and pleading.  Oh, and the scene showing Faker's shoes.  Those are some awesome shoes.  Shoes that will stay on when you get smacked by the White Truck of Doom are something special.  That must be what is meant by the saying: "Going out with your boots on." 

Ep 123 preview:  Don't know about the voice-overs in the operating room scene, think you are supposed to be dead when they remove your heart, maybe on life-support? 

Final episode will probably be 50% tear-jerker and 50% redemption.  Difficult to hate a dead person, all the 'baddies' will be in jail or dead.  What could be a happier ending? 

43 minutes ago, ira2a said:

They love each other, but life pulls them apart. And none of them is brave enough to break that pull, to go against the grain

Yes, it was really obvious he could not display his real love to her after finding out that they were half siblings. He finally confessed that she meant so much to him, but ..... that's as far as it can be. So heartbreaking for both to be in this forbidden love situation. After NS death, they should be able to break the barrier, but her death actually add more sorrows since Seolhwa will carry that burden of guilt, she survived because of the organ from the woman she hates. It will take a while to sink in that piecemeal truth. She needs time and space, in fact everyone who has an axe to grind with NS, will need time to digest her final sacrifice, unplanned but timely. 

As DrHan said to Seolhwa, he wished that he didn't come to Korea to seek his parents. The truth snowballed and uncovered instead a web of deceits and Seolhwa paid the highest price. She refuted him, she managed to meet and love him instead ... that was more heartbreaking for DrHan to hear. She was steadfast in her love for him despite the unfortunate circumstances she was tthrown in. How not to cry after hearing her sincere words.... she holds no bar to her Oppa.

My one wish for the ending that they meet again, and able to greet as lovers and not as siblings.

On 5/30/2017 at 3:03 PM, shebagirl said:

Whatever, will DrHan have the heart to perform the operation ..? He will have to transfer a throbbing organ from someone he was acquainted with once to another person he was in love with ..?  The idea is already unnerving... He has given his heart to Seolhwa once, but knowing that Seolhwa will be pumping this horrid lady's heart, will she be reciprocating his feeling with that new heart as genuine as she was before .... ??  Ha ha ha ..... sorry, am reading too much into this fiction about the heart that makes the new owner behaves like the donor .... as in the daily drama 'Love is drop by drop' ... cannot have Seolhwa loves Jisang instead ...?!

@shebagirl  I don't think your reading to much into this, Love drop by drop is a fine example of your thoughts. For the main lead who got female lead husband carried her husbands traits and feel madly in love with the widow wife and son loving him like his own child.. I wondering about this also will SHw actually thinks she has feelings for her mothers husband.. Will she develope all those wretched trairs her mother shown through the episodes.. Happy that it's ending could bare the thought of watching this drama as she makes these drastic changes.. 

24 minutes ago, shebagirl said:

My one wish for the ending that they meet again, and able to greet as lovers and not as siblings

In one of the previous dramas with the same male lead, his friend says " when  a man really loves a woman he will climb out of the bottomless pit to be with her".  

35 minutes ago, euraka said:

I think it is right thing for Dr.Han to leave for the time being he needs time to  heal and the space to process all the recent event that happen  imagine your worst enemy the cause  of all you misery save the woman you love and that heart is beating inside of the person you cherish  it is unthinkable ( kind of hard to let go ) no matter how much  DR loves SH it is really hard not to imagine NS face every time he saw SH let us hope he won't take too long to come back  

So true.  That was my reasoning for why I did not want NS heart for SH.  I wish Fake JS had died instead of NS.  I wouldn't mind his heart for her.  I too hope that Dr. Han comes back and finds his SH and live happily ever after.  

In his previous drama the male lead  was also leaving the country,  said last good-by  to his woman,  went through the check-out,  The plane took off. The man  came out of the passenger lounge, he  didn't take the plane. She was still there, crying and waiting.  He hugged her, saying " do you think I could leave without you?" She kissed him.  He reacted, "there are people around us".  She answered, "who cares!"   He answered with the kiss. 

9 hours ago, jayakris said:

Here is the conversation at the bench outside the hospital

Dr.H - Why are you out here? You can't be catching a cold.
SH - Oppa, I'm reminded of the day when you told me we that we would break up. Then the flowers (cherry blossoms) were falling like snow. But there's none of that now.
Dr.H - Do you know what I was thinking that day? "Why did I even come to S.Korea? Why did I look for my family?" If only I had done nothing, everybody would be just living happily. I regretted it.
SH - I don't regret it. Because you met me, oppa, you started a new life, and you could meet your parents again too. Even with that, I feel just fine. It's the person who gave birth to me who had ruined your life, oppa. I was able to help set things right on that. That it was me, was really fortunate.
SH - "Today is the end. My heart could stop beating even right now". As I was getting such thoughts, only one truth stayed with me - "I love you, oppa".

This just broke my heart. SH should really treasure SH. When she said "Today is the end". I thought she meant she knew she's going to die. But upon reflecting, I think she meant she has finally acknowledged the end of their relationship. That's why even if her heart stops beating, she has no regrets because everything has been set right for Dr Han now. She has nothing to worry or regret. And that she was the tool to set everything in its right place again. It is as if her usefulness on earth has come to an end.

2 hours ago, ira2a said:

In his previous drama the male lead  was also leaving the country,  said last good-by  to his woman,  went through the check-out,  The plane took off. The man  came out of the passenger lounge, he  didn't take the plane. She was still there, crying and waiting.  He hugged her, saying " do you think I could leave without you?" She kissed him.  He reacted, "there are people around us".  She answered, "who cares!"   He answered with the kiss. 

My Secret Hotel. Go Hae Young

4 hours ago, ira2a said:

In one of the previous dramas with the same male lead, his friend says " when  a man really loves a woman he will climb out of the bottomless pit to be with her".  

Which drama?

His agency interviewed him, I think he chose SH  over running away or reveling his true identity. (Google translation)

고 답했고 이어 “친아버지의 정체를 알게 된 후 설화와 이별을 택하겠는가”라는 질문에는 “도망 쳤을 것이다. 그리고 시간이 한참 지난 후에 애를 두 세명 데리고 나타날 것.”이라며 재치 있는 답변을 선보이기도. 

51 minutes ago, Once Upon Time said:

His agency interviewed him, I think he chose SH  over running away or reveling his true identity. (Google translation)

고 답했고 이어 “친아버지의 정체를 알게 된 후 설화와 이별을 택하겠는가”라는 질문에는 “도망 쳤을 것이다. 그리고 시간이 한참 지난 후에 애를 두 세명 데리고 나타날 것.”이라며 재치 있는 답변을 선보이기도. 

Is the above referring to today's final of Golden Pouch...? If so that would be the best decision. The parents he sought  after has been found, it would be in vain if he were to run away. I suppose using his name of Han would enable him to be with the woman he loves. After all the strict rules in the society are 'man made', and as I have pointed before, genetically they do not share any similar DNA.  They will not have inbred children.... like web feet.... hee hee hee. Only the elders will tut tut the union. If JR and Papa Geum agrees, the others will not know of his true link with the Yoon. Grandma dementia comes in handy here, she will not know that he is her grandson. I suppose Shin Woo got to keep his name as Joon Sang, since the registry is written as such. JR just need to add Han Seok Hoon, for purpose of inheritance I suppose. 

As Shakespeare wrote...' What's in a name ? that which we call a rose. By any other name would smell as sweet.'     A Han or a Yoon, DrHan is still the same rightful descendant of JR, brother of Jisang, no qualms to that birthright. 

Was feeling apprehensive at first about tonight's last (?) episode, but the above quote gave me the impulse to watch it. Thanks for the little insight of what's coming.....

1 hour ago, shebagirl said:
  1 hour ago, Once Upon Time said:

I run  this  sentence through Google Translate and got the following:   "If I knew the identity of my father, then would I choose to talk and separate?" And after a long time, I will show up with two or three kids. "  

Can we get a link to the interview, please?  Though  in several hours we'll know the exact answer, still the link would be nice ... :) 

Note to self: You are not watching a medical drama so you have to excuse the big inconsistencies. Without other doctors and nurses coming to help, the heart monitoring machine suddenly makes an appearance while the doctor is performing CPR to show a flatline. Whatever!

Hope viper goes to prison, first for insider trading and then for her other crimes. Guess those will just be mentioned, if ever. Then the momma viper will spend jail time for the hit-and-run + other crimes.

It's a pity that the writers ran out of time to think of other options. So NS met the truck of doom, gives heart to abandoned daughter to atone for all her sins. Left son, daughter, husband and others affected by her misdeeds to ponder the future. It seems faker will remain in the fold, prolly to take care of senile, clingy grandma.

What about Dr. Han and Seol Hwa? Guess they will have a happy ending after going through all those heartaches. It's convenient that NS is gone and grandma lost part of her memory. MK and DN will succeed in growing the dumpling business so Papa Geum can retire. He and Choo Ja can afford to go on trips. Ji Sang goes to the U.S. and will be visited by his real hyung and noona. JR will be happy. He's got his heir, who'll be doing plenty of good work for PJ Group. Maybe SH will head the production department; Shin Woo will work in the restaurant department but not in an executive capacity; Sae Na in the clothing department while Seok Hoon will be Chief Director of PJ Group and President of the medical foundation.

Trying hard to catch up on missed episodes...

Wow. That scene of NS being hit with that rumored truck of doom was graphic and unforgettable although I was one of the many to have predicted how NS would be taken down as an atonement of her sins. It should have come with a warning like "Viewer discretion is advised".

Have to agree with posters here about how cool and beautiful NS's gray heels were. NS is easily the best dressed in this drama.

MH could have taken some useful tips from her former MIL when she could. MH needs to learn and understand "Less is more". But I guess MH wouldn't be too bothered with fashion for a long time as she goes on a trial after her interrogation and waits to get sentenced for her part in the insider trading of company shares.

Two things I wished NS would have done before her accident. I wish she could have visited the late JJ at the temple behind the Yoon's to offer her apology. NS has a habit of talking to the late JJ in the trio's photograph but has never visited her BFF at the altar to come face-to-face with her misdeeds and admit her role and offer her apologies.

I agree with posters here that NS was an opportunist who simply went with the flow when Madam Eun's misconception of the boy holding the incense pouch at the bench was her missing grandson whom she has never met.

A small part of me had hoped to see a small hug between NS and the faker before she staggered off to be met with her fate. The faker has stood up for her and saw her as his mother figure despite all her nastiness and cold treatment of him. He has always called her his 'eomeoni'.

It's true the faker has monopolized Madam Eun's love, care and attention. NS knew what the faker had done for her but she has never told him she appreciated his efforts to support her although he was wrong to take all the responsibilities and tried to make her an innocent victim in the whole ordeal of switching the two boys 30 years ago.

Poor Dr. Han. It will be too traumatic for him to perform either surgeries. Be it the one to remove NS's heart or the operation to replace SH's heart. These are two women related and to have to witness the two women in the same OR and perform a life-saving procedure on SH or see how NS's chest is cut open to remove her heart is simply too cruel and unbearable. I hope the pool of doctors at the hospital are skillful and proficient enough to do a good job without the presence of Dr. Han.

I agree that it would be better for Dr. Han to relieve himself from where he is right now and come back after a time jump. He will not be able to endure the emotions and complications surrounding all the sudden events that happened consecutively in such a short span of time.

Sadly what Dr. Han told SH on that bench outside the hospital was true; that all the lies and deceits would not have been revealed had he chosen not to return to SK to locate his parents.

In my opinion, SH is still torn by her feelings when it comes to NS. On one hand, she hates NS for abandoning her. She despises her for what she has done to Dr. Han. On the other hand, she also told Dr. Han she is sorry to feel sad and has tears in her eyes whenever she sees NS.

Imagine how painful and difficult it would be for SH when she finds out later it is NS's heart that is keeping her alive...

What a sad drama this is.

@nrlfan4ever

LOL. I too need to remind myself we are not watching a medical drama.

SH's condition deteriorated rapidly due to a viral infection. Why isn't SH placed in an aseptic room? How come her visitors are allowed to interact and touch her freely without the need to sanitize themselves before entering her hospital room and are not required to at least wear a mask?

Why is SH allowed to remove the magic IV drip and move around when her condition probably calls for compulsory bed rest and her heart beat and other vitals need to be monitored? 

Thanks, @Ldy Gmerm and @angelwingssf for the drama suggestions.  I will check out of some of those and pick one to follow...  Yeah, I did take quick at "unknown woman" and it looks kinda uninteresting to me.  I will wait on the un-subbed ones.  Though I am fine with it, it's more fun when others are also following the drama and discussing it, which means it needs to be subbed!

With the magic IV drip who needs to be attached to all sorts of monitors? Who cares if the DCM is caused by a virus? A seriously sick heart patient, whose condition is rapidly deteriorating can go around wherever she wants in the hospital, as long as she's lugging that drip. There's a good doctor who's gonna run around looking for her, be it inside the hospital or outside.

Agree with many of you, Nan Seol carries her clothes real well. I too loved those gray shoes with gold toe insets. I saw some of her pictures when she was younger (she's 47 now) and she's maintained her figure. Nice.

The viewers are left to process the what ifs, the could have beens, and other scenarios because the production team spent too much time on issues that could have been resolved quickly and circuitous and repetitive story telling.

Golden Pouch was said to be a light, family, romance show. Alas it turned out to be a sad and heavy family drama.

Original synopsis: A delightful family drama with food background and a heartwarming romance between Sul Hwa, the 3rd daughter who has some questions regarding her status in the family, and a brilliant surgeon Suk Hoon who turns into a cook after he experienced some misfortunes.

Oh well. Lessons: Don't trust the synopsis; wait for more episodes to air before I watch; check out the drama forum at soompi. The take-away: Met new fellow international drama viewers to discuss/share thoughts and ideas about the drama and express views and comments intelligently. Thank you all and glad to meet you. See in in other dramas. New names to add to my list of wooden actors/actresses, hahaha.

5 hours ago, shebagirl said:

Is the above referring to today's final of Golden Pouch...? If so that would be the best decision. The parents he sought  after has been found, it would be in vain if he were to run away. I suppose using his name of Han would enable him to be with the woman he loves. After all the strict rules in the society are 'man made', and as I have pointed before, genetically they do not share any similar DNA.  They will not have inbred children.... like web feet.... hee hee hee. Only the elders will tut tut the union. If JR and Papa Geum agrees, the others will not know of his true link with the Yoon. Grandma dementia comes in handy here, she will not know that he is her grandson. I suppose Shin Woo got to keep his name as Joon Sang, since the registry is written as such. JR just need to add Han Seok Hoon, for purpose of inheritance I suppose. 

As Shakespeare wrote...' What's in a name ? that which we call a rose. By any other name would smell as sweet.'     A Han or a Yoon, DrHan is still the same rightful descendant of JR, brother of Jisang, no qualms to that birthright. 

Was feeling apprehensive at first about tonight's last (?) episode, but the above quote gave me the impulse to watch it. Thanks for the little insight of what's coming.....

I personally don't think he needs to run away. He's already spent 30 years roaming the world in search of his family. He doesn't need to roam anymore. He needs to face his demons and bond with his family....even his grandmother who has blocked the truth.

I really liked this drama but disappointed that it waited until the end to throw so much in here with no real development.....just bam, bam, bam of reveal after reveal and no time to develop the characters' reactions. I also thought the ending was very predictable and something I saw a long time ago when they bought up the heart issue.  The questions will be will they both live or will one die. I understand the symbolism in that to pay for her crimes NS gives her heart to the daughter she discarded and make it possible for SH to find happiness with Dr. Han. I have to wonder would Dr. Han's mother be happy with NS' daughter for her son after everything that NS did? She's a nice person, but I'm not sure she would like it.

The writer has just pounded on a load of guilt to SH and her brother considering that they had harsh words to say to their mother before she died. Words she deserved, but the guilt will be with them forever.  Sadly, if SH gets a new heart, the life expectancy is between 5 to 10 years....sucks around.

Quick Recap of Episode 122 (Final)

Spoiler

Dr. Han continues CPR on Seol Hwa until her heart starts again. The Dr. comes in to tell Papa G and Dr. Han to come down to the ER for something (or to just notify them he needs to see them.)

Faker is with NS who tells him something and then tells him something about Seol Hwa. DR,. Han and Papa G come up and she says something and Dr. Han goes to turn away and she calls out to him requesting perhaps he save Seol Hwa using her heart. Dr. Han pauses not sure what to do. NS looks at Papa G and raises her hand calling him Oppa and he takes it.

In the hall Ji-Sang and JR meet up upset and race to her bedside. Papa G moves out the way and JR takes his place.JR calls out Yeobo and she looks at him saying sorry. Ji-Sang takes Fakers spot and calls out Eomma and NS calls his name before dying and drops the photo of Seol Hwa she had in her hand. Papa G is crying along with the rest.

NS is rolled into the waiting area and Seol Hwa is rolled next to her and we hear her voice over as she says finally she is able to do something for her daughter and she loves her. Seol Hwa is rolled into ER and we see Dr. Han dressed to perform her surgery. We see him make the cut to remove her old heart.

Papa G and Mama G sit in the waiting area and Mama G is fretting with Papa G crying (he has lost both of his sisters. ) Mama may have wondered who provided a heart and Papa G tells her it was NS who has died and gave her heart to Seol Hwa and Mama G is shocked and now understands why Papa G is crying as he talks about his sister or sisters. She tries to give him comfort.

JI-Sang and Faker share a moment at the hospital and Ji-Sang fells regret possibly about his mother as he talks to faker crying.

JR goes home and goes over to NS's dressing table and sees her wedding ring on top of a note to him. He sit down and reads it and we see NS in the back shown as she writes it (or is this her spirit) in a bright light and she looks over at him upset. JR finishes the letter and cries and turns to look back at that area and breaks down.

Papa G and Mama G are waiting at Seol Hwa's bedside for her to wake up and they talk. Seol Hwa opens her eyes and tries to sit calling out to them but they tell her to not move and pushes her back down. Seol Hwa realizes she has got a new heart.

JR, Ji Sang and Dr. Han come to the house from the funeral and Halmoni still out of it wonder about why they are dressed that way perhaps and JR say something about NS and she rattles on something and Ji-Sang calls out to her and goes over and hugs her and she comforts him in her confused state.

JR and Dr. Han talk in his study and Dr. Han tells him he is leaving and JR. asks you are leaving? And he asks about Seol Hwa and Dr. Han responds. (Not sure if he asks if its because of Seol Hwa or asks how she is doing.)

Dr. Han goes in to talk to Halmoni who is embroidering and they have a nice chat. Not sure if he tells her to make sure she takes care of herself or not but she says ok and then remarks something about JS and Dr. Han has tears in his eyes.

Faker is in to see Seol Hwa and tells her that it was her mother who provided the heart and that her last thoughts perhaps were of her. Faker gives Seol Hwa the picture NS was carrying around of her (not sure why he thought to tell her this when she just came out of surgery hours if not days ago.)

Faker comes out of the room as Dr. Han gets to the door. He speaks to Dr. Han and finally gives the Pouch back to its rightful owner.  They share a moment as Dr. Han talks about or they both remember playing in the forest together and the picture that young JS gave to KSW. Dr. Han tells him he is his only friend.

We see faker later in the hall looking at the address and phone number of his father KPD that Dr. Han provided him.

Seol Hwa is sitting up holding the picture crying Eomma and DR. Han opens the door to watch her a moment then he closes it and walks away into the light.

Time Jump (not sure how long it was)

Papa G and MK have a dumpling factory and Mr. Kim runs up working for them (awesome, we all figured he would end up working for Papa G.) They have a meeting and MK brings up Papa G to say a few words to the room and Papa G is his humble self.

DN is cooking food for her MIL's release from jail. CJ has the baby and they talk and then She passes the baby to DN (cute kid) and talk some more. Mama G tells DN to wait and goes to the fridge to get the bag of Tofu for her to take.

Madam Sa is released from prison (prolly got 2 years) and she looks up at the sun happy to feel it. MK and DN run up and she asks after the baby and is told CJ has her and DN says her mother sent the tofu and she tells DN to thank her mom  for it. She asks about MH and they tell her something. Madam Sa takes a bite enjoying the sun on her face as she looks up.

Faker is now living with his father and we see them walking up the street with bags sharing a moment.  They are talking when his father sees MH waiting for faker and says he will go on ahead taking the bags. MH is standing there smiling (figured this would happen too.) and faker looks at her and starts to smile as well.

Ji-Sang is at the company and runs up to talk to SN and she acts like she has no time (NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO) and she turns around and kisses him which flusters him but he likes it.

Later we see her at the house and she talks to Madam Eun and she gets up to get something and JR comes out sees her greeting her warmly and she says something and he replies looking sad for  a min and SN goes to Madam Eun's room.

Mama G and Papa G share a moment at the shop and she mentions missing Dr. Han perhaps or wondering how he is doing. Papa G imparts some wise words and we see a camera shot of his making a dumpling.

Seol Hwa is out on location (she looks so cute with her hair down and cute clothing) and she happens to look through the lens of the camera and sees the back of Dr. Han she thinks she is seeing things. and turns away. Later we see her walking the stepping stones and she looks at the watch he gave her and remembers when he gave it to her and his words. Seol Hwa sighs and continues on and steps on an unstable stone and is about to fall in the pond when a hand grabs her wrist and she turns stunned to see him and he says something to her and then pulls her over to his stone and takes both of her hands and she calls out "Oppa" and He says something else and Seol Hwa and she smiles with tears in her eyes and they look at one another.. Open ending with them back together..

End of drama.

Video Credit MBCdrama Channel on Youtube.

Way too much story line of others in the last episode.. We should have seen the reunion of Seol Hwa and Dr. Han before anyone else and everyone else should have had a min or two for us to clean up their story lines. Instead the later part of the episode was dominated by everyone else after the time jump and only a few mins of Seol Hwa and Dr. Han reuniting. Oh well it at least it was open with us seeing he came back for her and them starting again. (Frankly I think there should have been one more episode for Seol Hwa and Dr. Han.)

Thanks to everyone who shared the journey with me in this thread. Some of you I have spent time with in other daily drama threads and some I have just met in this thread. It has been a pleasure to read your thoughts, opinions and speculations. I hope to cross paths with you in other drama threads again.

@jayakris thanks for the translations it was greatly appreciated. @sk0317 thank you for your synopsis of scenes as well.  @0ly40 thanks for providing clips for us. If I missed anyone else who provided clips or translations it was not intentional thank you for your hard work..

Archived