[Drama 2016-2017] Golden Pouch 황금주머니, Mon-Frid 20:55. Thanks for all your support!

0ly40

4 hours ago, watchumlots said:

Can't wait to see the next episode where they will hear of a fatality in the ER room, run down to find it is none other than... Faker!  Our HeartDr won't mind slicing her open to extract her heart.  Wouldn't it be hilarious if it truly was stone?  Uh-oh, can't use this one, it's calcified.  It's... why, it's... stone!  

What if when they sliced her open and there was no 'heart' ...? After all she was 'heartless' all along wasn't she..?  Or else the heart she had was bad , as it stinks ... she had live as a 'bad hearted'  person too...!

Whatever, will DrHan have the heart to perform the operation ..? He will have to transfer a throbbing organ from someone he was acquainted with once to another person he was in love with ..?  The idea is already unnerving... He has given his heart to Seolhwa once, but knowing that Seolhwa will be pumping this horrid lady's heart, will she be reciprocating his feeling with that new heart as genuine as she was before .... ??  Ha ha ha ..... sorry, am reading too much into this fiction about the heart that makes the new owner behaves like the donor .... as in the daily drama 'Love is drop by drop' ... cannot have Seolhwa loves Jisang instead ...?!

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOL - The 'heart' possibilities are many:  heart-less, heart-of-stone, black heart, heart-of-ice, cold-hearted, hard-hearted...

Let's hear it!   Bring it! 

And, you HAD TO KNOW that the truck was going to plow her down.  THAT, or a car accident.  Was wondering if Faker would get mowed-down saving DumbBro who was running away from her after hearing his mother is a creature-from-the-black-lagoon and Heroine is his half-sister.  He really had a thing for her, stepping aside in favor of his elder brother, who isn't even his brother!  Poor DumbBro.  Remember when his mother was dissing Heroine as not fit for their family?  Now he knows his own mother was dissing her own daughter.  His family is soooo messed-up!

It's gonna get sooo much better... Image what ExecDad is thinking when he signs the consent forms for organ donation?  Hope they have a voice-over for that part. 

After Seolhwa expressed her heart desire to DrHan as her parting words .. ' I love you Oppa '. .. , he felt so disheartened at the way he treated her when she pleaded with him once to comfort her. He was certainly coldhearted , and now that she is dying and expressed her heartfelt feelings, he could not help it but just shed tears of remorse. His 'heart aches' for those times they were so playful together and had memorable days walking to the office and chatting freely. She was his heartthrob..... until he found his family.   When the opportunity came for  him to perform the transplant, he could not refuse this heart wrenching ordeal. He succeeded in the operation, of which Papa Geum was indebted wholeheartedly. MamaGeum and the girls cannot help being thankful and expressed their gratitude to DrHan smiling heartily.  Jisang came and visit his 'newly found' sister and he later said his heartiest thanks to his new Hyung. 

Huh .... any more hearts dear ...? 

Funnily Dr Han never activate code red/blue for emergency so that the team will rush in the kit to get the heart to beat instead of Dr Han kept pumpin & pumping. I was truly surprised when they shot the heart monitor going flat line. I was wondering where's the monitor and how come no nurses and doc come to rescue.

Quick Recap of Episode 121:

Spoiler

Episode starts with a continuation of NS in Seol Hwa's hospital room upset that her "sorry's" are not working. Seol Hwa let's her have it denying her as her mother and taking her to tasks perhaps on Dr. Han's life due to her awful deed. Seol Hwa has chest pains and NS moves closer to help but Seol Hwa shakes off her hand and rejects it telling her to leave and get out of her life and NS can only do that crying.

Dr. Han is sitting outside after hearing that Seol Hwa needs a heart transplant. Papa G comes up and sits by him and he talks to Papa G and he is about to cry and Papa G wonders if something is wrong with Seol Hwa but Dr. Han still hides the seriousness of it from the man.

Meanwhile JR comes into his office and is informed of something by his assistant (could it be about the stocks that MH got and then had to sell?) Whatever he says makes JR's face go tight as it has something to do with MH I bet.

MH is outside the flat and mumbles to herself that she is not the cause of Seol Hwa's illness perhaps (or she is just still blaming Seol Hwa, at this point it does not matter because I see her as obsessed over Seol Hwa.) Madam Sa comes out to say something and then MK who again is trying to take the two vipers to task only to be shot down by the mess MH spouts. The police arrive with Sirens blazing and 4 get out of the car, two detectives and two officers to walk over and asks her if she is MH and she says yes and they tell her they are taking her in. MH says something and they responds with Madam Sa making noises and MK shocked. MH tries to assure her mother all will be well or its a mistake as she goes with them. MK says something and Madam Sa replies and goes rushing off to confront JR.

Madam Sa bust into JR's office and starts in about exposing his family secret much to his assistants futile efforts to get her out. JR just looks at her and say something about her trying to start a scandal and something else which makes Madam Sa have to pause and she tries to plead with him over MH which JR is having none of it considering her daughter knew all about it and she did too perhaps. JR tells his assistant to get her out and the man has to try to drag her out while she hits him. (LOL, well that threat fizzled out and went bust.) Those who live in glass houses should never cast stones....

Dr. Han meets with MK and DN and gives them the black box video of the hit and run and tells them to handle his mother and the situation since he is dealing with Seol Hwa and her situation and DN asks about her condition but he has nothing positive to say and MK looks at him knowing the situation is grave.

MK goes home and his mother is sitting there fretting over MH. (Come on Lady your daughter deserves this and much more for what she tried to do and all the havoc she has wrought on people!) MK tries to tell his mother perhaps about Dr. Han knowing what she did and she needs to turn herself in. Madam Sa tries to continue to get out of it perhaps but MK tells her that he wants his child's grandmother to perhaps do the right thing and be around so that the child can have her in his life. Madam Sa cries ( I hate to say it but just Wow, it is very hard for me to see this woman crying. I remember her before the work on her face and her face barely moves now.) and MK hugs her. Hopefully he got through to her that its time to pay for her crime(s).

Papa G, Mama G and SN come to Seol Hwa's room but she is out. The doctor comes in looking for her and they stop him as he goes out and asks about Seol Hwa and he tells them about her condition (this guy should have waited for Dr. Han.) they are upset and he runs out realizing he made a mistake and Seol Hwa is standing outside the door having hears as well. The doctor leaves. Papa G comes out trying to catch him and sees Seol Hwa who is crying and she rips out the IV and goes running off with Papa G stunned for a min then he starts calling for her looking. He meets Dr. Han with DN and he tells them Seol Hwa ran off after hearing what the Dr. said and Dr. Han goes running off to search for her.

Dr. Han sees her from a distance shuffling in a daze and then goes over when she stoops down crying and they talk and she tells him she wants to live and he tries to comfort her finally hugging her as Papa G watches and listens and cries as he slides to the floor as well.

He walks her back to the room and Mama G is waiting and she tries to comfort her and Mama G says things then hugs Seol Hwa as they both cry. Mama G says something to Dr. Han and tries to have a brave face (so not working in this situation) and Seol Hwa again tries to comfort and SN says something.  Dr. Han steps out and Papa G is outside the door on the floor and Dr. Han calls out and Papa G gets on his knees and asks if he can give his heart to save Seol Hwa and then cries as Dr. Han holds him. The scene is witnessed by Ji-Sang who came to see Seol Hwa. He hears all about Seol Hwa  and her condition and he leaves crying. 

Ji Sang leaves and goes to visit NS who is at a coffee shop and looking at the picture of Seol Hwa in her wedding dress. They talk she say sorry and he mentions Dr. Han again perhaps and tells her about Seol Hwa needing a heart crying and NS is upset to hear it.

Seol Hwa is sitting outside with no coat or robe on and Dr. Han comes up to place a blanket around her getting on her perhaps and they talk and she tells him if she only has that moment or something and says she loves him and he holds her.

He takes her back to the room where the family is waiting and she is not in for a min before she collapses with everyone calling out to her. Dr. Han has her on the bed performing CPR with no responses and we see NS come to the door to hear the commotion and see Dr. Han doing chest compression and she is upset over it and wonders away.

Faker was coming into the hospital and sees her she has the picture of Seol Hwa in her hand. She looks at him and mentions about Seol Hwa being so ill and he tries to help her but NS is out of it and he goes to turn away and in her distraught state she staggers off and right into the path of a truck that takes her out as Faker turns around to see NS on the ground with one shoe off. Faker runs over and we can see NS eyes are open with her clutching the photo as blood runs down beside her.The vital signs for Seol Hwa flat line at that moment and Dr. Han Screams her name. 

The End.

Preview:

NS is in the ER and Faker calls out to her. NS opens her eyes and mumbles about Seol Hwa and passes out. The Dr. rolls out Seol Hwa as the family looks on. Seol Hwa is in surgery. Seol Hwa is rolled past NS with her voice over perhaps saying about loving someone and we hear Ji-Sang in the voice over saying Eomma crying. Dr. Han is in the Hallway next to Seol Hwa door then turns away with him saying walking down the hallway and we hear JR say something.

Video Credit MBCdrama Chanel on YouTube.

*recap done from memory of raw episode scenes may be out of order*

I was so happy to see MH get taken in by the police. That witch thinks she will be getting out of this but she will not. Hopefully it is the start of her waking up to the fact that she is responsible for her own life and actions and that no one is to blame except maybe her mother. Now all we need is for Madam Sa to get hers.

I feel bad for Ji-Sang but at least he got to see her one last time before her death and NS got to really feel remorse for her actions and help her daughter as well. Some of you did not want her heart to go to Seol Hwa and although we know that NS was a monster.. We know that she had moments were she was a good person. No way could have raised a son like Ji-Sang and not be. I think her guilt and turmoil over Seol Hwa the last few days finally hit her and her only thought was of Seol Hwa in the end so I do not think her daughter having her heart would turn Seol Hwa into a bad person.

NS finally was made to see that her actions affected so many people. She lost her son and she lost the daughter she abandoned and rejected as her actions harmed the woman mentally and psychically. She betrayed her brother Papa G and her sister JJ. She hurt JJ's son and her husband and her actions harmed her MIL. Karma made sure that she gave back to her daughter in order for her daughter to live a happy life hopefully with the man she loves who NS wronged.

IT was the only way for everyone with time to be able to move on. NS needed to be removed completely from the picture. Her just leaving with the ability to come back and spy on everyone would not work. NS needed to be made to make the ultimate sacrifice and that is what happened.

Let me say this was another emotional and teary episode for me.. It was SO GOOD!!!!

I hate to say it because the episode was so emotional and covered a sad moment, but I love those gray heels NS was wearing.. LOL..

The monitor showed a flat line .... how can they do a transplant after the heart has stopped beating ..? To revive they need to jump start the heart. DrHan was not seen with any of the instrument to electrified the heart to beat again. Well, they just wheel her into the ICU but that many seconds will make her dead. Well, this is kdrama, so she will make it I suppose. To think I mentioned in jest about her going through a final with a flat line registering at the monitor ..... !!!

@jayakris many words was said between Seolhwa and DrHan... appreciate if you can let us all here know her exact thoughts.

1 hour ago, shebagirl said:

The monitor showed a flat line .... how can they do a transplant after the heart has stopped beating ..? To revive they need to jump start the heart. DrHan was not seen with any of the instrument to electrified the heart to beat again. Well, they just wheel her into the ICU but that many seconds will make her dead. Well, this is kdrama, so she will make it I suppose. To think I mentioned in jest about her going through a final with a flat line registering at the monitor ..... !!!

@jayakris many words was said between Seolhwa and DrHan... appreciate if you can let us all here know her exact thoughts.

Maybe the flat line is just a clif hanger. Tomorrow we might see after Dr Han screamed her name in such heart brokenness that SW heart might just jolted back to life ...beep ... beep... beating again. 

There must be some time passed between the scene knocked down and NS being put on hospital bed. Note that she wasn't lying on an emergency bed but more on a regular bed before she passed out while trying to give JS faker a message.

1 hour ago, shebagirl said:

Here is the conversation at the bench outside the hospital

Dr.H - Why are you out here? You can't be catching a cold.
SH - Oppa, I'm reminded of the day when you told me we that we would break up. Then the flowers (cherry blossoms) were falling like snow. But there's none of that now.
Dr.H - Do you know what I was thinking that day? "Why did I even come to S.Korea? Why did I look for my family?" If only I had done nothing, everybody would be just living happily. I regretted it.
SH - I don't regret it. Because you met me, oppa, you started a new life, and you could meet your parents again too. Even with that, I feel just fine. It's the person who gave birth to me who had ruined your life, oppa. I was able to help set things right on that. That it was me, was really fortunate.
SH - "Today is the end. My heart could stop beating even right now". As I was getting such thoughts, only one truth stayed with me - "I love you, oppa".

Couple of notes to add to @Ldy Gmerm's recap...

3 hours ago, Ldy Gmerm said:

The police arrive with Sirens blazing and 4 get out of the car, two detectives and two officers to walk over and asks her if she is MH and she says yes and they tell her they are taking her in. MH says something...

They said they were taking her in based on the Capital Market Act (자본시장법).  When Madam Sa asked, the other cop expained - "violation of insider trading rules" (내부자 거래 법 위반).  Basically JR got her for buying/selling shares.

3 hours ago, Ldy Gmerm said:

Dr. Han is in the Hallway next to Seol Hwa door then turns away with him saying walking down the hallway and we hear JR say something

Dr. Han said "I am going to leave", and JR said "What do you mean... you are leaving?", at the end of the preview.  Hmm... What is that about?

23 hours ago, watchumlots said:

Our HeartDr won't mind slicing her open to extract her heart.  Wouldn't it be hilarious if it truly was stone?  Uh-oh, can't use this one, it's calcified.  It's... why, it's... stone!  

@watchumlots, I love your sense of humour ! Makes me laugh. :D

37 minutes ago, jayakris said:

Dr. Han said "I am going to leave", and JR said "What do you mean... you are leaving?", at the end of the preview.  Hmm... What is that about?

DrHan must have felt responsible for the upheaval that had affected three households. His presence no doubt revealed the wrong doings of NS, but since it affected Seolhwa .. the woman he loves .... his new found family only brought him  more heartaches. He had to witness the frauds spun by the Bae and his presence even caused the Geum family to take a fall in their business. It was not a happy ending that he envisaged. Jisang, his brother had to lose his dearest mother, Shin Woo lost 30 years of his life as Joon Sang, a difficult transformation for anyone to go through from having a family for so long, and lost it and to start a new unknown future alone. Was the price for 'justice' worthwhile at the end...?  

To me DrHan should not run away. His presence is needed to give comfort and solace to the Geum and Yoon. JR and granny were cheated of their real offspring, and his mother ( as he mentioned once while speaking to her at the temple) must have directed him to correct the wrong started by NS. But it was at the expense of Seolhwa that hurt him most. His happiness with her was so brief, and even if she survive they will still not able to love one another. He should seek the next best course , to be with his new family and build bonds between them ..... Time will be the best healer....

2 hours ago, shebagirl said:

@shebagirl - even though I don't have a medical degree, how is that SH is walking around when she is described as a ticking time bomb/.  They have hooked her up with an IV and most of the time, she is either walking around or pulling her IV and running somewhere and she wants to live.  I know it is k-drama but, writers, please make it realistic.  There was no monitoring either.  So weird!!

Already subbed on hdfr**.se

1 hour ago, jayakris said:

DrHan must have felt responsible for the upheaval that had affected three households. His presence no doubt revealed the wrong doings of NS, but since it affected Seolhwa .. the woman he loves .... his new found family only brought him  more heartaches. He had to witness the frauds spun by the Bae and his presence even caused the Geum family to take a fall in their business. It was not a happy ending that he envisaged. Jisang, his brother had to lose his dearest mother, Shin Woo lost 30 years of his life as Joon Sang, a difficult transformation for anyone to go through from having a family for so long, and lost it and to start a new unknown future alone. Was the price for 'justice' worthwhile at the end...?  

To me DrHan should not run away. His presence is needed to give comfort and solace to the Geum and Yoon. JR and granny were cheated of their real offspring, and his mother ( as he mentioned once while speaking to her at the temple) must have directed him to correct the wrong started by NS. But it was at the expense of Seolhwa that hurt him most. His happiness with her was so brief, and even if she survive they will still not able to love one another. He should seek the next best course , to be with his new family and build bonds between them ..... Time will be the best healer....

48 minutes ago, jayakris said:

So any of you watching any other daily drama, worth starting on?   This drama will sadly end tomorrow, so I need something for daily fun :) ...

So we are ending at 122 instead of 123?

Just as I thought after watching the subs. NS finally realized what she did and felt her daughter was paying for her sins. The preview also plays her voice over to say she was finally able to do something for her Daughter and saying she loved her.

Even with subs this drama again tugged at my tear ducts and made them over flow. I feel that Dr. Han may indeed leave for a bit. If nothing else there needs to be some distance. It's not that he does not love Seol Hwa or want to be with her. With NS gone there is no reason for them not to be together but the situation will still be too fresh given the death of NS and Seol Hwa getting her heart. It will take a bit of time for everyone to heal and to come to grips that NS is gone and she paid for her crimes in the ultimate way. I think a small time jump may be in order with him coming back and Seol Hwa healthy and they will meet again and be together. I just hope if that happens we are not deprived of the wedding and a bit of their life together. But if we only have one more episode then its possible we may only see them meet again with an open ending.

Spoiler

There are a few that started in the last week to 3 days ago. One unfortunately is not being subbed as of yet. (I hope that changes) The Return of the Lucky Pot/Return of Bok Dan JI MBC drama, Lovers in Bloom/The Rose of Sharon has Bloom (started this week, 3eps in with subs) KBS 1 drama, Teacher Oh Soo Nam MBC drama, Sweet Enemy starts on the 12th on SBS. There is also Nameless Woman (but it is a bit boring at the moment.

Others in the thread may have more suggestions.

Archived