[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Martial Universe 武动乾坤

sugarplum892

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey all, I have just started on this...and have finished the first 4 eps. It looks interesting enough but I’m uncertain about spending more hours on it. Looks like it could get draggy.

The pull is of cos Yáng Yang. Heh. But I am in two minds about his character - he reminds me of Tony Leung’s Zhang Wuji which I loved (if you are familiar with HOng Kong dramas 20 yrs ago), but he is also kinda annoyingly immature. 

Their sets end and costumes are pretty impressive - I do like fantasy. The rest of the cast are rather likable.

BuT is it worth the time investment? 

I'm at episode 20!

Although I am a little disturbed seeing yang yang acting cute...but because I am a fan of his look...:joy: I'm overlooking this and find the story interesting so far!

Anyone play pokemon?

I can't stop laughing at the so called demon Lord as I find it looking like cloyster but in green colour.... LOL

latest?cb=20160809162954

After watching 15 episodes I dropped this drama , plot is really not upto my interest but still because I like huan Huan the most so decided to watch the last 10 episodes. 

Season 1 was really not upto the mark .

But season 2 seems interesting. 

006qiKvgly1fvdibhp0roj30ku1111kx.jpg

006qiKvgly1fvdibjtp77j30ku1114qp.jpg

I'd finished all 40 epi. and not sure how i felt about, i think the storyline is a bit wacky, i thought about dropping it after watching nearly halfway but i hate to start something and not finished it and thinking maybe it could get better.

Now with season 2..the stills look great and at this time i'm debating whether i should continue or just forget it.. Let's see if i'll be in the mood when season 2 starts.

4 hours ago, mrsj3n said:

Eh.. why is Lin Dong and gang getting so naive? :smirk:

Heh. I am watching even eps so I can get past all that and still know what’s going on. 

Appreciate any advice about when it wld be a good time to watch consecutive eps?

like when they get down to biz :)

• sugarplum892 changed the title to [Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Martial Universe 武动乾坤
On 9/20/2018 at 10:08 AM, UnniSarah said:

@wangnyeo ... welcome chingu  I too am a new fan . Have you seen all 40 episodes .. I want to talk to someone about it. 

Hi dear chingo , Yes just finished marathon them all last 4 days :D! Me too dying to talk & spazz about this drama so much , but I thought I was alone :tears:! thanks all for keeping up this thread alive . I am active almost all the time on twitter too , if anyone interested please let’s be friends to spaz more about this drama & Yang Yang @Dr_Nooona :wub:

47 minutes ago, wangnyeo said:

Hi dear chingo , Yes just finished marathon them all last 4 days :D! Me too dying to talk & spazz about this drama so much , but I thought I was alone :tears:! thanks all for keeping up this thread alive . I am active almost all the time on twitter too , if anyone interested please let’s be friends to spaz more about this drama & Yang Yang @Dr_Nooona :wub:

Hi  I found you  @wangnyeo   let’s chat

On 9/20/2018 at 2:36 PM, rocat said:

Hey all, I have just started on this...and have finished the first 4 eps. It looks interesting enough but I’m uncertain about spending more hours on it. Looks like it could get draggy.

The pull is of cos Yáng Yang. Heh. But I am in two minds about his character - he reminds me of Tony Leung’s Zhang Wuji which I loved (if you are familiar with HOng Kong dramas 20 yrs ago), but he is also kinda annoyingly immature. 

Their sets end and costumes are pretty impressive - I do like fantasy. The rest of the cast are rather likable.

BuT is it worth the time investment? 

Hi , me too started watching this only for Yang Yang , it’s a new genre for me by all means ! I am not into manga , anime or fantasy dramas at all !! First 4 episodes were like a new experience to me ! couldn’t understand the story or adapt to its flow ! but by finishing ep 5 , something like a magic has happened ! The story became so clear & each character too has became so defined ! at that moment I started to be hooked to the drama & kept watching all the episodes back to back & spent literally sleepless nights to do that ! I have read some reviews about this drama but I believe their disappointment because they read the novel or the manga so surely they couldn’t help but to keep comparing things ! Regarding the acting , though I am a big Yang Yang fan but I can see he needs to improve his acting but it’s not his fault that the character required him to play the immature playful guy on the first 20s episode ! I believe he did a good job in portraying his character, if anyone interested to see Yang Yang acting as a mature adult, please go & watch him slaying these roles on Love O2O & the whirlwind girl but don’t blame the actor for conveying well the immaturity of his character ! About the story itself , it was an enjoyable journey for me . I liked how Lin Dong character has been built over the episodes. In my opinion the flow pace was quite adequate, neither rushed nor slow ! Adding to that the fact that this drama has almost everything! Comic scenes, melodrama, fantasy, adventure, youth , friendship, brotherhood, family, loyalty, experiencing first love & true love, mentor - mentee relationship. Also the cinematography is perfect ! for me each episode was like watching a movie! the quality of the effects were really great , it’s indeed a high quality fantasy drama :wub:  

My feedback & recommendation about this drama: 

This basically will be divided into 4 categories! 

1- If you are a Yang Yang fan; just proceed & watch it without any hesitation, surely you would love it. It’s great to see a total new side of him portraying an adorable character like Lin Dong who is carefree kid, mischievous, playful & cheerful! 

2- If you are a fan of fantasy drama, also would recommend you to check out this one because I believe it’s a high quality fantasy drama & deserves a chance to be checked out. 

3- If you are not fan of either this genre nor Yang Yang, still would recommend you to watch it & give it a try at least till finishing ep 5, where everything becomes so clear, so you can have a better chance of deciding wisely whether to continue or drop it out though I believe you may like it just like me who have watched this genre for the first time ever yet have loved it .

4- Here is the critical category! Those who have read the novel or the drama ! you probably would be disappointed because the drama didn’t take after the novel or the manga on their details specially about the main lead character traits ! I can understand your disappointment but maybe you would enjoy it if you decided to watch it without concerning so much over these differences !

I think Qing Tan has more hug/hand holding scenes with Lin Dong than the females leads. Heh.

I am at Ep 36 after fwding past the draggy bits and now, like the characters, I feel like I have also cultivated some level of internal strength to watch till the end. Lolz. The eps from 35 on get better if you can tolerate the  melodramatic soliloquies tt somehow bridges holes in the plot till then. Transitions that make me go what? several times an ep are decreasing quite steadily.

Sigh. Yang Yang will be the death of me. Or not.

I was reading his interviews...came across as grounded, ambitious and rather chauvinistic. He also is ultra confident about his appearance to the point of being a tad smug. Good thing he’s still likeable.

23 hours ago, rocat said:

I think Qing Tan has more hug/hand holding scenes with Lin Dong than the females leads. Heh.

I am at Ep 36 after fwding past the draggy bits and now, like the characters, I feel like I have also cultivated some level of internal strength to watch till the end. Lolz. The eps from 35 on get better if you can tolerate the  melodramatic soliloquies tt somehow bridges holes in the plot till then. Transitions that make me go what? several times an ep are decreasing quite steadily.

Sigh. Yang Yang will be the death of me. Or not.

I was reading his interviews...came across as grounded, ambitious and rather chauvinistic. He also is ultra confident about his appearance to the point of being a tad smug. Good thing he’s still likeable.

Yang Yang gonna be the end of me too :wub:

252d1442d349831bfe5d544ef038bc04.jpg

Ep 37. Not sure if I you alluv watched...

Spoiler

They made such a big deal about how difficult it was to enter one of the 3 great sects. But LD just had to slap the ground twice to shatter the green stone. Huh?! I had to laugh.

All the hulabaloo QZ had to go thru to allow a male to be accepted in the Purity palace was for naught. Perhaps that was to demo her dedication to the Emblem master and LD but I thought it was a real slap in her face and a totally unnecessary scene when there was a possibility of acceptance from the others. So odd.

51 minutes ago, rocat said:

Ep 37. Not sure if I you alluv watched...

Hide contents

They made such a big deal about how difficult it was to enter one of the 3 great sects. But LD just had to slap the ground twice to shatter the green stone. Huh?! I had to laugh.

All the hulabaloo QZ had to go thru to allow a male to be accepted in the Purity palace was for naught. Perhaps that was to demo her dedication to the Emblem master and LD but I thought it was a real slap in her face and a totally unnecessary scene when there was a possibility of acceptance from the others. So odd.

Yes indeed it was funny situation! 

Archived