[Drama 2017] While You Were Sleeping, 당신이 잠든 사이에

ilwoo_aein

38 minutes ago, yusefull said:

I would like it more if only JC could. After all, she hasn't be able for years and if WT can too, that would mean only men can change it and that idea is wrong.

@yusefull I subscribe to the idea that all three of them can change the future. The difference between HJ and JC is that JC challenged his vision and introduced new variables to try to change the outcome. He saved WT and HJ  (and by extension HJ’s mom) at the expense of his own well-being. He rushed to the building to save his brother. HJ was always more of a passive participant. She does not really challenge her visions. She informs the affected person and allows them to make their own choices. From her father to the guy with the cigarette. Her mother tried to change the guy’s fate by trying to take away the cigarettes. HJ did not know that the future is malleable and that one new factor can change the outcome of her visions. WT, just like JC inserts new variables into the picture to see if the result would change. I don’t think it’s a gender thing, but more of a personality thing. HJ had her visions really young and was not able to change her father’s fate. So she grew up believing that her visions were set in stone. Whereas JC, (not entirely sure about WT) who has always been rebellious, decided to challenge it by inserting himself as an independent variable.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, auroredawn said:

I subscribe to the idea that all three of them can change the future. The difference between HJ and JC is that JC challenged his vision and introduced new variables to try to change the outcome. He saved WT and HJ  (and by extension HJ’s mom) at the expense of his own well-being. He rushed to the building to save his brother. HJ was always more of a passive participant. She does not really challenge her visions. She informs the affected person and allows them to make their own choices. From her father to the guy with the cigarette. Her mother tried to change the guy’s fate by trying to take away the cigarettes. HJ did not know that the future is malleable and that one new factor can change the outcome of her visions. WT, just like JC inserts new variables into the picture to see if the result would change. I don’t think it’s a gender thing, but more of a personality thing. HJ had her visions really young and was not able to change her father’s fate. So she grew up believing that her visions were set in stone. Whereas JC, (not entirely sure about WT) who has always been rebellious, decided to challenge it by inserting himself as an independent variable.

I don't think it's what I call changing the futur. When he bring JC to the restaurant, inside he does nothing. If JC hasn't acted, the futur would have stay the same. JC is the one that change it. Same in the accident. In the elevator, the thing they saw is JC brother being arrested for killing the dad. JC stop him. The alarm didn't stop him at all. And in the prosecutor office, they give him a choice but it's him acting that change the anything.

• Like 5

38 minutes ago, yusefull said:

I would like it more if only JC could. After all, she hasn't be able for years and if WT can too, that would mean only men can change it and that idea is wrong.

@yusefull I subscribe to the idea that all three of them can change the future. The difference between HJ and JC is that JC challenged his vision and introduced new variables to try to change the outcome. He saved WT and HJ  (and by extension HJ’s mom) at the expense of his own well-being. He rushed to the building to save his brother. HJ was always more of a passive participant. She does not really challenge her visions. She informs the affected person and allows them to make their own choices. From her father to the guy with the cigarette. Her mother tried to change the guy’s fate by trying to take away the cigarettes. HJ did not know that the future is malleable and that one new factor can change the outcome of her visions. WT, just like JC inserts new variables into the picture to see if the result would change. I don’t think it’s a gender thing, but more of a personality thing. HJ had her visions really young and was not able to change her father’s fate. So she grew up believing that her visions were set in stone. Whereas JC, (not entirely sure about WT) who has always been rebellious, decided to challenge it by inserting himself as an independent variable.

• Like 5

56 minutes ago, yusefull said:

I don't think it's what I call changing the futur. When he bring JC to the restaurant, inside he does nothing. If JC hasn't acted, the futur would have stay the same. JC is the one that change it. Same in the accident. In the elevator, the thing they saw is JC brother being arrested for killing the dad. JC stop him. The alarm didn't stop him at all. And in the prosecutor office, they give him a choice but it's him acting that change the anything.

Well the thing is we cannot be sure about that because WT is the one that set the restaurant scene in such a way that JC could interviene. We don't know what would have happened if WT has decided to act himself, he might have been able to change things. He decided to invite JC because he wanted to see if JC would change things, he set it in such a way that only JC could interviene... I think WT was so curious about JC and what he had done (saved him on the road, saved his brother) that he wanted to see him change the future again. It's hard to tell if WT could have not changed the future then...

Ha ha ha... I am really liking this whole discussion!! But to be honest, we just have to wait and see what will happen in the next episodes...

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, carolinedl said:

Well the thing is we cannot be sure about that because WT is the one that set the restaurant scene in such a way that JC could interviene. We don't know what would have happened if WT has decided to act himself, he might have been able to change things. He decided to invite JC because he wanted to see if JC would change things, he set it in such a way that only JC could interviene... I think WT was so curious about JC and what he had done (saved him on the road, saved his brother) that he wanted to see him change the future again. It's hard to tell if WT could have not changed the future then...

In the restaurant you see him getting up but already too late.

5 minutes ago, carolinedl said:

Ha ha ha... I am really liking this whole discussion!! But to be honest, we just have to wait and see what will happen in the next episodes...

Me too but I feel it's so pointless. The only true argument I have is the synopsys that tell us that she dream and JC fight to stop the dream for happening.

• Like 5

@yusefull I don't think it is pointles to talk about it!! On the contrary...

I seecwhat you mean but he stands up just before because JC has remained silent. He kept looking at him, waiting for him to interviene but he aited tillthe last moment to do so. He wanted to see JC do sthg, he set it up like that by inviting him, etc. If he had chosen to interviene himself before, things might have been different. In that particular case, he wanted JC to interviene...

• Like 6

6 hours ago, yusefull said:

Yes, changing the future is about choice or what you do with the information you have (or has been given to you). WT’s decision to bring JC to the restaurant changed the outcome. He had no way of knowing what JC would do, but the decision to bring him prevented HJ's injury. Regarding  JC's brother, the information that HJ gave JC about his brother's arrest and the reason behind it were what propelled the change. I believe that the alarm changed the outcome. It allowed the mother to leave the apartment.

My computer is going bonkers. My messages are either not being posted or being duplicated.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, yusefull said:

I think, on the contrary, that WT took JC in the restaurant who acts on the future. Even if that seems insignificant, it is the first blow that makes the future no longer follow what should have happened.
JC,   it is the active agent but without the presence of HJ and WT, JC can not act, JC needs both HJ and WT to act on the future, JC does not do it alone.
The lesson of this story if you change a little detail, it makes all the difference (For good or for bad). Yet we will think this detail as insignificant but it is the first action that begins the change, after who will act who will do what, it will be conducted after that.
It is a detail that changes everything.

In french in the spoiler:

Spoiler

Je pense au contraire comme WT a emmené JC dans le restaurant qui agit sur le futur. Même ça parait insignifiant, c'est le premier coup qui fait que le futur ne suit plus ce qu'il aurait du se passer. 
JC c'est l'agent actif mais sans la présence de HJ et WT, il ne peut pas agir, il a besoin des deux pour agir sur le futur, il ne le fait pas seul.
La leçon de cette histoire si tu change un petit détail, ça fait toute la différence (en bien ou en mal). Pourtant, on penserait ce détail comme insignifiant mais il est la première action qui amorce le changement, après qui agira qui fera quoi, ça sera mené après ça. 
C'est un détail qui change tout. 

• Like 7

Dream High citation: In billiards, the first shot is to break the pack. Yes. It is after this first shot that the game begins. [...] Even with the same angle and strength, it is impossible to say. By the time you break the pack, the game becomes a war of balls over which you have no control.

It's same for the future, JC, HJ and Wt don't control the future, they follow the flow in the direction that the first move to change will have created.

I just remembered that. 

• Like 3

On 10/7/2017 at 3:42 AM, yusefull said:

HJ wake him up so he can get out but he must decide to get out. We didn't see her change the futur but rather telling him to do it.

WT was at the restaurant but he couldn't have done anything if JC didn't act.

Maybe they can change the futur but until now, none of those two did it. They make him do it.

I give up!  I have learned that sometimes you must sit back and wait.  

7 hours ago, carolinedl said:

Of course not! What I was implying is that they can do it, the three of them, only when they are together or connected. Think of it: when JC stopped the car, the three of them were there; at the building, they were also there, for the restaurant too. Somehow, I think the future could be altered once they met, once JC and WT developped the faculty to dream after meeting HJ. Before, HJ could not do anything, but once the three met, the three developped the faculty to alter the future. 

I think it would be unfair to JC if only him can change the future, take action. What will happen the day he will need to be saved? HJ and WT won't be able to do anything for him?

I agree that the three of them must act together.

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

“While You Were Sleeping” Reveals More Photos Of Suzy And Lee Jong Suk’s Iconic Kiss To Thank Viewers

SBS’s “While You Were Sleeping” has shared more behind-the-scene photos!

The drama has been increasing in popularity, and recently marked first place in viewership ratings during its Wednesday-Thursday night time slot for the first time. As a thank-you gift, the drama recently released b-cut photos from the iconic kiss scene that is featured in its main poster.

The photos show close-ups of Lee Jong Suk and Suzy in character as they tenderly look at each other, as well as the kiss itself from slightly different angles.

Suzy-Lee-Jong-Suk-While-You-Were-Sleepin

In addition, the drama also revealed several more behind-the-scene photos that showcase the bright atmosphere on set. While the drama itself features much darker, serious moments, the actors happily converse with each other and pose for photos when they’re not filming.

While-You-Were-Sleeping3.jpg

“While You Were Sleeping” airs every Wednesday and Thursday. See why it’s receiving so much love by checking out the first episode exclusively on Rakuten Viki!

https://www.soompi.com/2017/10/09/sleeping-reveals-photos-suzy-lee-jong-suks-iconic-kiss-thank-viewers/

VIU SG update

• Like 6

I giggled when the policeman said that "cute" is the common denominator among the three of them.. He can't be more correct. :) These 3 are just like eye candys on screen, you cant take your eyes off them. Anyway i have a theory that the policeman might be related to that rogue military guy. Maybe its his older brother or something.

• Like 4
  • LOL 2

Excited for this week's episodes! I feel like we will finally focus more on HJ's background and story.
Not much is known about her and her job and this week's eps will most likely tell us a lot!

Looking forward to it everyone <3

• Like 8